Help with a new breding project?

Need risers and/or chasers? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Dude, <3, I can keep it? *loves irridescent effects like that*

As for how many babies, uuuhh.... ... I don't know? Probably a decent amount (~7-10, maybe a few more? Probably no more than 15 at the max). I would say that, following xeno-tradition, they'd probably be facehuggers, but, really, Naktikni is a robot. If you can't break rules for a robot, who can you break rules for? =P
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Absolutely! XD Let me get it in the larger size that the rest of them will be in. *salute*

And 15 or less I can work with! :D They'll probably end up being facehuggers. If only because I love them. ^.^;;;
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Shard »

Oh god yes it hurts, SO GOOD it hurts.

So pretty!!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*pulls mind out of gutter and makes futile attempt at brushing it off* Grr, Shard. Grr.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Oooh, Uny! Iridescence, so much fun to use and abuse. <3 These guys are lovely!
Image Image Image Image
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

StarFyre wrote:*pulls mind out of gutter and makes futile attempt at brushing it off* Grr, Shard. Grr.

That is SO not how I intended that post to read. :)

But now that you mention it.. hahahah!

>_> earlier today I pointed out how one of my HL2 mapmaking friends' latest work seen from above, the lines in the grassy area between two locations looks like a little, flaccid dick. He cannot unsee it now, so he put bridges over the area to disguise it. (Or, he may have intended to do that anyway but now at least no one else is gonna see it, lol!)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oh mai. Shard may have not meant it, but those are SO COOL. *changes pants*

XDD

Unyko, what are you going to want in terms of story and the like? Because those are sooo cool!

Also, I've figured out an FTP program, so I'll be paging my last feller pretty quick! 83 Thank you so much for giving me so many! I do love them quite a lot!
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Shard (and also StarFyre): *SNORK* O MAI is right. XD

JKat: IT IS. *dance around and splash color all over scary!xenos* 8D

Dray: Oh yay! (If you use Firefox on your mac, I would suggest FireFTP.. it's what I use, and it's really easy to figure out. <3) :D I'm keeping those wyrm!babies until their next generation, too... so you can keep askin' for more as long as you still want them. ^.~!

Also: I'm going to do the whole.. secretive hatching thing, just outside of Star City. Getting the word out through closed channels, bringing doctors and the like aboard Neptuss's ship to take care of everyone, like we planned. :3 Beyond that, you're free to play around with how these people happen to hear about the clutch, and what their plans may be. (Not all will be required to.. er.. incubate their own hatchling. ^.^; Fun/awesome plus, but other options will be available. <3)

In other, not actually related news... I'm about to the point where I will -pay- someone to design me a queen. *facepalm* Because I know I'm not up for all the detail involved to be able to do it myself. (That guy I just finished just about killed my attention span for details. @.@)
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

Oooh, do you mean just the drawing? Because I wouldn't mind drawing one! >:D
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

@.@ Dude. Yes. I will give you whatever you want. *cling*

(Same goes for anyone who can shade/color said drawing. *hopeful look in JKat/Phe's direction?* *still totally willing to commission this* Anyone need any extra spending cash/have paypal? XD)
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

You want a queen variant on the one that you just posted up, or for another generation?
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Any of the above, really. Variant, pure, random.. whatever you feel like doing! *excitement* (I hadn't considered having a queen variant of this template... o.o could be an awesome prospect!)
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

Oh!

I'd be willing to draw a queen-variant for an upcoming clutch if you're planning on giving it away through story or what have you, though because the queens that have come into existence in the past were earned through stories, I'm going to stick to that precedent -- I don't remember if you have a queen from a different clutch (brain blanking!) but I'd be willing to do a redraw or something, outside of the option of upcoming clutch!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Screw the edit!

If you had a character in a story find a queen, though, I'd be perfectly willing to do one for 'free' (no paypal necessary, I mean!) I know that Neptuss has been leader of a motley hive for a while now... and the story-bits you have for them are all really fun! If there's a way that you could tie it in with a queen template showing up (either via a molting Neptuss, discovery of a new queen, something completely different)...?
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

I don't have any queens, myself (I came into the whole thing after all that had already happened *sadness*), though there is one more clutch with strong xenodragon blood: the final generation in this project. (I'll totally be writing a story featuring the character for whom I've gone through all the trouble to make these guys. XD)

Actually, that seems rather... appropriate. *amused*

EDIT: DUDE. A MOLTING NEPTUSS!QUEEN?! O.O *TWITCH* *FIDGET* *DO WANT*
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

If StarFyre's common Winter Gather drone can become a Queen via a fancy molt -- and I know that Kat eventually wants her not-really-xeno-looking-queen to molt into something more badass when she has time and storyness for it -- then I'm sure Neptuss could have such a thing happen if you were willing to write story for it. o.o We don't really see caste changes in the xeno life cycle (special face huggers and bursters for Queens vs. the other kinds) but I think that since the real impetus for having a Queen is the passion to write for one, including that as an option would be really cool.

Would you rather a queen template for the upcoming clutch, or the molty feller?
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Sidenote from the xeno geek: I've played one game that did a neat thing with molting queens. What it did, was use praetorians as a kind of juvenile queen. There were normal facehuggers and queen facehuggers, and the queen-types led to the hatching of a "pure strain" praetorian, regardless of host. You could have several praetorians, the royal guard, and if you lost your queen to an enemy attack, one of the praetorians could metamorphose into a new queen.

So there certainly is a basis in the Expanded Universe for queen-molts!

But poor Neptuss, undergoing a gender-swap. XD

...I should finish that pureblood queen template I started, myself.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Gah. D: Darnit, now I can't decide. *flail* You offer too much awesome, Dray. *shakefist!*

*consider* The more I think of it, the more I lean towards Neptuss molting. It's totally in keeping with his story/character, and really, it'd be a bit awkward for my traveler to have a whole entourage following along. <.<;; So there's your answer. Storybits will follow shortly. X3

And Phe: Oooohhh.. that's an interesting insight! o.o Yay for precedent! Also: yeah. *snrk* I don't think he'll mind, though. He was never overly gender-oriented, anyway. Just sort of.. neutral. Even though he has already fathered several clutches. *amused* (Though I think he'll need another new ship, at this rate! His current one was only sized for a dozen or so dragon-sized occupants. It's already a bit cramped, and I haven't even listed/counted the offspring that stayed with him. XD)

Whee~ I get to play with that plot again! :D *dance off*
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Unyko »

Also: *chucks in the burster pic she finished last night for that crazyrainbowxeno, just 'cause* XD

Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

Ha ha ha, it's so cute! I love it!

Okay, xenoqueen template shall be on the way! I'm designating my 'not working!' day to some character design and such... let me know when you get the story finished up to the point that you want it and I'll get working on the image for you! Since it's a one-off instead of a pureblood queen, do you mind if it's a little different? Do you want to keep some of his/her original traits, for example?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

So if I'm reading this right... you'll potentially get characters from us who will have the bursters in them, and then... get healed? Which sounds dangerous and fun. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Dray: *glees* Not sure how long it'll take me to get his story there, 'cause there are some important plot points that need to happen first. (His engineer needs to come aboard... there are several clutches... he needs to get another new ship... then that xeno outbreak in SC, which I'm sure he'll at least hear about and react to... etc...) But yeah, I really don't mind if he keeps some of his original traits. :3 Whatever you come up with will be awesome. <3!

Shard: Exactly. X3 You send a character, they get 'hugged', then wander off about their lives until it's time to be born, at which point they come back to the ship to be taken care of. Doctors on hand and all that. Alternately, they could just stay aboard and hang out with the other xenos of Neptuss's crew.. get the hang of xeno dynamics and stuff. *shrug* But yeah, that's the gist of it!
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

I'm just trying to think of an appropriate enough person to undergo the symptoms... I'd like to write a storybit for this!
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

*grabby hands at the rainbow!xeno*

Will definitely be sending a <strike>victim</strike> character in for this one.
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Awesomeness~ X3 This is part of why I'm doing the other generation first.. there's candidates required for 1b, but 1d is gonna take a bit more thought in the character planning/paging (PLOOOOOT!), I think. *excitement*
Image... Image ... Image