Help with a new breding project?

Need risers and/or chasers? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Yay! I'll do up some more tomorrow.. gotta figure out flame colors. ^.^;;; (JKat, I'm so relieved/glad you approve! :D) As for requirements... I think it'll just be somewhere to send them. With the Fireling heritage, they don't -need- a bond. Just somewhere to live. They're also fairly neutral in alignment, also much like their dad's side of the family. <3

I really want to get started on the next generation, but I really REALLY want the next step to be one of those gravity wyrms from Phe's space giveaway, but I don't have one, and no one's offered one yet. :< So I guess the next will be.. uh.. I dunno. Maybe Naktikini and a xenodragon.. if I can finally settle on one. XD;;;

If I do end up doing the xeno generation next, would anyone be interested in stages? Little bursters first, and then the adults? Or should I just skip straight to the adult stage?
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Shard »

Gwwaaaaaaahahahah oh my SO pretty!!

I don't really think Henshuth has any limits, she's bred before - but it was at the bipedra and I don't have any real records of what happened. :/ She'd love to breed. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I have a female gravity wyrm, called Celerity.

http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... singer.htm

How about you just TAKE ALL MY DRAGONS and breed them into pretty things!! :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Shard, I've been feeling about the same =P Seeing as how many dragons I've handed over to Uny for this *grins*

Also, much love for Uny!Arts.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Shard: *gleedance!* Oh dear, you are just absolutely making my day. *add Celerity to list* Hey... she's got some nice natural armor on her, too. Hmmmm~ *ponder*
Oh! Might I also borrow Cynosura?

StarFyre: XD *love!*
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Shard »

:) Yeah I was thinking Cynosura is just superbly 'spacey'. Seriously, feel free. I can always put them all in a story blender and come up with some reason they're all breeding. lol!!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

She is! <3 And storyblenders are FUN. XD Though if you'd rather, I can always just make myself a new Abiandern to fit the bill.. *timid* *doesn't want to make Shard's brain frazzled from all that blending* ^.^;;;;
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Shard »

pfff. No. You go right ahead!

>_> though I would kinda like the adults on some of my saa... ;)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

As for somewhere to send firelings, well, Kay's putting up one good-for-nothin' grandkid, she might as well put up another... XD

Durrrn, this whole project is looking to end up pretty cool. :D Gravity wyrms? YES!
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Bah, the Nexus marked a bunch of this as read! XD Would it be okay to send in someone to take home a fireling-offspring? I could send a leader-type to look after them as they grow up!
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

UPDATED!Gen 2a Preview:

X3 THIS IS FUN. *capers off*

ETA: The colors/patterning is a little more like what I wanted it to be, and there's options for metallic bits now. X3
Last edited by Unyko on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Xenoqueen »

::GRABBYHANDS:: Omg, so gorgeous!
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

HOLY CRAP those are COOL! :D
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

....That... that's amazing! XD Ha haha!

Hey, a suggestion: maybe turn the black wing-tine bits into a similar colour to the glowy bits, like the wing-edges? I think it might make the glowy effect more prominent!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

<_< and don't forget, those wurms get very, very large with age... ;)

That is so. Awesome.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Those are awesome looking ^^ Want!
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Thanks guys! <3

Dray: Yeah, I've been fiddling around with the look of the thing. I'll probably end up doing just that, 'cause I really don't like how the back scales where the wings overlap sorta.. don't really work the way I want them to. >.> The lines are far too visible. :\

Also: Am still looking for a good xenodragon! Queens preferred, but high-ranking or cool lookin' (or blue XD) would still be awesome. Still have JKat's junior queens under consideration, though, and I do have my own hive, so... I guess I'll make do if nothing perfect comes along. <3
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Xenoqueen »

Problem with queens is if you're looking for purebloods, I'm pretty sure there's only two out there from the original clutch. Drakiera had one and Sherra had the other, and both of them are ker-poofed from the Nexus far as I know.

Mixblood queens, there's more of. Bunnies, chicks, a few hydra-y types, pretty sure some born from Sherra's queen at the 2nd Apocalypse clutch....

We all know I have a massive conglomerate of xenos in my collection, of course, but the only one IC-ly eligible to breed (either "at all" or "to a non-xeno"), I'm not sure you'd want, because she's my xenodragon queen that got EXTREMELY Whorl-touched before winding up at the Ranch of DOOM. XD Also she's more inclined to breed "alone" in true-queen fashion, but if you're desperate, you can use her. :B
http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/S ... othoss.htm
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Hooooooo~ yeah, that is pretty darn whorl-touched! *boggle* And while she is really rather awesome, I don't think I can use her. :< Since I'm looking at xenos specifically for their armor.

However, you did give me an idea! I don't -need- a queen; I'd just prefer one. That said, I'm seeing some interesting possibilities in those ones from Dray's giveaway. Really just looking at the chest plating, and they have some awesome structures in there. Little holes for the light to leak through. X3

So! Unless someone has one of those to offer, I'll see if I have one available. *pretty sure most of her xenos are with Neptuss, but there could be one or two wandering about somewhere, unattended* <.< ... >.> ...
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

I know I gave a crap-tonne of blue and green ones away; the random colour generator that night was on a cool-colours kick!
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Dray: This is AWESOME news. :D (So awesome, apparently, that it took me literally half a minute to figure out how to spell 'awesome', with several variables of a, e, w, and s fighting for dominance. *fall all over self* XD)

Oh! Also...

StarFyre: I forgot to find out.. how big is Naktikini? o.o
Image... Image ... Image

Post by StarFyre »

*coughs* How big would you like Naktikni to be? It's from the Knux board, so I don't have pertinent info like 'size' anymore (if it ever came with such details). And because I haven't uploaded it onto my new site, I haven't given it a size-range either....

Also, note that Nakti is perfectly capable of acting as the female if you can't find a suitable female xeno =P It's a hermaphrodite, after all.

In that vein, if you're looking for the xenos from the StarCity Massacre, I have Adiss, who's a high-ranking warrior in Snaedis' hive. Which is untraditional enough (and Adiss, despite being loyal, is full of enough flair) that Adiss could probably get away with it (especially if he brought a child back).
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

*.*

I still can't believe I missed out on all that awesome. *SADFACE at lack of xeno!win*

But it means you have just about made my night. XD I've been sitting here, trying to figure out how to get one of Neptuss's female warriors out of his 'sight' long enough to fraternize (*snrk*). Your solution is rather elegant. :3

So in answer to your first question (and I guess my question, too), uh.. big enough to not literally explode with xeno!babies? ^.^;;;;
Image... Image ... Image

Post by StarFyre »

Hahahaha. This is quickly turning into a "Shard x StarFyre" project. I am amused!

I've always seen Naktikni as somewhere in the Medium size range (so between 10' and 14'11" tall at the shoulder, and, of course, extremely slinky), if that helps any.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

XD I know. It's funny. *snicker* And you are so awesome for offering to scramble your storielines for these guys. <3! Do you want two babies from this clutch, since both parents are yours? (One to keep 'mom' company, and one for dad to take home and show his Queen?)

Oh good! Can we go with the smaller size? I'd rather like to keep these on the smaller size, rather than have someone wandering around with a jet-sized dragon hiding in their tattoo. I mean, I know I wanted the whole 'bigger on the inside' thing, but not -that- much bigger! XD

Also, I'd like to talk to Phe (or alternately Dray) about something re: xeno hatchings.. and later generations.. and stuff. X3 *gonna PM*

*shiftyeyes*
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

*perks, eying her inbox* Whatchu need to know?
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

*sneaks in with three generations worth of preview silhouettes* X3

Gen 1b:

Gen 1c:

Gen 2c:

*will start the giveaway for gen 2a tomorrow, and also open up for people to get seconds of gen 1a*

*sneaks back out, falls into bed*
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Shard »

SO.

Awesome. :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

O________O

CANNOT. WAIT.
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Aww man, this project is just going to be generation after generation of RAD. :D
Image Image Image Image