OUT!

Bring your characters to life!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

OUT!

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Working on building a new roleplay forum. Here's the intro. I could use some input on whether or not it catches your interest.

In the year 1087 Post Cataclysm, the town of Inobi burned to the ground. It was the first truly telling loss suffered by the dragon riders of Lanutha, and for many it was a sign of hopelessness of the war for freedom. Of those that survived that day, only a handful remain. Of the town itself, there is little more than a husk.

The war itself lasted a decade, taking what was to be a cry of defiance and turning it, the world over, into a desperate scramble for survival. Countless lives were lost to the hydras and their Legion. Entire princedoms gone forever. In the end the dragon riders prevailed. Tris’Hath and all its people entered a new age dominated by peace, yet even that was tainted.

So long had the people of Tris’Hath lived under the rule of the hydras that their sudden lack became a terrifying concept. Freedom was as much a punishment as slavery had been. Two years after the end of the war, the world still struggles to right itself, build a new existence out of the ashes, and deal with the knowledge that the hydras were gone forever. The dragon riders remained, and for some that was little better than their former oppressors.

In Lanutha, home to the riders and their daunting monarchs, the struggle is no less present. So much was lost that recovery seems impossible, but the people of Lanutha are nothing if not determined, and hope is a powerful guide. The riders and their bonds have been stretched thin while making attempts to help the rest of the world recover. Few can be spared to defend their own borders, fewer still to preform the necessary work to clear away rubble and carry timber for new buildings.

Inobi, once a great port city of Lanutha, was long considered a lost cause. It was only due to the arrival of an unusual group of offworlders that it gained a kernel of notice. A city so far outside the dragon rider capital but still lingering on the edge of their shadow would be a perfect place for those not from Tris’Hathian soil. There was no doubt that it would be a necessary port if Lanutha was to rebuild any sort of economic structure.

The task of clearing out the city and beginning anew was a daunting one. Any who agreed to live there would be guaranteed work and a home, provided they could commit to the work. To that end, the resurrection project gained a great deal of interest from the displaced, the orphaned, the outcast, and the offworlders who remained to build a life on Tris’Hath. It was headed by a woman named Cassandra Saratores, displaced from her own world and eager to cut out a home for herself, and funded by the Lauthan Princess, Mystic Dragon.

Yet before any work could begin, the reborn town needed a new name. Nainobi was suggested as the official title. Nai, from the dragon tongue, meaning new, and inobi from the old tongue, meaning born, seemed to fit the project despite the odd conglomeration of languages. The town quickly accepted the new name, but despite its success, it has also gained a nickname.

The town of Nainobi is a refuge for outsiders, outcasts, outlanders, and anyone who simply wants to get out from the shadow of their old lives. It is populated by creatures from across the Nexus and people from all walks of life. The rules are lax, the work is hard, and the danger is ever present. As a warning to all those who would shun the people of Nainobi in their own streets, a sign has been hung from the entrance arch. Proudly it proclaims in running red paint...

“Welcome to OUT!”

From the desk of Draco Domina Magi, Mystic Dragon
Day 27 of Summer, 1099 P.C.

Cassandra;
The dwarven council of builders reports that the restructuring and excavation of the town is progressing well. Already there are several inhabitable buildings. I am sending to you a group of artisans and scholars to establish a market and education system. Please house and employ them appropriately.
~Mystic

P.S. Please, for the love of the four gods, don’t scare this group away.

From the desk of Nainobi’s sherriff, Cassandra Saratores
Day 31 of Summer, 1099 P.C.

Your holy dragonness;
The town is fine. Send a barkeep.
~Cass
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

<3

:D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Aha, that's awesome. I love Cass' reply "Town is fine. Send a barkeep."

Sounds fun to me!
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Aww man, this sounds like fun! All fronteirsy... but with that Tris'Hath flavour I love so much.

I would totally be in on this, though once school starts up again I can't vouch for my roleplay reliability.

And seeing Cass here makes me want to just straight up lift Kay and Casey out of Malton and plunk them down here... hahaha, but I really should play someone other than a K clone for once.
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

That does sound like fun! I'm not on very often but if you don't mind a couple of posts per day, I'd be willing to jump in! :D
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Glad I have interest! :) That really makes me happy. I've been so hesitant about this idea so knowing I'll have /some/ players is good.

What I want to do with the setup is make it as open as possible. There will be a main forum, but also a place for AIM/MSN/whatever logs and another one for mIRC logs. I like mIRC for just sitting around the bar and chatting, but I'd also like to be able to let people expand and play out epic plots and such. I want people to feel comfortable with posting as much or as little as they like.

There will be a character sheet and some restrictions but that's because I want us to all have fun together and not get bogged down with arguments of who was godmodding whom. Mainly I want this game to be about the characters. I also want to open this up and start advertising as soon as it's up and running.

And Kat? I would totally love to see Kay and Chase there. And Agate too! Cass could use some friendly faces. Also, they need to meet her beau. >.>
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Wait, you mean this is the Cass from Urban Dead?! How the heck did she get out of the city?! :o That place is a death trap! (hurhurhur)
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Uuuuuuuuuuh...... long story short? She got transported to another world, went back with someone to build a cure, cured the city, retreated back to the other world, returned a while later to find the entire world infected, cured that too, then said "fuck it" and went off to Tris'Hath.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Lol, bad situation to bad situation. At least this time she only has to deal with rebuilding a city, not finding a cure for a disease, eh?
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

>.> It's a lot more involved than my brief summary, but it would take forever to explain and I'd like at least part of it to come out in play. She's a favourite character of mine now and I like watching her develop. I need to play out her arrival to Tris'Hath with my boyfriend (since he plays her beau) and work out how she gets the town. Thus far I have "Cass hates dragons and wants out".
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Wow, who did you play that out with? Or was it just some writing that you were working on for yourself? XD I don't think that I'd want to import Agate just because I don't really have the info on that whole infection and cure thing, and I really enjoyed him in Urban Dead. I don't think I'd fare too well trying to adapt him in a Nexus sort of space. (Culture shock, y'know? XD There was something fun about the thought of him turning into a blood-rage zombie whenever he died, too. I wouldn't want to take that out of his character!)

I do like the idea of it, though... now that I have a world and a whole bunch of dragon riders with nothing to do, I love the thought of being able to drag a few out and dust them off. That, and not having homework means that I can actually commit to playing!
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

This was played out at my former RP joint over years and years. I played so much in her story that I've just become really attached to her now. Of course, I moved her in the first place cause I liked her so much. >.>

Yay, interest! :D This is actually making me excited to put it together. I only hope that interest remains when I finally do get it up and running. Between that and my promise to have my comic page up on a website within a month, I've got my hands full!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I just love the frontiersy x post apocalypse x Nexus deal. Is it mostly going to be Nexus x Kaerwyn for RP community? Where else are you planning on advertising? X3
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Well, since I'm now a bum, you're likely to keep my interest so long as I have something to do =P

I'm looking forward to it.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Actually, I'm out of Kaerwyn. >.> Had a falling out. As for advertising, I'm going to look for forum specific ad sites. There are some good and active ones out there.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

>.>

<.<

^.^

v.v

http://z15.invisionfree.com/nainobi/index.php?

Could use some input.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*waves flag* Anyone? Anyone? It's a bit lonely over there with only me'n Mystic and Oshay. *cute puppy eyes*
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Eek, apologies! I've been busy with another game at the moment; not sure that I can split my attention between two games right now!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

It's not like we move that fast, Dray. Maybe a post a day or sommat - and I've been sick this past week, so maybe a post every other day at times.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I realize that, but I know my own habits and I've found that if I split my attention between two new things at the same time, I tend to give up on both after a few weeks of intense participation. I do like Mystic's game basis, but I think I'm going to get settled into the other game first just to be safe!