February/March Dragon Species Gather

Giveaways or draws, contests or freebies, this is where to go for critters being given out in a non-clutch format.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Pick a February Theme!

Nature: Natural Disasters
10%
Elements: Darkness
50%
Animals: Reptiles
20%
Seasons/Times: Midnight
20%

Total votes: 10

Dray
Dracolich

February/March Dragon Species Gather

Post by Dray »

Welcome back to the dragon draw and giveaway. This is essentially the same as last month's giveaway; if you have any suggestions or input on changes to help it run more smoothly for you, please let me know!

Everyone:
Whether you plan on participating or not, if you want a dragon from any of the giveaways, you sign the form that will go up in this thread. Artists can include examples of their creations, and participants can ask for specific colours, number of critters, and make more specific requests if they want; at the end of the cycle, I will be posting up a giveaway thread from which you can pickup your dragons -- sort of like the Winter Gather!

Participants:
There are two ways in which you may participate. The first is to create a template (or limited run of uniques, if you'd rather not make a template) for the giveaway. This can be a random dragon, a breeding, etc... Whatever you deem appropriate. You could also do a recolour of previous images (for example, if you're short on time, or would like to give more of them away) to suit the theme. The specifics of the dragon are completely in your hands. For this month's theme, please see the info listed below for ideas, or you may do your own research.

The second way is to write a story around the theme. This can be a place for the giveaway dragons to live, a character learning about the subject in question, or whatever, so long as it is also inspired by the monthly theme.
Participants do get perks, however. I would suggest that anyone doing a limited run of dragons (as in, not enough for everyone, whatever reason you have; a breeding, or a handful of uniques) hold off on their giveaway until the end of the month, when you know who is definitely participating (unless you don't really care who's participating or not, in which case.. *shrug!* it's up to you!). Participants will usually have a better chance of getting one of those few dragons.

Lastly, while we're hoping to run this Gather-style (you draw the new species and make up info for it, then mail them in to me to be given out at the end of the month) if you would rather give the dragons out yourself, please feel free to do so!

Non-Participants:
If you're not planning on participating, you need not worry about any of the above. Simply fill out the forms and wait for the giveaways. However, as I said in the participant section, you'll likely have a better chance of getting in on limited run or more rare dragons if you're a participant.

February's Themes (Vote on one in the poll section above!)

Nature: Natural Disasters
From drought and frost to tornadoes and volcanic eruptions, pick one or several as a basis for your dragon image!

Elements: Darkness
Whether it be simple shadows or pure evil, pick something 'dark' themed for your dragon.

Animals: Reptiles
Fairly straightforward theme, though whether these dragons are based on a particular reptile (like coral reef snakes, or gila monsters), a group as a whole (turtles, crocodiles) or just reptiles in general (splayed legs, cold-blooded, etc), is entirely up to you.

Seasons/Times: Midnight
Draw your image based upon the theme of 'midnight'. This could mean dark colourations, or tendencies based upon the witching hour!

Calender of Events
Voting ends in 7 days, on February 16th!
February 17th to March 9th: The winner has been resolved and you may start drawing your dragons!
March 10th to March 17th: Either set up your giveaway thread, or send in your images to dracothrope@gmail.com for the mass giveaway!
-Forms for artists will be set up in this thread to include information to go with the dragons, if necessary.
-Forms for participants and non-participants will be set up in this thread to request dragons from the mass giveaway.
March 18th to March 25th: Giveaway time! We'll also set up the next voting round!
Last edited by Dray on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'm eyeballing my list of dragons for shadow magic users, but was wondering if anyone has any that are specifically all about shadows and such! Would anyone be willing to loan one or a breeding pair out for a breeding?

(If not, I can always make something up, of course! Just thought I should ask!)
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*trolls through list*

Well, I have Lirae, who's a Shadow Myrsilk (and small for her kind, too). Her sister, Nissae is a Void, but she has shadow-spec too. Away from Myrsilk, I guess Quinsys might count - he's got shadowbreath and void magic. My Zalor Gatame can call shadows to him. Or there's the Lesser Kynnese Araz'zron/Shadow.

There might be others around that I haven't uploaded yet.. I'll take a look through my old files tomorrow to see.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Woah, Quinsys is really cool. Mind if I borrow him? :D
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Go ahead ^^
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Just a heads-up, voting on the theme for this month/next month is closing tomorrow morning! If you haven't cast your vote, now's the time!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Alright! It looks like Darkness won this round by a landslide! Midnight will be shuffled into next round, and the other two will slip back into the pool of options to come up again at random. :D

Feel free to get drawing, recolouring, collaborating, or setting up a place for these dragons to go, if you want to participate! To those who just want to collect at the end of the month, encourage everyone else to get started! :P

Also, today is MONSTER DAY! That means, pull up some monster movies, eat some marked down Valentine's Day candy (or healthy snacks if you wish), listen to monstery music, and draw monsters! Perhaps the theme for this month will bring some inspiration!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

The deadline is coming up in a couple of days -- on the 9th... though I don't have anything done yet. XD I've sort of gone on hiatus; dragoning hasn't been very busy or exciting lately so my attention's been turned to other things. Has anybody else finished theirs, yet? Or should we put this on hiatus?
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

I was intending to do something for this, but I'm not sure I'll get around to it in time. On the upside, I just got a new computer; on the downside, I still have to reinstall all my programs.
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I've been completely absorbed in trying to kickstart my muse... I didn't even realize this was coming up! Hmmm....
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Somehow, I've actually ended up with two things. XD (And possibly another one on the way!) They're just outlines, so far, but I hope to finish them tonight. They were meant to be a pair, but can I give one for non-participants and both for participants? Would that be too complicated to send you for the gather thing? ^.^;;; I suppose I could always just do my own for these, and then send you the third one for the gather, once it's done. *offer*

*edits to add a preview of the first pair* :3

Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

If you'd like to set up your own thread, feel free to! Alternately, you can still email them in; perhaps we can have a sign-up in this thread right away so that people can make them for the specific forms and then send them in as a bundle?

In any case, the drawing part is over at midnight and the giving-away part should begin tomorrow! :D