Remember me?

For general discussions of any sort that don't fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, JKatkina

Shadow
Dragon

Remember me?

Post by Shadow »

Yup, I think of you guys from time to time. Quite a bit actually.

My last post was in '09 and I can't remember why I poofed, but I poofed. Unfortunatelly, I don't think I will be coming back. I've sort of lost some of my taste for dragon adopting at the quantity that went on here when I was active. I got kind of bored having all of these dragons but not really having much to do with them. I still like it, but I don't think I'm qute ready to do it again. I have also adopted a new username (Sheari) to use on the internet and joined a DRoP RP site (one of the most active out there I think) and it suits me better I think...that also sounds like I "changed my name and moved away". However, quite a bit has happened to me in the last...3-ish years, and here's a short filler if you want to read it.

I've graduated High School, started college for Criminal Justice, and acquired a job (I hate it but it pays me so...>.>). I've also become an aunt...and my nephew is most certainly active. I've met someone and have been with my boyfriend for over two years now. We currently have plans to move into an apartment together sometime in September with a mutual friend of ours. Eddie is a pastor's son, and while Pastor Ed and his awesome wife Ellen aren't quite what one would think when you think of the stereotyical church family, they have taken me in as one of their own and I feel as comfortable around them as I do my own parents. (Sadly, the clergical higher-ups moved them to a new congregation that could use some of Pastor Ed's style of sermon a couple of hours away and I can no longer spend nearly every weekend at their house xD)

To those who remember my idea for nine, planet inspired dragons, I still think of that (and feel regret and guilt that it never came to punctual fruition) as well. They, however, have not been put completely out of the picture and I am determiend to one day complete that project.

Anywoof, I will be lurking for a little while. Maybe a few days, maybe a couple weeks, so if you post here I will see it. I've seen a few new faces during my expeditions around the site, I've also noticed that it has kind of died. I'm sorry that this place has gotten inactive. It really is a great place to encourage not only art and writing, but creation and imagination in general. Without the Nexus, I doubt I would have even been able to do NaNoWriMo, since Shard was the one to introduce me to it. I have since completed the rough draft of my first novel this past November and I used so much inspiration form the Nexus dragons for the ones in that dreadfully bad story that was just so much fun to write! (If you remember me mumbling about a dragon named Y'thar, that's the story).

I love you guys. I really do, and I think about you.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Re: Remember me?

Post by Shard »

Wow, well, welcome back even if briefly! :D

I love how your signature line indicates you're a jr in hs. :)

And don't worry about delayed projects. The summer swim 2000 is... still... not done.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

don't feel bad. a few of us have only recently found our way back & are trying to find a rhythm of real life & dragons XD i, for one, haven't quite balanced it myself. glad to hear your life is going the direction of the good ^_^
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Long time no see! I have a tendency to poof for timespans ranging from 2 weeks to 2 years, as well, so there are never any hard feelings about that. :P

Good to see you back, even if it's just for a while.
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

I do remember you! And that I owe you paged lovelies from the Little Bit Giveaway! That was... so very long ago...

I'm so glad to hear from you and that your life is going so well. Feel free to drop back in whenever you're thinking of us, even for random silliness! It's just great to hear back from old friends. :)
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar