I'm alive! And so is the Nexus!

Going to be gone for a long time? Just got back from a trip? Keep us in the know here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Omniwite
Fledgling

Re: I'm alive! And so is the Nexus!

Post by Omniwite »

Glad I've been able to help some! You can still find a lot of info online (sometimes if one looks reeeeeally hard), but I still hope all that info is still backed up on the old computer and disks. I hope we don't HAVE to get a new zip drive... @.x;

I'll keep helping where I can! :3 I keep stumbling across pages here and there. Huzzah! Reocities, Oocities, and some of it is also on Geocities.ws I've found. Sometimes only if I find old hatching and records pages from the agencies, strangely enough.

Included in an image? o:
Kérouge Main | Kérouge on Lyria | The Haven of Light | Talon Cattery

Links currently being updated, bear with me as I get everything back online! :3
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

Well, the battery on my old laptop seems to be charged. I forgot how tiny (dimensions wise) it is! xD My newer laptops are about twice the size... D< So when I get some freetime I'll be firing the baby up. As far as a Zip drive goes, I'm glad they're supposed to be viewable by up to Windows XP. I do have access to that OS (and of course this old laptop has 98 too if all else fails) so if I can find one for cheap I'm going for it. :3
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

Small update from me (should I move this to a the Updates subforum? lol!). And a question...

No news on the zip drive issue. I literally missed a used one by three hours the other day. e.e;

Good news: I fired up my ollllld laptop and it has lots of dragon stuff I was missing (including the daemon I mentioned before, and ALL of my Enzan Shi/Firey Fall Festival Frenzy dragons! Yay! I was so glad to see my banana-dragon). Also, the whole website is rather small, about 50MB (it's slow and decrepit so this is good news)
Bad news: It doesn't read my jump drive. Its CDburner is external and slow. Its web service is dialup and we have disowned AOL. Not sure how to connect that to the Net, if it's even possible. xD;
Conclusion: Extracting all of this will be a time-consuming and patience-trying process.

Bad news: I know I am still missing dragons (two from Serpent's Reach, off the top of my head) and the majority of my wolfkeep. I do not know what to do with the "riders" yet.

I know that a lot of you guys have considered just offing, retiring, or otherwise setting aside old unpaged characters. I'm sure as agency owners, you're not going to get overly upset if one or two from your clutches (whom you have listed in geneological archives) go missing.

For now I'm planning to let them (and the stuff on my laptop/zip disks) go, until everything else is organized, paged, and re-written as the case may be. Then I'll tackle the issue.

If they're important to a story though (like my wolfkeep!), I'm wondering if you guys will mind if I just... re-draw them? Or something? I mentioned that briefly before, but now I'm seriously considering it. How do you feel about that? It's your art that I tried for, lost, and am now trying to replace. (I mean, it's like fan art, really, but still.) I don't want to step on any toes.

Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

If the original image belonged to someone who's still around, there's always a chance that they have the image saved, or a similar enough template that they could whip out a new image for you! :3 I'm not bothered either way, not sure how many of my images you had, though!
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

I don't mind if you redraw any of mine. I'm not sure how common it is but Yakima did redraw my lost Eriol Backwards Frenzy dragons.
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

That option had crossed my mind (and the re-drawing on my part was a 'verbal' brainstorm). I was thinking of pestering individuals about it when it comes up. I know everyone's been wrestling with the "where are my files" issue, so it was low-ish priority. Maybe it was a little early to inquire. I just have all these ideas and questions and frustrations flopping around in my head right now. :)

I think Yakima in particular I was worried about bothering about it because all but two of my wolves came from her winged wolf frenzy way back when. I'm still hoping they are on my old zip disks but I just don't know.

Delyar, did she really? Oddly enough I thought I was missing mine from the Backwards Frenzy but they're all on my old laptop. (When I page them, they might be hatchlings for a while yet, but I do have them.)

Dray, as far as your images go, I think I have all from you (including a gifty or two I had forgotten about), except perhaps some of the BWR dragons. I found several though, which makes me very happy. (Oddly, some exist only online at this point, which is a symptom of the dead HD problem.) I found Jemyki and Dire Nightspark (thank god for flaming skull fluffballs and snakey dragons) and I even found some of my dragons with cyborware.

Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

My older templates are kind of hit or miss, but feel free to ask me if you need one from me. I have surprised people in the past. :D That said, I don't mind if you choose to redraw any of mine. That's generally what I do when a Weyr or artist disappears and leaves me with a hatchling/weyrling.
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

Thank you! You may hear from me.

Images I have... I received one of your wolves, but that one is saved (yay!) and was paged at some point. I also have a... giveway? I think? that was hosted on this board. I have the image and info but I don't think the dragon was ever paged. My info says that it was from "Gen 5" back in 2006 (so long ago!), one of the parents was Lear, owned by Kless. The dragon's name was Shyirak, bonded to a human named Anyck. If they were ever rehomed, I'd like to know.

Also, I remember something about abandoned dragons years ago, I wanted to adopt one or two but I don't remember anything else. Did I try for any, receive, or page? I can't tell you right now because I haven't found anything more. But I will let you know if I find out. :)

edit:

Oh! Rukels! I also have lots of rukels.

Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

*cracks fingers* after a bit of digging, I managed to track down Shyirak. His information is on the sixth page of the original giveaway thread: http://nexusdragons.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=150

Interestingly, though several of the other unpaged dragons were readopted out later, Shyirak was notably absent from that list, which makes me think you must have asked for an extension at some point. And when I give extensions, I guess they really do last forever! :D

As to abandoned dragons, you did send in a form for a couple of Darkling Dawn's abandonees, but I'm pretty sure they were never paged. They're the ones who are still listed as taken on the abandoned page, because I'm lazy and never clean out my lists. XP So, if you still want them, I guess you can repage them? I presumably still have their images stashed away somewhere, as I make a point to not delete them until they've been paged.

Rukels: Another thing I have to update, since I actually took the last few eggs from the latest clutch for myself. I probably don't have any older images still, but while I'm drawing up a new clutch, I can probably redraw a few if you want.
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

If you let me know which BWR dragons you're missing, I have all but the first two clutches-worth of images stashed away. They're one of the few that I kept close tabs on so that shouldn't be an issue!
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

Kitsuneko~
Shyirak is such a lovely Blue! I remember asking for an extension, but I don't think he was ever paged. I agree, I probably did not page those abandoned dragons either. At this time, I haven't found their images either. However, if you don't mind letting me take them (still!) I am working on a short story for them. I'll also post up their stats.

I'm working on getting my site re-organized and placed online (I finally have a landing page and one for the caer at least). However, I don't see why I can't put these kinds of pages up in the meantime. I'll just play with CSS and pretty stuff later.

I think I have images for all my rukels. As far as I know, I had a pretty red one from a birthday gift one year, and a set of mythology-inspired ones. I'd still like to page them too.

Dray~
All right, I'll let you know what's what with the BWR dragons as soon as I know. There are so many pages to go through! :)

Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

That's fine. Mentia's image: Image

I believe Jerhaith was just a regular blue of the set 2 images, so take your pick: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/ ... rkblue.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/ ... n_blue.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/ ... htblue.gif
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Take your time, no big rush!