Post RP WINNINGS- Dray, Phoenix, and Starfyre

Giveaways or draws, contests or freebies, this is where to go for critters being given out in a non-clutch format.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Okay, slight misunderstand on my part: when Ri+daughter and Vidalien's momma were encountered and I said "I'll save momma, you save the queenie!" and you went "Okay!", I assumed somewhere that we'd be trading at the end because I had apidae and you had Vidalien. XD Oops.

Well, the baby queen is Ri's daughter, and according to the apidae page, "In the case of queens, they will spend their early adult years tending to their mothers, and their mother’s offspring. When fully instructed in the traditions of finding a mate and beginning a new colony, the young queen will leave her home and search out wild drones that are willing to mate with her."

Since now both momma and daughter have survived, ICly I think they should stick together. Hmm, maybe they could all go to Nidus Corona, following Vidalien and Delta? Retirement home for Ri and her surviving kids and the guard-cousin while baby grows up. XD Nii'vae and Momma and the other Skai go along, too, as TEH PAMIEC STA SURVIVORS.

Since Ri's the one on your prize list, I'd then take the new baby. Does that work?
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

That makes sense!

And I had forgotten about the momma completely, it's been so long. Sorry for the mixup! I'm currently attempting to figure out how to transfer my dragoning files from my old laptop to my new desktop beast -- apparently since I formatted my 1TB drive for a mac, my PC only acknowledges that it exists when I plug it in, but won't allow me to access the files. :\ I'm not quite sure what to do about that without erasing everything and starting over, hopefully I'll be able to find some better compromise!

(Long rambling aside, what I mean to say is that once I have that figured out, I'd be happy to update the site in a way that shows that Ri and co. are living in the vicinity. Hell, we could even make a new page-index for them, if you wanted to start building up their numbers for a proper hive!)

eta: that gives me an idea for a Monday chat -- again, depending on if I can succesfully transfer my files over properly: maybe folks would like to have a chance to RP around Nidus Corona? Or maybe Star City again, in the aftermath? I can always make up random characters for Star City to interact with, if you'd like to explore the station in the aftermath of the xeno-infestations and such. I think that I'm'a be updating it when I get a chance... I would love for it to be a fully functional site with 'world' info for people to access if they want to write or RP in the setting... and I have some changes to make to the Star City mutts, too, having actually sat down and thought about it!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Dray, here's a free little application that seems like it would solve your problem. http://www.catacombae.org/hfsx.html I can't test this, of course, since I live in a mac-free household (=P) but the description seems right.

Also, a cool little program that I've found to keep all my web-building files identical across multiple machines (and assist in the not-losing-of-them-ness) is Dropbox: http://www.dropbox.com/features It also allows you to access and edit them online.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Ooh, thanks, I will try that shortly!

(Ha ha, I got stuck in 'french canadian keyboard layout' for a moment there, wound up spending ten minutes mashing my keyboard and then googling help. XD I have a long way to go to become PC literate again!)