Rhiannon Returns

For general discussions of any sort that don't fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, JKatkina

weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Rhiannon Returns

Post by weyrwomanrhiannon »

Hi all,

It's been a really long time since I was last here in 2008, but RL got extremely complicated. As you may remember from my last post, my dad had an accident that left him almost completely paralyzed from the neck down. Since my mother has MS, it's been difficult, but now that I have my sister here with me, I think I'm finally ready for my triumphal return from between. I've been trying to gather up all of the old Aneris images. Some were lost in various harddrive crashes. I'm missing just a few: the weyrling and hatchling stages for both gold shades and then the hatchling and weyrling stages for the darker green shade. Then I'll decide what to do from there. I think I'd really like to get back in touch with everything by writing a few candidates first if anyone is still interested in Old World candidates. I'm just glad to be back. It took me forever to find this place again. *hugs everyone*
Rider of Gold Alanath, Sr. Weyrwoman of Aneris Weyr
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Re: Rhiannon Returns

Post by StarFyre »

Hello yourself! I'll admit to being rather excitable when I saw your name in my inbox *grins* My husband gave me this "what are you on" look =P Something about bouncing and going "Rhiannon's back! Another oldbie is baaaaack!"

I'm glad that your life has gotten a bit easier.

Anyway, glad you found us again!
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Ah, I remember Aneris. Welcome back! And I'm always interested in Old World candidates. :D
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'm glad that things are a little better now. That sounds really tough -- but welcome back. :) There've been a bunch of Pern-y things going on, so I don't think you'll have a hard time finding a clutch.
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Thanks guys. I'm really glad to be back and equally glad that I'm among friends. Things have been tough, but it's better now. It's also going to be a nice distraction from the everyday. I'm going to try and get a quick couple of candidates done, but I need to find a webhost for them.
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

Welcome back! I remember Aneris Weyr and I'm looking forward to its triumphant return! It's great that life is settling down a little for you finally!
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Thanks, Neishai. I think I'm going to house Aneris over at webs.com for now. I wonder if anyone has the missing images I need or perhaps someone managed to save my site?
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

I don't know if all the images are there, but it looks like reocities saved Aneris Weyr: http://www.reocities.com/anerisweyr/
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Thanks, Kitsuneko. That's how I managed to get the ones I have by following old links and such. Reocities only has my adult images. The other one oocities only has the adult white image.
erinnyes
Egg

Post by erinnyes »

Welcome back! :D Glad to see you! Sorry, I can't help you out much with the images, but I will definitely keep my eyes open for them!
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Welcome back! I've found some of your hatchling and weyrling images by doing wayback machine and Reocities digging, and I'll get them to you ASAP. :) Going to go hunting for the rest - I'm pretty sure I can get them all by some means. I'm an expert at archive-searching XP
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Thanks, Star. *hugs* I have all of them but the weyrling and hatchling images for both shades of gold and the darkest shade of green.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Those are the ones I'm having troubles finding. I did manage to get the rest, too XP I'll keep the search up last night.

[EDIT] Green hatchling/weyrling and gold hatchlings get!

No weyrlings for the golds yet, but this is a start!
Molly
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

OMG, You are so awesome, Starburst. You found them. *HUGS* Thank you! I'm thinking about having a clutch at Aneris soon. I haven't run one in so long, and I'm so enjoying writing up candidates for others. Would anyone be interested in a flight? I still need to get the webpage rebuilt but right now it's at http://anerisweyr.webs.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Oh, pretty images ^^ It's been a long time since I've honestly written a pern candidate... would I have to? =P Traditional was never my true love
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

I do prefer traditional, but humanoid of any sort would be acceptable. :)
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Hmm... we'll see. Seeing as I've managed to write all of one story in the past.. year and a half, your chances of getting a story out of me are a bit slim *snark* I'll likely try, though.
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

I can always donate dragons (including golds), male or female, for flights if you want them, and I'll definitely send candidates. :D
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

I also have oodles of dragons that can participate in flights and would love to send you some candidates (assuming I find the time to write them). Things are pretty slow around here of late so a long deadline is likely a must.
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Thanks guys. :) I'll figure everything out in due time. First, I should rebuild the site. I'm not sure if I'll be transferring everything or not. I'll probably just start with the essential. It's a bit imidating to think that I have to redo everything, but that may be what Aneris needs most.
erinnyes
Egg

Post by erinnyes »

I would definitely send you a Candidate or two. ;) I'm on a bit of a Pern kick right now!
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

I'll definitely send someone(s) in. Perhaps not the first clutch or two, but there's always the future to look forward to!

Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Excellent. Thanks guys. It will have to wait until I get my computer back, so I can work on the graphics and pages. Stories I can write on this one, but I can't work on the graphics. I'm not sure I want to use the old graphics that Weyrwoman Bretta was so kind to make for me when Aneris moved to geocities. I'm thinking perhaps we need a brand new start all together though of course since I can't draw, I will keep my images that Weyrwoman Falora of Talor Cliff made for me. Is anyone using web forms anymore or do you pretty much just have things emailed or posted here?
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Emailed or posted here, generally. I doubt anyone is opposed to web forms, though!
Character Listing
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

I wouldn't be opposed to forms. I just need to know which you prefer to use so I don't step on any toes! :)

weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

My toes are pretty small so they're hard to step on. *smile*

I think we'll stick to posting or email. I'm not sure webs will support forms, and I don't really have access to the old Aneris mailing list either. I'll probably try to keep most of it here for streamlining purposes. I like things... tidy. :)
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

I'm not sure we'll be able to recover those gold weyrling images :( I've looked all around and there's not much else I think can be done. You do have all the hatchlings and adults, though, which is awesome, and I adore those images. Talor Cliff was before even my time but I remember loving Falora's images XD
Molly
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Thanks, Starburst. You gave it a valiant effort. I thought I had them all saved on my external only to find I had just the adult images thus the search for the missing ones. They are awesome images, and Falora was really kind to make them for me. Does anyone do three stage growth anymore? If not, we may just go hatchling to adult. Also, do people do more stat sheet type candidates or are story candidates still the norm? LOL I'm so out of touch.
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Most of us are really busy nowadays so single stage and stats candidates dominate. I know I certainly don't have the time to write 10,000 word stories for each candidate like I did in high school! That said, it might be nice to mix it up and have someone stick to the traditional style.
Character Listing
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

My new ones do three-stage growth, actually! XD I'm really wanting to find those darn images, now. It's driving me absolutely insane and I'm thinking there -has- to be a way to get them back somehow, but I'm not so sure if my optimistic side is right.

If I ever do find anything, by all means I'll tell you. (In the meantime, maybe some clutches without queens will serve well!)
Molly