Starting over... sort of.

Going to be gone for a long time? Just got back from a trip? Keep us in the know here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Shard
Great Wyrm

Starting over... sort of.

Post by Shard »

Not by choice. Those who follow me on DA or Facebook already know this, but I've been evicted on Thursday and am currently living with my friends Chuck and Cheryl. I literally have the clothes on my back and a couple shirts they bought for me, my laptop, and my mom's cat (the others, presumably, have been sent to animal control, but I believe all shelters here are no-kill).

My wrist was badly broken in january and the day after my surgery to fix it was the first I ever heard of the lawsuit to evict me. 3 full months had gone by since I had talked to the managers and at no point did they offer settlements to sell the place, etc - and at no time did the law firm contact me for that either.

The free lawyers I have are *pissed* about the situation, because my name wasn't even on the papers against me - it's my mother who hasn't been there for over a year, and 'unknown does 1-10', which was filed improperly. Unfortunately that info didn't come in time to spare me from being locked out. The sheriffs refused to talk to the lawyers even though I was told to get them to do so. the bitches running the park almost wouldn't allow chuck to get my meds and phone, but thankfully they had to with my arm and whatever.

They're not going to be happy about the nastygram that is being sent to their lawyer about it, they're going to have to let me in to collect things, and so hopefully my other friend will be able to rent a truck or something. I was hoping it would be this weekend but that's unlikely. Monday is out because the hardware on my arm is coming out in the morning.

So I can draw with this physical issue, still, but have no access to my desktop because it's still in the house. Until I get it, and maybe somewhere more permanent to live, and a job (lol) and my drivers license back, there won't be a lot out of me.

The upside right at the moment is that I have a roof over my head and a couch to crash on, and wireless for the laptop.

Oh yeah lol PERIOD TOO this week, FFFFUUUUUU my body hates me.

Well, that's where I am. I miss real life.

shard
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
delyar
Dragon

Re: Starting over... sort of.

Post by delyar »

Holy shit. I'm so sorry you're going through this, Shard, that's ridiculous. :(
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*hugs Shard and offers cookies* Wow that's a nasty collection of doom that landed on top of you. Hope things get better for you soon, and at least you do have the basics!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Thanks guys :)

I just wish I had my drawing pad. It's weird because usually it would be in my backpack but since I was at the courthouse all day wednesday and such I didn't have time to pack ANYTHING.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Post by weyrwomanrhiannon »

Oh man! Shard, that sucks hard core. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. Things have been rough for us too which is one of the reasons I've returned to my lovely little corner of the online world. I'm glad you have a few necessities. Hopefully things will work out and you'll be able to get your stuff as well as find a new place to live. I have some hardware of my own. I snapped my ankle in two places in March of 07, so I'm coming up on my 5 year anniversary in three days. I'll never have it taken out because I can't afford to be on crutches for six more weeks. Anyway, our thoughts are with you and you have our support. *HUGS*
Rider of Gold Alanath, Sr. Weyrwoman of Aneris Weyr
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

Wow. Nice to know the managers have some humanity left in them. I suppose I shouldn't say that but I did anyway. :P I happened to see your DA (not stalking! really!) and that you had broken your wrists but this is ridiculous. Thank you for letting us know what's been happening. I'm hoping that things will work out for you soon, or that you can at least get your stuff back. A house is just a house, even one that's full of memories. But it sounds like you've got some great friends watching your back. :)
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oh Shard, that is absolutely awful. :c Hugs being sent your way.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Monday I got the metal hardware out of my wrist, and so now I'm working on breaking up the scar tissue on the tendons and getting some flexibility on my fingers back. I can move very little in terms of wrist twisting (palm/back is around 30degrees total motion, if that, and thumb/pinkie side motion is nil) but at least now I don't have to sleep funny or risk stabbing myself with it.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Slow steps, I suppose. Don't over-work it or anything!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Well, so far as I know it's doing well enough that the md was impressed even from the time they pulled the stuff out and when I left.

I talked to the animal control people today, and let them put the two females up if they're healthy and okay to be adopted, but I am hoping that I can get at least one or two of the others adopted to people I know. Probably not, but at least I know that the cats were all rounded up and are getting the care and affection they need. So today was a bit weepy.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

That's totally understandable. :( Shard, I'm so sorry, I would definitely take one of them in if we were anywhere nearby and not terribly allergic. It's an awful feeling to let family go (and I consider pets to be part of the family!) go, and not knowing where to is pretty cruel.

I'm really sorry. I hope that you manage at least to get all of your things!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I have an email in to the lawyers and hopefully they'll be getting a court order to get me back in to get the stuff soon.

In the meantime, here are my photos!

http://lethe-gray.deviantart.com/art/Ac ... -293539601\
http://lethe-gray.deviantart.com/art/Ac ... -293541929

Ain't that dandy to be evicted with?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Woah, Shard! That's some serious metal you had going on there. It looked excruciating. I'm so glad I never have to see the metal in my ankle. I feel it often enough that I don't want to see it. I'm so glad you're doing better now. I hope the lawyers come through for you.
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

It's a shame about your cats. You said it's (probably?) a no-kill shelter though so at least they have plenty of time. Hopefully some will end up with your friends, but I'm sure they'll all find good homes.

When you said "hardware" I had no clue just how much there was until I saw those photos. I keep looking at them going, "...How?" Looks excruciating by itself. It must be such a huge relief it's finally out!
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yeah the first bunch of weeks it was just outrageously swollen. Once the bandages came off though, and it got some air and I could scratch it a little it felt much better. I was more worried about the skin that started healing around the pins and screws, but the local they gave was more than enough to take care of the pinch when they took it out.

The pliers were scary hahah I didn't really watch either of them closely, and honestly the front part with the freaking gigantic hole in the wrist area was way worse than the back holes were!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

D: Shard, you're a freaking superhero for going through that with such a mellow attitude. I'd have been freaking out pretty hard through all of that.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Dear lord, even the thought makes me cringe, much less the pictures of what happened to your wrist. I agree with Dray about the mellow attitude and salute you for that. Here's to hoping it heals well and you regain as much dexterity as possible.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Thanks. I did melt down both when I was trying to get a court stay and when they walked me out of the house. But since then I have basically tried to keep myself occupied. I cry, but it's going to be what it'll be. I've never faced anything like this, but at least I'm facing it with friends and I include all of you and those I've met over the internet and real life. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'm very glad that you have friends with which to crash... that's like the worst concurrence of events to fall on one person. Not sure what else to say besides that my thoughts are with you, Shard! Quick recovery and warm fuzzies!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

So since last time I got most of the stuff I needed out of my house, but can no longer go back in at all for whatever else. A few pieces of furniture and some other stuff (like beds and whatnot) is left there, but fuck it, that's all she wrote.

My friend got a storage room for me, and it's just *barely* big enough for all the stuff that I *did* get out. My goal is to eventually pare down all that crap to about half of what is there.

Anyway *tired*. :)

Thanks for listening all. I hope to have more dragons paged and posted as time goes by! Got my hard drive and got my desktop with the right info on it, and thus paging is possible once more!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*hugs* Glad you got your things back, Shard! That's good news, and I hope things keep going your way - it's definitely nice to have you back!
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Ditto *HUGS* I'm glad to hear you got some of your things at least. That's really good news. I'm so glad you have good friends to help you. That's so important. You have us too. I hope things continue to improve for you.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

I concur on the "glad to have you back" part, but more importantly, I'm happy that things are looking up, if even a little. You're very lucky to have the friends that you do!
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Thank goodness for getting most of your stuff. Furniture... whatever, there are always people looking to get rid of old furniture via kijiji and craigslist. You may be able to get new stuff in time. It's sort of the personal stuff that's important, though! Good luck with the paring down! Kat and I had to do that before moving out to Vancouver and it was really tricky when we got down to the last couple of boxes! It's hard to part with some stuff.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

So... While I'm here with this thread open, how many things have I missed to put up? I know that I was waiting to upload a couple stages on things because I needed their companions to also bond before that point, but I've got no idea if I actually MISSED anything - I'm thinking Falas dragons in particular that I may have not been able to pick up if they grew.

So if you know I'm missing a stage or you need a proper link (as I think some folks haven't gotten the new links to the droppin-the-fork.com/dragonsites/ area yet) please tell me and show where I can get em!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

No rush at all on this, but you do have an Asana dragon from me! Since I send stages when the previous ones are paged and all there's no hurry whatsoever and you didn't technically 'miss' it, just reminding you that you have one. ;)

Hope things are holding up for you!
Molly
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yeah I looked at those! I will make sure they're where they are supposed to be, and get back to you for stages.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

:) Take as much time as you need, of course. Good to see you around again!
Molly
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I haven't been active for some time, even if I'm currently lurking, but Delyar and I put up the Old Blood Frenzy wave a little while ago, here: http://lambeosaurine.com/oldblood/w1.html
The pickup was here: http://www.lambeosaurine.com/oldblood/w1pu.html

You had a little group in there! No deadline right now -- it's all pretty laid back. :3
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oh SWEET! OH MY GOD that gold! OMG.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com