Kinda Sorta Lurking...

Going to be gone for a long time? Just got back from a trip? Keep us in the know here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Kinda Sorta Lurking...

Post by Myrror »

...which, I guess, is better then not being here at all. ^^

In case anyone was wondering, yes, I am still alive. I moved last December, and I have a new computer--though I forgot my scanner cords in the move, and I'm not sure the old thing is compatable with the new computer anyway.

The reason I got the new computer (after three some years of putting it off) was because the fan in my old one gave out. It runs, just--not for very long. Unfortunately, I never got around to backing anything up, so everything's still on the old hard drive. I hope to find a way to keep it cool for an hour or two once I buy a flash drive or two to get the old files off of there.

Still, even though I'm no longer active, I am still around. Kinda. ^^;
ImageImageImageImageImage
aireona93
Dragon

Re: Kinda Sorta Lurking...

Post by aireona93 »

I'm glad to see that you're still here, Myrror! And with a new computer! That's always exciting.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

Myrror! Omniwite and I have been wondering about you. It's great to hear from you, technical difficulties aside. I don't suppose you can get back there and get the cords? Or there's shopping online, you never know what you'll find. :3 I got a laptop last year (has Windows 7 64bit), and at first it didn't seem like our old scanner would be compatible. Used it on our XP machine. But it works, more or less... so it may be worth it for you to look into those cords!
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Hi, Myr! I definitely miss you and all the fantabulous art you brought to the Nexus. And it's good to see you're still alive even if you're not active. :D
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

o/ Myrror! It's good to hear you're still alive and kicking *grins* Speaking of art -- how's your hand? I remember that being a problem for you back before you vanished for a while.

From a technical standpoint, Win7 does allow you to use things in various compatibility modes, so as long as you can hook the scanner up, you can probably use it.

Cooling issue:
For a laptop: take a box fan and put it on it's side, so that the airflow is towards the ceiling, then set the laptop on top of it.
For a desktop: pry the case open - there should be screws or latches or something that should allow you to open the case so that you can see all the wires and cables from this angle. Set the box fan up so that it's blowing into the case.

This will not solve the issue, but it should allow you to operate the machine for long enough to save your data. If you don't have a box fan, replace that with something similar. Hell, for a laptop, you could even use an ice pack as if the laptop was an injured body-part (aka with a towel around it) and rest the laptop on top of the ice pack.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

I had...issues...with my former landlord, so going back to get them wasn't an option. I'd also have to find the driver online (I'm sure I could do that). And I'm not sure about buying new cords, but it's something I can look into, just not right away. The moving thing has left me a little low on cash, the new computer even more so, since I'm still making payments on it, and I'm also gonna try and save up for summer. I'd rather not work if I didn't have to, I really need some time to take care of my legs, and keep them propped up. My hand seems okay, I've had some pain in the wrist lately, usually when I'm using it at work.

I do have a webcam, though. Came with the computer. ^.^
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Well, I believe I have most of the files I needed off the old computer, and have installed--after quite a bit of fuss--Photoshop 5.5 onto the new one. I'm in the process of trying to find and redowndload my plug-ins.

...and, of course, I was gone for a good two months from my last post. >.>

Anyway, I did buy some drawing materials (paper, inking pens, pencils) and I think I may buy a scanner next paycheck if nothing comes up, as this computer's now paid off and my rent is paid until the first of September. Have my eye on a scanner/printer/copier that's around $89.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yay welcome back more or less officially then! :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Thankee ^^

I just drew a basic catdragon (yay, I drew something!), but it would take a slag-load of cleaning to get it ready from the photo I took of it.

Though, would anyone be interested in one once I get a scanner and can scan it cleaner?
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

I'd be interested. I still have to repage the majority of my Everrealm critters, not to mention the ones that were never paged, but still, I'd be interested. :D
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Well, considering it would probably take me years to get an EverRealm parents list together... >.> ...I think right now my view would be 'page it if you want them to breed sometime'
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Yep, That's pretty much what I expected. Also, welcome back!
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

o/ I'm always interested in Myrror shinies! =P Nothing like adding to my backlog of pretty things to page.

Also, congrats on getting your life back together ^^ hope to see you around more often.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

YES PLEASE. :D
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

Count me in, most definitely. :D
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar
eccentricbirdie
Egg

Post by eccentricbirdie »

Pretty catdragons are pretty :3