Supernal Clutch!

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

You know what? Throw it at me! I really enjoyed the bit that you added to Arothphael's appearance. I enjoy your stories, and I'd be happy to give another one a home with you.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Cool :) I'll make sure there's some story bit about it on the page, and link to you.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

As soon as I can get my muse working again, I'll have one sent your way. I know who I want to have come collect, I just need to write something for him.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

I am /really/ tempted, Dray...If I could pick an already established character to send I'd totally write something up...unfortunately the only ideas I've had for new characters wouldn't be mature enough to be applicable here... XD
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

All right, here is Amethyst. :)

She is among the Clone Girls from Aperture, so it's important to read up on the group first.
http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... egirls.htm

Then her specific page!
http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... ethyst.htm

They'll be at Carramba but then will eventually move to the Half Life universe - if you haven't played the game or Portal, here's some info.
http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

I totally have a character picked out for these and, like Star, just need to work out something with the muses for an actual story-bit. :B Save me a Supernal, I'll lay claim eventually! ;) (Fingers crossed I can figure something out tomorrow, seeing it's my day off and I have plenty time to sit around and brainstorm.)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

There are potentially up to twelve of them to go around, so I don't think that they'll run out. X3 *scatters froot loops in a ring around the pretties in hopes of luring the muses thataways!*
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Not... exactly.. what I had in mind for storybit, but Solath insisted >_<;; Bloody dragon. Urg.

Anyway, he'd have gone to Corona first (since there's humans there) to discuss trade, and heard about the Supernals from them. Likely, since Silva is more dragon-oriented than Corona, Solath would stick to his dracoform instead of his human-form.

As soon as everything re-uploads and is cool again, Solath's stats page is here: http://www.silveredmagic.com/candis/lights/solath.html

And the story is here: http://www.silveredmagic.com/candis/lights/solath0.html
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Miss Terry, I'm sending you a candidate via email, because the storychunk is a bit long to post here! :3
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Starfyre
While Solath had originally found himself at Nidus Corona, it wasn't long before the huge dragon was directed northward to the arboreal heart Nidus Silva. It wasn't so much that the natives of Corona hadn't wanted the trade: silk and cashmere came far to infrequently around the pioneering Nidus for anyone to want to turn its nose down. However... all of the dragon-powered Ala's of the Nidus were overworked as it was, clearing earth for the homestakes further in-land and for themselves, erecting niduli from hewn rock and wood, dealing with the unsteady ground that came with living on the edge of a river delta that led to the sea...

Solath headed North with the firm promise that when the Ala's could be spared, Corona would lend as many as needed. All the delights that the dragon had offered were too much to pass up.

The teal mutt, unfortunately, found himself misinterpreted when he arrived at Silva; he had meant to trade labor for resources but the dragon that saw to him perhaps had a secret agenda. Not particularly enjoying all of the humanoids that had come skulking through the Nidus recently, she had been hoping to have one of the Supernal children impress itself to another dragon. One less to worry humans, one more child that would have a proper rearing.

And so it was that Solath found himself with both a sponsor and labor, rolled all into one.

He was ushered into the clearing occupied by the Supernals. Well, it usually was. At the moment, most of the family was out. Dimasasehiel was teaching his children how to hunt, but two had remained behind. One older, one younger, the former was watching the latter in the lazy sort of sense of an elder-sibling baby-sitter. It was she who noticed Solath first, her charge being busy digging holes around the den. "What do you want?" she asked directly, "you're not from around here."

And he wasn't, and he explained his situation, somewhat at a loss as to where his guide had gone and why she'd left him here with two dragonets. The truth came out when the elder of the Supernal children revealed her intention, quite straight-forwardly, of taking off to help build those western cliffs into a home... when the rest of the family got back, of course. Cliffs, she said, were something that she hadn't seen before!

Name: Karsorael Imabrosia
Species: Supernal
Colour: Green-Blue
Size: Medium-Large
Shoulder Height: 16' (when not size-shifted)
Abilities: Breath Weapon (Lightning), Fire Immunity, Heal Others, Shapeshifting (Human, Lion), Size-Shifting, Teleportation, Verbal Speech,
Unique Ability: Earth Shape: Through a complex process of water-based erosion and reformation, Karsorael can shape solid rock in any way she chooses
Personality: Straight-Forward, Pragmatic, Responsible
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

JKatkina
Dimasasehiel regarded the Gyujtoan creature with the barely pronounceable name, ears laid back as he tried to recall more about its species. He had a passing familiarity with Avengaea, and while he knew little about the Caetrae (it hadn't been his fight, not having ever set foot on the planet), he knew that they were roughly the scourge of the planet in the same way that he loathed, deep in his gut, the mere presence of an Infernal.

And yet here was one 'koy-zeh-keem ghgh-sten', like some unwanted phlegmy buildup, announcing its intent as though learning about Supernals had been its sole purpose in life.

The blue and silver Supernal flicked one of his fluffy ears, regarding Koyziqme for a full minute in purely judgmental silence. In the meantime, several of the cubs who were at home today were lining up, watching the Gyujtoan with rapt attention. One or two looked on in awe at its fiery spine, while another mantled like a frightened kitten and ducked into the den, scared by what it perceived as a demon.

Finally Dimasasehiel cleared his throat and replied, "you may stay, so long as you abide strictly by my laws--"

"And mine," Raminiel, his mate, lolled over, grinning wickedly.

"Hrrmgh, yes, by Supernal laws. No violence whatsoever."

And so it came to be that the genetically modified Gyujtoan came to stay with some unlikely caretakers for a time... and earn the intense observation by several of its caretakers' children.

Many meals, and sung stories, and dizzyingly accepted nights later, one of the younger children slumped over Koyziqme's forearms -- carefully avoiding the flames of its wrists -- an air of dejection written throughout her entire being. "You're going to have to go, soon, aren't you?" she asked, quite literally pouting.

Koyziqme had begun to feel the wanderlust of her Gyujtoan genes tugging at her, not to mention her home-sickness for Tchidkyi's company. If only she could have the best of both worlds... but the Supernal cub was drawing its attention away from its thoughts. "Because I want to go with you," she was saying, "I can't stand any more morals or or lessons, I want to be free!" It was stated childish certainty, as if she had already figured out exactly what she wanted to do with her life... and it didn't involve passing judgment or solving disputes.

And all Koyziqme could wonder, for a brief, shocked moment, was, 'of all the children that I've gotten to know... why you?' But then it gave an inward sigh and had to smile... the world worked in mysterious ways.

Name: Zopatael Imabrosia
Colour: Red-Black
Shoulder Height: 16' (when not size-shifted)
Abilities: Breath Weapon (Lightning), Fire Immunity, Heal Others, Shapeshifting (Human, Lion), Size-Shifting, Teleportation, Verbal Speech,
Unique Ability: Ritual: Can consume one evil creature in a burst of flame for a power boost.
Personality: Passionate, Flirtatious, Mysterious
Last edited by Dray on Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

!! Karsorael is definitely awesome, Dray ^_^ Thanksmuch!

And yes, silk and cashmere >.> goats and worms, worms and goats. Ristos isn't very good land for grain production, or anything like that, so they get 'fun things' like silk and cashmere. They also have some pretty nice/productive apple/pear/blackberry/blueberry/walnut/chestnut/hickory groves (or found wild in the forests where the children gather 'em).

.. Cetirnen's going to flip his lid when he realizes Solath went around to the Nexus collecting more dragons, as well as promises/agreements for help =P

EDIT: Karsorael is up here: http://www.silveredmagic.com/candis/lig ... orael.html
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

ARGH this was one storybit that totally didn't want to be written. XD I'm less than satisfied with it still, but I HAD to use this character. No one else would do. So here you go. :B

http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/M ... cStory.htm
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

aaaaand I've got a story up!<3

BwAHAHAHAHHAA
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Okay, those are awesome. Just had to let you know that (and I really like how you did the Prism coloration.)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

:) As do I!

*glomps Myrror*
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Hey Dray? Is this still open? I may work on a candidate for it if it is...

I realized I have lots of time this week if I can drum up the inspiration... XD
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

They are, though I got stuck on Phe's and then distracted by work. 9.9' Call me Ms. Flakey, man. But yeah, feel free to someone in!
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

GYAH. I forgot about these awesome guys. D: *scramble around in search of caretaker for one* @.@ I am so out of practice when it comes to candi writing. *fail*

...and drat, I gotta leave for work. <.< ... >.> ... *leave window open in hopes of reminding self to write storybit*
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

Phoenix
It seemed as though the small Supernal family was holding a court of its own when the the Ascended entered into their clearing. The grey and red mother, Raminiel, was sitting over the large clod of earth that was the crude entrance to their den, her mate resting at its base. Several children -- those few who still remained -- were curled up in two rows before them, ears perked forward in attention. As Lapriusozeric stood in the shade at the forest's edge, he caught the tail end of a cautionary tale, one that seemed strange and reversed to his own ears. Infernals, Raminiel was finishing, were not to be trusted under any circumstances. Of course it was easy to tell one when you saw one; they would feel wrong. When the children were full grown, she added, they could begin their hard work... however, in the time between, it was important that if they felt a wrongness that they were to hide and seek their parents, lest they meet the fate of her tale's unfortunate protagonist.

"Tell us more!" one little one chirped, excited.

"But a happier one," another added. He looked like she was ready to bolt for cover, and was already nudging under an elder brother's wing for comfort.

The brother, head cocked in that proud sort of way of one who thinks oneself infallible, flicked his ear at the very deliberate sound of a twig cracking underfoot, and as a group, they all turned in Lapriusozeric's direction. All tales were immediately forgotten as Dimasasehiel rose to his feet, and his mate slipped down off of her perch. They weren't quite sure what to make of another Supernal in their little realm; they were so far removed from home, it seemed somehow miraculous to see another of their kind!

Once the reason of the Ascended's visit had been made clear, there was much of a scuffle. For a chance to go with another Supernal out into the world, most of the children were more than eager. Eventually it was the older brother, however, who stepped forward in decisive victory. "I'm not afraid of dangerous places," he admitted, "I want to learn everything!"

Dimasasehiel and Raminiel cast one another meaningful looks: of all of their children, this one was one that they had most worried would not find a good match. It was good then, that Lapriusozeric had come along after all...

Name: Hadeael Imabrosia
Colour: White-Red
Shoulder Height: 17' (when not size-shifted)
Unique Ability: Fire Storm: Hadeael can whip up a bombardment of fire that can reach hurricane levels of fierceness.
Personality: Brave, Inquisitive, Head-Strong

(Shard, going to update the parents and figure out who I have left to give out before thinking of seconds!)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

PS: This is still open, and the rules still apply from the first page (namely, write a quick story, sponsors must not be evil or lean towards immoral, roughly one per person unless I feel otherwise, please page yours within a month or I may wind up taking them back!) Xalia and Unyko, you may still submit for these if you'd like!
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

If I have any time this weekend, Dray, I'll write someone up for this...I actually have a character that may be perfect if I can find him.... :)
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Great! I look forward to seeing them! :D
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

And, was Amethyst still on the list or should I retract her? Since I do have one, but sent her when there wasn't much activity?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

If you would rather send her elsewhere, that's okay! I may get around to her eventually (there are only about two more that I for sure need to adopt out before I can say the litters are all taken!) if Xalia and one other don't take 'em!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I'll hold her here for the time being, and if they get taken by others that's cool I'll rewrite her dragon-arrival story to suit elsewhere. But since it's written up I might as well leave her until I know she's not needed.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

GLEE! ::flails excitedly:: Oh man, you must be a mindreader, I was thinking about 'Zeric the other day and how sad I was that this giveaway appeared to have flopped. Apparently that little thought was just a psychic hiccup to prepare me for AWESOME! 8333 <333333
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

You know how brain waves work, Phe; sometimes the fruit loops waft my direction every so often!
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Houka Ryuu
Hatchling

Post by Houka Ryuu »

Dray, is this still open? I love the art work and would definitely love to get a Supernal. I'm still in the process of updating my site. I've decide to re-organize everything so it's taking me slower than usual. May I please reserve one if this is still open?