DragonFlight Redux

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

DragonFlight
Dragon

DragonFlight Redux

Post by DragonFlight »

So....yeah.

Couldn't bear to rekindle my other updates post on account of it mentioning my job which I no longer have.

Here's the deal.

My computer and scanner are still massively flaky and I can't afford to replace either of them yet. I'm also still depressed and upset over my job situation, especially since it's currently out of my hands and totally reliant on some guy picking up my file and giving me approval, amidst all the other potential backlog in there. No further details.

Anyway.

However, I have salvaged the last-year Halloween stuff I was working on, and am trying to finish that, though like I said, it's hard to get myself motivated right now.

--------------------

In other news, I have questions to pose to the Nexus.

I am currently working on two projects. The first is pulling together the materials to start some craft-style work, specifically involving stained glass designs and some woodworking on the side in the future.

If I were to do some stained glass style designs on glassware, like glasses or plates or such, how many of you might be interested in purchasing them? I'm not asking if you will, but rather, if you had the available funds and one of the designed caught your interest, /would/ you be interested? I'm going to be trying this out on eBay to start once I have something I'm happy with (and finish my dishwasher tests) with some stuff like florals or celtic knots and what have you, just to see what will happen.

My next query is regarding a computer game project of mine. After getting hooked on a number of click-and-grab style browser games before, I had some ideas to put together a sort of game myself. The focus is more on breeding, in my head anyway, and I'm currently working on the login and security system while I design out the game parts. It's going slow, but it's going somewhere. Anyway, the question here is, would you be interested in playing a browser-type game involving things like breeding supernatural or unusual creatures? My plans will include hidden stats, secret genotypes, a way to sort of hunt down wild creatures and tame them, and some other stuff I'm still considering. Would that be of interest?

--------------------

Back to the details on the Nexus itself, aside from trying to finish that very belated Halloween material, I'm going to be trying to bring my characters and stories back online. Thanks to everyone who has put up with the fact that my website has been worse than awful for quite some time. ^^;;;

In order to sort of get my ideas flowing again - as I stopped in the middle of redefining my world-setting-material, especially the massive epic fail during ArtSlam where I couldn't remotely get my scanner to work and just gave the hell up in a fit of depression - I'm going to try to post a sketch at least once a week, and a text blurb defining something about my world-design. There probably won't be any particular order to it, but I will certainly try and field questions and such that people ask, if they have them.

--------------------

That's all for now, wish my luck, cause I'm gonna need it. @_@
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*hugs* Here's hoping things get better for you soon.

To respond to the stuff you've mentioned here:

If I had the available funds, I'd be up for stained glass pieces. My grandmother does stained glass, so I grew up with quite a bit of it around - I'm finding myself missing having pieces around. Course, I'd like to have a house first, which'll be about a year, but that doesn't change my response.

As for the browser game, I'm hesitant to say 'yes' because I know that if you've built it right, I won't stop playing c.c I may not be a student any longer, but that doesn't mean I have infinite free time. =P

Good luck with the world-building stuffs. I'll read it eagerly, and impatiently await more. I need to get back to work on my own world-building... and maybe now that the wedding is over, I can! Snerk.
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

1. Sounds interesting, but I don't have a lot of money myself at the moment, and I have to watch what I spend it on.

2. I *love* games like that. :P I'd definitely try it out, at the very least, though school might be a problem. But yeah, definitely interested in that.

Hope things turn out well for you!
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I'd love to see crafts, though I have a house full of stuff already and wouldn't be likely to actually *buy* anything ;)

As for a game, have you seen Critter Forge? Because it sounds a lot like what you've got in progress. It's a great little game, very pokemon-with-breeding, and I want to steal it for use with Ferilons. :) Might want to check out what they've done, hopefully it'll either inspire or prevent duplication.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

For the stained glass and such, I might be interested, and I have a job (nevermind that it's kind of a low-wage one where I'd have to save for longer to get the same stuff as someone else!) though I'd like to see the design first and have some input on it -- I'm pretty picky about what I like to have hanging up!

I'm in the same boat as Starfyre with the game! I would be more than pleased to breed dragons in such a fashion, though I'd probably wind up being on it all day and then disappearing for long periods of time. XD I'm way more interested in the creatures themselves, and not so much in the stats building or clothing/adornment side of things. Hunting and taming wild creatures sounds really neat; I really dislike games like Wajas where the only way to get awesome critters is to pay $25 or more for them. It's a nice thing for rich house moms, but I can't afford to be paying that kind of money for pixels... I'd be more likely to want to be doing the art for them, rather than GETTING them. XD

In any case, back to the Nexus stuff: the tidbits sound really interesting! I look forward to learning more about your places and people, though my main concern at the moment is knowing that you'll have a database that we can have regular access to, and if you're planning on setting up another place like Sanctuary of the Sun, knowing that it will be online over the course of time. Please don't let your new info get disappeared! I do miss it when it's gone!