And speaking of Zekira...

Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Shard
Great Wyrm

And speaking of Zekira...

Post by Shard »

So with the mention of it in another thread, I was wondering if I should start offering or do a giveaway for some Zekiran dragons?

They're more or less animal-intelligence, and designed for fighting off threats and NOT to be ridden by their handlers. Their handlers would generally be slave-class individuals bred for their duties, earning their way out to become fully fledged independent citizens.

There are a number of different types of dragons, all based on animals found on Zekira (and earth, mostly), each for a different climate and terrain. One Dragonmaster can often handle up to a dozen dragons though not at the same time. I'd made a 'disaster generator' which can be used to determine whether the dragons or their handlers are injured in alien attacks, and how much money they can make after each adventure.

The site is so very, very orange.

http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... ra/dmz.htm

Any interest in these? I've given out a couple of them for birthdays, so they are around. They're not really intended for breeding in with other creatures, though they could be if desired.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Yulara
Fledgling

Re: And speaking of Zekira...

Post by Yulara »

I really like them, particularly the stone one. I'm not sure that I quite understand the way things are set up, but I only glanced at it. I'll have to read further into the site, and perhaps things will make more sense.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Basically you either create or let me create a character that will command the dragons. I can offer up a variety of types, people maybe put bids in for their persona to 'buy' them. Then if there's interest, put out a few events that might give the character money or even a scar, keeping track of who may want to buy themselves out of slave status, or pay off their debts, and settle down once they've done that, to raise their own dragons. Dunno, lol, they've been around on my drive for so long, just ... wanna do something with them.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

I love anything to do with Zekira. Sign me up. After poking around the site for the past half hour, I'm trying very hard not to start with the character generation right now!
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Post by weyrwomanrhiannon »

I do have the one Aqua that could work for the Swim. Zekira is definitely interesting. Is it strictly RP based?
Rider of Gold Alanath, Sr. Weyrwoman of Aneris Weyr
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Nope, not really - it COULD be, if I could get my act together and put the pdfs into shape. I'm hoping to run it with my gaming group provided they all agree to it, lol. But I can always use other testers.

Generally I think what I'd do with the dragons here, though, would be to get people set up with a couple Dragonmasters (i would say bonder, but that's also a class on Zekira lol, and it doesn't quite mean the same thing) and then operate egg-selling "hatchings", and between those, create some events that your characters could in theory participate in. The event generator is pretty vague, so it might be something that people could use for fleshing out story bits or inspire other characters to be created in case one dies. Yes, they would stand the chance of dying... Hence why there's a 'memorial' page on the site. ;)

I've created a couple of my own while i was injured, and had nothing better to do than run random numbers by mouseclick. See how long your team of Dragon Masters can dig themselves out of their debts to their masters or lords, what kind of scarring they get, how much hospital time they spent doing it. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Ah. I think I get it. Maybe. LOL

So you have Dragonmasters (candidates for lack of a better term) who are generally slaves to a lord or someone else who outranks them, and through egg-selling, they have to make enough money to buy their freedom. However, there are possible complications to this that can lead to said Dragonmaster being injured or death. I'm assuming this would be randomly rolled for during events between hatchings or possibly during the hatchings themselves.

That right?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yup that's pretty much it! :D

Because it's quite expensive to get into such things, and in the in-game world the individuals who have selected for the dragon mastery traits pretty much call all the shots. It takes money to create people AND dragons, fit for the job!

And it costs money to heal those injuries, time spent recuperating means time that dragons aren't defending the land!

:D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Glad I understand. It's really interesting, so I'd like to give it a shot.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Cool!

I'll spruce up the site a bit, the orange really is horrifying hahah. I'll post a few 'available characters', or you can click the generator a few times, and then I'll announce some eggies.

Also I have absolutely no problem with you creating a high-ranking persona that then bonds or owns those future-freed Dragonmasters...

Gads it's almost like a strategy game hahah.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

I was thinking it might be fun to set it up so that I have a high-ranking persona that manages a few other low-ranking dragonmasters. I'll have to consider it more carefully when I've re-read all the info a couple of times. Sounds like so much fun.
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yup, basically it could allow for a number of things:

1) you could make a more fully fleshed out character at a high rank, they'd have reason to hold land and own/bond people, and you'd be able to justify getting certain people to hotspots quickly if there were places near where they owned lands

2) I could create quick and dirty bonds and budak to pad out whatever lower-ranking Dragonmasters people would want to make, fodder for dangerous missions

3) I could then also have an economy set up, give each 'overseer' type a certain amount that they could invest in dragon eggs, buying land, or getting added dragonmasters on their teams...

sheesh this is sounding complicated but quite fun. >_> I bet I could get a kickstarter game out of this, actually.. oi.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Sounds neat at a glance. Any chance that it's quick and dirty enough for folks who just want to pass through every couple of days until inspiration strikes for writing? XD I love seeing random-generated things take form in stories, but I sure don't have the time to write a lot, these days!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I think I will want to make it as quick to pick up on as possible. Remember, I've played role playing games since before some of you were born, but I have my preferences as to how easy they are to pick up on. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com