Dragonclan Holt RP

Bring your characters to life!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Dragonclan Holt RP

Post by Mystic Dragon »

((For anyone who wants to join the RP on the tag board, I suggest you read this first. This is the first few opening posts. It sets the place, the time and the background. It'll help you get oriented before bringing in your chars.))

The end of summer was fast approaching. Leaves wer slowly turning a golden hue, enhancing the beauty of the forests that dominated that part of the world. In truth, little of the world was not still covered in foliage. Those sapient beings who sought to share the beauty of this realm did so by respecting and growing with nature. Even their homes were carved lovingly from the very skin of the world, not removed and hacked at with tools, but shaped to the flow of energy that spilled through all life.
This energy, the magic of this world, had done many things to change the daily lives of its occupants. Not the least of which was dropping several dozen more out of thin air.

The latest arrivals had been quick to adapt, though only due to the generous aid of those already established inhabitants. Now that they'd arrived at the new holt, Dragonclan, they were eager to strike out on their own, make their own home here and begin a new life as elves. Not the humans (or even imaginary beings!) that they once had been. Although there were a few newer arrivals over the original six hands-worth of migrants that had arrived in this temperate, volcanic land, the bulk of the elves had arrived, and that meant that there was one left to do.

Christen and celebrate their new home!

That particular day, the sun shone down from a cloudless sky and the air was filled with the music of nature. Crimson, only one of the new arrivals, lay tanning herself on an outcropping of rock a few feet away from the forest's edge. Her thoughts wandered far and wide, touching on past present and future. With her eyes closed and her hands pillowed beneath her head, she gave off the impression of being asleep.

Firebolt, on the other hand, was far from feeling inert. She may not have been central to the travel across the dunes and arid lands between Startree and Dragonclan, but she was excited to be /home/. Maybe it was just that she'd found a perfect spot for building her own den, and that she and her dragon had just recently survived a rather spectacular hunting trip, but she was feeling more chipper then usual. So, when her draconic companion had sent out a telepathic call earlier in the day (probably much to many a napping elf's chagrin), she was expecting at least a few of them to show up in the valley that had been their original arrival point!
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

((The logs from tonight! Feel free to keep posting! If you're new, just hop in there wherever you feel comfortable! The current posting order looks something like this: Mystic-Dray-Sil-Rachel-Yakima-Xalia-Starfyre, but is flexible.

To sum things up: after a few of the elves have appeared, Firebolt's roped them into bringing supplies and such for a party~! Will they put their skills and such to work? :O Tune in, same bat time, same bat channel! XD (Or post, whatever suits your fancy!))

Rachel: "No, she's really not. That's just an illusion. There is no Crimson." Redbarb was leaning against a tree, her spear at her side and, contrary to her name, completely free of the color red.

Yakima: A bay gelding came to a stop, tossing his mane into the wind as his rider dismounted with elven grace. "Watch it!" a voice cried out and a golden winged wolf jumped out of the way. "I'm down here, you know."
"Sorry, Golden," Gallop grinned as her friend resumed her human form and idely brushed the dirt from her cloths.
"You look fine," Gallop said skeptically.
Golden looked up. "To a female. Men have differnet standars, you know!" Gallop rolled her eyes and began to head in the way of others coming in.

StarFyre: Spiritshine muttered under her breath as she literally dragged the much taller Seraph out into the clearing, "Physically be here. PHYSICALLY! Not in astral form!"
The pale elf winced away from the shafts of sunlight, trying to keep in the shadows as much as possible, "It is day still, you woke me from my rest to drag me to a party in the /day/?"
With a shake of her head, Spirit dropped Seraph's arm and darted over to Crimson and Redbarb, "Hello!" The bird on her shoulder chirped a cute "Hello!" as well, mimicing her.

Mystic: Crimson chuckled, her golden irises appearing beneath the long shadow of her lashes. She looked up, straight up, at Firebolt and smiled. "If you poke me to see if I'm real, I swear I'll make you think you're a chicken for the rest of your life." Yawning laboriously, she stretched her arms over her head and rolled into a crouch. From there, her crimson-clad form made a swift movement to put her upright while her hands neatly smoothed out the kinks and creases in her outfit. Despite the fact that this world hadn't nearly as many cosmetic accomidations as her birth world, she still liked to look clean as possible. The lack of any brand names or costly stores only made her happy.

Dray: Firebolt twitched an ear in Redbarb's direction, then snorted. "You know, I wouldn't be surprised." Crimson /was/ always a good mindsnare, and the firey-haired elf had been caught offguard by her in a game more then once! She squinted down at Crimson and stuck her tongue out. "Ha, only if you can make me!" she half-joked, half-challenged. Before Crimson could reply, the short-haired elf turned her attention on the quickly approaching new arrivals.
Gallop and Golden were headed over from further up the valley, but it was Spiritshine and her reluctant muse--(Firebolt still felt strange to /think/ of muses as such--after all, here they were in the flesh, right? It didn't quite seem /right/ that they could be--or had been, at one point--considered 'imaginary'.)--that first caught the heat-shaper's attention. Firebolt nodded over to them, smiling and twitching up her large ears. That bird looked adorable--she didn't remember seeing the dark-skinned elf having it upon arrival. "Is that new?" She asked, peering at the beaked menace.

Sil: Tradewind, in whatever past life, had never been much of one for any sort of social gathering. That could have been, however, because she usually sat off to the side and had little to say about anything, herself--but these were friends. Or if they weren't, people she would have had to at least get along with somehow.
So after convincing her dragon that no, she wasn't needed, and to watch the...bird...she'd made her way down to the meeting place. Her own muse, Gargoyle, had got a few of the things that had hatched there, himself. But they'd just been too creepy for the far more normal-appearing elf.
It was a bit of a walk, she'd been sorely tempted to just go in astral projection alone, but they wanted everyone to be there so eventually she'd dragged herself down to the place. At least it was good to be doing something, the day had largely been boring. When she spied Crimson and Firebolt, however, she felt somewhat better about the meet. After all--she rather liked them both! "You two seem to be enjoying yourselves," she commented, a little amused at the scene. "As long as no one gets hurt." She gave Crimson a wink.

Rachel: Redbarb snorted, grinning impishly. While Firebolt was likely right, admitting so wasn't something Redbarb felt she had any use doing. Instead, she diverted her attention to Gallop, admiring the gelding she rode. Horses had always held a part of her heart, though her dragon would say it were traitorous to think anything as special as their flights together. She looked up, noting Tradewind's arrival.
Redbarb nodded toward the newer arrivals, though her head cocked to the side at some seemingly imagined sound. Rolling her eyes heavenward, she looked over her shoulder and threw the butt end of her spear out at about stomach-height. She was rewarded with a huff as a perturbed Vanish apparated. "So you made it too, eh?" It required no answer.

Yakima: Golden skipped a head, leaving Gallop to tend to the horse. Her blue eyes were on the look out for males - cute males of course. When Gallop rejoined her she tried to look innocent. It didn't work, like always.
Golden skipped ahead, leaving Gallop to tend to the horse. Her blue eyes were on the look out for males - cute males of course. When Gallop rejoined her she tried to look innocent. It didn't work, like always.

StarFyre: Spiritshine lightly flicked her bird's beak away from her long ear, with the remonstration of "No piercings, bad bird!" that had the absent sound of a memorized phrase. She smiled up at Firebolt, "He showed up a while back and decided to tag along. I can't leave him /anywhere/ by himself, or else he'll start shrieking loud enough for every elf in the clan to hear."
Seraph, on the other hand, was leaning against a tree, watching and listening to the goings on, staying carefully in the shade. Well, it wasn't exactly his fault that he burned in a heartbeat, was it? He was also carefully staying out of Golden's line of sight... he had a feeling he'd regret it if he let her spot him, Spiritshine was more than clingy enough for him.

Mystic: The corner of Crimson's lips twitched into a smirk. She could have easily risen to the bait, and part of her was sorely tempted to do just that, but there were more important things at hand than her overzealous need to compete. She lifted a delicate hand and flicked her golden locks away from her face. Even with the red headband always holding them down -and thereby giving her perma-hat hair- a few managed to slip loose and drop in front of her eyes. She smiled at the new arrivals, greeting each in turn. Over the course of their stay on this world, she'd gotten to know them all quite closely. She counted them among her friends.

Dray: Mua ha ha ha ha. Firebolt crossed her arms and leaned back on her heels, a sense of (probably temporary) accomplishment washing over her as Crimson backed down (for now~!) She gave the birdling on Spirit's shoulder another look then shook her head. "I don't think I could put up with that!" She said, somewhere between incredulous at the colourfully dressed elfess' patience and bemused that she'd bother.
Once Golden and her friend arrived, and Tradewind was welcomed, Firebolt waggled her ears and tried to catch everyone's attention with a warm mental 'poke'. Her ever-moving tattoos shivered for a moment before rearranging themselves in various arrows--a sure sign that the firey elf was in "Doing Things" mode. "Alright, so now that a few of you are here~" she began, trying to catch the lot of them with a teal-eyed, friendly stare, "I was wondering if you'd mind helping me set up this party of ours~?" Grin. It's not like she could materialize everything by herself, after all!

Sil: "Set up the party?" Tradewind asked of the taller (assuming) elf, one eyebrow raised and her expression already portraying the telltale signs of amusement. "What would you have us do? Didn't know this was an actual party, just a meeting..."

Rachel: With a quick grin, Redbarb grabbed Vanish's shoulder and thrust him in front of her. "Well, I don't know what good I'd be, but he's a surefire thing for improving the talents of those who can." Vanish shot her a glare, not exactly displeased at receiving attention, if not exactly pleased about the way it was brought about.
"Of course, I can go dragon-back to get anything we don't want to move through less physical means...?" Redbarb offered.

Yakima: "Sit down." "What do I look like, a dog?" Golden asked, crossing her arms over her chest and pouting. "Not right now but I know what you really are," Gallop replied. With a snort, Golden sat, her head turning to watch if there would be cute, available men running around. Gallop also sat but, being more anti-social and prefering to watch rather then mingle as of yet. Golden was starting to figent. "Ohh...get a load of that one!" Gallop sighed, hiding her head in her hands.

Xalia: Bringer heard the telepathic broadcast and would have responded automatically, unfortunately, her horse, who she'd dubbed FireJump for his frisky nature, was begging for treats and decided her equally frisky dog was a threat to both of them. Once that semi dangerous situation was calmed she headed in the direction of the call, on foot. She arrived just in time to pick the recent conversation out of the minds of those present and directed her attention to Firebolt. "What do you need help with?"

StarFyre: Spirit bounces on the balls of her feet, smiling brightly, "I have some thingies that I made that might be neat! One that I've got working has flashing lights in it!" That, of course, was her main hobby, making 'thingies' of all sorts, many of which never worked, but others that did... and still others that did things that she never expected them to. It was a very good thing she had a den far from most others, as some of her 'thingies' failed rather spectacularly. "OH! I can help hang things from the trees too!" She floated up a few inches into the air, until she could look the taller elves straight in the eye.
Seraph tilted his head to one side, running a hand through his hair to get it back in order. "I can do illusions, though that might work best in a darker setting."

Mystic: Crimson leaned in close to Firebolt's ear and whispered in a conspiratory tone. "So that was your plan. You only wanted some slave labour to bring your evil plan to fruitation." Leaning back again, she gave her hair another airy flip then crossed her arms over her chest. "Well in that case, I guess we have no choice. You /do/ have some supplies, right?"

Dray: "Weeeell," Firebolt replied aloud, addressing the little crowd, "I guess I wasn't really clear with what I was planning." While no one at Dragonclan was necessarily /evil/, there were folks who were far less likely to appear if they were expected to do work! (Firebolt would likely have been one of them, were she in someone else's knee-high boots right now!) "But anyways, it won't take much. I'm just looking for help with bringing in a few tables, maybe some lamps," (she couldn't keep many fire-globes going for long, after all!) "food, of course--cheese, please! ...And has anyone found any, ah, suitable beverages?" Someone really /would/ have to set up a distillery... but for now she was hoping that someone had discovered some native stash somewhere. "Oh, and I need help rustling up some music-makers, and, hell, Spirit', bring some of your inventions!" She laughed as the chipper elf floated a few feet off the ground.
"Gallop, Golden," she said, turning her attention to the two seated elves, "maybe you could go looking for some muscle to help carry stuff?"
She looked at Crimson and smiled brightly, flicking her ears yet again. "Of course I have supplies. We /are/ living all in one Holt, right? Share and share alike~!"

Sil: The midnight-garbed elf, Tradewind, was in thought a long moment as she went over her options of things to bring. Food, certainly, since she'd convinced some of the fruitbearing trees to grow about her den. And the lamps, a few of her metal-shaping experimentations. Not the best in the world, but nice enough for the occasion.
"Alright," she addressed Firebolt, grinning cheshirely. "I can do some of the food in lamps, though I'm not given to spirits myself."

Rachel: Redbarb seemed to think about it for a moment, then tapped the tip of her nose and half-smiled. "Me and the Orange Wonder can bring the meat down." She looked to the side, and then really grinned. "I also have some... Version of cheese that I've been working on... It is a tad pungent, but all good cheeses stink, right?"
Vanish didn't seemed all that disturbed. "Spirits? Well, I've got something similar made from what was supposed to be juice from one of the trees around my house. It tasted... Interesting. Needless to say... When I woke up, I didn't think I'd passed out from exhaustion."

Yakima: Gallop looked up, a bit startled but nodded. "Sure! Golden..."
"Do you see him!" Golden cooed.
Gallop frowned, pursing her lips. "He has ears longer then a wolf's! And..." Gallop smacked her.
Golden grinned, fluffing her hair before dancing toward Vanish. "Hey, cutie," she said.
Gallop moaned, still close enough to hear the exchange. "You're forward," Gallop muttered.
"Think you could help us for a bit?"
Gallop stepped up. "We're moving things for the party. We could use some help. Ignore her. She's a ditz!"
"I am not!"
Gallop glared at her. "Wanna bet?" Gallop smirked.
"Well, see if he wants to help carry stuff."
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

((Going to jump the line and post for Crimson. >.> So sue me!))

Crimson stood in quiet contemplation, her head tilted down and her jaw set in a firm line. She thought on all the powers she'd gained since coming to this strange new world and what usefulness she could be. Well, there was always 'supervisor'. Her control over the mind would be a great tool for that job. However, she didn't think Firebolt would approve of her taking over this little escapade. Therefore, that left her with...

The red-garbed woman lifted her head and smiled enigmatically. "Well I guess that makes me the muscle then. Or at least part of it." She spared a glance over her shoulder for Golden, who was still trying to woo poor Vanish. "I'll find us some tables. Be back in a jiff."

With that, Crimson rose into the air and shot off towards her den. Surely a few people wouldn't mind a bit of missing furniture here and there.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

(( Woo, can we do that? 'Cause if the answer is yes... ))

Well then. Redbarb was torn between laughing and directing her canine friend, some distance away in the woods. She had a feeling that Vanish had done nothing more than laugh in certain similar situations from the vastly unremembered "before", so she wasn't exactly inclined to help him when he started looking reclusive.

Of course, Vanish was far from incapable of handling himself. He flashed Golden a winning grin, bowed wordlessly, and then slowly faded from view. The last thing visible was the pearlescent white of his teeth, which failed to pass as chesire and met "freaky beyond all regards" with relative ease.

And then he was gone.

Golden was probably not going to feel... Happy, but Redbarb wasn't doing more than laughing silently to herself as she felt her mind hone in on the target she was searching for, sequestered in a thicket around half a mile away. Good.

"Don't miss me too much," she said, and on a narrow, specific mental thread, "You may be invisible, but she's got a nose on her. And her hearing's not half bad either..."

"Then I'll just have to make sure I'm quieter."

Redbarb had to resist the urge to cackle as she slipped off toward her orange dragon, realizing almost before Vanish that he had answered her... Out loud.
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

Golden yelped and jumped back when he vanished. "That was so not cool!" she cried, pouting and placing her hands on her lips. Beside her, Gallop was trying not to laugh out lout but her hand was on her mouth thus the attempt was noticed. "Haha, very funny! Did you know he was going to do that?"

"No. But I love watching you get blown off like that!"

Gallop smiled to the other as Redbarb went to her dragon. Her's was not far away but most likley hunting in the forest. Golden followed her, still muttering about what had happed and not at all pleased that he had vanished on her. "That was plain..."

"Oh, give it a rest! I'm sure they'll be plenty of cute men dying to statch you for a few hours of whatever. There is a party to start, you know."

Golden stuck out her tounge and pouted.

They went to one of the tables to be moved out. Gallop took one end and waited while Golden adjusted her tunic. "Today, perhaps?" the green clad elf said impaciently.

((If I ever use Segarra somewhere, sorry. I almost did. Wish we had different names because these are so close together in length and starting letter. I'm going to get confused!! :D))
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

((Oops, apologies - didn't notice anything had been posted! ^^;; *so bad*))

Spiritshine grinned, "Will do, Fire'! Several thingies coming right up!"

She launched herself up above the trees and towards her den, not even bothering to call her dragon to her - why bother, when she was able to fly easily enough on her own? Her den was, as usual, a mess, both in construction and a true /mess/ inside, papers with scribbled notes and doodles scattered across ledges, bits and pieces of her thingies across the floor, walls, and any other available space. Walking through her den was to walk through an unknown land full of traps and pitfalls... even she didn't bother with walking sometimes.

As she was busy gathering various inventions together to bring back, Seraph, left rather at loose ends, tried to fade further back into the forest, wondering how he could help without getting burned to a crisp.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

((Mrph...I think I got skipped....))

Bringer sighed at the news that they would need to bring things. What could she bring? Her powers were almost purely educational and mind-based so unless they needed skill transfer she wasn't going to be much help, perhaps the musicians would need her? Frowning slightly she asked, "Hey, Firebolt, have anything for me to do?"
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

((I think you can post whenever you want right now. Order only applies when we have a chance to do the message board RP'ing again.))

Crimson alighted to the lip of her den entrace a few minutes later. Some of the elves preferred to call their mountain dwellings rooms or homes or whatnot. She liked dens. Made her feel more natural in this place.

Soft-footed steps took her into the dark interior of the rock-walled apartment. Her golden eyes scanned the room for anything of use, passing over things like chairs and beds without a thought. This was beneficial in one way, since it allowed her to spot a long table she'd been using for crafting that much sooner, but at the same time it kept her from noticing the white-clad figure that detached himself from the shadows and slipped towards her.

"Having fun?" Metanoia purred in her ear, his gloved hands coming to rest on her shoulders.

Crimson hated being touched. Loathed it, in fact; especially by men. It stemmed from an incident back in highschool that she had gotten over long ago. Yet the instinctual dislike remained. She believed it helped her avoid situations that might otherwise be uncomfortable or dangerous. Being a paranoid and mistrustful person by nature had its advantages in some cases.

"Piss off, pervert." She growled under her breath as she shrugged away his gentle touch. Picking up a few pots, she began moving the table's ornaments to another location. Her bed would have to do until the party was over.

"Is that any way to talk to your muse?" He sulked, slender, masculine figure reclining back against the table's edge. White-gloved arms folded one over top of the other, producing a rubbery squeaking sound when the form-fitting material rubbed together.

"You're not my muse." Crimson retorted coldly, lugging the largest pot to the foot of her bed. The floor would suffice for this one. "You're just a psychotic nightmare that happened to get transferred over here with the rest of us."

The little, long-eared man gasped in mock pain and pressed a long-fingered hand to his chest. "You say such hurtful things! Honestly, where would you be without me? I gave you such brilliant ideas." His voice dropped to a seductive coo, male tenor trembling an octave lower. "So many plots and ways to torment. You just loved using me to attack them."

Crimson straightened, taking a moment to control the knot of anger that was building inside her chest. She knew that many people had brought their muses here... somehow. Most of them got along. She, however, had ended up with the one person she had least wanted to see. Well... aside from one of her hydras. There were just parts of her psychy that one did not want to see. Turning on her heels, she marched back towards Metanoia and glared down into his black, soul-less goggles.

"Faust, I swear-"

"Metanoia now, dearest. You know that." He returned with a saccharine grin.

"Whatever." She growled. "Just get out of my den before I have you walk out thinking you're going for a stroll in the park."

Metanoia leaned in closer to close the gap that was already no more than a foot between them. He smiled smugly and spoke barely above a whisper, having only an inch to separate their faces. "You just love having that power, don't you? Being even a little bit like her."

"And you hate it." The red-garbed elf returned with a triumphant smirk. To her disappointment, Metanoia did not draw away. He wrinkled his nose and produced a small laugh, then landed a peck on hers before she had a chance to protest.

"See you around, dearest!" He called over his shoulder as he strolled towards the entranceway. A dragon waited for him there, shoulder pressed to the ground to give him easy access. In a matter of seconds, he had vaulted to the creature's back and taken off to find another poor soul to torment.

Crimson sighed to fill the silent void that had suddenly swarmed into her den. She hated that man. She really did. In hopes of taking her mind off him, she finished clearing the table and levitated it to the front entrance. Now she only had a few dozen more to find before she could return to the party grounds.

((If anyone wants to have Crimson intrude in their den and take a table or two, feel free.))