Is any one here on Steam?

For general discussions of any sort that don't fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, JKatkina

StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

0.o;; Okay, serious, are Heroes 3 and Heroes 5 seriously the only two Heroes games that people play (I own/play both as well)? What about 4? That.. I don't even remember seeing. Anywhere. Hmm....

I also own MM6 and MM7 (I bought the Millennium edition, waaaay back when I still needed my dad to pay for stuff for me). Though I haven't reinstalled either, yet, I'm pretty sure Win7 will win yet again and let me play my ancient games. (I've been playing Septerra Core between moments of Overlord and Dragon Age: Origins, you _know_ a game's old when it asks for Quicktime 4, and wants to know whether you want a partial, some, more, or complete install (like, 74megs, 100megs, 256megs, and 524megs approximately) and then asks you "Are you sure you want complete install?" when you click that.)

As for Heroes as compared to other turn based strategy games... yeah. Not really. One of my friends calls Heroes 'tactics lite', and I kinda have to agree with him. While I'm pretty sure you could find games that are similar that you might like, most of them are much more involved and annoying than Heroes is.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

StarFyre wrote:0.o;; Okay, serious, are Heroes 3 and Heroes 5 seriously the only two Heroes games that people play (I own/play both as well)? What about 4? That.. I don't even remember seeing. Anywhere. Hmm....
Ahahaa. XD My dad, brother and I played Heroes religiously. I know we played 4, but.. I can't remember that much about 4. :o Conspiracy?!
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

All I can remember about Heroes 3 is the dancing leprechauns that would inevitably enrage me, as I was a terrible player and they got me every time. :o

I was still obsessed with the game, though! It was awesome! My first introduction to fog-of-war maps, too. XD