Old-Fashioned Old World Giveaway

Giveaways or draws, contests or freebies, this is where to go for critters being given out in a non-clutch format.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Re: Old-Fashioned Old World Giveaway

Post by StarFyre »

I see the dragon images o.o
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

I see them too!
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Wow, okay. I'm on a school computer right now and the images are working fine. I guess it's something with my home computer? o_0 weird.
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Maybe it's pulling a cached version of the page, thus the reason the image isn't working?
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I see them too. Just one thing: Lol, H'ris's icon. XD THAT GUY!
erinnyes
Egg

Post by erinnyes »

That is weird... I'm just glad I don't have to move all those images to Photobucket. XD Changing pic links for over 80+ riders = not fun. Let me know if I can try anything that will help, Kistuneko? :)

And yeah Dray, he makes me LOL. XD Kitsuneko actually wrote his description to have "wild hair" and I've been dying to use that particular hairstyle on the facemaker site. ;) He's supposed to look jolly but I think I might have inadvertently made him look insane.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

It's a harmless kind of insane, really!
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Well, it's working fine in Internet Explorer, so apparently it's something with my Mozilla. I'm gonna try updating to the latest version and see if that helps. In the meantime, dragons! I'm at school most of the day this week, so any other requests will be a while in being fulfilled, but they will be finished!

Erinnyes!

Name: Eristh
Race: Pernese Dragon
Color: Green
Size: 21' long
Parents: Gold Yuneth x Brown-Bronze Halth
Abilities: Telepathy, Teleportation, Assisted Firebreath
Personality: Bitter and jaded, Eristh is a loner and misanthropist. She'd never consider talking to any human who is not her rider, and she considers most dragons not worth conversing with as well. She is extremely intelligent and quite conceited about the fact.
Bond: Elly

Name: Elly
Race: Human
Appearance: Average in height and build, she has deeply tanned skin. Her hair is messy and long, reaching to her shoulderblades, and is a dirty brown-blonde color. She has large, sea-green eyes.
Personality: Calm and easy-going--she practically has to be, to be bonded to Eristh. She isn't upset easily and has great patience for dealing with her bond. She daydreams a lot and may let the dragon's rants go right over her head, but she tends to miss other things going on as well. Despite the dreamy air about her, she is quite intelligent when she wants to be, easily a match for her bond.
Bond: Green Eristh

Name: Verideth
Size: 24' long
Parents: Green-White Numorth x Clouded Blue Codianth
Personality: Unlike most greens, Verideth loves children and has a decided maternal streak that extends to her rider and other humans. She wouldn't mind having a clutch of her own, but she knows she can be useful in other ways as well. Either way, she's a huge flirt who loves mating flights, and has a reputation as a bit of a ditz.
Bond: U'para

Name: U'para
Appearance: Small and skinny, he looks a lot younger than he really is. His skin is quite pale and his eyes are large and bright blue. He has curly, blond hair which is cut quite short.
Personality: A shy and nervous man who doesn't get out much, he's a bit of an introvert and is ackward around other people. He falls in love easily but tends to be clumsy when crushing; as a result, he rarely gets up the courage to actually tell them how he feels.
Bond: Green Verideth

Name: Bernaduth
Color: Blue
Size: 28' long
Parents: White Opazath x Blue Istyth
Personality: A clever and humorous dragon, he loves a good joke and doesn't mind being the butt of it occasionally. He's generally a charming and charismatic dragon despite that and is a huge flirt. He particularly favors fast greens who can match his wit.
Bond: Y'tan

Name: Y'tan
Appearance: Y'tan is tall and well-built, with dark brown skin. His hair is rather messy but very short, so only really shows a bit of a wave. He has narrow, deep gold eyes.
Personality: As clever and outgoing as his bond, Y'tan loves to meet new people--so he can steal the shirt off their back and everything else they own, generally. He is quite sly and rarely gets caught, though unfortunately his reputation is starting to precede him. He's a bit of a ladies' man as well, and doesn't like commitment.
Bond: Blue Bernaduth

Name: Cathineth
Size: 25' long
Parents: White Opazath x Blue Istyth
Personality: Genial and friendly, though somewhat quiet; Cathineth is certainly not shy, however. He is intensely curious, especially about dragons different than him, and is liable to start up a chat with whatever stranger comes to visit.
Bond: W'lor

Name: W'lor
Appearance: Average in height and somewhat thick, his skin is a creamy fair. His hair is rather long, to his upper back, and usually tied back in a braid. It's thick and pitch black in color. His eyes, on the other hand, are a very pale grey.
Personality: Quiet but observant, W'lor isn't outgoing and prefers to stick to the shadows. He likes to watch people and their mannerisms, and is good at not getting caught doing so. He's more intelligent than he seems and more ambitious as well; he's likely to surprise people.
Bond: Blue Cathineth

Name: Klouseth
Size: 22' long
Parents: Gold Jhajerth x Bronze Argaeth
Personality: She has a great love for music and enjoys listening to her rider sing. She's also pushy and stubborn to a fault--she means well, but she is totally convinced that she is right and there's nothing you can do to change her mind.
Bond: Terina

Name: Terina
Appearance: Short and rather pudgy, she's pretty plain in appearance. She has pale skin and small, brown eyes. Her hair is a deep coppery red, hanging in loose curls down to her waist.
Personality: A harper with a lovely singing voice, though she'll never quite believe it for herself. She has chronic low self-esteem and constantly lets herself be taken advantage of. She is very eager to please and tries her best to do everything she's told and more. She has a big heart and loves to help people.
Bond: Green Klouseth
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Omniwite
Fledgling

Post by Omniwite »

Gah, I love all the markings and variations you've done with all of these! o:

Your Name: Omniwite
How many dragons would you like?: FIFTY BAJILLION Um... 5 sounds good.
Any particular colors you'd like?: I like colors. P: (No particulars)
Do you want rider information included with them?: Sure!
Any other preferences?: Riders can be anything, I'm not picky. XD As long as they can take care of a dragon, it's all good. I like surprises and randomization!

*form is fail, lawl* >w>;

No rush, obviously. Hopefully I can also fling some stats characters at you as well! I need some more... normal-colored dragons, it seems. XD Hope you have fun with them!
Kérouge Main | Kérouge on Lyria | The Haven of Light | Talon Cattery

Links currently being updated, bear with me as I get everything back online! :3
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Paged dragons ahoy! (Their bonds are all linked from the dragons' pages, and on a side note Gretchan and Bahdri are totally best friends. Awesome story fodder there. XD)

Erdath: http://www.mysticalplace.com/Starfall/R ... rdath.html
Fahirnurth: http://www.mysticalplace.com/Starfall/R ... nurth.html
Mineath: http://www.mysticalplace.com/Starfall/R ... neath.html
Murdocth: http://www.mysticalplace.com/Starfall/R ... docth.html
Shaineth: http://www.mysticalplace.com/Starfall/R ... ineth.html
Yuiparth: http://www.mysticalplace.com/Starfall/R ... parth.html

And I will ask for one more, I think. At least for now. Goodness these giveaways are addictive!

Your Name: Starburst
How many dragons would you like?: 1
Any particular colors you'd like?: A rare. I have this obsession with Pernese sports/rares/other weirdos.
Do you want rider information included with them?: Yeah, I think so.
Any other preferences?: A human rider, if possible.

If a rare isn't possible I'd be happy to have like... a green or blue or something else pretty. XD
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Ok I can't just sit by and watch the awesome without taking more!

Your Name: Delyar
How many dragons would you like?: 5
Any particular colors you'd like?: I'm not picky.
Do you want rider information included with them?: Please, I really like what you've been doing with these.
Any other preferences?: Cross me some genders (don't have to do so for all 5). :)
Character Listing
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I think that Kitsuneko-giveaways are my favourite kind, ever. This has been giving me incentive: for every of my own dragons that I need to repage, I'll ask for another one from Kitsuneko, and page 'em in tandem. It's been a great goal and I think I've paged more this way than I have in months. XD

Speaking of which, Halluith is up! Delyar, are you keeping clutch charts? I'm going to have to go back to see which all siblings have been paged, I think, but if you will happen to have them up, I'd love to borrow them for a quick link-up!

Your Name: Dray
How many dragons would you like?: 1
Any particular colors you'd like?: bronze or green
Do you want rider information included with them?: Yes please!
Any other preferences?: Would you be interested in doing another rider-offspring from Darkling Dawn? If not, that's okay! I just have adored those characters quite a lot. X3
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

I believe Kitsuneko said she was keeping track of them so I didn't bother.
Character Listing
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

^_^
I think I need to try something like that. Every so often, I'll repage a few of my own, but I always lose steam after a day or two.

Omniwite!

Name: Neriath
Size: 24' long
Parents: Gold Mirheth x Bronze Atreyuth
Personality: Pretty large and bulky for one of his color, he is proud of his strength and endurance and likes to show off. He is snappy and quick to anger--the wrong comment can set him off and he is easy to offend. He chases often, usually greens or smaller dragonesses, but he'll occasionally be bold enough to try to catch a medium-sized sport.
Bond: F'herin

Name: F'herin
Appearance: Short and a bit pudgy, his skin is naturally a very pale color that burns easily. His hair is longish and quite wavy, dark red in color, and he has narrow, blue-grey eyes.
Personality: Lazy and carefree, F'herin hates work and tries to get out of any duties he is assigned. Oddly, though, he is also selfless and very self-sacrificing in helping others. He can be charming and pleasant when he wants to be, but he's really more of a loner and is happy with just Neriath for company.
Bond: Green Neriath

Name: Nimeath
Size: 23' long
Parents: Green Naith x Blue Onoeth
Personality: Bubbly and cheerful, Nimeath loves to talk, and she'll never shut up. She's extremely nosy and constantly butting into other people's business, no matter how often she's scolded. She is kind, though, and friendly.
Bond: Elari

Name: Elari
Appearance: Very, very short at five feet even, she has dainty proportions and pale skin. Her hair is a lovely, deep red in intricate braids that hang to her waist, and her eyes are purple-blue.
Personality: Though she seems like a normal girl, Elari is a skilled mage with a tendency to flood rooms when she gets upset enough. Fortunately, such incidents are rare, as she generally has a good temper, not to mention Nimeath to talk to her before things get rough. She's always been a bit shy and lonely, though, with few friends.
Bond: Green Nimeath

Name: Hujath
Size: 29' long
Parents: Gold Yuneth x Brown Ujanforth
Personality: Intensely curious and eager to learn, Hujath is extremely intelligent and usually fooling around with at least one experiment. They are rarely pleasant ones, however; he has a clear vicious streak and doesn't mind using live animals, or playing with people's heads just to see their reactions as part of one of his "studies."
Bond: Tikur

Name: Tikur
Appearance: Small and thin, he blends into a crowd without even trying and is virtually unrecognizable. He has fair skin, forgettable brown eyes, and plain, short brown hair.
Personality: Tikur is the Igor to Hujath's Mad Scientist--he'll do all the tricky work that requires opposable thumbs to carry out the dragon's experiments without a word of warning or complaint. Mostly, he is a quiet, unassuming, and faintly creepy man.
Bond: Blue Hujath

Name: Drakuth
Size: 26' long
Parents: Gold Yuneth x Brown Ujanforth
Personality: Intelligent and silver-tongued, Drakuth is extremely charismatic and gentlemanly in his manners, always calm and polite and respectful towards people. He is rather secretive though as well, and is definitely a loner, despite having many admirers.
Bond: U'rik

Name: U'rik
Appearance: Tall and thin, with pale skin and reddish-brown eyes. His hair is short and neat, pitch black in color.
Personality: Cheerful and outgoing, he enjoys being around people and quickly gets bored and jittery when left by himself. He is charming and a pretty big flirt, though the objects of his affection rarely hold his attention for long. He is rather bookish as well and has a great love of knowledge of any kind.
Bond: Blue Drakuth

Name: Jessyath
Size: 22' long
Parents: Gold Jhajerth x Bronze Argaeth
Personality: Generally introverted and solitary, she does enjoy the company of close friends; she just doesn't make many of them and has little interest in talking to strangers. She has a short attention span and gets confused easily.
Bond: Ramos

Name: Ramos
Race: Tiger-Shifter
Appearance: Very tall and muscular, he's rather intimidating to look at. He has light brown skin and black, straight hair cut pretty short. His eyes are deep brown. He shifts into a large tiger with golden-orange fur and dark stripes.
Personality: Ramos is calm and sensible, never letting himself become upset or lose his temper. He is a quiet guy and rarely talks; he doesn't really see the point in conversation, most of the time. He's not particularly friendly, and mainly just looks out for himself and Jessyath. His shifting ability is not natural to him; it requires a tiger-pelt he recieved as a gift.
Bond: Green Jessyath
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

And Double-post. I think as I start to actually fill up some of the available clutches, I'll start working on the charts at Darkling Dawn.

Starburst!

Name: Pyrieth
Color: Green-Brown
Size: 27' long
Parents: Green Ashith x Blue Garrath
Personality: Aggressive and tempremental, she is not the easiest person to get along with, but she is surprisingly gentle around children. She's a fairly stereotypical green: flirty--especially with bronzes--and not too bright, with a poor memory. However, she is also steadfast and loyal, with a curious charisma that tends to make others listen to her.
Bond: Yandhi

Name: Yandhi
Appearance: Tall and too thin and gangly to be really attractive, Yandhi has dark brown skin and black hair that tends to curl. It's cut rather short, though, around her ears. Her eyes are hazel-green.
Personality: Cold and withdrawn around most people, Yandhi is known as something of an ice queen and few people bother to crack her stony exterior. She is very kind and generous once you get to know her, though, and she is a peaceful person who does not like confrontation.
Bond: Green-Brown Pyrieth
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I love the idea of these being on the actual clutch records list over at Darkling Dawn. XD "Surprise! Some clutches happened that weren't there before!"
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

If I were *really* ambitious I'd include all the clutches from the Random Dragon giveaway and whatnot...I don't think so. XP
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

One step at a time, let's not get hasty. XD
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

A bit random, but speaking of clutch charts, does anyone else ever get the urge to go through really old stuff now and see how many dragons have gone poof? >.> I'm a bit afraid to look at mine.

And thank you, she's perfect! Will page shortly~
Molly
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I just did that with some of my old Star City clutches. Not surprising, but kind of sad, too. I guess that's why I'm so obssessive about repaging things... I keep worrying that my other sites will go down for good. D:
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

It seems like a lot of effort to go through all those clutches just to be sad!

I've been reformatting all my pedigrees lately and it's rather tempting to not even bother to link parents/kids/offspring that I don't have because keeping those links current is extremely time consuming.
Character Listing
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I tend to drop the links from the ones that aren't active and that I know haven't been on the lurk around the Nexus, but keep the names. With Reocities it's pretty helpful, and I know Kayla, Aireona, and JKat's new sites transferred over without changing the file names, so that's handy, too!
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Dray wrote:I just did that with some of my old Star City clutches. Not surprising, but kind of sad, too. I guess that's why I'm so obssessive about repaging things... I keep worrying that my other sites will go down for good. D:
I confess I poked around in the old SCD clutches and did the same thing... then coveted all the abandoned ones >___> I'm horrible. I think a lot of the old ones from my clutches went AWOL somewhere in there, too.

And just so I'm not totally off-topic, Pyrieth's up! http://www.mysticalplace.com/Starfall/R ... rieth.html
Molly
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

If I still had the images for Star City, I'd offer them up for dibs again, but alas I lost them several computer transfers ago! They've mostly all gone between, unfortunately!
Omniwite
Fledgling

Post by Omniwite »

Goodness, they are all so lovely! And the personalities given to them all really give me ideas for stories to write for them! XD Awesome, thank you! I'll get them all paged as soon as I can!

It definitely is sad to see so many broken links in records pages. Unfortunately you can't expect everyone to stick around, or keep their pages up. I know I had a bunch of broken links in my dragons' lineage, so I took all the links down to search for them later. But who knows, maybe some of the older community members will come back again? :D There have been a few oldies come back recently as it was, it'd be awesome to see that trend continue. *too optimistic, dang nabbit*
Kérouge Main | Kérouge on Lyria | The Haven of Light | Talon Cattery

Links currently being updated, bear with me as I get everything back online! :3
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

And it looks like the first clutch to be completely claimed is Naith's. (Not surprising, there were only five eggs.)

Delyar!

Name: Shirtulith
Size: 23' long
Parents: Gold Mirheth x Bronze Kilanth
Personality: Shirtulith is strange, and for more than just his color. He is paranoid to the extreme, always wary that "They" are listening in or controlling other people, not that he'll ever explain exactly who "They" are. He gets aggressive in the face of skepticism and is not a very popular dragon.
Bond: N''uorn

Name: N'uorn
Appearance: Extremely tall and thick-limbed, N'uorn seems like a hulking beast, but he's surprisingly light on his feet. He has light brown skin and sun-bleached dirt-blond hair. It's light and fluffy and cut just to his ears. His eyes are a bluish-grey.
Personality: Infintely more sensible and mild-mannered than his bond, N'uorn puts up with Shirtulith's paranoia with admirable good cheer and abundant patience. He is athletic and outgoing, making friends easily and occasionally trying to make a few for Shirtulith as well, not that the green usually appreciates the effort.
Bond: Green Shirtulith

Name: Charsath
Size: 25' long
Parents: Green Yalirienth x Blue Tanauth
Personality: Indifferent at best and mean-spirited at worst, Charsath is not an easy dragon get along with, and he doesn't hesitate to be blunt or cruel. He likes children, though they rarely like him--he tends to make them cry even if he doesn't mean to. Unfortunately, he's also very sensitive and talented at finding those who will Impress.
Bond: Prosertine

Name: Prosertine
Appearance: Pretty much average in height and not much slimmer than most, she's a plain-looking girl. She has long, pony-tailed hair that is light brown and very pale skin. Her eyes are slightly slanted and blue-green.
Personality: Meticulous in her tasks and down-to-earth in her manner, Prosertine is well-liked by most people but not all that outgoing. She is competent and a hard-worker, though she's not all that great at being the leader in a group and prefers to follow orders. She has a particular long-time love of archery.
Bond: Blue Charsath

Name: Juneth
Size: 26' long
Personality: He is a loner and indifferent towards most dragons, with one exception--he is easily smitten by golds and likes to hang around them, even flirt if he's feeling brave. Unfortunately for him, he's far too small to endure a flight. He has a mild rebellious streak and sometimes decides to arbitrarily ignore directions in order to "stick it to The Man."
Bond: T'tos

Name: T'tos
Appearance: Large and stockily built, he has a few scars from scuffles and a nose that's been broken at least once. His hair is light brown, very long (below his waist), and usually braided. In addition, he has round eyes that are a hazelly grey-green color.
Personality: Snarky and quick to anger, T'tos is proud of his hair and liable to deck anyone who gives him trouble for it. He is not all that outgoing and does not like to travel--he's quite comfortable right where he is, thank you very much, in comfortable surroundings.
Bond: Blue Juneth

Name: Gigyath
Color: Sunset
Size: 33' long
Personality: Quiet and somewhat reclusive, he is not particularly fond of humans and will talk only to his rider. He enjoys traveling and going on adventures; he is a very bold and courageous dragon. While he enjoys the occasional flirt or flight, he'd prefer a devoted mate.
Bond: F'rehj

Name: F'rehj
Appearance: Pretty average in build and only slightly taller than most, F'rehj has a handsome face that tends to draw attention. His skin is tanned and his eyes are a striking moss green. He has wavy, dark brown hair that brushes the back of his neck.
Personality: Friendly and talkative, F'rehj enjoys the company of other people (particularly single people), but he likes having some time to himself as well. He is intelligent but is not a big reader and gets bored quite easily. He is an active person and has a stubborn streak as well.
Bond: Sunset Gigyath

Name: Striapoth
Color: Brown
Size: 34' long
Parents: Green Sharmieth x Blue Kjoreth
Personality: Cynical and sarcastic, he is a pessimist but not cruel. He still tends to be alone, as his gloomy outlook is infectious and drives people away. He is surprisingly perceptive with others, able to say whatever they need to feel better--he just never sees the need to do so.
Bond: H'leir

Name: H'leir
Appearance: Short and slender, almost skinny, he has dark skin and green-flecked brown eyes. He is young enough yet that he can't really grow a full beard, though he tries anyway. His hair is dark brown and very curly, reaching to the nape of his neck at the most.
Personality: Not very studious and a rather slow learner, in fact, H'leir is in general a slow and ponderous sort of person. He is rather dreamy and liable to doze off, but he has a few very narrow areas of interest and is good at following orders.
Bond: Brown Striapoth

Dray! Reocities links for now; I don't think either of his parents are paged yet.

Name: Morbanouth
Color: Bronze
Size: 38' long
Parents: Gold Vakantath x Bronze Penlth
Personality: Apathetic towards most people, this bronze has a few friends he values and everyone else can go hang. He's a laid-back dragon and observant, enjoying watching other people even if he doesn't talk to them. He'll chase the occasional stuck up gold, but he tends to prefer the humbler green dragonesses in flights.
Bond: C'kel

Name: C'kel
Parents: Bluerider C'ys x Bronzerider Kelane
Appearance: Pretty tall and well-built, C'kel has deeply tanned skin and light blue eyes. He also has his mother's golden-blond hair, though it curls a lot and is cut pretty short.
Personality: C'kel is outgoing and makes friends easily, particularly among dragons. In particular, he has admired his mother's bronze Ildeth from a young age and early on resolved to bond a bronze as much like him as possible. He is at heart a gentle and genuinely nice guy.
Bond: Bronze Morbanouth
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

(side comment) Ffffff that sunset is so pretty! Congrats Delyar! XD
Molly
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

For those of you wanting clutch charts, here they are, so you know exactly how many dragons are left: http://darklingdawn.freehostia.com/OFOBclutch.html
Yes, there's that many. I suspect this'll become like Shard's Alabastor/Blackstone giveaway; perpetually open, just come in and claim a few when you want 'em.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Wow, you really weren't kidding when you said that there weren't that many rares! :D At least the number of low rankers that you have to give away has been complying with how many low rankers I'm trying to get to keep proportions correct!