Avengaea Roleplay (Pre-bonding Character Interactions)

Bring your characters to life!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Tipping her head to one side, Jelnai considered the elf's question. Visitors? She smiled back, excited to be able to educate someone else, even if it was only from her limited experience. She was, after all, the only representative of Malnev on Avengaea at present! "Well, it would really depend, I think. I doubt my clan would be eager to meet off-worlders, but other clans might be far more welcoming. I know the clans that live nearest the space port are quite willing to host newcomers. I hadn't visited many other clans before I left, though; my grandfather would know if other clans would be welcoming or aloof."

Considering what he said about his own world, she wondered what danger threatened them that safety was provided by their unity. Continuing, she added, "We do have occasional clan disputes, but nothing major. At least, not since I was born. The elders tell tales of warlords who tried to take over multiple clans and large territories, but it has been many years. I think some of the more secluded clans still fear invasion, both from other clans and from the islanders. Not sure why, as supposedly, the islanders don't even know the continent is habitable." She paused, realized her mouth was running away with her, again, and flattened her ears for a moment, before realizing that the gesture could be taken badly.

Twitching them forward again, she caught Belaria's reply. Four years was a long time to wait around, especially when friends who had been there at the beginning were no longer there for companionship. Jelnai felt bad that Belaria had been there so long, with little to show for it, except for an extensive education, but she did't think the girl would appreciate the sympathy at the moment. Optimism, though, was always welcome. "I'm sure you'll bond this time! There will be plenty of kits at the ceremony; I'll bet you end up with several fighting to bond you." It didn't even dawn on her that this was probably not the preferred outcome of a bonding ceremony....

((I haven't forgotten the rank question... she's going to realize she skipped it in my next reply - I'm getting a little wordy >.>))
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Treya had been eyeing Tayenden since he had walked up to the table, giving him the same 'looking over' as she had Asher previously. She watched their interaction with amusement, then nodded a greeting as Tayenden was introduced to her, and blinked as he bowed. She had been going to wait to ask Flikk about it, but confronted with a second person in as many hours doing the same thing, she just had to know.

"Why do you do that? Bend in half, I mean," Treya asked, then gestured towards Asher, "He did it too, but different. Is it something from your world? I've never seen it before."

::Ss-NAY-diss,:: Ansel correctly absently, as he considered Kinsi's question. How had the xeno taught him, and could he explain it well enough to not confuse her further? ::It's... it's a way of thinking. She made me learn how to order and control my mind, and from there you... you think at someone. For me, at least. Focus outwards instead of internally. But if you can't control your mind, people start picking up stray thoughts and things you don't want them too. Like what you really think of their newest hairstyle, or outfit, or something. 'Broadband', like what I'm projecting right now, is just 'thinking at the world', and anyone nearby with telepathy can pick it up. That takes less skill than 'tightband' telepathy, which is talking just to one or two people. For that, you really have to focus. Gives me a headache if I have to do too much of it.::
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

Asher, struggling to explain, was rescued by Tayenden who chuckled. "It shows respect," the younger elf explained. "Asher and I differ perhaps because he was a slave, a servant to another, and it required of slaves to show respect to their master. I've spent far to much time in the royal court of Astrael and in the presence of the King and his court." He grinned. "Come to think of it, I'm not surprised our bowing styles are different," he said, looking at Asher who seemed to be embarrassed and kept his eyes on his almost finished salad. "After all, Philippe took everyone by surprise as his court-manners never faded even after his memory was erased."

"I don't see a difference in it," Asher muttered.

Tayenden chuckled again, one hand behind his back while the other kept the helmet tucked safely next to him. "Yes, only slight. This girl has a quick eye," he smiled at Treya. "The farther you bow down, or bend in half, as she put it, can make a difference in court."

[[Tay probably only bowed a few inches, while Asher does bend a bit more. Heh...now, hopefully Treya will catch the bait I laid out for more things that won't make sense...*smirk*]]
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Kinsi looked intrigued up until the point that Ansel said "But if you can't control your mind, people start picking up stray thoughts and things you don't want them too," at which point she colored. Once he was done explaining she laughed, but there wasn't much humor in it. "It sounds easy, but I'd better not try it. It's a good thing I don't know how or you'd probably be picking up stray thoughts all the time with the type of mental control I have."

She frowned and looked away, trying to cover her discomfort by grabbing a large fruit of some kind and taking a rather juicy bite.
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Galasthornen couldn't help but chuckled, at Belaria's reason for having to wait so long. Of course, after the fact, he supposed that might have come off as a bit rude, but he was quick to explain himself.

"I'm sorry," he said. "It's just that, where I come from, most of the dragons won't bond at all. Those with Nexus blood have their own world, and they guard their hatchlings until they are adults. Even the ones that have to bond will only bond with their own. We have a few native dragon species as well, but the only ones that really bond regularly are the Testasodo Hyre, and the connection wears off with age."

"I had thought that such political and cultural halts on bonding didn't happen so much out here in the Nexus," he went on. "But I guess they do. Maybe it's a good thing. I'm sure that once you do find your bond, it will have been worth the wait." The elf shrugged. He was a personal believer in destiny, and thus Galas suspected that Belaria's experience would only serve to strengthen her in the future. She certainly seemed to have a strong personality to have remained at the bonding complex for four years, waiting for a dragon that she wasn't sure would ever come. That was a kind of persistence that Galasthornen didn't have. For an elf, he had very little patience, and when things didn't work out, he searched for new ways to get what he wanted.

"Sounds like there is a bit of tourism on your world, Jelnai," Galas added after a moment. "Is it considered part of the Nexus, or is it else where? I have been looking through the political schematics of Nexus space for the last couple days and I really still don't understand it."
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage