Candidates with comics?

Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Neishai
Dragon

Candidates with comics?

Post by Neishai »

I've always loved to make comics. I'm not well-practiced at it and have been wishing that I could do some more. In addition to that, I don't know if anyone remembers but I used to try to put up little illustrations of my characters on their profile pages. Not dolls, not stock art, but drawings. Lately I've been wanting to take a break in favor of drawing, coloring, and putting more candidate images. But today I thought, well, if I did a comic I wouldn't have to take a break from storywriting, I'd be killing two birds with one stone!

So I was just wondering if any of you whom host clutches would be interested in that sort of thing? Most likely you'd eventually end up with both a written and an illustrated story, plus profile page. The downside, of course, is that it would probably take much longer to complete, and so I would have to make these kinds of characters for broader storylines (an agency as opposed to a specific clutch or giveaway), or longer-running things like the Fauna Frenzy for example (or the Swim, if that's still going to happen? Or did it hatch and I missed it? D: )

Also, for those of you interested, a comic takes not only more time to complete, but also more pages. With that in mind, it would probably be more of an introduction or vignette than a chapters-long story. What do you think would be a fair comic length to qualify for different rankings and such? I know "requirements" have in general become more lax, but I still like the idea of earning my dragons. Even my giveaways end up with stories eventually, time allowing. :)
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar
Shard
Great Wyrm

Re: Candidates with comics?

Post by Shard »

I would love to see something like this. I did use my own comic sketched pages and script for one of the Naughty Clutch people, Grace and her demonic lover. Illustrating stories is just wonderful.

... No the swim has never gone out.

>_> lol. Still got all the stuff to run it but it's SOOOO out of date now, no links work just about anywhere any longer, so... folks have to like, take my word for things on some of the dragons haha. I ... should finish that some day.

But yes, I love the idea myself.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

I don't think I ever saw that one! I would love to see it. I was always inspired by your comic-y art style, it's so nostalgic to me. (big, big comic book fan)

If you ever do run the Swim, I'll be all over it. If you still needed candidates, that is. I can't remember whom I sent in (versus whose I had planned to send in) but their links will be fixed too. I have so many people to put up again/still.

Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

lol good lord the last time I updated it was in 2005, it's officially 12 years late now.

http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... wim2k5.htm

Grace Under Hellfire is the comic I was intending originally to send to one of the small comic producers that accepted such things, and hopefully get it published. But it was pretty much impossible for me to finish, I couldn't get some of the page layouts to work right. NSFW, it's for the adults only crowd.

http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... /grace.htm
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

And apparently I've been intending to send someone in for about as long! I still remember, more or less, a story I was going to write for it, lol!

I'm going to check that out when I'm not in mixed company. I loved the Naughty Clutch! :D As far as the layouts go, do you know anyone that you could talk to that could help you out?

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Well the story was written like... 15 years ago, and my supplies are all somewhere buried in storage. I won't really be returning to it myself. It's basically in script form, I only got the first couple pages done, and there's nothing outright dirty about the artwork. The story though, yeah. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Post by weyrwomanrhiannon »

I don't really mind if it's a candidate comic strip as long as I can get a good feel for the character's personality. :) I think it might be really fun.
Rider of Gold Alanath, Sr. Weyrwoman of Aneris Weyr
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

Yeah, just thinking about it makes me so excited. Unfortunately you may not see anything right away. We're trying to find a better place around August/September and my art supplies are likely to be one of the first things to be packed. Along with my comic books. But in the future, I really look forward to it. At the very least it will be a fun excuse to use my sketchbooks! :)