Falas Weyr Massacre RP

Bring your characters to life!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Post by Guest »

Satisfying didn’t even begin to describe the sensation that Kova experienced as her hammer connected with an undead skull and crumbled it. Unfortunately, she wasn’t enough of a fighter than to know better than to revel in her first kill, and her distraction cost her. The smith grunted as zombie claws met flesh, tearing their way down her left sleeve and leaving it in tatters.

Knowing better now than to continue treating the battle as a game (despite how fun the dracomorphs had made it look), Kova turned on her attacker, swinging it in an arc that had designs on ending in the creature’s face. ((Kova to attack: 8 + 5 = 13))

-----------------

T’tan was mildly surprised at the ease with which the first zombie crumbled, thinking that perhaps he didn’t need any weapons apart from his fists after all. As two others fell upon him as abruptly as the creatures could, T’tan let go of the effort of thinking for the moment, and let his body react as it saw fit. The first zombie’s grasping attack was thwarted with a backhand swipe from his armoured right forearm; the other was thwarted by an identical block with his left forearm.

As the zombies shuddered to a halt, the young bronze-rider recognized the work of the poison, and did not hesitate in finishing them off, aiming a punch at the face of the nearest zombie ((T’tan to attack: 19+2 = 21)) and carrying the momentum of that attack through to aim a kick at the chest of the second ((T’tan to attack: 12+2= 14)).

((Yeah, I wasn’t sure on how effective the poison would be on zombies, it was just the most realistic special I could think of for him. I’ll add in rolls for Philippe’s aura and mention of the blood rain for T’tan in my next post...I think I ended up one round behind everyone else. ^.^’))

Edited, Oct 30 3:57AM.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

((From now on, if I (remember to) tell you how many are attacking you can you please roll an attack for each one (if you want to go for all of them). If I don't mention how many roll a d3 for how many and then the d20 for each hit you make. Gonna spice (or complicate) things up!

DRAY! Is Helion immune to other fire attacks? If she is, ignore the HP penalty I just gave her. I gave her a grace subtraction from the HP that should have been dealt (50% off). With this rain falling and healing characters each turn, I don't really like being too nice any more. lol))

[[DRAY & STARFYRE]]
Helion's talons not only pinned the feline to the ground, but the force of her impact on landing, and her talons racking it's easily torn, decaying flesh killed it instantly. ((2 points Helion)) However, Liukari had already released a plume of fire toward the same feline. The flames engulfed Helion's already firey form ((-4 HP to Helion)), charring the undead cat with them...

[[DRAY]]
Acha's new blade proved the worth of it's delivery as she sliced at the three zombies that had tried to attack her. All three fell to the ground in a bloody heap at her feet. ((1 point Acha)) As she reveled in her new strength from the salvaged blade, two more humanoid figures scrambled over the gather table toward her. One launched it self at her from the table-top only to grab at her shirt rather then soft flesh. Her armor prevented the talons from racking her skin. Forward momentum carried the zombie back to the ground. It let go of her thought she did stumble. Her stumble saved her from the slashing fingers of the others zombie, however. As she righted her balance, the first zombie tried to stumbled back to his feet.

--

Cwynnanth's fiery breath seared the four birds from the sky easily. ((1 point Cwynnanth)). But the kept coming at her. Two more dived at the hydra queen with gurgled screams but they missed, whirling back to try their luck again.

[[STARFYRE]]
((Rieno gets full HP restored..I think he owes his brother. lol)) With Rieno leading the charge into the fray, the taller anthro took down two zombies with one swing. ((.5 points Rieno)) Behind him was Reno - and two more zombies that leapt from a nearby table. Both made for Rieno, hissing and snarling like rabid animals. As they landed on all fours, both snarled and lunged again for the tall anthro.

Before them was the Lower Cavern's entrance - but the Rift spread from one edge of the wall to the other and just as wide. The Undead poured from both sides of it. There was no escape this direction.

[[LINQUE]]
Kova's success was short lived even as her hammer smashed another zombies face. ((.5 points Kova)) Lurching forward, two more took the place of the one. Yet their wild, grasping swipes went wide as they reached for her. Determined, they both lumbered around and struck out again.

--

The last two Zombies fell. ((1 point T'tan)) But this was just the beginning of the young bronze-rider's fight. The next two were jerking as if their legs and arms hardly worked. But they moved with quick, determination born of an unsatisfiable hunger. One leapt at T'tan but the young man ducked, then quickly dodged the next attack easily. Hissing, the two zombies stumbled over each other to turn around, one swinging with it's arms while the other launched itself at T'tan, intent on latching the fang-invested mouth on the bronze-rider's throat.

((Linquie, where are these to? Lower Caverns or in the Bowl (aka Gather Field)?))

[[Segarra]]
Trying to remember everything every rider who had given her lessons had taught her, Cynte took a wild stab at the zombie attacking her. The blade cut the creatures throat and it fell back, screaming while rotting blood poured from the eroded veins. Gasping, not only because of the fight but because of the stench of these things, Cynte barely noticed that her save haven next to the upturned table was hardly save anymore. Without M'len to protect her she found herself cornered by three more reeking creatures.

One swiped at her, catching her arm and drawing blood. ((-4 HP Cynte...ouchie)) Crying out she nearly dropped the knife as she clutched at her arm. In her head, Seune growled at her. Quite being such a pansy! the wolf chided. Fight! But she ducked to the ground as the next two made for her. Her ducking allowed them to miss and she crawled, wishing she hadn't worn the sharding dress, closer to the wolf and the end of the table.

--

A blast of ice magic shattered the air as Seune let go a blast toward the first hound. As his companion was propelled back several feet in an onslaught of frozen spears, he leapt for the wolf. Seune snarled at him, dropping the attack and agilely sidestepping the decayed canine. They circled while the first hound, stale blood pouring down his coat from the ice-spears in his matted hide lumbered forward, determined to kill the she-wolf at all costs.
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com

Post by Guest »

((Kova is in the Lower Caverns but fairly close to the entrance with the ominous rift in it; T'tan is I think technically in the Bowl? In my mind he's fighting not far from the Weyrling Barracks...

Edit: Ah. I can see why the last post was likely confusing, with Ceroth commenting on the action. I'll just cut that bit out...I was writing in a bit of a rush, heh.))
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

((I don't mind taking the damage! Cwynnanth has so much HP compared to my other characters, that I'll let you know when she's getting low! I think that Helion's immune to fire; hers isn't the kind that she shifts around and controls, it is just there in the same amounts all the time. She isn't related to the half Sira clutch; Phe gave her to me as a birthday present, if I remember correctly. I suppose that it's the force of Liukari's magic attack that would cause the damage, rather than the fire itself?))

Helion shrieked with the force of the magic that smashed into her, bowling her off of the corpse and crisping her fur. It was lucky, then that her body took matters into its own hands to heal herself! ((15+3=18, Helion heals 1d6 (so I rolled 4) damage. XD)) "Watch where you throw that around, I thought you were going to get yourself killed!" she exclaimed, shaking off the pain and turning her attention towards the rift. "We need to get to the Lower Caverns before we can get out of here."

---

Acha whirled on the zombie that was closest to her, body steeped in adrenaline. She had never been in a fight for her life before; everything up until now had been training! ((19 + 5 and 14 + 5 for the zombie attacks!))

---

Snarling from some of her smaller heads, Cwynnanth tried to pick off the two that were going for her eyes. She had ever so many that she'd prefer to protect! ((10+2 and 6+2 to attack the two crows!))
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

((Current HP: Liukari: 11, Reno: 10, Rieno: 11))

Liukari cursed under her breath as Helion came between her magic and the undead feline - dear heavens, let the stupid firebird not be killed by that! She knew what Acha would say if she had to admit to accidently killing Helion, and it wouldn't be 'sorry Acha, I seem to have killed one of your friends by accident' 'oh, that's alright, I forgive you'. No, it would probably be more in line of Acha trying to carve Liukari's heart from her chest with that dagger Liu had thrown her way. Not how Liu wanted to end this day.

Luckily, it seemed the other was more surprised by it than injured, and Liukari breathed a soft sigh of relief as she got a tongue-lashing about watching where she threw her spells. With a grimace, Liukari pointed out, "I hardly had time to check every direction for a would-be rescuer. If you didn't notice, that thing was moments away from putting its claws in me."

She, too, turned to gaze at the rift when Helion mentioned it. The Renos were behind that, in the Lower Caverns... She had to trust that, seasoned mercs that they were, they were fine.

Liukari shook her head, "I doubt it's any better in there than it is out here. And I don't particularly want to try and walk," she glanced at Helion's wings and amended, "or fly, through that blackness. Let's get to Acha. We shouldn't have split up to begin with."

So saying, Liukari gathered her magic to herself once more and started off towards Acha, ready to blast any undead that came between her and her goal.

((Liukari, attacking: 9, 12, 8 for flaming death -- feel free to use as many or as few of those as you want))

"Shit," Rieno growled as he skidded to a stop not far from the rift that the undead were pouring out of. The portal was firmly seating in its place, leaving not a crack or cranny for two anthros to squeeze through. "We gotta go a dif'rent way, yo, ain't no gettin' out this way."

So saying, he turned around and absently backhanded tho two zombies that were 'sneaking' up behind him with his rod, before his brother could do more than ready his bat to cave in heads.

Reno sighed and settled his bat over his shoulder again and looked around, his eyes widening as he took in the sight of a girl swinging a great smith's hammer around. It took him a moment to recognize her, but when she paused for a moment, her face clicked in his mind, "'ey, there's 'at kid with th'plane. Mebbe she knows 'nother way out, eh?"

"Eh?" Rieno craned his neck in the direction his brother had indicated, then shrugged, "Iffen yer sure. Lead th'way!"

"Gladly." Reno smirked as he brought his bat down from his shoulder and began another charge across the battlefield, heading towards Kova.

((Reno, smash things in way: 4, 12, 16 - use as many or as few as you want, Rieno, smash the two sneaking up on him: 10, 15))

Post by Guest »

((Current HP: Kova: 10, T’tan: 12 | Rolls w/Philippe’s aura: Kova: 2, T’tan: 15))

Kova took a quick step back as two shambling creatures took the place of one, using the resulting free moment of their failed assault to try and sort out a revised means of attack that could deal with two targets at once. She found herself out of time before she could come up with any sort of tactical advantage, and after swallowing past a new lump of fear in her throat, swung her hammer hard at the nearest of the two zombies. ((Kova to attack: 8 + 5 = 13))

-----------------

T’tan’s body moved with ease to avoid the next two assailants, his large frame deftly dodging out of the range of grasping hands and gaping mouths. He felt wetness on his face, and for a brief moment wondered if he’d avoided their attacks as completely as he’d thought; a quick glance around revealed that it had begun to rain, though the droplets on the newly accumulated snow seemed far too dark to be natural. As the pair of attacking zombies came around for their next attack, the bronze-rider found himself feeling a little less prepared than before, perhaps having misjudged just how quickly the ungainly-seeming beings were able to move once they’d sorted themselves out.

As an uncannily timed boost of added courage warmed his heart, T’tan found his confidence renewed, and dealt with the more imminent threat first and not a moment too soon; he launched his fist at what remained of the bridge of the creature’s nose as it dove for his throat. ((T’tan to attack: 20 + 2 = 22)) For the other he tried for a lower attack, dropping down to the slushy ground and sweeping one leg toward the flailing zombie’s legs, hoping to connect and send it and its dangerously thrashing arms to the earth. ((T’tan to attack: 13 + 2 = 15))
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

(( :? Sorry, guys, I have the next round done but I have no inspiration to write it out right now. Some RL crap came up and I can't concentrate. Probably a lameish excuse but I would rather be beating up zombies in DDO to get some frustration out. I'll get to. Hopefully tomorrow after work. *wanders away to dark hole*))

Alair WolfKeep

Post by Guest »

(( :( No need to rush Yakima. Kill all the DDO zombies you need to! Hope things look up for you soon.))
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

((Segarra))
Clutching her arm, Cynte struck at one of the zombies (( 7 )) Cynte tried for the other two zombies and whatever she could sink the blade into (( 13 and 10 )). Now would be a good time for her to be saved, she thought. She was never meant to be a fighter. And fighting Thread as a completely different story! Seune! Help me! she cried.
--
Seune was still locked in combat with the two hounds. The first leapt at her just as the second did. A blast of ice magic was shot straight toward the first (( 15 )). Then she crouched before meeting the second in a mid-air brawl, her teeth aimed for it's throat. (( 16 ))

((Okay, throwing out the zombie warriors now...if they seem to be dealing too much damage or two hard, I can reduce their stats - otherwise perhaps try to team up. If you can't team up with anyone, ask me two throw an NPC to help you. I have lots of rider's, weyrfolk and riders fighting that will probably try to assist, too. :P Just ask. Or team up with another played character. :P

Another thing for those trying to get INTO the Lower Caverns, or vise versa, I included the map earlier so you can try to find alternate route in if you need to. :D))

[[DRAY & STARFYRE]]
While Helion and Liukari were exchanging heated words from the accident, several zombies jumped from the Rift. They were taller and seemed to be clad in armor. Broken armor but still armor. In their hands were weapons of either ammo, bow, or swords. These were the undead of armies; most probably from the Fall of Astrael. One made for Helion, blade slashing at the phoenix-hydra with no fear of her fire. It missed but was much quicker in whirling for another attack.

Liukari turned just in time to to throw flame at another of these undead warriors. It struck it, burning rotting flesh but not enough to kill it. It continued to run, unlike the shambling stumble of it's lesser kind, toward Liukari, reaching her despite the threat of more fire. The sword slashed downward and caught the flame-thrower with it's blade. (( 4 damage to Liukari ))

[[DRAY]]
Acha's blades sliced through the two zombies easily and they fell with the rest of the bodies littering the Weyr Bowl. ((.75 points Acha)) From behind her, two more shambled up, one tripping over another fallen zombie while another leapt only to grab her shirt and pull her off balance though no damage was really done.
--
Her smaller heads bit into the rotting flesh and pealed them away, their limp bodies falling through the air and to the ground. ((.5 points Cwynnanth)) But from the air, new foes were preparing to drop down on the undead hydra. With a sickening screech, the two draolitches, the fell beasts of the air, dove for Cwynnanth. Both connected, talons racking her sides (( 4 damage total )) on both directions before veering back up to attack again.

[[STARFYRE]]
With their weapons hitting their marks easily, Reno and Rieno carved a path toward Kova. The two trying to sneak attack Rieno fell with two well placed hits (( .75 points Rieno )), while one warrior like zombies leapt for the charrigon who struck out at one only to miss. Likewise, the warrior took aim with his rifle, though it would no longer fire it made a good blunt weapon, and struck Reno with it. ((-4 HP))

[[LINQUE]]
The zombie fell, balance knocked off and upper body smashed. Though it was still alive for a time, a green rider made sure it was dead before, giving a final nod and darting off. ((Kova did actually kill it so .5 points for her)). It was the last one that swung at her, only to miss, as she was sparing a moment for the green rider.
--
The first zombie fell to T'tan's well aimed punch and it fell with a broken neck. The second let out a scream as it fell to the mud-and-blood covered earth, the rain draining the last of the life from it before it lay still in a crumpled heap. (( 1 point T'tan )). Meanwhile, two other zombies had leapt for T'tan only to fly over him when he fell to the ground. Hissing and snarling in their gurgled language, the two whirled once again to face the young bronze-rider.

[[Segarra]]
The first zombie dodged her attack, jerking backward from her swing. But Cynte's second two fell to the ground in a heap next to the table. Lunging, the other zombie managed to catch her in his hands and drag her down, biting and clawing at her throat. ((-4 points to me again...))
--
Seune's blast of ice magic crystallized the first hound and it shattered into fragments of ice. Her teeth sank into the other zombie, and, despite the putrid taste of foul blood, she savagly shook the undead body several times before tossing it aside. (( 4 points Seune ))
Last edited by Yakima on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alair WolfKeep
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Helion, surprised by the onslaught, reared and shoved at the blade-wielder coming after her with her claws (15) before attempting to douse it in the flames of her feathers. (8)

Even if Acha were trying to get back towards Helion and Liukari (she was!) they were all in the thick of it, now. She noted the blasts of fire coming from her friends, but only in a peripheral way; surrounded by a sea of undead, Acha was too busy fighting for her life to really be able to team up with the other two! She slashed at the upright zombie (1 XD) while trying to kick the head in of the one that had stumbled. (11)

Between the stinging, pelting rain and the fell-beasts, Cwynnanth was in a mighty temper. Shrieking from her lesser heads and giving forth a hideous roar from her main one, she banked away from her two attackers, looking for a place to land that was close to the caverns but not littered with innocents. Finally, giving up, Cwynnanth passed low over the gather field before dropping to land outside of the Weyrling Barracks. :: Come around! :: she snarled at her bond, who had been struggling towards the Kitchens to begin with. Keeping several sets of eyes raised to the sky, Cwynnanth was prepared to flame anything that tried to drop on her. (3, an RP roll rather than an AP one, I think!)
((Also, just wondering if Cwynnanth got any points from those crows she killed, since I'm keeping a tally going as we play. X3))
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

((Fixed my previous post for Cwynnanth's points. Just incase I forget, here are the list of points (though I don't tell you what level the zombies are...))

.25 Points
Zombie Lvl 1
Zombie Lvl 2
Fell Beasts - Small Birds (crow sized)
Fell Beasts - Medium Birds (hawk sized)

.5 Points
Zombie Lvl 3
Fell Beasts - Large Birds (eagle sized)

(I skipped 1? o.O)

2 Points
Zombie Litchen
Fell Beasts - Hounds
Fell Beasts - Feline (linx sized)
Fell Beasts - Feline (tiger sized)
Dracolitch - least (komo dragon sized :P...with wings)
Dracolitch - lesser (very small USC sized)

3 Points
Zombie Warrior - Lvl 1
Zombie Warrior - Lvl 2

4 Points
Zombie Warrior - Lvl 3
Dracolitch - greater (small USC sized)

Of course, I think I was generous with the points so, yeah. *shrugs* :P))

Alair WolfKeep

Post by Guest »

Kova nodded in return to the green rider who had made sure the last zombie was staying down, silently wishing the rider well in the rest of the fight. As the remaining zombie lurched for her, Kova swerved out of the way rather gracelessly, and then raised her by now gore-caked hammer for its next attack. She swung it with more force than she’d previously been able to manage, finally starting to feel like she was getting the hang of wielding the smith’s tool as a weapon. ((Kova to attack: 12 + 5 = 17))

----------------------------------------

T’tan sprang back to his feet as soon as the next two zombie attackers landed in front of him, then frowned, not liking the setup he was faced with. Unless he found an efficient way of dispatching them both at relatively the same time, he was at risk of being attacked by one while he dealt with the other.

The decision was made for him as one zombie was assaulted from behind by a large furred form; Kaitae lunged for the back of the creature’s neck, lips peeled back in a fearsome snarl. ((Kaitae to attack: 15 + 3 = 18))

The young bronze-rider flashed a grin as he found his momentum and ran at the remaining zombie, spurred on by the arrival of his closest friend. “Took you long enough,” he said, then checked himself a bit too late as his footing became uncertain in the slush; his run ended in a skid and a desperate flailing backhand toward the zombie’s face with very little strength behind it. His muscles were a bit too preoccupied with keeping his balance rather than backing the attack. ((T’tan to attack: 2 + 2 = 4))

((I guess T’tan’s lucky streak had to end eventually. X3

Kaitae Tatan:
HP: 12, AP: 3, RP: 2, AM: 1, RM: 2))
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

DRAY
Helion's first attack racked the unprotected flesh of the zombie (W2), causing blood to spill from the wound. It ducked her next attack then lunged, striking Helion on the side with it's blades. (4 damage Helion).

--

Acha's first attack missed the one zombie(L3) while her kick sent the second backward, where it didn't move again. (.25 pts Acha). The first that she had missed lunged only to miss, slipping on something.

--

A single creature arrowed down toward Cwynnanth but this fell beast had more then just talons and teeth at it's disposal. It was half the size of the hydra-queen, and it had been hovering in the darkening clouds with other of it's brethren during most of the fight. This was what was called a Dracolitch Lord for they had higher intelligence then the others lesser of it's kind, and directed them. But this one was more curious about Cwynnanth then anything. She was undead but not on their side. As curious as it was about her, it let out a shriek and sent a gout of black magic toward the queen. While Cwynnanth didn't notice the incoming attack, it missed her and rebounded against the earth, sending others around her flying through the air. The dracolitch veered and flew up again only to turn back toward the hydra queen.

LINQUE
Even as Kova's hammer smote a zombie, several more lunged at her - five total. She whirled to face them only to have another figure leap forward, between her and the warrior-like zombies. The man, a blue rider, began to fend them off. He was skilled, killing four and injuring the last before the injured zombie's blade took his own life. Above, a dragon screamed and went between. With the blue rider dead, the warrior zombie (W1) turned to Kova, and lunged...

((ha, I just realized you finally have your wolf in the fight. Yay! :D))

The wolf's jaws tore the flesh open, but it was the lunge that killed the zombie (( .25 pts Kaitae)). As the monster fell to the ground, the winged wolf landed on top of it, giving it a final shake before turning to his bond.

T'tan's hit missed horribly and the zombie turned to attack him only to miss as well. As both gained their footing, they faced off once again.

---------

(okay, I think it's time to start wrapping it up. Shard, Xalia, and whoever else had wanted to join in, you're still free to do so but it seems to be losing momentum and I'm kinda board so I'm gonna kick it up a notch. People might want to start pairing up into teams, if they can. :D)

Even as people fought, the battle still raged within the center of the Bowl between two single combatants. What many failed to notice at this point in time, with the arrival of the warrior-like undead, was that the lesser of their kind was starting to vanish from view - to take those killed and drag them back toward (and into) the Rift. And from the dark, cold maw a low growl as beginning to stir. Even Aenon and Jarel knew nothing of this sound or what it could belong to.

Others were still arriving, answering the distress call sent out by those fighting or those trying to hide from the carnage in the Lower Caverns. Several of these were from Treval, but other's from the Nexus were answering (after all, how often does one get to fight the Undead?) But Tabyen had noticed the help coming, and new of the powers of some of the other dragons and people around the Nexus. His power grew and suddenly exploded - a barrier was set into place around the Weyr.

Now, none could come to aid - and none could leave. "The life in this Weyr shall be mine," he snarled to the weakening Philippe. "And your life will be the greatest trophy of them all!"

Philippe-Amarion snarled and threw a curse at him with the flick of his blade. The battle continued. Soon, the fate of all those locked in the Weyr would be decided.

((If you want to join, you still can, just do a quick entrance post before Tabyen's seals the Weyr. This seal prevents teleporting out, too. I should have had him do this earlier, given his intentions but...er...I forgot. >.< :P ))

Alair WolfKeep