Starfall Dragonry - IT'S ALIIIIIIIVE

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Re: Starfall Dragonry - Next Clutch?

Post by Starburst »

No worries, Starfyre :D (Have I mentioned I am so excited to see more out of Evoril and Sepha and the rest of that cast of characters. Because I am. XDD)

I'll probably run a small random clutch, and maybe keep one or two of them depending on interest so I have breeding stock as well. I agree, it probably is the best option. Still have to figure out how breedings are going to work - I don't think they'd be like traditional "flights," where males compete to mate with the female, but I'll have to flesh it out some more!

Watch this space, then XD Off to the generator for some random genotype-making!
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Sarril turned into a bloody seer *whinewhinewhine*, Castia seems a bit more likeable from Sarril's viewpoint, and Marith is... well... Marith. =P

My next story for you will likely be someone Evoril brings back, to be honest >.> I just need to figure out who's interesting enough to get a story written.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Double post ftw: Cerian and Sepha are updated into adults.

*grins* So, when's the next clutch gunna be open, hmmmmmm?
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Any day now. Possibly tonight if I fill my self-assigned quota on this term paper I have due in three days. XP
Molly
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Woot! *waits patiently at Starburst's feet, looking up at her with the cute puppy dog eyes of doom*
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Re: Starfall Dragonry - New Clutch!

Post by Starburst »

Bumping because I've finally put up a new clutch!

http://www.mysticalplace.com/Starfall/dens.html

A small one this time around; 4 eggs, and again they're all randomized from my generator and completely unrelated to one another although technically part of the same 'clutch' agewise. :)
Molly
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Approximately how soon after the first clutch is this one taking place? *hums in thought*
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

I'd say probably about two months after the adoption of the last egg from the first clutch.

Because of time shenanigans due to Starfall being in a different dimension, though, it's totally possible for dragons from the first clutch to all be different ages on whatever planes of existence they reside. Do what you will with that (this detail is mostly for the sake of my own sanity; I'm horrid at timelines, I really am).
Molly
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*snicker* Well, Evoril was mostly hanging around Starfall, except for randomly going back and forth to whatever-his-homeworld's-name-is to check up on things and see if Sarril and the others have returned yet. Otherwise, he's spending the time in Starfall, as it's relatively neutral (in terms of, y'know, higher powers and all... not sure how other Gods/Goddesses would view someone who's effectively a God of Death kicking around in their sandbox as a tourist =P ), has access to the greater Nexus, and gives him a chance to research other worlds in the hope of maybe-possibly figuring out where the frick everyone else landed.

I'm trying to decide who to send... Marith/Castia/Sarril/Evoril are chasing after in World-Ender, so... hmmmm. I wonder what sort of other quests could be going on at the same time. *wanders off in thought*
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

>.>
Your Name: Kitsuneko
Your Email: silver_storyteller@yahoo.com
Bonder's Name: Jayis
Bonder's Gender: Male
Bonder's Page URL: http://darklingdawnpersonas.freehostia.com/jayis.html
Clutch Preference: 3
Egg Number: 4, then 2, then 1
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Post by weyrwomanrhiannon »

I'll have to see if I can whip something up this weekend. I'll be out of town for the holiday and will have too much free time on my hands. I might get one together tonight. I'll have to check up on Asana to get a feel for it before I create someone.
Rider of Gold Alanath, Sr. Weyrwoman of Aneris Weyr
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Quick update on the fly -- eggs #1 and #4 have been claimed, I'll get those images out to the adopters soon!
Molly
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

(Super short storybit this time; coming up to final exams has left me with not a whole lot of time!)

Jayis's heart leaps when he touches the egg. The moment his fingers brush across its smooth surface, he knows that something significant has happened. The caretakers' nods confirm his suspicions. The egg is plain in comparison to its clutchmates, but in spite of its uninteresting colouration, he knows that this egg is the only one he could possibly have had eyes for.

It takes about two weeks for it to show any signs of life beyond its ever-present inner warmth. Midday, it finally begins to shake and Jayis, overcome with excitement, strains his eyes to see beyond the cracks and lay eyes upon his bondmate for the first time.

When he finally does and the shells fall away to reveal a deep cobalt-blue ball of hatchling dragon, Jayis knows his adventure has barely begun.

Name: up to you
Colour: dark blue
Genetic Code: C*cºddMm* - cºc!ddMm - c*cºDDMm!
Molly
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Your Name: Rhiannon
Your Email: glddragon@hotmail.com
Bonder's Name: Kewanee
Bonder's Gender: Female
Bonder's Page URL: http://anerisweyr.webs.com/kewanee.htm
Clutch Preference: 3
Egg Number: 3, 2

She's not quite done yet, but I wanted to make sure I got her in since two of the eggs are already gone. :)
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Good pick - this little one is my favourite out of the batch!

Kewanee's venture into the dragonry has been an interesting one to say the least; although she had expected more strange looks and whispered comments as she walked past, the place is far more multicultural than she expected. Humans still make up most of the population, but she's seen some oddities even more eye-catching than herself: werewolves and shapeshifters, elves, and half-dragons, to name a few.

Her trip to the hatching dens is even more interesting. She has to duck into this particular den, its entrance being rather low-hanging, and is surprised to see the dragonry founder Ariana checking up on the clutch. Kewanee starts, ever-wary of other humans, but when the other woman turns around she does nothing but smile and motion towards the two eggs she has been tending.

She is immediately drawn to a pink-and-black patchwork egg as eye-catching as herself. The electric tingle she feels upon contact and the sensation of warmth filling her body beginning at the heart-center startles her, but as the feeling grows, she feels nothing but comfort. The unborn dragon, she knows, will never see her as a freak or some sort of half-human creature.

The dragon inside wastes no time in meeting her bond: not more than three days after the bonding takes place, Kewanee's little dragon hatches in a frenzy of colour and sound. Climbing to her treehouse to see what the commotion is all about, she is met with the sight of a little lemon-yellow dragonet sitting amidst a pile of eggshells. The dragon squeaks with excitement and rushes to meet her bond, but quickly trips over her too-big feet.

As Kewanee gathers the little one up in her arms and brushes the dust off its hide, she notices that the sensation she felt upon bonding hasn't faded. She's never felt so happy in her life.

Name: up to you
Colour: pale yellow
Genetic Code: C'C~ddMM - C!cddMm! - C'c'DDMm

Congrats! Take your time on finishing her -- I took a few liberties with the storybit here but if you don't like it by all means edit/don't use it. :P
Molly
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

That storybit is awesome, Starburst. It definitely captures Kewanee well, and I love her little sunshiney dragon. She needed a friendly little someone. Her name will be Yialris. I'll get her up sometime this weekend after I've finished Kewanee's story.

EDIT: Yulara is really excited about her new little boy and says she can't wait for the next clutch. She's been working on figuring out the genetic possibilities of her boy and the other two that have hatched.
Last edited by weyrwomanrhiannon on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Augh... *pokes mind with stick* Lesigh, school eats my life.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

No worries, Star; like I said I can easily squeeze in a few more eggs if there's interest! School eats my life too and I totally understand.
Molly
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Jayis's page is updated. I still have to look through the magic types, but I think she'll probably end up with Air...
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Adolescent image for you, Kit:

Molly
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Updated. For the magic type, Air, and can it be on her wing membrane?
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Indeed it can!

EDIT: Rhiannon, here's the adolescent image for you. Totally forgot to post it for you.

Molly
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Yay. She's so pretty. I'll have Kewanee's story finished in a little bit, and then I'll update with the new image. Yialris is going to want Earth magic and could her mark be on her shoulder?

EDIT: I think Kewanee's story is pretty much finished. I'll probably write a little blurb for Yialris' adolescent stage once I get home tomorrow.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Yialris's adult image:

Again, no rush on storybits. I'm thrilled when people write them but don't feel obligated to ;)
Molly
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

I went ahead and put up the last image. Still no new storybits yet, but I'll get there. In other news, Yulara is now slightly obsessed with your dragons and is dying for a new clutch. She wanted me to pass on that message. LOL
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

I'm really glad she likes them so much!

I'm going to open up breedings after the last egg from this clutch is gone, so you guys can start looking at genetic codes and plan pairings if you'd like! I'm pretty excited to work with the genetics and stuff. X3

There will also continue to be periodic "foundation" clutches of wild/unrelated dragons to keep the gene pool nice and diverse. I can also give out unrelated dragons as birthday presents and such, kind of like I made a batch for the Winter Gather. ^^
Molly
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

They're looking great, Starburst! Glad to see more going out!
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Yulara keeps stalking the page waiting for someone else to adopt the green egg. LOL. She's already worked out the genetic possibilities between the three that have been hatched. Well, I should say her boy and the two girls.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Thanks, Dray! Good to see you poking your nose in in spite of life being busy :D

Rhiannon, I'm honestly so flattered to see such excitement surrounding these guys. There are other grown females from the previous found clutch who she might find intriguing to look at, too, in the meantime before breeding actually takes place XP
Molly
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I plan to have Elsus up and out by Saturday. I started just typing his stats page up, and, honestly, if I just wanted to hand you that I can do that right now, but he insisted on getting a story written to, and then he dragged a friend in, and then it turns out that he knows Castia and ran into the heroes before they went to kill the Godbeast, and every time I try to make it uncomplicated he makes it complicated again. Soyeah.

=P Want a stats page? *laughing*