Starfall Dragonry - IT'S ALIIIIIIIVE

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Dray
Dracolich

Re: Starfall Dragonry: Grand opening + eggs available!

Post by Dray »

My little guy has been paged; I'm sorry it took so long to get around to him, I think I was originally caught up on a name and then forgot amidst other things that needed doing. He's here now, and he's named 'Eleodoro Sunwarrior' based upon Tenalic's especially creative vocabulary. XD

http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Tenalic.htm#Eleodoro
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Adolescent image for you, Dray:

If you know what symbol-tattoo you want him to have as an adult but don't have the creative juices to write a storybit about how he decides yet, let me know and I'll fix up the adult image for you! ^^
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Nah, I wrote a drabble in regards to the tattoo choosing, here: http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Tenalic2.htm
(Eleodoro's thumbnail image isn't currently working, but I'll update it when the adult image is done!)
If I could select the Light/Darkness tattoo, I think that would suit Eleodoro perfectly!

eta: Any flights planned? Tenalic's looking for a reason to forestall leaving from Starfall and I think that Eleodoro would be more than happy to attempt a flight. Those rainbow genes are just lurking in the background waiting to do their thing!
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Any particular placement for that tat of his, Dray? I can put it in the same place as Selwyn's but if you don't like that then you can pick a different place if you want too.

And there will be flights... eventually >.> I really do want to run some but there's not a heck of a lot of activity lately.
Molly
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

You know, that's a fair response. I didn't know that tattoo placement was an option! XD Hmm, I can imagine him wanting one either on his thigh like Selwyn, or on his shoulder!

As for activity... yeah. I'm considering how would be best to snag some activity from folks and was considering doing a mass email or something, but I think that having some enticing activities to partake in would be needed, in that case.

Oh!! How about if I create a thread in the 'WELCOME' section of the forum with current activities? That could be one way to quickly advertise what's going on!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*punts Dray forward to make said thread* Actually, I've been considering sending a mass email saying the board's been relocated, just as a heads up. Think I should?

*unganks thread* Star, the story I started to write is turning into a crazy epic tale reminiscent of, say, the game Tales of Vesperia or Crono Trigger, so it'll take a bit longer, but I'm rather amused by parts, soyeah.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Congratulations, then; Eleodoro is officially the first Asana to reach adulthood!

Snazzy!
Molly
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oooh, yeah, awesome! :D I'll have him paged in but a trice!
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

I kept meaning to send someone in to this...and then kept forgetting. XD The weekend's a good time to get it done, I guess.

Your Name: Kitsuneko
Your Email: Silver_Storyteller@yahoo.com
Bonder's Name: Sireen Sislen-Oranato
Bonder's Gender: Female
Bonder's Page URL: http://darklingdawnpersonas.freehostia.com/sireen.html
Clutch Preference: #1
Egg Number: First choice is 6, otherwise, 2
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

There are two eggs left by the time Sireen Sislen-Oranato finds her way to the hatching dens, and one of those two catches her eye like a gemstone in the sand. It is brilliantly coloured with fiery hues of red, orange, and yellow. She can't help but wish that this will be the egg that chooses her.

Touching it sends a pleasant shock down her spine, and she gasps audibly, causing Ariana to look up. Nothing needs to be said - the caretaker nods, and Sireen knows what has just happened. Her smile radiates throughout the caverns. Keeping her composure while giving Ariana a slight bow of her head is the hardest thing she's ever done. She'd much rather vocalize her pure delight. She has bonded.

She treats the egg as if it were a treasure worth millions. It rests on the softest surfaces and is only touched with the utmost gentleness, and when she's especially bored, Sireen polishes the orb meticulously until it shines. And when the egg finally hatches and the brilliantly-orange hatchling first blinks her eyes in the light of the sun, Sireen can't help but think that her metaphor still stands.

Name: up to you
Colour: orange
Genetic Code: Cºc'DdMm! - C*c*ddm*m! - Cc'DdMm

Congrats!
Molly
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Sure...but male or female? There's conflicting info. XD
(Edit) Ah, never mind. Ninja-edited!
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Sorry about that XD I copy-pasted the last bonding post, and forgot to edit the bit at the end.
Molly
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Sireen is updated with her new bond. :D
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Thanks for being so prompt! Here's Cetai's adolescent image; when you're ready for an adult, let me know what tattoo she's chosen and where you'd like it placed on the adult image! :D

ETA: Another mini-update; Starfall has a clutch records page now for reference! The two clutches that have gone out so far (this one and the Winter Gather babies) are listed under Purebred Asana Clutches and the clutch-"siblings" aren't actually related to one another, but in the future it'll be good for people doing pedigrees and all that jazz. There's also going to be an "Other Clutches" chart-set for the Nightsparks and all other future clutches I run that aren't pure Asana. =)
Molly
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

And she's updated, with a story blurb. :D Earth, please, and can you put it her cheek? Like behind the eye/below the ears?
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Cool! Then here you go - hope this looks okay! Thanks for being so quick!

Molly
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I... am dead on my feet (oh sleep/wake schedules, why must you constantly defy human-normal...) but it's finished!

Your Name: StarFyre
Your Email: starfyre@silveredmagic.com
Bonder's Name: Evoril
Bonder's Gender: Male
Bonder's Page URL: http://www.silveredmagic.com/candis/heroes/evoril.html
Clutch Preference: #1
Egg Number: Clearly, the last one left =P
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Re: Starfall Dragonry

Post by Starburst »

((OOC note, that was the best story I've read in a long time. X3 Playing waaaay too much Skyrim and other RPGs made that a pretty great read and god I love Evoril. Hope you like the result!))

He approaches the dragon with more caution than is characteristic of him. Thankfully, the dragon doesn't lash out - instead, the caretaker-dragon simply nods (and is that a smile on its face?) and allows Evoril to approach. He's shaking as he reaches out his hand (what is going on, he's never like this, it's just an egg, by the Goddess) and it's as if Evoril is afraid to touch its smooth aqua-teal surface.

The moment he dips his finger into its warm aura and makes contact with the shell, there is warmth. It starts at his fingertip and courses up his arm more quickly than any warmth he's felt before. It feels unnatural and strange and yet when the contact is made, Evoril finds that he can't take his hand away. His apple-green eyes are wide when he looks up at Ariana, unable to form a word. His mind is overtaken by the energy flowing from the egg.

Ariana smiles - she knows what has happened. "It looks like this one is yours," she says, nodding. "That's a bond you're feeling. Congratulations."

The egg hatches just days later. Evoril's temporary quarters are filled with the sound of rustling baby wings and the skittering of too-large dragon paws as the little one eagerly tries to get used to her physical body for the first time. She stares up sheepishly at Evoril from beneath a mess of the items that were once on the shelves and tables, and he realizes that fate is still enjoying making him its plaything.

Maybe now, though, things will start back uphill for him.

Name: up to you
Colour: dark yellow
Genetic Code: C'c'ddMM - cc!Ddmm! - C*CºDdMm*
Molly
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Sepha is now up http://www.silveredmagic.com/candis/heroes/sepha.html

I had a lot of fun writing that - originally, it was just going to be Evoril making his way back to Caer Erathul after they'd killed Adura, with various flashbacks to the adventure, and then it started to make more sense to write it in chronological order. And originally Marith and Castia were supposed to be just as nice as Sarril, though it was always the plan for Sarril to be closer to Evoril than the others, and then Castia developed a grudge from being back attacked in their first meeting, and Marith took his girlfriend's side over Evoril's and decided that Evoril, while useful, wasn't really someone to buddy up with.

And then Sarril demanded several scenes to get closer to Evoril (most of those non-combat scenes with Sarril, except the Cliffs of Illusion, were unplanned). And... yeah. I'm wondering who to write next, and I think I'll do Sarril (not that I know where I'll send him.)

My muse is still stuck in RPG Adventurer mode, so I suppose I should take advantage of that while it stays! (That's the longest thing I've written in years, and I'm actually pleased with it! Gasp!)

EDIT: Got my Winter Gather Asana up too - http://www.silveredmagic.com/candis/heroes/cerian.html Cerian is a male, and could you finish the genetic code for me?
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

I really want to read more about that set of characters, so I'm hoping you write more for them in the future! (I adore Sarril and how he annoys the hell out of Evoril, by the way. Made me giggle. And now I'm off to play Skyrim again thanks to this, haha.)

On a more topic-related note, here are Sepha and Cerian's adolescent images, and Cerian's finished genetic code. I think I'll be opening up breedings sometime in the near future so you'll all get to make use of these fun codes and strategically breed some rarer colours X3

Updated Code: c'c'm*m*dd - C~c~Mm!Dd - C~cºMMDD
Molly
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Sepha and Cerian are updated ^^
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Super! And whenever you're ready for them to get their tattoos, let me know what they've decided! ^^
Molly
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Ohright, that. Lol, let's see...

Light/darkness on the upper shoulder for Sepha, aaaanndd... Thought on the thigh for Cerian, I do believe.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

StarFyre, I'm still reading through it, but I adore your story thus far. X3 Kudos!
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Bam! Here you go - adult images!

Molly
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Dray: I am inordinately pleased with myself about that story, lol. I'm actually thinking about writing Sarril for the old blood frenzy of yours.

Starburst: Yay, <3. They'll be up later tonight. I just got up, and husband wants to go out for a bit.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

StarFyre wrote:Dray: I am inordinately pleased with myself about that story, lol. I'm actually thinking about writing Sarril for the old blood frenzy of yours.

Starburst: Yay, <3. They'll be up later tonight. I just got up, and husband wants to go out for a bit.
Oh please write more for these guys. They're so gosh-darned entertaining XDDD I can't wait to see what you do with Evoril and Sepha!
Molly
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Re: Starfall Dragonry - Next Clutch?

Post by Starburst »

I know a lot of people have IRL stuff going on right now (including myself), but I wanted to ask about what to do for the next Starfall clutch!

Should I run another wild (random) clutch, or open up breedings? Any opinions? The clutches will be small unless there's a huge surge of interest, either way.
Molly
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

I would totally send in my female if you wanted to open breedings, but I'm not sure how many adult males there are, so another random clutch might be the better option.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I'd say open another random, just to spread out more potential genetics. Also, apologies for not getting Sepha and Cerian up yet *snark* the pages are half finished, but school's got my attention at the moment and it slipped my mind.