Rawr, random foxsies

Come and show off your masterpieces!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, Dray

StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Rawr, random foxsies

Post by StarFyre »

This is going to horribly stretch this screen, I just know it. Ah well.

Just a quick sketch that led to an even quicker coloring job that is leading to one of the longest, most drawn out crafts-projects I've ever done. Intended goal? Latchhook hanging for ze family, since I'm getting tired of giving photo-print-art-in-picture-frame.

Anyway, just wanted to let y'all know I still live. Ciao.

EDIT: Dear godonearth! I knew I accidentally saved it large, I didn't realize HOW large...

Ah well.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Sooo fuzzy! I especially love the mom... she's more wiry than poofy, but that's really cool!

So what's a latchhook hanging, I haven't heard of that before!
Houka Ryuu
Hatchling

Post by Houka Ryuu »

Wow, that is one huge image. But I liked the fuzzy fur of the mom. Really life-like in my opinion.

And ditto on what Dray asked. I also have no idea what a latchhook hanging is.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

It probably would have turned out better if I'd spent more than, say.. 2 hours on the whole coloring job. Frankly, it took longer to figure out why the scanner wasn't scanning c.c;;

Anyway! Latchhook iiisss... basically, you have this net that you use as a backing, and it comes in various size holes. The one I'm going to be using will end up having 5 yarn pieces per inch (25 per square inch) of net. You make a pattern, get the yarn, cut it into pieces (usually about... 3 or so inches long), and then "latch" it onto the net. Which isn't the clearest of instructions, so...

Here! http://www.woolneedlework.com/latch_hoo ... ctions.htm ^^ the instructions that come with all prepackaged kits~ Explains it much better than I ever could.
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

That would make an awesome latchhook! It's been a long time since I worked on one of those XD