Dray's Chat Night Points Bank and Boutique!

For databases, charts, and FAQs, but don't forget to regularly back things up to your own files!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Dray
Dracolich

Dray's Chat Night Points Bank and Boutique!

Post by Dray »

(Putting together a log for myself to keep things straight, what with points and me being disorganized! XD)

Points to Date
(Free-Floating points can be assigned to any number of characters who has participated in any role play night. They stay in the 'Free-Floating' pool until used to purchase images and alterations.)
(Red asterisks (*) indicate points assigned to characters whose templates cannot be altered. These points can be swapped out to other characters who have participated in any role play night.)
(Gold asterisks (*) indicate points assigned to characters who do not have templates. These points are stuck to the characters, but with enough points the character can get a new image drawn, which can then be altered in the future.)

Aireona
Free-Floating: 5 points
*Shaine: 3.3 points
*Vir: 3.3 points
*Haroruu: 3.3 points

Cacopheny
*Atnynvus: 4 points

Jess
Free-Floating: 10 points
*Magdenai: 3.6 points
*Omon: 13.6 points
*Selien: 13.6 points

JKatkina
Free-Floating: 7 points
*Terra: 7 points
*Neisande: 4 points
*Lahande: 0 points
----
Spent 20 Points from Neisande on Major Token: image redraw of Neisande
Spent 17 Points from Lahande and 3 points from Free-Floating Pool on Major Token: image redraw of Lahande

Phoenix
Free-Floating: 15 points
*Gavin: 14 points
*Gavess: 14 points
*Rhakarndi: 21 points

Shard
*Baeris: 0 points
*Kalkin: 0 points
*Atrocity: 0 points

StarFyre
Free-Floating: 15 points
*Snaedis: 11.3 points
*Rohegukess: 18.3 points
Penopir: 3.3 points
----
Spent 5 Points from Penopir on Minor Token: Lightning Amulet

Xalia
Free-Floating: 10 points
*Garskit: 10 points
*Rifande: 20 points

Yakima
Balthazar: 4 points
Kesukiath: .6 points
*Aenon: .6 points
*Jarel: .6 points

Points Boutique
Basic Tokens
5 Points: Smaller tattoos, small jewelry like bracelets or necklaces, and other little changes to a template.

Moderate Tokens
10 points each: Larger tattoos, metallic filigree attached to the body (metallic tattoos), glowing wire attached to the body (glowing tattoos), more complicated jewelry, cosmetic changes such as horns, spikes, piercings, claws, fangs, etc. Custom cyborware or alterations to an image may be offered, including be-spelled alterations that will offer a boost to stats for future dungeon crawls.

Major Tokens
20 points each: Heavy tattoos in the regular fashion, glowing wire or metallic filigree; armor in silver, gold, white or black; cybornetic body additions such as tail extensions/additions, hover packs, extra limbs (all in the same colours as the armor!); Bespelled, stats-boosting armor in silver; A redrawn image by Dray of one of the participating characters (dragon or human) without other modifications; a dragon template image of your choice; Other heavily modified alterations (ask!)

OMG Tokes
35 points each: A redrawn image by Dray including a Major Token prize; a template of your choice in .psd format including shading and 2 patterns (these may be a redraw of your species, or a mated pair's offspring)

Backlog!
(*=Colouring, *=Inking, *=Sketching)
*-Yautjamutt Template-
*-JKat's Neisande Template Redraw (No Mods)-
*-JKat's Lahande Template Redraw (No Mods)-
*-StarFyre's Penopir, Add Amulet-
-Open-
Last edited by Dray on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:02 pm, edited 10 times in total.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Hey, can we sign up to use points in this thread? :D

If so, can I sign up for a Dray-draw of Neisande and Lahande together (with eventual room for Terra to be added -- I only need 2 more points to achieve that, arg! XD)?
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Yup, you can ask for stuff in this thread. I'm only leaving the five slots right now (and will open new spaces once I get the xenodragons et all finished up!)

Do you want the two of them together in one image, or do you want them separate for each page? Also, d'you want them with armor on, or not? Also also, from Phe's species info page:
Phe wrote:Yautjadragons do not believe in frivolous decorations. Tattoos are the only modifications they will accept, since it is a sort of ritual of pain to be endured.
Just for future reference!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

What about tokens that we'd gained in the past, but never got the chance to use? (for instance, on a xeno)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

They weren't for the RP nights, so I'm hesitant about 'em, though if I did give them out in the past I should probably not keep shirking them. What clutch were you talking about?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I think I have a couple minor tokens laying around from long ago, since I only ever cashed in one or two and couldn't use the extras on the birthday one... ;) Off the top of my head I can't recall specific pages. I was just wondering in general. I am also running on 1 hour of sleep, since it was so damn hot, and now it's morning and they're disassembling a mobile home nearby so it's too loud to sleep ... ugh... *keyboardface*
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Hah! XD Well, I know that bonding tokens could be exchanged and given around and such, so if you find something that you would like, perhaps PM me or email me and I will try to get them done on the side, since this thread is up mostly to encourage folks to greed over RP. XDD
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Hahahah! After monday I don't think there's any doubt :D

I'll dig around my pages and see what is sitting around. I want to say Pearla Tiki has something, though addled I might be just thinking of that page because I've looked at it recently.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Pearla is from a BWR clutch, though, I think, and I didn't give out tokens for them lot. XD Only the Star City ones, so they'd have to be reeeeeeally old!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

It's on her page though - not her, but the next batch I went for with Max's second little miscreant friend. :) Anyway let's stop clogging your thread. :) I will look back through things to see what I may have missed. (I did also find tokens from that one site hunt long long ago....)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Hey folks, here's an update with all of the xenos that people have bagged, save for the facehuggers! (I'm working on those next, and will include a new update for 'em when they're done!)

Shard
Warrior
Warrior
Drone
Burstling
Face Hugger
Face Hugger

StarFyre
Warrior
Warrior
Warrior
Warrior
Warrior
Drone
Face Hugger | Burstling
Burstling | Drone
Burstling | Warrior

Aireona
Warrior
Face Hugger

Jess
Face Hugger

Phoenix
Burstling | Drone
Burstling | Drone
Burstling | Warrior

Since the xenodragon is done, I can open up the queue for reclaiming points! Woot!

Xenodragon Information

Naming: Xenodragon names are up to you, they always end with an 'ss'. Examples: Aldass, Temoress, Flyss, Venonss

Stages and Castes: Facehugger -- (infant stage, size varies from 3' long to 9' long) an eight-limbed creature which latches onto a host, injecting an egg into the host's chest. While the egg is attaching to the host's body, the facehugger remains tightly wrapped around the host's face, its tail around the host's neck, and the host is kept alive in an unconscious state. Once the egg has been securely implanted, the facehugger drops off and dies. The host retains no memories of the implantation and may resume normal functions for anywhere from a few hours to a few days after the incident. Face huggers do not possess a connection to the hive mind, save directly to their queen.

In vivo (no image): The egg grows within the host's chest cavity, absorbing from its host genetic data which will help to form its adult stage. In the case of this hive's xenodragons, colours and patterns will pass on, though the adult stage will look similar from host to host.

Burstling: (infant stage, 1-3' long) Anywhere from several hours to several days (occasionally weeks) after implantation, the egg has grown large enough to leave its host. In the form of a snake-like burstling, the xenodragon will break directly through the host's chest and out into the world. Its first priority will be to find shelter. Burstlings can secrete around themselves a resinous solid that acts as a cocoon: over a period of several days (up to more than a week) the Burstling will transform into its adult form. Burstlings do not speak, however they possess telempathy, meaning that they can express their emotions. Different burstlings possess different tones to their 'voices', eg) a clear, bell-like fluting, or jagged, glass-grinding. These tones can be expressed through any of the five senses.

Drone: (Adult stage, 13-17' at the shoulder) Drones are responsible for the maintenance of a hive. If the drone isn't operating in the presence of a Queen, it will generally obey the most dominant creature that it deems part of its hive. Drones possess vary-coloured armor but their base is generally tinted brown or cream. Drones come in three ranks:
-Drone, Low: Low-ranking drones are sent to forage for food and hosts. Often considered expendable, they operate as day-to-day scouts. Not much responsibility is asked of them, and if a low-ranked drone does not return to the hive at any point, it is usually written off as an acceptable loss.
-Drone, Mid: Mid-ranking drones tend to the hive's many corridors, often building and maintaining resinous tunnels and through-ways. They will often be seen around the entrances of hives, expanding territory. Mid-ranked drones are valued for their devotion and work ethic.
-Drone, High: High-ranking drones often tend to the Queen, to hosts, and to the eggs that the Queen lays. They keep vigil on hosts that have been suspended from Hive walls and provide burstlings with safe places to pupate; they also are charged with moving eggs from their laying places to their prospective hosts. High-ranking drones rarely stray far from their queen unless bid to do so with urgent business.

Warriors: (Adult stage, 13-17' at the shoulder) Responsible with defending the hive, expanding contested territory, and subduing dangerous potential hosts. Warriors will assume dominance if no Queen is available; to gain the loyalty of a Warrior as a non-xenodragon Queen, a bonder/charge will usually have to assert dominance either in a mental sense, or in a physical sense. Warriors carapaces are vary-coloured but their bases tend to be grey or black. Warriors are also ranked.
-Warrior, Low: Low-ranking warriors often scout out contested areas and explore regions that foraging Drones are reported to be missing from. They range fairly far and wide from the Hive, and are considered expendable. The information that they bring back can lead the Hive to shift attention from one part of its territory to another.
-Warrior, Mid: Mid-ranking warriors defend the Hive from intruders, and will occasionally be sent out to expand the Hive. They are more deadly than most xenodragons, being the mobile war-force used to acquire large numbers of dangerous hosts.
-Warrior, High: High-ranking warriors defend the hive's inner dwellings, as well as the Queen. While they are mobile in that they may accompany mid-ranked warriors in battle, they are often kept in reserve to defend the Queen.

Genders:
Xenodragons can be male, female, or neuter. Typically, the ratio of neuter xenodragons to gendered is more average amongst drones, and rarer amongst warriors. Genders are up to you!

Abilities:
-Telempathy (Burstlings): The burstling can express its emotions, but can not speak in words. It's 'voice' is tinted with some other sensation, which can range from the five senses.
-Telepathy (Drones, Warriors): The xenodragon can speak mind to mind with words. Its voice tends to retain the tint that it possessed at birth.
-Acid Immunity: Invulnerability to acids. The xenodragon's blood is highly acidic, and can instantly eat through metal.
-Mindstream Communication: The ability to communicate with all other xenodragons in existence.
-Resin Secretion: The ability to produce a hard, glossy resin that can be used as a building material, mostly for hives and cocoons.
-Wall-Climbing: The ability to climb and stick to any surface with ease.

Breeding:
When xenodragons live in a hive with a Queen, only the Queen breeds, and then she tends to produce eggs without actually going through the act of reproduction. It is the implantation with the host from which her minions achieve genetic diversity. The minions reproductive urges are suppressed via pheremones and hivemind communication.

Xenodragons not under the sway of a Queen may have a dominance struggle. Rarely, the winner of this struggle will undergo a molt to change caste to become a queen. When this happens, the same form of breeding usually occurs as above.

Xenodragons that are bonded to a non-xenodragon Queen or who do not come out with a clear Queen may sometimes breed like true dragons, either rising in flight or having a battle for the right to breed. It isn't clear whether this act is instinctive or symbolic, as the female of the breeding pair has rarely been noted to lay eggs without proper fertilization. Rarely, a xenodragon will breed with a non-xenodragon to produce viable, half-breed offspring. It is unclear how this occurs, though most offspring are either culled by genetic incompatibility or cultural taboo. (Aka, I'm not sure that there are actually any half-xeno offspring out there, but if there are, they'll probably be very odd!)
Last edited by Dray on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Myrsilk FaceHuggers
It seemed as though the entire station had been cleansed of the aberrations that had survived the recent Hive infestation... or so its denizens believed. They had missed a small nest of Facehuggers who, in their silent, long-surviving ways, had not been connected to the Hivemind; they were operating silently, holed up in guest quarters in a waiting nest of doom to come!

When a posse of Myrsilk arrived at the station to help rebuild, they would find their stay to be rather shorter than they'd ever imagined... but the facehuggers' duties would be fulfilled, at least!

(I'm not sure if StarFyre has all of the Myrsilk images done yet, but these are the ones that are ready to go!)

JKatkina
This lovely lady didn't know what hit her -- but you do!
Some days later, to her companion's mounting horror, this 'little' monstrosity appeared!
(Yes, its size compared to the other bursters is indicative of how BIG it is.)
This burstling is almost as large as a Sandworm (You know, Beetlejuice?) so you're going to have a tricky time getting it off of the station... but I'm sure you'll find a way! Adult image to come once these are paged!

Phoenix
You'd have thought she'd be more... manipulative and able to escape, but alas!
Now THAT'S a blood-worm!

Shard
Doesn't seem like he had much of a chance...
Bam!

Again, once these are paged and given a personality, I'll make the adults (which are very very large, by the way; just to warn you!)

Next: the facehuggers caught from the crawl!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

The facehuggers have been updated in that list o' pickups! Now that I'm done them, there are two open slots if anybody would like to claim some tokens.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Holy craparoli! :D HUGEburstlings are HUGE! :D I love love love mine and my other guys, they're so ... glossy and vivid!

So ... now I need to find some ... expendable dragons for those face huggers, eh?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Oh dear god, SANDWORM-SIZED? XDDDDD Oh Jeebus, inflicting that on Gavin is going to need a dedicated RP scene! XD ::plotplotplot::

Gorgeous! XD
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

AIIEE. XD Cripes, having a hiveling bigger than the hive-queen is going to be hi-larious and AWESOME.

Bwahahaas. XD I feel bad for the myrsilk lady, but she is sacrificed to a good cause. Say, do the burstlings retain any of the personality or memories of the host?
Image Image Image Image
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Hahahaha, wow those are frackin huge. Did anyone else want hugger-bait Myrsilk? Also, Dray, do I get a free one too? =P If I do, I think my Knux-chocobo gets to die a horrible, horrible death..

Phe, I feel really frackin sorry for Gavin at this point =P The poor man! Having a xeno that size isn't gunna make him much more popular!

Dray! Mod request - Minor token, Penopir, adding in her new amulet please?
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Well, maybe not sandworm sized, but they are larger than humans!

For the other Facehuggers, whichever you choose to be hosts I will attempt to bring over some colouration or patterning to the burster/adult. Whatever the 'armor' colour of the facehugger, though, will be the base of the burster/adult!

Ability to retain memory/personality is up to you! There was no especial indication of such a transfer in the movies, but then those weren't able to communicate, so you never know! I'd expect that any personality traits that would lend well towards hunting and violence and tactics would be emphasized.

StarFyre, your teal 'hugger can be used on the chocobo! Any Myrsilk-based bursters are extra, on the side. (That means that I'll make a custom 'hugger for Jess' Myrsilk as well and she can use her other on something else if she wishes!)

I'll add Penopir to the list! ^_^
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

O.o I wasn't expecting that XD

Would you like me to post my Myrsilk here for you to use? I think I finally decided who to use, though neither of them is paged yet >.>

I am working on that though XD
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Oh god, she's huge! XD Gavin won't even have room to KEEP her once she molts! Time to buy out that next-door suite and plan some expansions....

http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/S ... athass.htm
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

She'll probably have to live on the flight deck, it's true. XD Dratted Myrsilk!

For the big guys, if you guys would like to crop or re-size and link to the original, that is perfectly acceptable. If you would prefer a jpg with the background attached, let me know (and send me the background image, if necessary!)

Phe, here's your adult! I'm going to try to post an image here, apologies if it breaks pages; if anyone is having trouble, let me know and I'll change it to a link!

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Jess, I forgot to answer your question! If you can post the Myrsilk I'll post a facehugger and burstling for you, yep!
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Huuuuuuuuuge! And BEAUTIFUL! ::greatly enjoys being able to scrutinize all that detail up close::

Thanks so much, Dray, and StarFyre too! 8D
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

O.O That is a BIG xeno!

my Myrsilk victim >.>
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Jess
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

lolmassive. :)

Now I have to wonder where in the world I'd be able to put MINE... o.o Healing Den's not big enough even if it drifts off into realspace.

Do.... do any of these possibly have elemental Myrsilk magic? :D hahahahahahah!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Oooooo, pretty purple burster! Yay :)

I am working on pages now... assuming the waether doesn't knock my net out >.> big thunderstorm just popped up!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Shard wrote: Do.... do any of these possibly have elemental Myrsilk magic? :D hahahahahahah!
FFFFFFFFF! THAT'S THE LAST THING THE UNIVERSE NEEDS!

But seriously, I would be greatly amused if true.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Going by canon as expressed by xenodragons in the Nexus, abilities are only inherited via breeding. Hosts only affect coloration and physical characteristics. X3
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Ditto what Phe said! Now, if they were half-Myrsilk BRED monstrosities... >_>"" Which I suppose is now possible since there are xenos big enough to do the deed...

ARGH WHAT HAVE I DONE?!