Avengaea Roleplay (Pre-bonding Character Interactions)

Bring your characters to life!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Ansel flicked his ears back, then forward again, then gave another feline 'shrug'. ::Beats the living daylights out of me,:: He said with amusement, ::Mom and dad think it's because they're both shifters, and because mom was already a crossbreed.:: He lifted a front paw and shifted to extend it towards Kinsi, flexing the little wyvern-like wing so that it was fully spread in all its five-inch glory, the silver membrane spread taut. ::Mom has wyvern wings, which fossa don't have in nature.::

((Hey, don't worry about posting. I'm actually probably going to be in the kitchen a lot today, baking cookies and pies and stuff because we can and the hubby wants to. =P Good enough reason for me!))

Treya took another bite of her fruit, and offered a piece of meat off her plate to Kyar, who had shoved his head into her lap and was looking up at her pleadingly. Mrrak, not to be outdone, came up behind her and rested his chin on her shoulder, sniffing at the food she was eating to see if he wanted it. Finding it to be fruit, he gave a snort and nudged her with his snout, demanding where Kyar had pleaded.

"Are Necromancers always bad?" Treya asked as she offered a piece of meat to Mrrak and the Growler gently took it from her fingers and bolted it down. "I've never met one. They mess around with the dead, don't they?"
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

"Well, I don't think so but the ones I heard stories about on Sentra made me believe they were." Asher frowned, his eyes gazing toward the people around him in the room but not really seeing them. "They deal with the dead, yes. And souls and the undead. Tayenden isn't one but his cousin was, the most feared of all Necromancers. He died though, and just as well. According to what the elders at the plantation I was born at told me, it was his fault our race was enslaved." He scowled, stabbing some greens with a bit more force. "Everything is so messed up on Sentra. It's like the war will never end. Jarel learned necromancy just to escape slavery. His friend, Aenon, is part elf but he grew up with necromancers, so Jarel said. I've met both, including Tayenden's friend, Tabyen who is a powerful necromancer. Honestly," he said, taking a deep breath. Talking this much for him was never like him and he was realizing he probably said to much. Truthfully, how much of his home planet would people want to know anyway. It was just a messed up planet. "I'm not sure about necromancers. Though their are a lot of us, elves and humans, that are glad the High Prince is dead. He started this mess, he died trying to fix it, according to what Tayenden and the others told me."

He sighed, looking at Tiro. "The only thing I feel sorry about for Amarion was that he had friends on Pern that still miss him. I don't think they really understand necromancy or what happened." Tiro looked up at him, licking the juice from his lips before yawning widely. He looked back at Treya, giving her a sideways grin. "Guess our planets are both a little messed up. People trying to kill others and whatnot. War is stupid. I hate wars!"

[[And what Asher doesn't know is that when he moves to Treval he'll join their war! mwahaahaa And you can send me some cookies if you end up with to many *smirk* I could use some...............]]
Last edited by Yakima on Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Galasthornen let the books settle into his arms as he followed after Belaria, towards her rooms.

"No harm in being interested in the world," he told her. "I did quite a bit of research on this planet and its people before I came. It pays to be prepared, and I think each place has something different teach us." Realizing that he was being preachy, Galas trailed off.

It felt strange to be so far away from his own people. Of course, he had spent some time on other planets, far from the Alliance, but always with his friends. The Co'ana's constant song had faded to little more than a whisper, and Galasthornen, was slightly uncomfortable having no connections to anyone else around him. With only his own emotions and senses to go off of, he felt certain that he would be involved in some sort of social blunder sooner or later. He would just have to be careful.

"I'm from the Testasodo," Galas told Jelnai after they had walked for a bit. "Ur... in Common it's the Federational Alliance, but that's a rough translation of its real name. I think we have a few Alliance-born dragons running around in the Nexus... though I haven't seen any here."

"There are alot of good stories about bonding in the Nexus," the Elf added. "So, yeah, I came out here in the hopes of finding a bond. We'll see if I make the cut." He chuckled.

"What about you two? Where are you from?"
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Kinsi smiled, "I come from an 'unconventional' union myself, though both my parents are Dakani. They were from different circles of society. But I think it's pretty awesome that you're so unique."
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Treya was listening in fascination to Asher's explanation, occasionally feeding tidbits of meat to one or the other of her Growlers as he spoke. It never ceased to amaze her how similar different worlds were, in the end. There always seemed to be disagreements, fighting, and war, no matter where one looked.

She fiddled with her food for a moment, then got up the courage to ask, "Do people always turn to war when they disagree with one another? Why? It is stupid." It had been something she'd been meaning to ask Flikk for a while, but never really got up the courage to do so. After all, he spent his life going from war to war (fury, she was going to as well, since she was a Devyr now, also), so she wasn't sure if he was the best or the worst person to ask.

((We're making chocolate chip, snickerdoodles, and some sort of orange spiral cookie that looked good. *sends digital cookies Yakima's way* Course, with an address, I suppose I *could* pack some up and ship some off =P If you'd like.))

Ansel ducked his head at the compliment, not really sure how to respond to that. The other children at Akelara had more seen him as either an 'easy' target, or someone to simply deal with, while the Devyrs and the Flares had simply accepted who he was, never really commenting on his uniqueness. For them, it was simply a fact - Ansel was a beast during the day, so they had to make certain allowances for that, and certain other allowances during the night for his human form, just like they made allowances for the fact that Taisthen didn't speak and Rohir hid in the shadows most of the time.

"See?" Flikk commented, continuing an 'argument' from before, "People like you, if you'd just give them, and yourself, a chance."

::Shush, I'm busy hoping my beast can't blush,:: Ansel shot back, thankful that Flikk had 'saved' him from his own awkwardness.

Flikk chuckled, "Learn how to take a compliment."

Now Ansel was on more solid ground. ::I will when you will.:: He said with a feline grin and a mental chuckle at Flikk's mock-annoyed glare as the man went back to eating. Ansel turned back to Kinsi, ::But... thanks. Flikk's right, I guess. I don't usually hear people saying they like my beast-form. They usually just see it as... as a handicap, I guess. I can't do things that people take for granted while in this form, so people assume that I can't do anything.::
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

[[lol no, that's fine. but I do appreciate the thought. XD]]

"I think in this case it was fear," Asher said quietly. Then took a deep breath. "Tayenden didn't tell me anything but since he's royalty I do believe him. He said that before the war the humans had landed on our planet as settlers so they began to trade with them. However, because of the High Prince's actions (he was using dark magic) the humans got scared and attacked. Because they are scared of the elves using magic to revolt against them, we aren't allowed to learn any form of magic." He frowned, holding the glass of water and looking at it. "Sometimes, I think it's fear that causes most wars..." his voice trails off as he recounts his conversations with Tayenden and the always-energetic Jarel Redwood of Treval. Yes, he thinks. That makes sense. Fear...

Fear was a very strong emotion that every person had to face. And once that fear was overcome, a new one will always take its place...

[[hope Asher isn't getting boreing...lol]]

Alair WolfKeep
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

"Well, at least you know when you're going to shift. I have absolutely no control over my ability it just happens whenever it pleases and I don't think any of the other forms I've taken were able to carry on a civilized conversation," Kinsi smiled ruefully, but she looked a little disheartened.
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

((Don't worry about it ^^ I actually think this sort of thing is fascinating, and Treya's all about trying to figure people out, since she grew up without much in the way of human interaction outside of books and her memories of before age 7))

"Hmm... so, like any animal, people lash out at things they fear?" Treya could understand that. She'd learned long ago not to press when animals were terrified, or else she was likely to get bitten, scratched, or otherwise mauled. "They're like... like a hive of bees. Poke them and they all come swarming forth, ready to take anything on."

::Sunrise and sunset,:: Ansel said. ::And, if I really want to, I can force a change back to human during the day, but it's... it's painful. And disturbing for people who watch, because it's not... well... smooth in the slightest. When I say 'force', I mean it.:: His tail flicked and his fur rippled in a small shudder. He hated shifting during the day. It felt like he was breaking and setting every bone in his body, sometimes repeatedly, and the pain caused him to lose concentration, and progress, at times.

::I'm lucky, though,:: He said thoughtfully. ::My father is a lion during the day, and a human at night. He can't even force a shift to human during the day like I can, and he doesn't have telepathy except with his bond. So, during the day, he's a mute animal with a human's mind.::
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

[[lol well it's a pity I can't find her someone better to tell here stuff like this. Tayenen or Jarel would be better. Asher was just a slave and Tayenden has 'all the answers'. *facepalm* And if you want, I'll give you the whole background of it...:P I have a feeling you're not very familiar with my Falas characters anyway so i won't feel so stupid....heh...]]

Grinning, Asher nodded. "Yes, humans are not much different from animals, actually. Nor elves. Fear drives us do do many things, especially if we're faced with the greatest fear that is instinctual to all living creatures - life." He frowns, his gray-green eyes growing darker as memories come back to him. "When one is about to die fear can make them do things they should not." Shaking his head he looks at the young girl and can't help but smile. "You relate to animals best, I take it," he says.

[[can't remember if she's told him about her past and the living on her own thing but, yeah...if so, sorry...off to bed. Laters!]]

Alair WolfKeep
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Following along behind Belaria, Jelnai thought about what Galasthornen said, both about his researching Avengaea and about where he was from. She had never heard of an "Alliance", but that didn't mean a lot. Her clan didn't take a lot of stock in news from off-world. Glancing at the elf, she answered, "I'm from Malnev. I have no idea how big it is, or even much outside my continent, honestly. I don't know if many of us could tell you that. I know there is an island kingdom, but I don't know much about it. We haven't got a lot of technology, and not much, if any magic. About the only tech we really keep up is our space port. And the islanders don't know about that."

She paused for a moment, thinking, then continued. "There are no native humans or elves, just pan-thar like me, wolv, lyynx and faax, possibly beyr. There used to be dragons; though there are rumors that they have returned. Lots of other creatures. The continent we live on is ringed almost entirely by steep mountains and cliffs; it is said that to outsiders, it appears to be impassible, which is why we haven't been bothered by the islanders. After being here though, and learning so much about other cultures, even in the short time I have been here so far, I think once I get back, I want to explore and see just what our world holds. People, lands, everything. Maybe I'll find a bond who likes exploring too."

Eying the books spread out between the three of them, she asked Belaria, "Are all these for classes you're taking? Or are they for fun?" Jelnai had never been able to read for fun; there hadn't been that many books available to her, or opportunity to read, before.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

((Yeah, I'm not that familiar with your folks at all, and I'd love a history lesson. It's so fun to look at what others are doing ^^ And no, Treya's been relatively careful about what she says, cause she's not all that sure how Asher would take it, but since he mentioned it... sorry if this is a bit dry ^^;; ))

Treya smiled back, then nodded at his implied question. "Yeah, I've been on my own since I was seven. I could read already, so I taught myself a lot, but some things I just... don't really understand." She frowned and glanced down at Kyar's head in her lap, then absently stroked it. How much should she say? "Back about eight years ago, my Clan... well, all Myrsilk clans, were destroyed." She shivered, eyes distant as she remembered that night. With a shake of her head, she drew her attention back to the present, and extended her right arm across the table, pulling her sleeve up further to better show the curving scars that entirely covered her arm and up onto her shoulder (and probably onto her back, judging by the way the scars seemed to continue). "I don't know who did it, but someone cast a spell meant to destroy everything related to the Myrsilk... the dragons themselves, their bonds, and the families of their bonds. Uhm... law of contagion? I barely survived, because I hadn't had much to do with them, and because my own magic countered some of it."

She grew quiet, staring down at the scars. "After the magic came these... creatures. I knew them from lore, but apparently only the Clans on Second Home remembered those stories, because when I asked the Myrsilk at Akelara, they didn't know. An ancient predator, indigenous to First Home, that hunted the Myrsilk without fear. They called them the baishu, and the Song says that the baishu were destroyed." Treya looked up at Asher, hints of remembered fear flickering in her gaze, "But I saw them, and Rana died fighting one off. And... I think the things that have been plaguing Akelara lately are baishu as well, though... they don't really match the details given in the lore that I recall, so I don't know...."
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

"Hm, I'm not sure if that's worse than what I go through or not. When I've shifted in the past I've /become/ the animal. It was a fight to remember that I was a Dakani and not actually the animal I'd shifted into." Kinsi shuddered and her voice was hushed when she continued. "I do know I don't want to do it again..."

Belaria smiled slightly as she listened to Jelnai's response. "And I'm from Avengaea so it sounds like you already know a lot about my home."

She turned left at the next branching and looked behind her to make sure they weren't getting lost. She didn't really think they would, it was more habit from her youth, always afraid she'd walk too fast and lose the people she was with. At Jelnai's question she grimaced. "Mostly for classes, but then I take classes for fun at this point so you could say they're mostly for pleasure. I've been here so long I've taken almost everything, but I can't quite get myself to go home. I'll probably have to if I don't have a bond after this ceremony though. I can't imagine they'll want to keep supporting a perpetual student forever!" She grinned, but she looked decidedly embarrassed, coloring slightly and hugging her pile of books a little tighter.
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

"Your world sounds quite interesting to me, Jelnai," Galas said. Belaria's books were actually quite heavy, and he was beginning to see just why so much of the Testasodo's information was digital. Saved on paper and muscle strain. "So many different species. Are they all sentient?" The Elf had been to several worlds with different sentient species, and he had grown up in a mixed community himself, but such mixtures were intrinsically interesting to him. The Co'ana made it possible for Galas and his people to relate to eachother, but how other creatures managed it was something of a mystery to him.

"I don't think that there's anything wrong with being a life-time student," Galas told Belaria. "As long as that's something that you want to do." He shrugged.

"Who knows when your knowledge might come in handy," he smiled at her. She seemed a bit embarrassed about her current situation, and Galasthornen couldn't really understand why that was. If she wanted to stop being a student, surely her people would allow her to do that.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

"I'm sure your bond will find you this time, Belaria," Jelnai assured her new friend. "They have probably just been waiting to grow up enough to bond! I don't blame you for taking classes for fun though. Just from the few classes I am in so far, I will probably stay a while, after the ceremony, to learn some more."

The thought of learning even more about things outside her own world was an intriguing one, and had her tail twitching in excitement. "I still have a lot to learn at home, of course; I hadn't even been assigned a rank to train towards before I left. Partially by choice; my clan didn't see the one thing I felt an affinity for as a rank by itself, and none of the others appealed to me at all. So my grandfather convinced my parents to let me go explore offworld." Her eyes narrowed as she remembered those last few weeks before her grandfather's intervention; she had not been happy. She flicked an ear at Galasthornen's question a moment later.

"Sentient? The ones I named are, for sure: pan-thar, wolv, faax, lyynx and beyr. We all live together. At least, every clan I know has at least a few members of each, except the beyr. No one on the continent knows for sure if any of them still live. The dragons were, of course; probably still are, if the rumors of their return are true. I hope I can find out the truth someday." Jelnai wished she knew more about the island kingdom; she remembered something odd about the way it was run, but not any details. "Are there many sentient races on your world?" She had almost included Belaria in that question, before she remembered that Belaria was from Avengaea, and would probably be insulted. Or at the very least, think that the pan-thar was sleeping through her classes!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Ansel had to think about that for a moment. On one hand, it was rather annoying to be forced into a specific form just because of the time of day, but on the other, at least he and his father kept their rational minds when shifted, even if his father couldn't talk.

::I thought shifters tended to keep their minds when shifting, no matter which form they took,:: Ansel mused, ::I would think losing that is worse than being forced into a form at specific times. I mean, I'm not capable of some things, but I am still me. Even if you won't recognize me after the sun sets.:: He added with a bit of amusement. One thing slightly confused him, though, ::But, if you can't remember who you are, how can you shift back?::
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Belaria smiled at Galasthornen's response. "Oh, no, I think you misunderstood. I don't think there's anything wrong with being a life-long student, just that there will likely come a point when I either run out of things to learn or the Sanctuary gets tired of me hanging around waiting for a bond that won't come." She smiled at Jelnai then, but there was an air about her that the smile was forced and her voice sounded uncertain and sad. "I certainly hope so. The classes have served a second purpose of keeping my mind off how long I've been here, but I really do love to learn. I sure didn't when I first came here though, I just wanted to bond and set off with my friends to discover all those things we only read about in school!" Belaria chuckled, and her smile seemed a little more genuine. She was eager to change the subject though so she asked Jelnai, "What do you mean you weren't 'assigned a rank'? I thought rank was something that was usually earned."
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

((Blah, I'm so used to posting responses for Kinsi /then/ Belaria that I hit send too soon... XD ))

"It's not so much that I can't remember who I am and more that it's very difficult. Whatever animal form I shift into comes with all its instincts intact so I don't have to learn to use the new body. I just have to tap into what it already knows. Like I shifted into a big bird of prey and I didn't have to figure out how to launch myself off the ground or how to catch a rising thermal and soar higher, but I had to resist the bird's urge to kill my companion who shifted into something that would normally be prey for the bird." Kinsi shook her head, a little amazed that she'd been able to figure all that out. "It felt like...like the bird's brain had so much information already in it that there wasn't enough room for my consciousness to do more than be a passenger unless I really concentrated hard. Which is really not one of my fortes..." Kinsi looked abashed, but she smiled ruefully anyways.
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Ansel chuckled lightly at Kinsi's expression, then shook his head, ::I, on the other hand, had to learn this form from scratch, since I was born in it. By night, I had to learn how to balance on two legs, by day, four. And oh, was my mother so pleased when I stopped needing to nurse.:: Ansel gave a rueful chuckle, then continued, ::On the other hand, it means I'm really not sure if I know everything I'm capable of. I didn't figure out until I was eleven that I could climb trees like a fossa, for example.::
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

"Well," said Kinsi, looking more comfortable to be back on the topic of Ansel and not herself, "at least since you like to explore, exploring your own abilities shouldn't be too onerous a task."
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Jelnai's world was sounding rather interesting. So many different species living in harmony was quite a pleasant exception to the universal norm of waring peoples and cultures. Of course, Galas was sure that the Pan-thar's planet was more complicated than his peaceful vision of it, but any group of species that managed to naturally live together in peace deserved some credit.

"Do you people mind visitors?" Galasthornen asked. "I'd like to meet some of your people." He smiled bashfully at her, and hoped that he didn't sound to forward. He couldn't help himself though.

"Where I come from," he finally said. "There are lots of different sentients. Strength in numbers, and survival by variation- we try to unite as many species as possible... the universe is safer that way." He could have gone on, but decided against it. The last thing that Galasthornen wanted to do was bore his new friends.

"How long have you been waiting to bond?" The Elf asked Belaria. "And if you don't mind me asking- what happened the first time? I mean, I know everyone doesn't bond every time... but I was under the impression that most novos were pretty likely to bond. Is that untrue?" The Human's story was putting an edge of worry on Galas' thoughts. What was he going to do if he didn't bond this time around?
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

((The IC reason why so few bondings happened for a while was that the parents of some of the kits at the Complex were writing in with concerns, having heard about the speeded-up aging of bonded asandae, and that started up a bit of a political situation, so most of the kits were told by their parents to hold off bonding until things were sorted out... but I don't know that much of this would have been communicated all the way to the novos themselves, so Belaria can know as much or as little about that as you'd like, Xalia. :3 ))
Image Image Image Image
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

((Aha, this didn't light up for me, for some reason, until Jkat posted. Sorry Xalia))

::Oh, it's not too bad,:: Ansel remarked with a flick of his tail. He sat back on the seat he'd claimed and began to groom his face in a very feline manner. ::There've been days that I've cursed my existance, but between the Flares, the Devyrs, and Snaedis, I've plenty of people to run to when I get in trouble or want to whine.::

Flikk snorted and shook his head, taking another bite of his food before deigning to respond, "How you could ever take to running to Snaedis I will never know."

::Hey! Verbal paws off my xeno-saviour. She likes kids,:: Ansel shot back, sticking his tongue out at Flikk.

"For breakfast," Flikk deadpanned.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Belaria frowned, "I've been waiting about four years. I don't think that's normal. I'm sure exactly what was going on, but I got wind of some sort of political issue that meant fewer kits were choosing bonds. If that's the case, them going back to the old method of having several kits choose at once is a good sign. As for why I didn't bond at the last ceremony, well, I'm not sure, but as Jelnai said, I like to think it's because my bond wasn't ready or I just didn't meet them. I spent the whole time talking to two kits. One who really didn't want a bond and the other chose my friend." She shrugged and tried to smile. "Only the future will tell what happens."

Kinsi looked confusedly back and forth between the two of them. "What's a xeno-savior?"
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Flikk took the opportunity to respond before Ansel could, a flash of amusement in his eyes as he spoke. "Ansel's putting a polite spin on things. Snaedis is what the Nexus worlds would call a 'xenodragon', she's about twelve feet tall at the shoulder, thirty feet long, no eyes, a strangely shaped head, and has a nasty temper." Flikk mimes the strange, flat-faced, swooping head of a xeno when he mentions it, at a lack for the words to describe the odd creature. "Xenos are typically looked upon as... pests at best, menaces to be destroyed at worst. Snaedis is a bit on the tamer side, but even she's unpredictable at the best of times, and her hive is large enough to pose a threat to anyone who pisses her off."

::She's not that bad!:: Ansel exclaimed, ::After all, she taught me how to hunt, and speak mind-to-mind, and she works with the Flares often. She just can't stand the Myrsilk and many of the other members of the Clan.::
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Attn: Starfyre (Treya)

Post by Yakima »

Asher nodded, seeing the fear in her eyes almost as clearly as his own. Because of it he turned away. He never liked that heightened sense of his race - being able to sense and see, even feel, what others feel just by looking at their eyes. It was creepy. "That's terrible," he said quietly. "I'm sorry...In Sentra the war is over...but Tayenden at Falas seems to have quite a different story..." He looked at her, pausing until he felt like she wanted to hear it. Perhaps, he thought, it may take that fearful look out of her eyes if she heard about our story... "This is what I've learned from Tayenden. Slaves don't get to know much history, even of their own race..."

[[sorry, i'm sure you want me to continue but as long as no one minds, I'll have Asher start this then have someone else show up to give a much clearer account if that's okay...It may be easier for me because I like details and Asher really should know as much as I had him saying...Tay would be better, he's the kings' student right now. heehee And I think my young, black-haired elf is due for a visit to an old friend anyway...I need to get to be though so...]

Alair WolfKeep
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

((Nah, I don't mind ^^ Go ahead and bring someone else in. And I just realized that Treya's 'subjective' time (that this all happened 8 years ago) doesn't match up with Myrsilk 'official' time - officially, it's been seventeen years, even if only eight went by on Second Home. Lol timelag.))

Treya looked back down at Kyar, thankful for Asher giving her a moment to compose herself. She was interested in what he had to say, it was just... she could still remember the fear of hiding in the dark, clinging to Kyar while Mrrak and Rana fought off the baishu, hoping, praying that another one wouldn't come find them.

When he began speaking again, she looked back up at him, her head tilting ever-so-slightly to one side as she listened intently. Treya liked learning, and this seemed like something that should be learned, even if she wasn't part of Asher's people or world.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Kinsi's eyes widened at Flikk spoke and not even Ansel's assurance that this xeno-thing was 'not that bad' didn't reassure her. "She sounds....menacing. I'm glad she taught you to speak, Ansel, but still, if she has such a bad temper aren't you afraid she'll get mad at you and lash out?"

((Poor naive Kinsi... XD She thinks everyone should be happy or at least even tempered all the time... :P ))
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

((Naive indeed ^^ She'd go insane at the many and varied personalities in Akelara =P Or even just the Devyrs, really. Silly mercs.))

Ansel shot an annoyed look at Flikk, then huffed, ::So she's a bit tempermental if you pester her. She's fine so long as you get to know her moods, and even at her worst, she won't attack you unless you start it.::

"Mhmm," Flikk responded as he took a piece of bread and used it to mop up the various juices left on his plate. "Tempermental, unpredictable, and a Queen of her own hive. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt - after all, the Myrsilk don't approve of me, either - but she isn't exactly the sort I'd want to share living space with for more than a few days."

Ansel gave a great sigh and resumed cleaning his face with a paw, ::To be honest, Snaedis can be intimidating, but so long as you come in peace, neither she nor her hive will attack you. If she doesn't want you around, you won't find her, and if you've overstayed your welcome, you'll find yourself politely escorted to the edge of her territory and told to not return for a while. There is truth in what the Myrsilk say, that she won't do anything unless it somehow benefits herself as well, but 'benefit' is a loose term to use. She taught me to speak because she wanted to know why a little cat-thing was constantly sneaking off into her territory. She taught me to hunt so I wouldn't be defenseless in her territory and constantly need watching.::

"Why's she work with the Flares, then?" Flikk asked, "Knowing Shonakasen, I'd expect them to get along like two Queens... not at all."

::Curiosity.:: Ansel answered firmly, ::And you're right, she doesn't work with Shonakasen except on rare occassion. It's, uh, safer for all involved.::
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

"Long ago, which was about 400 years I think, the elves and humans got into a big fight. Over what is unknown but the humans' army came south and attacked the capital city of Astrael, burning all the villages and towns along the way. Astrael fell and the elves were dragged back to the north to be slaves for the humans and..."

"Is that anyway to tell a history, Asher Wren?"

Asher jumped in mid-sentence at the harsh tone behind him. But the grin that the man wore was amused. It took a moment but he finally laughed. "Tayenden! When did you get here?"

"Oh, about an hour or so ago," the black-haired elf chuckled, tucking the riding helmet under his arm, the gloves flopping out like dead fish in a bucket. "Stopped at the last place I knew you to be staying then was directed to here. What are you doing here? Though you were staying with that Tiaos fellow?"

Asher managed a grin. "Well, Tiaos tricked me into staying here and into standing to bond here, too."

Tayenden only raised his eyebrows. "Really now..." His smile was quite and a bit secretive but he said nothing more. "Well, good luck. The Asandae are not like the dragons of Pern, nor a fire-lizard, for that matter," the younger elf said, gesturing to Tiro who was sprawled out on the table, sound asleep. "Pleased?"

"Except for the baby talk," Asher muttered.

"He'll grow out of it, I promise."

Asher suddenly remembered Treya and seemed to jump. "Oh, sorry, Treya. This is Tayenden Hawkvale, one of the riders who saved me when I arrived on Pern. He's a dragonrider. Tayenden, this is Treya. She also is here at the Complex to bond."

Tayenden nodded to her in a bow that was more formal and 'trained' then Asher's slave-molded bow. "You may just call me Tay, Treya. This one thinks he needs to be proper with me because I'm of royal blood thus uses my full name all the time." Asher flushed and looked away, poking at his salad again. Tayenden may be younger then he by a few years, but his fight, and training with King Turold probably, too, had aged the young elf into one that made Asher feel very young. It was the magic, he knew. Tayenden's magic was much stronger then he thanks to training he still needed to receive...

[[long post...heh]]

Alair WolfKeep
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Kinsi listened to the exchange with wide eyes. She didn't know what to make of anything they said, so as she ate slowly and the silence began to stretch a bit she wracked her brain for something else to say.

Finally she frowned and said, with a mildly uncomfortable look on her face and stumbling over the pronunciation of such a strange name, "So, this Senaedis? She taught you to speak? How'd she do that?"
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon