Nanowrimo, what gives?

Come and show off your masterpieces!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, Dray

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Hah! Watch your slices of life turn into one massive story that you didn't foresee coming. :P I'm just excited to have more people around that can guilt me into continuing to write when I inevitably start to fade, two weeks in!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Just so long as people poke ME, as well. I have absolutely no illusions as to my ability to keep to a schedule.

And hey, I won't (longterm) complain about a story coming from nowhere! At least I'll have something to write about, then!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'll start up a self-congratulatory thread in here once November rolls aorund where we can post when we get to a certain number of words. Anything to help, right? ^_^"
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

Dray wrote: Still super into your LoTR game, Yakima?
They just came out with an expansion (Rise of Isengard) so yeah...gotta get my cute little hobbit to level 75 now...and relearn my class because they decided to change it...a lot. Grrr...Hate that part but the new region is pretty. LotRO defiently has some nice graphics (if youre graphics card can handle it...even with low settings tho it looks nice).

Funny you should say 'super' when my hobbit is known as Super Hobbit...by more then the Kin. I'm one of the most sought out Healers and well know. Someone tried to 'hire' me as his personal healer. *facepalm*

If I ever stop changing my websites I may get things paged. I just have to many dragons to really know what to do with anymore. heehee I guess if there is something you guys really want up ie records, species info, ect Please let me know.
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Dray wrote:I'll start up a self-congratulatory thread in here once November rolls aorund where we can post when we get to a certain number of words. Anything to help, right? ^_^"
I think if we get into the habit of doing this it'll be excellent social pressure. Like "I was supposed to write X today but I wrote Y" updates with follow up responses of "oh no! you can do it! that means Z more words tomorrow!".
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

":I Why did you go off topic when you had all of this cool stuff planned out?! SHAAAAME~" is also helpful, too! :P
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I think what's going to hurt me the most, both literally and figuratively, is the headaches I get off and on. It's not as bad as it used to be two years ago, but I still get them every few weeks, and they put me out of commission for a day or two. Not. Fun.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Ooh, ouch, yeah, that could be an issue.

Kat and I have decided to try to bank eight days of nano-'weekend', wherein we can take any of those eight days at any time of the month, if we feel as though we need it. We're just planning on redistributing our word-count so that we make up for it on the other days. It might be a nice safety net to have, should a migraine make it impossible to do anything!
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

I still have no idea what I want to write for NaNo this year... normally, I have the theme waaaaaaay in advance, but I feel behind this year >.>
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Have any continuations of stories that need worked on from last year? That could be a theme! Alternately, I know the forum is host to tonnes of inspirational material (or so I'd assume. X3 I haven' t had time to check everything out, yet!) There's still more than half a month to figure it out, though, so that's a start!
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

I'm torn between diving back into my Nexus world (using the concept of the Nexus colony as a launching point) or working on one of my other projects. On the one hand, it's incredibly easy to work within the Nexus world... but it's not actually useful in terms of novelization (but then again neither is much of NaNoWriMo...).
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'd say, pick something to polish up a bit? That's what we're trying this time. o.o' I'd love to read some Nexus-stuff, but that's just me and wanting more Nexus stuff.

Do you guys know what the idea is behind posting excerpts online? I know some people guard their words jealously, but I can't imagine that it'd make too much of a difference if it's a first draft. I think it would be neat (if we have time!) to post word-counts in order to share from time to time. Thoughts?

(Also, looks like the Nano forums are up again!)
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

The rules of NaNoWriMo are, to quote Pirates, more like guidelines.

In 2009 I flaked and only got about 20k words in, but I really liked my story idea, so in 2010 I just picked up the exact same story and started over. Which is technically a no-no. But the plot itself wasn't even new in 2009, and I'd had a gazillion false-starts already, and one fully-fledged Nexus persona based on the main character, so ... yeah, I didn't follow the rules. At least I didn't continue from the failed one but genuinely started from the beginning :P

This year I'm doing the sequel to the one I wrote in 2008, but I don't have high degrees of confidence given that I need to not flunk out of engineering school (again).
ImageImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I figure that so long as you're not using old words to pad out your word-count, anything should be able to go.

Well, school comes first... but also at the same time... >:D Good luck!