Winter Gather 2011 - Pickup Page Posted

Giveaways or draws, contests or freebies, this is where to go for critters being given out in a non-clutch format.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Dray
Dracolich

Winter Gather 2011 - Pickup Page Posted

Post by Dray »

PICKUP PAGE: http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/winter/2k11/

Since Shard is busy with life, I am going to be starting up a Winter Gather 2011 thread in preparation for some gather funsies. :3

At the very least, I promise to send out any dragons that get contributed to those who want to snag a few winter-themed pretties. There will be the usual forms to fill out for artists and non-artist participants. Deadlines for submitting winter dragons will be December 31st, 2011. The giveaway (if there's enough to go out!) will happen in mid to late January, depending on how quickly everything goes together. :3

If there is enough interest, I will be hosting a winter gather RP in either our usual chatroom or in the Deviantart chatroom. If you guys would like a 'socializing characters' gather-style event, or a 'Winter Hunt' safari-style event, let me know! I have a couple of different plot seeds in the freezer should you guys be as excited as I am to do something Nexus-related for winter. :)

Artists
PM me or email me at dracothrope at gmail dot com with this info.

** You and your contact info (email)
** The images (please label their files clearly)
** Any information about the images if they are specific critters rather than "you get to define it all" (this is where you'd insert the above form)
** Include a link to where you want them credited
** Anything else you'd like to inform the recipient
** How many or what types of critters you do or do not want (pets, no pets, upper limits on how many in total, etc)

Images are DUE DECEMBER 31ST 2011
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

(Just as a heads-up, all of the 2010 gather dragons are going to be forwarded from Shard for the 2011 gather, seeing as how they'll be so close together anyways! Just so you know what's going on with last year's thingie!)
Dray
Dracolich

Re: Winter Gather 2011

Post by Dray »

Three weeks left to submit your dragons to the winter gather this year! After the 31st, anyone who wants to participate may sign up. :D
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Woops, I'd meant 'three' weeks in my last post. THIS time is the two-week warning mark, if you'd like to submit art. There are some pretty rad submissions this time around! :D
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Did Shard get the info to you, or do I need to make stuff up for that folder that I found?
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

shard hasn't yet, but I'm going to send out another message and ask about it!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

One week warning if you're intent on submitting images this year!

I also haven't heard back from Shard at all in the last couple of weeks, so if you had sent something to her last year and were hoping to see it get sent out, please email the images and info to me at dracothrope at gmail dot com. You can also toss them my way via PM if you'd rather!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Two days' notice, if you're planning on submitting artwork to the winter gather. Still no sign from Shard about last year's submissions... but she did say she didn't have great internet access.

Anyways, all of the form info is in the first post if you have any last submissions you'd like to send. dracothrope at gmail dot com or a PM will suffice. ^_^
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Poop! I wanted to send something in, but I don't know if I will have time!
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Same here...totally wanted to send something in but I got swallowed by work, then by holiday stuff and a sick fiance, and now /I'm/ sick... :P Well, maybe I'll be able to come up with something in the next two days...maybe....
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Recoloured templates are welcome in addition to new art, if you guys would like to submit and don't have time for something brand new, of course! ^_^
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

I DREW SOMETHING TODAY

Hopefully I can get the thing inked and coloured before midnight tomorrow XD I think I can, I think I can...
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'll be out to a party on the 31st, so I'll be officially closing this the next mornoon some time! :) There's still time if you're worried about it closing right at midnight. ^_^
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Last day to send in an impulse winter dragon or three! XD Like I said before, I'll be out tonight and will be officially closing the submissions section of the Gather tomorrow when I'm awake. In the mean time, I see no reason not to overlap the forms a little!

If you didn't submit, but would still like to snag a dragon or two, please fill out the form as a Participant

Your Name:
Your Contact: (Email works, or other quick ways to get ahold of you!)
Anything you specifically don't like?: (Colours? Pets vs Dragons vs Non-Dragon big critters?)
Anything you do like specifically?: (Can't guarantee anything, but I'll try to match things up as best I can!)

Also, for artists who submitted: I've been advertising the Gather on Deviant Art at our group, and am planning on opening a few spots to newbies from thataway. Would you like me to only give out your submissions amongst Nexus Forum folk, or is it okay if I give some out to newbies from DA, too?

Post it here and I'll be getting to work on the page as soon as I have full access to my files at home on the 4th! X3
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I don't particularly care where mine go, I suppose.

<.< .... Now, back to writing Evoril's story. Giggle. He's not pleased with me at the moment (the other three are dragging him out on side-quests =P )
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I didn't get yours, StarFyre! At least, I don't have record of it in my email or PM inbox!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

But I forwarded the email I fooouuunddd. Rawr.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Did you forward to dracothrope at gmail dot com? :/ Hmm, I might have emptied my junkmail without reading over it. Send again?
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Are there newbies in the DA group? (I don't think I remember my password for DA otherwise I'd check myself.)

Considering I'm going out in a few hours and everything I draw makes me want to stab my monitor, I'll just go participant:

Your Name: Delyar
Your Contact: PM
Anything you specifically don't like?: I'm less fond of pets.
Anything you do like specifically?: Furry or quirky creatures.
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Sent again. Or finally. I'm not sure. It didn't show up in the sent-file bucket, but I could have sworn that I'd sent it.... well. Either way, it showed up in the sent-file bucket this time, so you should have received it.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Your Name: Xalia
Your Contact: xaliademarin@yahoo.com or I think you have my gmail...I'm almost always available on there... :)
Anything you specifically don't like?: No PINK, please!!!? :) Not terribly fond or having hordes of pets but a few is fine. :)
Anything you do like specifically?: Anything is fine, but my favorite color at present is red... :)
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

I don't mind mine going to newbies, but they may have to be a member of this forum to access the information about the Aelith.
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Your Name: JKatkina
Your Contact: You have my email, miss! Or you can just, you know, shout across the room. XD
Anything you specifically don't like?: I would prefer dragons. I don't tend to use pets, sadly!
Anything you do like specifically?: Aw, any old dragon will make me happy. :3
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Actually, nobody got back to me as an artist on DA, so I'm not sure if it's just that people weren't sure how the gather worked, didn't care, or are holding out to get free things without having to put any work in. o.O I didn't advertise it very far and wide, but I am curious to see if anyone signs up as a participant.

My plan is to advertise the gather on my own account, the Nexus group, and perhaps some adoption affiliates that aren't as focused on point-buy systems. I'll be doing divvying with the artists getting first dibs, then Nexus Forums participants, then, if anyone actually signs up from DA, they'll get last dibs simply by dint that... well, I'm not too impressed that there was no feedback on the side of "let's draw stuff and share!" part of the gather... so I'm leery that there's a mindset of free stuff for no work. :I

In any case, happy new year! I'm technically counting this as the night before still in case there's a last second rush happening for one of you out there for some reason, and will call the submission side of the gather closed whenever I wake up and come back on later today!
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

JKatkina wrote:Your Contact: You have my email, miss! Or you can just, you know, shout across the room. XD
rofl :P
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Your Name: Aireona
Your Contact: aireona93@yahoo.com
Anything you specifically don't like?: Nah!
Anything you do like specifically?: Dragons. Lol. But since I didn't submit art this year, I'm not going to be picky.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Quick question for you all: care for an RP night that's winter gather themed? Or just the pages with the dragons? If you do want a winter gather RP, would you like to have it social-based (interacting with one another, introductions and old friends?) or action-based (Wyld Hunt-style capturing winter dragons?)

I'm considering doing that sort of activity, and perhaps getting some DA newbies involved if I manage to catch interest. But I think that asking you who are more experienced with the actual game play is the better route to go than asking newbies who don't know any better! X3
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

I'd love to do an RP. And as far as what kind- I have fun RPing with you guys either way!
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Dray, do you really have to ask me? *grins*
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Well, just some clarification would be good! XD Just so I can write a specific pitch for dem newbies. I have prospects for either scenario, but I'm going to settle on a socialization gather if nobody pitches their vote the other direction, since that's probably more newbie-friendly!