Starfall Dragonry - IT'S ALIIIIIIIVE

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Re: Starfall Dragonry - New Clutch!

Post by Starburst »

Stats pages are just fine, Star :) I really love your stories so of course I'd want to read it when it was finished, but stats pages work perfectly well if you're looking to snag that last egg before anyone else can get to it XD
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Your Name: StarFyre
Your Email: starfyre@silveredmagic.com
Bonder's Name: Elsus
Bonder's Gender: male
Bonder's Page URL: http://www.silveredmagic.com/candis/heroes/elsus.html
Clutch Preference: current one
Egg Number: 2

His story will be up eventually, but there's the stats page ^^
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Eek, sorry, totally forgot about this D: Here you go!

The chosen of the last lonely egg in the hatching dens makes his way back to his temporary housing, the egg cradled in his arms like a child. He hadn't expected it to choose him, hadn't expected the static tingle to rush up his arm and then straight into the core of his being, but that had transpired and now... He looks down at the gray-and-green orb. Nondescript, almost ugly little thing. Still, he can't help thinking there was something far brighter and eye-catching behind its dull surface.

Now, he has a bond. An unborn dragon rests in his arms, placing its full trust in him to keep it safe until it is ready to meet him face-to-draconic-face. Elsus finds himself feeling unusually calm in spite of this realization. The warming sensation of the new bond connection with his dragon hasn't faded, and he doubts it will, especially in the days to come.

He was right about the dull egg hiding something far more extravagant. On the day when it hatches, Elsus is met with the scrambling form of a little orange dragon trying to figure out its feet and run to him. He - yes, he, Elsus isn't sure why he didn't know that about his bond from the beginning - unfurls his baby wings for balance, revealing them to be painted with all the colours of a darker-than-average rainbow.

Elsus smiles. It's small, barely noticeable (even though no one is watching), but the hatchling Asana notices it right away.

He hadn't been aware that dragons could grin.

Name: up to you
Colour: dark orange
Genetic Code: CºcºddMM - C~c'ddm!m! - Cºc~DdMm*
Molly
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Post by weyrwomanrhiannon »

Ooooooooooooh, Dark rainbow wings! Epic! He's a handsome boy, Starfyre. Congrats. *waits eagerly for the next clutch*
Rider of Gold Alanath, Sr. Weyrwoman of Aneris Weyr
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Dark rainbow... sounds interesting! :D
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

I see a Starburst online. LOL. *wonders if there's a new Starfall clutch coming* :)
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Re: Starfall Dragonry - Breeding Forms Open!

Post by Starburst »

An update: breeding forms are now open! (http://mysticalplace.com/Starfall/breeding.html)

If you want to submit your own pair or collaborate with another person to make a pair, please feel free to do so! I think we're ready for our first bred clutch. :D Pay attention to genetics, they finally come into play now!

Starfyre, here's your adolescent image for Tigel:

Molly
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Hmmm, might as well.

Your Name: StarFyre
Your Email: starfyre@silveredmagic.com
Male Dragon's Name: Cerian
Male Dragon's URL: http://www.silveredmagic.com/candis/heroes/cerian.html
Male Dragon's Colour: White
Male Dragon's Genetic Code: c'c'm*m*dd - C~c~Mm!Dd - C~cºMMDD
Female Dragon's Name: Sepha
Female Dragon's URL: http://www.silveredmagic.com/candis/heroes/sepha.html
Female Dragon's Colour: Dark Yellow
Female Dragon's Genetic Code: C'c'ddMM - cc!Ddmm! - C*CºDdMm*

Also, Tigel's now updated.
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Woohoo... breeding.. Kitsuneko, Yulara wishes to know if you'd be interested in breeding your Orresh with her Brown Ildiyant. She thinks the pair has the greatest chance of diverse, yet pretty babies.

She has a whole spreadsheet of these things. If you need help, Starburst, I can give her your email addy. LOL
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

YES. Yes I am. Although I still need to put her adult image up first. XD I'll be able to do that as soon as I get home from school tomorrow, though.
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

I'm good with genetics, lol, I spreadsheet/punnet-square them all too. :P

We'll do Sepha and Cerian's clutch first, then, followed by Orresh and Ildiyant. I'm thinking probably 5-ish eggs per clutch should give enough for everyone. You guys can probably expect the first breeding after Friday, I have two exams that day (aaaack) so I can't focus much on dragoning until after that.

(edit) It's pretty likely I'll keep an egg from each clutch too, because I don't have any Asanas of my own except for Selwyn (who needs a page already, LOL)! I'll be making my own "foundations" as well, so that there's an even more diverse breeding pool.
Molly
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Yulara says she'll send in the proper forms tomorrow after Orresh is all updated. She's really excited, Kitsuneko and says thanks. I'm excited too. Yay for clutches.

I'm hoping that maybe Tigel will take an interest in Yialris after he's all grown. They have some interesting possibilities with their genetics.
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Orresh is all updated. :)
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Something I just thought of...

Asana become adults at age 10 in Starfall Dragonry years. Whatever planet/dimension it sits on I'm thinking would have shorter years than, say, Earth; 10 years is a long time IC, I'm beginning to realize.

Would it change anyone's stories/plot-bunnies drastically if I said that a Starfall solar year is approximately half an Earth year? (I mean, to play with this, your character could live on a similar planet whose years are shorter/longer than the typical concept of a 'year'.) I'd never really thought about it before, that time is so abstract in the Nexus where we have multiple planets and probably multiple ways of telling time!

Thoughts?
Molly
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I don't personally care. In a way, I like the long period of time, but I can see how that might drive some other people crazy. Also, I have 1 Arica year = 2 Starfall year (give or take those random days), so that just puts Arica at approximately 1 earth year instead of something crazy like 730 days in an Arica year. loltime.
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Excellent. Yulara will submit the form this evening. :)

The time difference doesn't affect the only bonder I have, and I don't really RP nor does Yulara. I don't see a problem with it.
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Well, I just realized that I forgot to update Jayis's age along with Orresh's adult pic, so I guess that would mean I wouldn't have to update it. :P Honestly, though, it doesn't matter much to me, I can work with either.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Whatever you want to do is just fine -- with the whole "isolated dimension" thing, a character could potentially even arrive back at their homeworld to find that only a couple of years had passed! Work with it as you will, is what I'm saying. XP
Molly
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

I like the whole isolated dimension aspect of the Dragonry. It does make it a little tricky deciding how a bonder got there, but it also leaves open a lot of possibilities. I could potentially create anyone I wanted that could physically care for a dragon and send them through the portal for one reason or another. LOL. My main problem is where to put their information at Aneris. XD Speaking of, I can't wait for the new eggs. With no job and nothing better to do, I have plenty or rather too much time on my hands.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

The most common way is either that they were born there (which is totally fine for in-story use!) or that the dragons actually go out and look for bonder-hopefuls - they can teleport back to the dragonry as an inherent ability to the species. Kind of like Searching in Pernese Weyrs, but different because when a clutch is in the Dens they just know they need the eggs to bond before they hatch. They don't 'know' who has potential, they'd probably just put out a bulletin at the place they're visiting that says "hey guess what we need some bonders over here". :P
Molly
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Noted. :) I'll definitely keep that in mind for the next few bonders. I just have to sort out who they are now. LOL
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

All right, the parents' owners have been contacted and had their hatchlings delivered to them, so the two new clutches are posted on the Dens page (in a slightly different format!) and forms are open!

http://www.mysticalplace.com/Starfall/dens.html

Remember to specify which clutch you want your egg from. Since I couldn't decide which babies to keep, they're all fair game; if interest dies down and there are one or two eggs left I'll either keep them or let people apply for multiples. :)

Have at!
Molly
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Re: Starfall Dragonry - Two New Clutches!

Is that one per clutch, Starburst, or one per person? Also, Yulara bids me ask if she can apply for one from Cerian and Sepha's clutch.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

One per clutch, sorry, should have clarified that! :D So Yulara can certainly apply for one from Cerian and Sepha's.
Molly
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Molly darlin, do I owe you any stages anywhere? I think I do, but I'm not positive I have the images (or... where they would go, lol at this point it's been so long since I viewed my own site that I have no clue who is where any more). At some point I think I'll try for these clutches, though I want to make sure I'm up to date first.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
weyrwomanrhiannon
Fledgling

Excellent. *plots* I definitely wanted an egg from each clutch as does Yulara. I've already begun work on the first bonder because frankly I have nothing better to do.

EDIT: Already have the page up for the two new bonders. All of their stats and such. Now I just need to write their story.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

@ Shard: Your boy Chakoka's (bonded to Zeets I believe) adolescent stage is back a few pages, but here it is again:

You'll get the adult once that's paged and you let me know what tattoo you want for the adult stage, and where you want it placed. :)
Molly
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Okay! He's up now, with a small story bit.

Obviously he's fit for a SOUND tattoo. Not sure what they look like, so I leave it up to you to put it somewhere the little rock star will be able to show to his groupies. :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

One tattooed rockstar coming right up!

Molly