SAI tutorials?

Come and show off your masterpieces!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, Dray

Dray
Dracolich

SAI tutorials?

Post by Dray »

Hey Uny, I know that you just SAI for your artwork, and I'm fiddling around with it -- I've seen that it's pretty similar to photoshop with a few different tweaks that are throwing me off!

I was wondering if you knew of any good tutorials to compare SAI to photoshop? I've looked at some basics so I get the generic 'paint cel shading and use the water tool to blend!' techniques. I'm just wondering if you've seen anything that is different and cool.

I was also wondering if you've seen a tutorial on how to remove the white from behind a scanned lineart image? I'm still looking, myself!

So far I'm really liking the program! The brushes are really nice when I use my tablet; I'm hazarding a guess tha with practice, they'll be even nicer than what photoshop has to offer!

Thanks again for the suggestion to go with it! :D
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Woah, I just discovered the 'Luminance to Transparency' feature! That was... kind of amazing, actually! :D Now to figure out how to fiddle with Levels (or whatever they are going to be called in SAI) and I'll be all set!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Yay, I sort of figured it out!

A picture!

(I couldn't have the Sotiel being the only insectoid race on Star City. 83 They're too much fun!)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Still figuring out how to do this transparency thing, but managed to get another one done!

StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

That is positively sexy ^^ <3