Aanu'sil: Pure Bred Clutches (Asana Available!)

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Mmm. Beridhren would get a 'simple' FA tattoo. He'd probably also have some minimal striping and a few memory-triangles.

And, that image is totally awesome, Airy. *grabby hands at the pretty* I'm tempted to have Solath collect yet another 'little problem' =P He's already playing father to two, what's a third?

I love how detailed you are with world-building. You make me jealous sometimes =P Until I realize that the only real difference between us is that your stuff is getting consistantly put up online, whereas mine is all stuck in a jumble in my head.
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

All right, Jkat and Starfyre. Your edited images are up on the original post with the images. Let me know if you want the unmodified image as well and I will send you the URL with the picture. :)

@ Starfyre: Thanks! I LOVE LOVE LOVE world building. Hehehe. In case anyone couldn't tell. But I love sharing some of my stuff too, and that motivates me to write stuff down. ^ ^ You have some pretty detailed stuff up too, though. I love working with your dragons because of that. The more info the more interesting, I think.

I shall have a Hyre out to you soon... Solath is going to have quite a family!

@Jkat: Your questions make me so happy! But apparently, I am going to write a book for each one... so I might take a while to answer them all. Let me know if new questions come up.
JKatkina wrote: Ranks? Roles? What would a new recruit with skills like Tchidkyi (and for that matter Serethiel, as she'll want to be a citizen too) be directed towards doing? What are the possible roles and ranks out there? That they would run into?
Within Federation society itself, there are few ranks. People serve high and low tasks together, and wealth is spread out as evenly as possible. Objects such as clothing and housing tend to be owned by the community in Federation stations, thus all members are offered fairly comfortable lifestyles. Onworld colonies may have this organization as well, depending on the native species and cultures on the world. There is an honor system that is based on ones service to the Federation, and this is highly influenced by the stripe tattoos, which generally indicate how long one has served by the number of battles fought in. The more stripes, the more honored one is considered.

Politically speaking, each colony, station, world, etc is generally run by a council unless the native culture has a different system. The Federation itself is run by a High Council which is composed of species representatives. Above the High Council is the specialized Ventri which is made up of 10 specially elected officials who make military decisions when the High Council fails to come to a consensus.

As for the military, my ranking system is loose at this point. I would reference the US Army ranking system for anything specific. The Federation military has a grouped structure which splits the army into squads of varying sizes. For Federation-raised individuals, these squads are often made up of people that they have grown up with and are known to work well with. New comers like Tchid and Selethiel may be added into one such group, or they may be put into a squad of other beings like themselves.

Having said that, if Selethiel is actually growing up within the Federation, she may have a group of close knits friends with which she will enter the military with. Tchid's experience would be more along the "newcomer" lines, unless he waited to serve until Selethiel was old enough to serve with him. You can tweek these things however you want though, depending on your charries' friends and whatnot. :)

As far as roles go, either of them would probably be asked to serve some time actually fighting, but eventually they could serve as ambassadors to their species, since neither has anything much of a presence in the FA. Exploration is also a possibility during the later years of one's service, as well as monitoring jobs, in which experienced individuals track Siisakoo in order to prevent world seeding. After service, the sky is the limit! If you need specifics or more ideas, let me know. Specifically, Selethiel's healing abilities may make her a good candidate for a field medic, or even full Federation doctor. Federation medical treatment is often a mix of spiritual, magical, and physical treatments, so Selethiel would be pretty perfect for such a job.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oh, I have a question! What about those individuals who are either against fighting for spiritual reasons, or simply have personalities that are ill suited to the task? IF they're required to serve the Federation, is there anything else that they can do in their early service years?

eta: are they fighting Sisakoo hand to hand or in space battles? XD
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Dray wrote:Oh, I have a question! What about those individuals who are either against fighting for spiritual reasons, or simply have personalities that are ill suited to the task? IF they're required to serve the Federation, is there anything else that they can do in their early service years?

eta: are they fighting Sisakoo hand to hand or in space battles? XD
For the most part, the Federation is pretty stringent when it comes to actual military service, just because their large size and active protection of their members makes a pretty big military necessary. However, they do make exceptions now and again. They are most likely to allow former slaves, especially ones forced to fight in one way or another, to avoid this service, but religion and species traits may also allow one to avoid this. Personality would probably be the least likely to get one out of actual military service- but they go case by case, and it would depend on the actual details of the personality.

For those who are allowed to avoid fighting entirely, they may be allowed to take on monitoring duties in which they would not be required to fight, they might also serve as medics or Yevaanavi (which deal with the spirits of the dead, but don't generally fight physical beings), or they might be given work specific to their species or experience. In a broad sense, they would be required to work specifically for the Federation in one way or another, and after their service time was up, they could take up whatever work they wanted, where ever they wanted.

As far as fighting the Siisakoo goes- the Federation fights them on many fronts. Space battles are common as the Siisakoo have begun to amass quite a fleet from stolen and newly developed technology. However, if they have successfully seeded or infected a world, they will have to be physically fought.

JKatkina wrote:Anyways, I was thinking of tossing Aulia Nishaal, the Drewlsi'Sre you gave me some time ago, into their story. Would Drewlsi'Sre be common in the Federation military, having been ousted from their homeworld? Is there some place where a lot of them have settled or ended up?
The Drewlsi'Sre are more common in the Federation than anywhere else, but their numbers are relatively low. So, it would not be strange to see one in the military, but they aren't necessarily common. If that makes sense.

Most of them live on the Federation space station Te'Soori Le, but they are as free to move about as any other member of the Federation, so you might find members of the species just about anywhere.

I'll write up a general description of Federation space stations in a bit, as well as some info on the Siisakoo. :3

I'm lovin' these questions!
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Siisakoo: Basically, the Siisakoo are an intelligent species of plant, whose homeplanet was destroyed eons ago. The species had a unique ability to produce off shoots of itself that then became a part of what may essentially be described as a hive mind. Individuals may also produce actual offspring which have minds of their own. Naturally, the hives produced by Siisakoo were nondestructive, and limited in size- however, the individual that has become a problem for the Federation is possessed by a powerful demon. This creature is able to expand its hive mind endlessly with the use of host bodies, but requires spiritual energy to continue expanding. In order to do this, the Siisakoo sucks entire worlds dry, and kills or enslaves these world's population.

This possessed individual was long thought to be the only member of its species left in existence, but in recent years other Siisakoo have been found. Initially, it was thought that these creatures would add to the already disastrous situation that the FA is dealing with, but they have been found to be clean of the demonic spirit, and have even joined and aided the Federation, though none of them are as powerful as the primary Siisakoo.

At this point in the war, the Siisakoo has a massive fleet of stolen and developed space craft. These house the Siisakoo host bodies which expand the hive mind's intelligence and serves as the Siisakoo army. Spores are constantly sent out by the fleet to seek out and seed new worlds that can be used to nourish the demonic spirit. These spores crash into target worlds, and root out into the planet itself. Sometimes, these spores will be hidden on a world for years before it begins to infect hosts from the planet, and the world itself begins to show symptoms of infection. The only real way to stop seeding early is to track Siisakoo activity, or to monitor the spirit of the planet itself.

An example of a Siisakoo host: http://www.testasodofenda.com/siisakoo1.html

The black tendrils actually belong to the Siisakoo body which has infected the host. These creatures are not produced by the unpossessed Siisakoo.

Smok The Smok are a lesser and more recent threat to the Alliance. They are essentially a space faring, draconic species that is known for its disdain for non-draconic species and ability to enslave other draconic species- such as the Skala. They weren't really an issue in the Federation until they kidnapped several Sevar Skai (who immediately declared war on the other species), and eventually the kidnapping of several Nexus Dragons from the Federation world, Terra Nexu (at which point the Federation officially declared war on the Smok as well). The Testasodo Hyre were genetically engineered by the Smok, but haven't been affiliated with them for several generations.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*raises hand* Oh, oh, question.

Solath originally showed up (before the omg sponsoring incident, lol) to ask for assistance in building a new home for himself and the others of Cetir's group. Who would he talk to, what would have to be negotiated, and would it even be possible? After all, Cetir's world isn't part of the FA (and Cetir, though powerful, has no honest say in whether or not his world joins the FA) and they are basically stuck in a sort of 'enlightened medieval period'. (There's learning going on, but it's all focused on magical theory and effect, not science, and distinct not space-travel. Cetir is creepy enough to other Savoks and Neo'Savoks with all these strange creatures gathered around him, but at least the only rumors that that's struck up is that he's playing with magic he shouldn't be. Religion is still a driving factor of their community, and they are still playing 'bring religion to the heathens'... that's technically what Cetir's "little" plot of land is supposed to be doing, but he's sick of war and natives being pissed off at him, so he's not pushing anymore.)

And yes, Solath is building quite a family. He's a bit lonely, I think, now that Cetir has Oli and Nia, and doesn't need to rely on him as much.
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

And finally, Jkat, here are a few general descriptions of things that Tchid and Sele are bound to run into.

Federation Religion: Linile
While the FA is open to almost any religion, Linile is the most common among the peoples that live in the Federation Space Stations. In short, people who follow the Linile believe in three realms of existence. The First Realm: That of the Maker. The Second Realm: That of the angles or star spirits. The Third Realm: The material plane and all subplanes.

The Co'ana
Referred to by some as the Oversoul, the Co'ana is a biological network that has been utilized by the Federational Alliance since its conception. This network is formed through the introduction of a biological compound to members of the organization and serve to connection members to the Co'ana. Inexperienced people simply feel the network as a dim emotional connection to FA members around them, but skilled users of the network can access information and even the abilities of their fellows through the Co'ana.

The Lentosi and the Shintas
There are two types of Federation "stations," the Lentosi and the Shintas.

A Lentosi is a space-faring construct and more akin to traditional space stations than the Shintas. Most are biologically based, but there are many models common within the Federation. Within the Lentosi, wide spaces are common, and most have synthetic lighting that mimics natural sunlight, as well as day and night cycles. Grass, springs, and plant growth are common throughout the halls and rooms of the Lentosi, and they are known among outsiders for their fresh and natural atmosphere.

The Shinta, on the other hand, are not truly space stations at all, but rather, sections of the plane of Sedara. Most people not raised in the Shintas, never see them, as they are considered wild and dangerous places, but they are home to the peoples that adhere most closely to the Federation culture. Within the Shintas, Fenda:soan villages, characterized by buildings that resemble this architecture (http://everlookphotography.files.wordpr ... a-8700.jpg) are common- though with varying degrees of decoration. Most of any Shinta will be filled with untamed places, which serve as home to many creatures- dangerous and otherwise. Only people closely connected to the Co'ana can survive in these places. Access to the Shintas are limited.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

@Starfyre: There are two possible ways that Solath could get help from the Federation.

(1) He and his people could join without the rest of their world. This would give them access to Federation aid, trading, and protection. But of course, they would be required to serve on an individual basis, and they would also have to set up trade with the Federation.

(2) Solath could seek help from a specific species or world council. Thus he could go to the council of Aanu'sil to make a case for resource allocation, etc. Another likely source for help would be the Terra Nexu council. This is the council that presides over the Federation world that was given to Nexus mutts that are citizens of the FA. He might also consider going to the family and friends of his mother and sisters who remained in the Federation. While they would not be able to provide the resources of a council, they could offer some help in the form of extra man power and some insider trade agreements.

Storywise, Csheldi, the Hyre that runs Aanu'sil could fill Solath in on all this, and send him in the right direction. She also has access to the Aanu'sil council.

What sort of help would he be looking for specifically?
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

He's mainly looking for assistance. Cetir's people are weavers and farmers, not skilled in large-scale carving or rock-work, and the proposed den is going to be relatively massive to accommodate Solath's dragon form.

EDIT: .. Snerk. I just realized how, story-wise, he'd end up with one of Csheldi's kids c.c;;

Solath: "Hi, can you help point me in the right direction? *explains*"

Csheldi: "Sure. *answers questions*"

Kid: *sneaks up* ... I like you.

Solath: *groan, starts looking for the 'please pester me to become your sponsor/caretaker' sign that he's sure has to be on his back somewhere*
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Leni:sa: : I like doing people favors. :3 **holds up 'please pester me to become your sponsor/caretaker' sign that she pulled off of Solath's back**

Name: Leni:sa: Aanu:khin
Species: Testasodo Hyre
Abilities: Telepathy, Verbal Speech, Shape Shift, Learn Abilities
Personality: Leni:sa: is a major "tom-boy." She never lets anyone do things for her, and her sense of adventure has gotten her into trouble more than once. Despite her sometimes pushy ways, Leni: is open minded and friendly enough for people to enjoy being around her.
Caretaker: Solath

As far as your story goes, I would say that Csheldi and the other Hyre would probably be willing to help, especially with Solath taking care of one of their own. :3 He'd probably get some Terra Nexu help as well, since he has a half sister on the council there. Damn... Solath has connections! XD
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Don't know if I've said it yet, but these guys are awesome! :D

(I love that your natives are essentially budgie-people, too! 8D)
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Solath: Can I go home now? ... Wait, I have a half-sister on the Terra Nexu council? *blinks*

*laughs* Leni: will be a fun addition to the rest of the little group. Wee. As a question, though, what's the extent of the Shape Shift ability for her? And Learn Abilities?

=P And who's this mysterious half-sister of Solath's? Maybe I should keep track of who my characters are related to more closely!
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

@Dray: Thanks! I've had them around for a super long time... like since I first joined the Nexus almost. 0.o; But I only ever gave out one or two, so I thought it was time to revamp them. ^ ^ And yeah, the Hii'gaan are cuties. They're based on a sketch of my Lovebird that I had laying around.

@Starfyre: Leni's shapeshifting abilities are basically unlimited, but it is an ability that develops more over time. So, while she's young, she'll have trouble maintaining forms that are much different from her natural one for long periods of time.

As for the Learn Abilities, the Hyre can learn magical abilities from other dragons and people if they see the ability used enough. :3

And, Ziry (http://www.testasodofenda.com/ziry.html) is Solath's half sister; they share Waharli as a mother, if I'm not mistaken. She's kind of a big deal on Terra Nexu (lol), but she would probably love to see her little bro again.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Interesting note that I didn't realize until now.. Not only are Ziry and Solath half sibs, but Sycho (the first dragon Cetir brought home) is Solath's uncle.

... Yeah, I should totally pay better attention to lineages =P Seeing as I forgot that fact, if I even ever knew it to begin with.

And I'm almost terrified to have Leni: around the group she's now part of. Cetir is a (rogue) Aether Magician (I say rogue, because he's not classified as a magician, and therefore has all the power of one, but none of the oversight of the Council. Heh.), which means that he can craft/cast spells from any specialty. That's a dangerous force to have around someone who can pick up magical abilities by just seeing them often enough. =P
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Just thought I'd let you all know that the records page is updated for the Avyndal clutch.
http://testasodofenda.com/aanusil/records.html

And for your own records, here is Are's page.
http://testasodofenda.com/are.html

If you see anything that's off, let me know.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

Hey, would you like me to toss some Anarian pure-bred your way? Like Kijana, Tavrayn, Ortari, something like that? Or you pick and I'll page some for you to use. I noticed none were sent in so I was going to toss some your way. I have at least one of every species from Anarendor but I'm sure others have some now, too. :P
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Oh yeah, Yakima. That would be sweet! Thanks!

Any of your species would be cool with me. ^ ^
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
aireona93
Dragon

Re: Aanu'sil: Pure Bred Clutches

Post by aireona93 »

Aw. I wanna keep going with these now, but there are so few people around. *goes to see what other dragon species she hadn't gotten around to doing a clutch for*
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

:O I didn't see these before. Really pretty!
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Want one? :D
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

D: Did I ever page mine? I would love to see this continue in one format or another. I was really enjoying your world exposition stuff, too!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Erp, need to page mine, too! Oopsies.
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

I would totally take one if you don't mind drawing/colouring one up! :D
Character Listing
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Sure, sure! Any color pref? ^ ^
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Surprise me. :)
Character Listing
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Holy crap on a cracker, I just looked through the thread and how on earth did I miss these gorgeous dragons.

The tattooed Avyndal (actually all of the Avyndals, who am I kidding, I'm just a tattoo fanatic) and the ones with the ram horns are beautiful.
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Arbitor has been repaged for anyone who has his offspring up: http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Arbitor.htm

I'll have Revion up when I get a moment! I am considering his story, as I'd very much like to write for these two, and anyone else who's decided to leave their characters in De:lahin. :3
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Hey ya'll!

I have finished a little clutch of purebred Asana if anyone is interested! There are five total with four being available to general adoption because I would like to gift Starburst with one :). Almost all of them orange in color due to the genetics of their parents. Sample image below.

FORM
Character Name:
Character's Residence (IC):
URL:
Bond or Sponsor?
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

@_@ Holy crap, that's awesome! Very elegant design. Do the males have horns?

I'm pretty busy with job hunting again (>_<) so I think I'd better refrain from snagging one right now, but I'm interested and as soon as I have some real life security, if there are any left, I would love to snag one!
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

(The males are supposed to have horns, Airy, though I'm pretty sure you know that :D)

That looks absolutely fantastic, by the way. Holy crap. I'm thoroughly impressed and want you to teach me how to be so good at drawing O___O
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry