No votes
Other option?
No votes

Total votes: 4

StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Stickies

Post by StarFyre »

It's late, I'm grumpy, and I've decided that cleaning is "fun" (aka, I'm moving to a new machine and need to make my filesystem sane before doing so).

Which results in this - if you want to make a post highlighting your templates (for easy pointing-towards in the inevitable times when someone asks "What do you have that I can choose from?"), point me towards it and I'll sticky it.

Or maybe I should make a subforum just for example-threads? What's y'all's opinion on this?
Dray
Dracolich

Re: Stickies

Post by Dray »

Is this for birthdays or in general? Mine tend to vary with some frequency. XD I think the best option for me would be to have a post that I can edit from time to time as new things come up and old things get the axe... so, maybe a sticky thread?
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

I think a subforum would be nice, but I'm sure that either way would work. :)
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Make a "image templates" subforum with sticky threads for each artist to include current available templates.

That way we can create other threads if we're looking for feedback on a particular set without crowding the sticky and the sticky remains short and manageable.
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

... Delyar makes a good point.

Dray: The use of the sticky would be entirely up to you. I'm not talking about making a "locked" sticky that says "YOU MUST HAVE THESE TEMPLATES!! RRRAAWR". Personally, I've been using my template thread that I made sticky to remind me of racial names for some of these creatures that have such inspiring filenames as "adult_featherwing" and "mischievous" =P
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oh man, now this obliges me to actually go through and tidy up my template psd's.

D8 Seriously hazardous pastime, I'm pretty sure.

eta: though I love the little egg change you made for the sub-forum! :D
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I've found some incredible "oneshot" images or un-outlined scans in the process of consolidating my images into one series of folders. Like the dragon I did for Samber's birthday years ago, or the gargoyle template that was supposed to go along with the Vayamir, or something that I titled "Crystal Myrsilk", a series of hatch-fledge-adult images that (though very simple in design) are kinda cool looking, a very, very spiky dragon-thing, some winged cats, a male and female "jeweled dragon", a skeleton dragon... things like that.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I had noticed your 'new clutch images' and was commenting to Kat that they were awesome! I know I had a whole bunch of not-scanned-in stuff that I think would have been fun to get around to, though I don't know how many half-done templates I have on my computer. >_>" Mostly just old BWR clutch things, I think!
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Omg it has a baby egg. I just noticed. That is so :3
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Yes ^^ Eggies can have baby-eggies, apparently =P It is rather adorable.

Dray: Wow, those 'new clutch images' are pretty old, seeing as I actually hatched Briski's clutches at long last. Maybe I'll post some of the sketches that I found soon, see if there's any interest.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Are they really? :O I must simply have missed seeing them at some point! D'oh!

I think it would be interesting to see another clutch or two open for mini-events or games... >_> they're kind of fun. :D
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

It was a while ago, that I recall.

I'm willing to do something small for writing bits. Any preferences? There's most-anything in my template thread, and these are some of the interesting finds that I (re)discovered while sorting files.

Or, you can make me do more art and ask for a cross from any of my upped dragons here.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Heh, asking you to do more might be a crime. Though... I really loved Kitsuneko's random dragon pairings, but since she's been so busy, if I could incite you to do the same... mua ha haha. As for the newer images, I'm not sure what a good game would be on this forum, but anything inspiring little written blurbs would be fun. Your Fukulra/Drakkar images are actually kind of nice. I remember that Drakiera also had an element-based species where combining the basics would get more and more complex variations on a theme -- so did Unyko, though less with elements and more with werewolves and vampires, I think! I would absolutely adore seeing one of these systems in full swing. I'm not sure how best one would represent that, save... I don't know, if you had a time-lapse series of clutches? Or if you made most of the dragons NPC's? I don't know what their backstory is, but if there was a reason to strive for the most rare kind over time, rather than there being a gaggle of commons with a queen-egg-like rare, I'd love to see how that worked out.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I'd probably need to get more of my dragons paged before I really had a good pool to do random dragon pairings like you or Kitsu. *taps finger on lips* Hmmm. Yes, that's probably true.

I'd probably redraw the Fukulra image, as that was a ten minute concept sketch (though I'd probably keep the baby image that I drew, as that's adorable enough to not need redrawing). A time lapsed clutch, hmm..? .... Well, let me get the images prepped first! =P You deserve to have to write stuff for pretties too!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Not denying the writing in exchange for drawing thing. XD I can at least put my walk with my talk, I hope!