Timeline Project

For databases, charts, and FAQs, but don't forget to regularly back things up to your own files!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

delyar
Dragon

Timeline Project

Post by delyar »

Hey folks, I was wondering if any others would be interested in participating in a massive timeline project.

Basically, the idea is to try to come up with a cross-linkage of individual agency timelines into something that we can all reference back to. Something like a big spreadsheet where we can convert from one agency to another in time and know how old our dragons are, roughly when certain things happened and so on. Ideally we'd end up deciding on a "year 0" for Nexus Time and use that as a metric for comparison.

As an example of what I'm talking about, check out my cross-linking timeline spreadsheet on google docs. I apologize for the ESD-centric view, that'll change if we agree on a certain point as Year 0 in Nexus Time.

Awesome things that could come from this:
- Know how old your dragons are at any point in time!
- No more wondering if dragon X is old enough to fly dragon Y at agency Z, just check the sheet!
- Streamline the ages of your characters with what's going on in the universe!
- Awesome nerdy charts!

If you want to help out, feel free to suggest changes/additions to the document. I didn't make it editable by everyone because that could quickly become a headache if we keep editing over each other or if one person is operating from a vastly different timeline. I'm sure there's a way for me to add people as editors later on should we need to.

The general trend so far is that things that happened c. 2003-2006 are largely clustered together in the ESD -5 to 10 range. More recent things (c. 2010-2011) have been happening 10-20 years after that. For example, Dray's Nidus Corona giveaways have been happening in ESD 19-28. If we can keep to this general trend, that'd be awesomely useful. (Yakima, I know Falas is a bit of an odd case because of the time jump, but I assume the 11th Pass would line up somewhere along this spectrum depending on cross-agency happenings.)

As a more specific task: When is the Nexus Colonization happening?

Please let me know if I have something wrong - I am totally open to changing things around and want this to be useful to everyone.
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
Dray
Dracolich

Re: Timeline Project

Post by Dray »

I got sidetracked with Nidus stuff and working on a DA group revival and didn't get started on the colony game that I had had planned. D: Apologies! I'll look back into it to see what I need to catch up on, and what I need to prepare in order to launch that first chunk for RP/game stuff.

I have a vague timeline for BWR dragons as well, though I think they're going to wind up being really long apart, since it's almost one hundred years from the first clutch to the most recent one. XD The rest seems okay to me, but I'd need to double-check with Phe because Gavin was pretty much where Star City had its rock for time-non-shenanigans.
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Haha I didn't mean that to be a poke to you, I meant when in the timeline sense. :)
Character Listing
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Ah! I think that giving it a couple more years from your present would probably be the best? Enough time to give me a bit to get things rolling, at least! XD
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

I don't really have a designated present right now. Would around Nidus Corona 11 or 12 work?

(Man I'm going to have to go back and redo my whole team - Charashien will be 30!)
Character Listing