Winter Gather 2011 - Pickup Page Posted

Giveaways or draws, contests or freebies, this is where to go for critters being given out in a non-clutch format.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Xalia
Great Wyrm

Re: Winter Gather 2011

Post by Xalia »

Either would be fun, Dray! Personally I'd like the Wyld Hunt style more, but I agree, socialization gather would be more newbie friendly. :)

Just, if you're going to organize something, do it soon, please? When I go back to work next week I will probably start forgetting to log in here again... >.> :P
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I get back home on the 4th, so it will be at least that long. I need a bit of time to advertise as well. What's the latest that you can come on before work consumes again?

(And an RP is totally not necessary to get the dragons, of course! Just for fun!)
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Don't know if I'm going to be able to make an RP night (semester starts tomorrow and I get ridiculously busy) so I'll sit out this vote. I like the optional part of this very much.
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

I go back to work on the 9th so anytime before then would be good! :)
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

I'd be willing to try out an RP night. :3
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Okay, so there are not a tonne of leftovers after having divvied everything up. I am thinking that I may just refrain from advertising the Gather with great effort so that I can spend that time working on a half-decent RP night for you all. :3

The premise is an official Winter Gather at Nidus Descendi, which is my most traditional of the Niduses, much more like a mountain-side Weyr with its flights of wings and that business. The Prima has issued an invitation to other Nexiians that involves a day filled with winter sports (from sledding and sliding down cleared mountainsides to an aerial biathalon/melee mix, amongst gentler outdoor activities for both humanoids and dragons) and a constant barrage of hot drinks and snacks to sustain the day's activities. The evening has been declared a great winter dance, located in the huge courtyard near the base of the mountain. Any VIP visitors such as Nidus or Weyr leaders or diplomats are invited to a special dinner in which the Prima and her folks are happy to host with lavish presents, while other RP characters are free to enjoy some time socializing with one another. (Re: gather-style RP, in case y'all would like to try out some characters against one another. :3)

There may or may not be some complications, however.

More after I'm back home and have everything figured out!
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Sounds like fun! Now to decide who to send...random characters or leader-types...

Decisions are the worst! XD
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Xalia wrote:Sounds like fun! Now to decide who to send...random characters or leader-types...

Decisions are the worst! XD
Add in obsessive timeline usage and I'm at "leader types from oldtimes or leader types from newtimes or randoms from oldtimes or randoms from newtimes". Ahhh. Brainexplode.
Character Listing
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

My name is Dray and I approve of these obsessive compulsive behaviours!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Because you do it too =P Hmm, who to bring, who to bring....
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

I just wish I knew what time we were at "now" so I could better place the Gather... because if it lines up with the Nidus Corona timeline, the youngest of my founding leaders is ~50 years old now.
Character Listing
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Hmm, hadn't thought of that yet. That Nidus isn't up and running yet, but I'd consider it around Year 5 by comparison. (I'll have to make a note on their timeline when that's finally done!)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Nexus Winter Gather 2011 RP

Tentatively on the afternoon of the 8th -- this Sunday! I'm planning on having it open earlier in the afternoon for anyone who has to return to work or school the next morning. Sound good so far?

I have to do some paging of my Nidus Descendi leaders in case anyone wants to interact with 'em. In the meantime, consider it a meet-n-greet amongst one another's characters. :3
eccentricbirdie
Egg

Post by eccentricbirdie »

If it's not too late;

Your Name: Birdie
Your Contact: eccentricbirdie@gmail.com
Anything you specifically don't like?: Less fond of pets, but love anything.
Anything you do like specifically?: Love bright colors

Also, I was here a long time ago on the old forums, but it's been a while. >_<
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I remember you! No worries, there are still some left. :3
eccentricbirdie
Egg

Post by eccentricbirdie »

Woo!
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

What time, Dray? I'm going shopping with some friends on Sunday so I'm not sure if I can make it.
Character Listing
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

What time is best for you? I'm happy to move things around so everyone can pop by, even if it's just for a while!
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

I work until 6p tomorrow. *sadface* I'll try to pop in once I get off to see if anyone is still on though.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I will be on from beginning to end, and will, as in previous rps, save and post the log online.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Okay, sounds like we have a fairly wide spread of folks who will possibly be coming and going.

Would beginning at 4pm PST (-8 GMT) work for those of you who have things on the go today?

Also, out of curiosity, has anyone decided on characters to bring? I'm working on paging more of me Descendi characters, so having an idea of who is coming will help me to decide if I should be working through leader-types, random folks, etc. I'm also considering a set of mini-games: every 15 minutes rolling a die to see who comes out on top, or something like that. No stats involved, just a chance for characters to win some IC kudos. :P
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I'm considering bringing the Renos, though that may change to someone more serious depending on my mood when we finally get into it.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Half-hour warning!

Chat Room is Here!
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

((For those late to the game, here's the intro post for your info!))

The day of the winter gather was one that the Nidus had been looking forward to for weeks: the common hall that jutted out over the valley below was swept down of snow, magical barricades spun over it to keep the snow from settling -- a good move, considering that today the winds were bringing huge, cold flakes from the ungodly tall peaks of the mountain range to the East. Spiny, spruce-like trees felled were woven into decorations around the hall and around other common areas: glowing lights of a myriad colours hovered around head-levels of humans and dragons alike, tinsel and tiny berries and popped corn laced liberally for everyone to enjoy.

Further than that, the slopes that were dusted so liberally with white, powdery snow had been cleared for a variety of activities, most of them involving sliding on boards or slips of plastic. The lake, too, which had frozen over some months earlier, had been lit brightly around the perimeter, to allow for skating and frolicking.

Huge mountains of carefully packed snowballs had been run up by the children of the Nidus, though whether they'd be at all useful to draconic visitors was hard to say.

More than anything, though, the smell of a great feast being prepared had been tantalizing the members of Nidus Descendi for days, and everyone was looking forward to greeting visitors if only to begin the feast. Eggnog in epic proportions had been sitting in the cold, sweet and alcoholic, guarded by lower cavern-folk who had been sternly warning others away lest the batches brewed should be drunk prematurely. Roasted beasts and fowl were being brought out to long tables with all the dressings, and the Prima and her helpers were running around with last minute preparations.

When the first of the visitors began to arrive, however, they were directed (if flying) down onto the landing pad removed a short distance from the main hall. Those who had arrived on foot were brought up a long, winding path that had been cleared for smaller, two-footed Nidus folk. Regardless of how they arrived, vistors were given mugs (or tubs, depending on their size!) of hot chocolate, and the Prima, a woman of about thirty-five years with shockingly pale hair despite her relative youth, stepped forward to each and every one. "Welcome to Nidus Descendi," she greeted each visitor, or group of visitors. "I'm Mondriel, and these are my Optimas, Fara and Daha. Please, if you're hungry, there are snacks preparatory to the main feast. There are games and sports throughout the night that you need only sign up for, there, there and there." She pointed to several dragons ranged around the edges of the hall, each surrounded by local humanoids or dragons who wanted to participate. Mondriel grinned, "there will be prizes, of course, if you're the competitive sort." To those who represented the leaders of other Nexus cities, Weyrs or Niduses, she brought them aside with the promise to mingle.

Tonight was going to be one of merriment and good eating and drinking, the local members of the Nidus were intent upon it!

Current Competition
Snowball Fight!
The next competition is a simple snowball fight open to anyone Weyrling/Juvenile stage or under. Last kid standing! Entrants:
Felth
Anur-daii
Satiki neEikida-naCieyuni, buLliyani
Chigretle Chxalli

Completed Competitions
Sledding
1st Place Vallus Cerex
2nd Place: Raidako
3rd Place: Endless Chase
Last: Sunflame

Hockey Game
Winning Team: Red
Captains: Muriptidae Filidechiroptidae (in human form) and Keain Landwerlen
Support: Tartr and Kiye

Losing Team: Blue
Captains: Z'iveraugh Houten (in human form) and Mularaja
Support: Diri Lowchaser and Difiu'Nest
Last edited by JKatkina on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

(For any late joiners, this is also important!)

(To Everyone) The valley, already dark for the most part due to an early sunset, was now largely plunged into darkness save for the colourful glowing lights that limned the main hall and courtyard, the landing field, the valley's lake, and several snow-runs along the mountain's side. More lights, clear, bright white, lined walking paths around the Nidus, though the further out one looked, the hazier those lights got: it was snowing hard, now, and anyone who appeared would be surrounded by a veritable whirlwind of great flakes of snow.

(And the 7pm update!)
(To Everyone) It was lucky that most people were under the dome of magic now, as the snow was piling up so thick and fast around the outside of the barrier that it was a little alarming. The Prima and her assistants, taking a break from their greeting duties, pardoned themselves to double check with the watch-dragons along the heights. It would never do for anyone to get lost out there tonight, with such winds and such snow.
Dray
Dracolich

Re: Winter Gather 2011 - Pickup Page Posted

Post by Dray »

Pickup page has been posted here: http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/winter/2k11/ :D Thanks for participating and helping make it a successful year, folks!
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Wow! Such a huge variety, nice job everyone!

Sad I wasn't able to make it to the RP - sounds like it was fun. :)
Character Listing
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

In case you want some in character information, Gardava'in is a Rayllomian King. His backstory is on his page, but essentially he was gathering other Rayllomians and sympathetic followers, when a suspicious storm blew them into Nidus Descendi territory and blew his cover. He's separated his followers into groups because he's worried that the storm was caused by some malignant force, though he has told them that he may need their aid again in the future. So all of the Winter Gather dragons know him, or know of him. They're all more or less sympathetic to his cause. Outside of that, no worries about following that backstory to a tee! Just thought I'd give some in character reason for the separation of a big group!
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Herp derp! Quickpaged!
http://www.avengaea.com/characters/jadus.html
http://www.avengaea.com/characters/prandarash.html
http://www.avengaea.com/characters/tainas.html
http://www.avengaea.com/characters/novaneigel.html
http://www.avengaea.com/characters/daneon.html

...and I was actually sort of wondering if I could just be totally masochistic and request K'leirar Houtrar from the extras page. He's gorgeous.
Image Image Image Image