Supernal Clutch!

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Dray
Dracolich

Supernal Clutch!

Post by Dray »

I just discovered that I had a couple of Supernals (one from last xmas's winter gather, and one from way back in 2005) so I drew up a template for some offspring!

I missed a wing. XD I'll fix that before I start colouring offspring up! Anyways, thought that I'd let you guys know that I have something in the works. I'm going to be asking for caretakers for them... they'll be going out into the Nexus as young adults, so rather than surrogate parents or bonds, they'll be looking for someone to help them get comfortable in their new homes. Friends, essentially!

Anyways, I'm going to run it so that the caretaker you send in will influence the Supernal's colours and unique ability.

Woot! :3
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

OH goodness. :)

edit and HAHAHAHAHA oh man.

>_> So many of my Sangers have had dragons. Crazy Doc at Carramba finally got his some years ago.

But his room mate... didn't get one yet... his roomie is the angel Gabriel, by the way ;D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

OMG! That is awesome! I can't wait to see them colored! :D
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

FFFFFFFFF YES

I will crawl out of the woodworks for these.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

*grabby hands*
Image Image Image Image
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

:twisted:
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

I can't wait to see those colored too ^^; The outline looks wonderful!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Some progress for tonight:

Colours are based off of dad, here.

Still need to properly shade the hind-quarters, tail and wings, and do some tweaking with the mane again, but it's coming along. :3 I'm pleased with this so far!

For the curious, I'm working pretty heavily off of this reference. Seeing as how Supernals can already shape-shift into lions, and they seem to be regal and lion-like by nature, I went hunting for lion statues and thought that this one worked well for wings. It may not have perfect anatomy, but having a lighting reference to work by is awesome! :D
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I'm already having fun with Gabe's page. I'd forgotten I'd written quite a bit about him (sortakinda) on Van's page itself... ;) yeee.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'm looking forward to this! XD It ought to be hilarious and awesome.
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

*echoes Jkat with the grabby hands*
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

When will you be taking characters for this?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I don't have a deadline set yet. Since I'm at work and have other things on my plate, I won't ask for candidates until I'm about done the template... which I'm trying to do sooner rather than later! Maybe tonight when I'm done work I can sit down and get through the last of that pretty fast... no guarantees, though!

When I DO take sponsors, I'll give these out as people submit 'em. I'm probably going to say that they had two clutches because I think that the number of people wanting one is just a bit over the total that one clutch can offer, so some will be younger, and some will be a bit older!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Nidus Silva was not so much of a proper Nidus as it was a loose gathering of creatures that had, at some point, come from a variety of lands where villages, borders, and a sense of community spirit were held in sanctity above the wild beating of their animal hearts. It was a conglomeration of tree huts, log-hewn cabins, earth-hewn and magically shaped dens, and glades where trees had been felled for those who wanted out of the elements.

If Nidus Silva were to be represented by one mascot, anything at all, it would be a pine, or a spruce, maybe. Nidus Silva had trees in abundance, and the dragons that lived there liked it that way.

It was a place where humans and the concept of bonding, of joining one's mind to a being far one's inferior, had been left by the way-side... for the most part. Those dragons who possessed a bond were tolerated of course; perhaps they were talked about when out of hearing or telepathic reach in the same way that one who has an unfortunately dull sibling or parent to care for is emptily sympathized for.

Humans, then, were not especially welcomed.

Because of this, it was worrisome when Dimasasehiel Imabrosia and Raminiel Nathanurin announced that they were planning on visitors for their children to take away. None of their get -- both litters of them -- had been predisposed towards bonding as a measure of life or death. In fact, Supernals were not known to bond save in adulthood, when they made the choice of free will.

Dimasasehiel, however, would not hear of the protestations of the Nidus. Raminiel was somewhat less vociferous about her opinion, but truth be told, she was running out of stories to tell her little ones. She had filled their heads with so many tales of her exploits across the Nexus that they had gotten it into their heads that they wanted to go out on their own, but they were not quite old enough. The first litter, toppling over the verge of pubescence and finding hair growing in longer, and in a different colour than their baby-down fur, were on the cusp of traveling for themselves. The younger litter, still retaining a bit of baby chub that made their early attempts at flying anywhere from painful to watch to hilarious, depending upon who you asked, were hot on their tails and even if their Supernal parents had wanted to restrain them, it was unlikely that they'd be able to force them to stay.

Such was the way of life. A human could be bull-headed, but a dragon was a dragon, and so the call went out not for bonders, but for caretakers, or friends, or guides who could be trusted to watch over the litter of do-gooders and trouble-makers until the Supernal children could live on their own.

Rules

-Sponsors require a storybit.
-Sponsors must be 'good' aligned, or at least not 'evil'. Morally ambiguous characters are okay, but when push comes to shove they need to be the kind who will do the right thing and think of the greater good.
-One per person.
-No pure-white Supernals.
-Supernal colours will be based off of the parents to some extent (here and here respectively) but some colours will be loosely linked to your story in some way. Your character's appearance, personality, homeland, or OOC background may have some effect on the offspring. Colours will combine to create a specific unique ability for your dragon.
-First-come-first-served until the dragons run out!
-Dragons must be paged within one month of receiving 'em or I take them back.

When you have a story done, give me a link along with the character's name and I'll return with a dragon for you. No waiting for the entire clutch to fill!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

*ARMFLAILS*
ARGLEBLARGLE!!!!

Gabriel, aka Angelino Gabriella, instructor at Carramba High and Crazy Doc Sanger of Carramba's roommate. :)

http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... f/gabe.htm

*EEEEEEEE*
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Oh man...those are gorgeous, Dray! Wish I had time and energy to come up with a sponsor for you.
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

8D

want one of these!

Shy: ... what do they mean 'good'? I AM the greater good! so any of my get should be considered good, not evil.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Xalia, I would be so flattered and pleased if this made you sneak back onto the Nexus, even if only for one critter. X3 I have missed you, I hope that life is going well for you!

Sunny... Well, I can't say for sure about the 'good' thing, since Supernals are Myrror's baby, originally! But I imagine that these guys can interpret 'good' in different ways. Lasciviousness could be said to be spreading joy, tinkering nature could be for the betterment of a species, etc. etc. They would probably go for someone who expresses 'good' traits more overtly than for someone who's very subtle about it.

Shard... if you want this in a smaller size, I can resize it! Or you can!

There was no hatching, no Impression. Nothing with a capitalized letter to indicate its importance amongst the members of the Nidus. Eggs were hatched and babies born on a regular basis in the Nidus but ceremonies held here did not include a great warbling cacophony that had become common on other Nexus worlds.

In fact, when Gabriel arrived, he was ushered with curt coldness to the den of the Supernals, and then left alone at the edge of the glen full of tumbled-down, moss-covered boulders. A huge, blue and silver creature was sunning himself on a rocky outcropping, patiently allowing fat young offspring to play on him as though he were a jungle gym. There were only three youngsters in attendance at the moment, as far as Gabriel could immediately see. They were the ones who first noticed him, in fact.

"Daddy!" screamed one, falling off of his father's shoulder and tumbling down the hill. The rest shouted and bounded for Gabriel, a pack of deadly creatures... if only they had some more maturity to them.

More Supernal children seemed to appear out of nowhere. There must have been a den dug out of somewhere, as they seemed to pour out of the earth. Soon he was surrounded, the children growing more courageous as their competitive natures warranted. If Gabriel brought others with him, for the moment they were completely ignored: Gabriel had wings, and he had a mane that was big, for a human!

Finally it was an older child that snapped at her siblings and settled at the feet of the angel. She introduced herself as Arothphael (Arothphael Imabrosia), and she was beautiful. She appeared white at first glance, but in the noon-day sun, her fur glinted with a rainbow of colours and it was immediately apparent that her fur was not white, not in the traditional sense. Her silver mane was just beginning to grow in, giving her a dignified look.

They talked for a little while, and though the other cubs still lingered it was clear that Arothphael had laid claim to the angel. In the end, it was she that decided that she would like to go with Gabriel and, with one last goodbye from the rest of her family, she gratefully padded out of the clearing with him.

Name: Arothphael Imabrosia
Species: Supernal
Colour: Silver-Prism
Size: Medium-Large
Shoulder Height: 16'
Abilities: Breath Weapon (Lightning), Fire Immunity, Heal Others, Shapeshifting (Human, Lion), Size-Shifting, Teleportation, Verbal Speech,
Unique Ability: Heavenly Choir - Arothphael can lead a host of ethereal voices through a song-like ritual that can strengthen the resolve of friends and strike paralyzing fear into enemies.
Personality: Stubborn, Decisive, Strong
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

ooooooh.

O_______________O

So. Very. Pretty. :)

I shall get on this immediately! :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

AAAAHHHHH! Putting down my side work, must write for a pretty! o____o!
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

*waves hand* question. what if its not one sponsor, but maybe a couple of little/mini/tiny sponsors for one supernal? would that be okay?
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Sure, that's fine! Just lemme know where the Supernal winds up and I'll be happy!
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

woooooo! <3
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

*sidles close*

http://naeodin.atspace.com/index.htm

Located under 'The Plan'. The last link really.

Its not long. :( I hope thats alright. I've forgotten I think, how to write long stories.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Pfaaaah ha ha ha. XD Oh you and your contrasting of critters. Whelp, luckily for you...

When the little pack of sins descended on Nidus Silva, nobody knew quite how to react. What were they? They were like humans, but more compact. And so silent. It was eerie. The little lot of gremlins had traveled such that they only made it to the Nidus in the midst of false dawn: not even the birds in the trees were calling for morning yet. The rest of the Nidus was mostly asleep.

A pair of blue eyes watched them from the underbrush. Tracked them as they began to search around, looking for signs of habitation -- at the Nidus it was difficult to tell where any of the dragons slept, given all of the trees. It followed them along inexpertly, cracking twigs and leaving little signs of its presence to those who would listen for it.

Only when She turned and caught sight of a flash of gold in the dawn-light did she realize that this might be what they were searching for all along. A cub, its dusty white feathers newly minted as only a young Supernal's can be, had been watching them all along.

"I snuck out," he whispered, forequarters laid flat, rump wiggling in the air as if getting ready to pounce. "I don't have to listen to what my parents say -- I choose what I want for myself!"

And so that was how the sins made the acquaintance of a Supernal, but for good or mischief, noone could yet be sure...

Name: Esoteruel Imabrosia
Species: Supernal
Colour: Black-Blue
Size: Medium-Large
Shoulder Height: 17' (when not size-shifted)
Abilities: Breath Weapon (Lightning), Fire Immunity, Heal Others, Shapeshifting (Human, Lion), Size-Shifting, Teleportation, Verbal Speech,
Unique Ability: Tidal Force - Esoteruel can summon a wall of water to swamp enemies, but he can also use the ability with anything that possesses water. For example, he can exert this force on living beings to draw them close or push them away.
Personality: Primal, Fastidious, Multi-Tasker
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

xDDDD

PERFECT! <3
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

lol That totally is perfect for you :)

Arothphael is on her page with Gabe. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

>_>

Wondering if I can snag seconds... <_<
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'm going to leave 'em open for a little while longer, but if nobody wants in on them (I thought there would be more interest based on the response! D:) seconds might just be feasible!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Well, people are kinda busy it seems. Though I do have a reasonably good character waiting, I'll wait until it's time :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com