Re-Birth of Planet Holic?

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Cy
Dragon

Re-Birth of Planet Holic?

Post by Cy »

Thankfully, DF left my sites up [thank you!] but I've realized they do *not* work in Google Chrome. Which is sort of ok, since I need to move things around, update, & re-code anyways. So while I am working on that, & all the other shiny new fun stuff I have planned, I'd like to get some confirmations from people on who is allowing me to keep/take back my dragons. If you took yours back during my absence, I'm perfectly ok with that, I just need to know who to put back up & stuff. I guess I could go ahead & re-do them all, & just take them down if someone says ''Hey, I took mine back."... but yeah.

Sound off, please?
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Re: Re-Birth of Planet Holic?

Post by StarFyre »

Anything from me is still yours ^^ Ask if you need info for any of them.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

I don't believe I took any of mine back, so if you have any (and I think there are a few if memory serves me correctly) go ahead and re-page them. :)
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Anything from me is definitely still yours as well.
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
eccentricbirdie
Egg

Post by eccentricbirdie »

I only had one batch of dragons, a long time ago, but if you got one they are still yours. :3
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Any EverRealm critters you have are still yours. I've been rather away myself.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yup definitely still good from me.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Awesome guys, thanks :D
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

O_O Holy cow, lots of people answering (and posting in general!) that I haven't seen in a while! Woot! :D

Cy, I think that some of yours from the BWR may be in trouble, as I was doing a look through and I remember having some trouble finding links. I don't have a clear list right now of who owned which dragon, but each pickup page has the name of the owner nearby (or, at least, most of them do! I was updating my pickup pages but they were being a pain in the butt to organize, so I took a break. ^^;) If you see any familiar names on my abandoned page as of yet, give me a shout and a link and I'll take them down. (And no worries if they are there -- I don't revoke the right to snag an old dragon back if its URL went missing until it has been adopted by someone else, and since I haven't had my re-adoptions open yet, that's pretty much a moot point right now. :D)
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Awesomenessss :D

I got the wonky stuff worked out in the coding, so now I'm in the process of gettin all the characters paged & linked, then I'll upload everything at once & get started on the shiny new parts of the site.
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

also - I tried loggin in today to upload the re-coded site, but it says my password is incorrect & DF's sites aren't showing up, soooo
does anyone know of any free hosting sites? or recommend some good hosting sites that aren't too expensive & I'll buy my own space with my next paycheck?

I could always use the shitty Google hosting, but their templates are so gross & there's so few customization options >.<

**EDIT** just kidding. new Planet Holic can be found here - http://planet-holic.hostzi.com but be warned - pretty much nothing works XD
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

just because i feel like complaining to people who feel the pain -

the time consuming repetitiveness of tryin to get all your character pages from the last 6 or so years to match the same layout & have the same info stats... even for characters you forgot existed... amirighttt? i've debated multiple times on just uploading the pages as-is. but if i'mma do any of it, might as well do it all right now, eh?

100 of 550 down. though i'm sure that seems like an afternoon stroll in the park to people like shard ^_~
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I haven't even attempted to finish reposting all my dragons, much less post the ones that never had pages to begin with. I'm a bad person that way =P
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

I just wish I'd used the same template from the beginning so I could just change the base CSS file & then upload all the pages. But noooo, some of my earlier pages are just, basically, name, age, gender, looks, history, personality, & then the dragon & the same base stats. I'm tryin to fledge everyone out a bit more & make it more uniform.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Mine are all built in Geocities' pagebuilder. .... Yeah.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I know your pain... I've been updating their histories as I move them over to the current website, but for some that I didn't really know much about, it's tricky! They say our monkeysphere only really encompasses like... less than one hundred people? It's even worse when it's just imaginary characters. "I don't know who you are, I don't care! >:U"

It seems worth the challenge, at least. After moving a few pages over and updating their stats, I've found some sort of treasures in the rough that I enjoy more now than I thought I would!
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

I seem to have lost a lot of stories for them that tell me who they are too O.o like, unlinked links on their pages for "chapter 1, chapter 2" etc that lead nowhere & I can't find the stories in my documents. WHO ARE YOU & WHICH OF THE OTHER CHARACTERS DID YOU KNOW?! gah haha.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

You know what this calls for? Traumatic memory-wiping beam from space/some evil mage of doom. :P
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

lmao, I've mostly been assigning them low-class jobs about the Castle as things like maintenance, cleaning, laundry, records keeper [lord knows Holic needs a loooot of those], electronics testing, cooking, & training for certain magic or care classes. I'll get it all figured out.

On another note, once the site is fully completed, Stardust Weyr & the Zalor breeding program will both be part of the main Holic website instead of their own sub-sites. Sort of. I think. I haven't decided between having banners for both sites on the main index page allowing you to go to the sub-site, OR when you click the navigation for, say, "Adopt" or "Mating", it'll bring up 3 navigation tables allowing you to choose from Castello Holic, Stardust Weyr [which is technically on Planet Holic, just a different continent as the Castle, same for the breeding program] & clicking on "Residents" will bring up choices like "All Residents of Planet Holic, Castello Holic Residents, Stardust Weyr Residents, The Xeno-hive, The Vampires, The Mages, etc". "All Residents" is pretty much what I'm working on now, & since each character page lists "Residence", some will have the Castle, some will have the Weyr, so I can go back & sort them later.

Any preferences? Or what you would think would be more understandable?
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Whatever is the most clear to read and has the fewest click-throughs, I'm happiest with! I think that if they feel like they're own distinct operations, you should make them distinct sub-sites. If you want them to feel like more a part of the Holic package (as it were!) then designing them to look like they belong together makes more sense.

I'm the worst for helping people make decisions. XD Sorry!
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Haha I'm just horrible at figuring out *how* I want things organized, just that I want it easiest. But it isn't always easy when you change your mind about what's "easiest"
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

For anyone keeping track, this is where I'm currently up to in the repaging process: http://planet-holic.hostzi.com/residents_all.htm
they will be better organized later, I'm simply going through it alphabetically & working 9 hours a day as I train for a new position at work. But this little engine is trucking when I can!

It's kind of fun rediscovering characters & being like "Oh yeah, I was gonna do "this" with them." Now I get to decide new things to do with them XD
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

Hello and welcome back! :D
(Kinda slow on the uptake aren't I? Sorry about that.)

I've got a similar paging/repaging issue with my own characters. I had people scattered all over the nexus that I wanted converged onto one little planet for ease (?) of reference. Explaining everything away will be trickier for some than others. I recently rediscovered someone that I started back in 2003 that I've decided will be my covelord (so much time has passed in real time that he could pull it off, lol!). And story ideas popped up all over the place. Reorganizing everything is a pain and I still don't know how I'm going to do the layout for my page. And people I thought were going to live in one place have decided to move elsewhere because they fit there better (in a story sense). It's a fun process, isn't it? Kind of a mixed bag of what's going to be fun and what's going to be tedious... but it's an exciting process of rediscovery at the same time!
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Most definitely. Just kind of getting to the point now that I get tired of lookin at the same template over & over XD On the fence about going ahead & doing a clutch or maybe a Zalor litter just to take my mind off the characters XD
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

The only problem with dusting off old characters is that it then takes a bajillion years to repage everyone. XD Neishai, I had the same idea as you, and started repaging everyone in different Niduses (Nidusii?) but I was adding a little to each page to account for years past... and I still haven't finished repaging everyone yet. >.>
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Ppppffffffftttt...

>_>

*looks at Alabaster*

*looks at Dawnlight*

*looks at furries, mages, Planet Twenty...*

Heck the only thing I'm sure I've got up right now is my The Endings stuff - carramba and space stuff. ;)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com