Aanu'sil: Pure Bred Clutches (Asana Available!)

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I noticed that you said that the parents get one -- are you waiting on us to send you a story for the parents? Just want to know how that part works!
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Jkat, yep, I would be fine with you sending me a character. Just do what you did before and send me the URL where they will be when Artdragon comes back and some info on them.

Dray, you and Kitsuneko don't have to do anything for your dragons. :3 Of course, if you wanted to write a story, I would love that, but it wouldn't be necessary. At this point, I am just getting all the images done so that you two can choose your favorites.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

First two Avyndals! There's still three left, if anyone is interested.

Kitsuneko
Name: Eruanna ve Eidelyn of the line of Vanwanar
Species: Avyndal
Abilities: Holy Magic, Healing Magic, Verbal Speech
Personality: Thoughtful, Honest, Solitary, Humble

Dray
Name: Revion ve Eidelyn of the line of Vanwanar
Personality: Thoughtful, Honest, Humble, Outgoing
Last edited by aireona93 on Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I just need to figure out who to send, to be honest. I'm tempted to toss Solath back your way to pick one up (since he's currently world-hopping at Cetirnen's say-so, looking for places to trade produce/resources of K'Ristos for labor to assist in carving new homes in a nearby cliff for Cetirnen and the dragons Cetirnen has gathered around him).

Mmm.. Tempting.
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

I just realized that Revion was missing a toe. 0.0; Sorry about that. All fixed now, though.

That would be awesome, Starfyre! I can't wait to see who you send. ^ ^
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Since I've got my Clone girls out, I think this one would do well for these beauties.

Character Name: Lavender
Character's Residence (IC): Carramba High, but will return to the Half Life universe after graduation and practice.
URL: full girls stories, http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... egirls.htm

Her page (shared)
http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... /15-ol.htm
Bond or Sponsor? Either, she'd be good for both.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Hey Aire, I'm sending you a sponsor over email, because he has a story attached that's a bit long to post here! :3 Here's the form, too, just in case.

Character Name: Tchidkyi Keptvag
Character's Residence (IC): Right now, some rented apartment in De:lahin! I hope I got the details right. I wasn't sure... took some small liberties. Let me know if I got anything wrong, and I'd love to know more details about the place!
URL: http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kat/aven/tchidkyi.html
Bond or Sponsor? Sponsor
Image Image Image Image
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

<.< I just realized - in terms of your IC statements, poor Solath is still a baby. Giggle. With full diplomatic power given to him by Cetirnen. More to the point, Solath was born in the Federation. Poor boy.

Character Name: Solath
Character's Residence (IC): with Cetirnen, on the world of Ja'amus, country of Ristos, in Castle Renosant... soon, hopefully, to be residing in cliff-homes that are infinitely more comfortable for dragons than the castle is.
URL: http://www.silveredmagic.com/candis/lights/solath.html
The story as relevant to Aanu'sil is here: http://www.silveredmagic.com/candis/lights/solath1.html
Bond or Sponsor?: Sponsor
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

:3!!!!!!!!!!!! Stories! YAY! I can't wait to read them.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Yeah, I'm slowly writing all the stories for Cetirnen and his crew... a) because my muse has become fixated on them and b) because I need to get back in the habit of writing.

It's interesting, trying to characterize these people properly. Though, frankly, I'm pleased enough to be writing anything, and will deal with some OOC-ness from all of them in my attempt to get back in practice.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Hey Aire, didja get my email? :3 If not, well, what's your email address? XD I might have sent it to an old one or something.
Image Image Image Image
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Starfyre, I know exactly how you feel. You're story was cute though! I liked it. ^ ^

And yep, Jkat! I got your email. Loved it! Thank you so much.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Oh, whew! Awesome, thanks! :D
Image Image Image Image
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

UGH! Sorry that this is taking so long! I have family over, so I haven't had too much access to the Nexus or my computer lately. All the dragons should be up by the end of the week though!
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Mmm, family, the great devourer of free time, second only to being sick.

It's alright, Airy ^^ Enjoy the company, as hair-pulling as it probably is at times =P
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'd say that work's a pretty hard kicker, too, but family at least has the opportunity to be pleasant! (Maybe by the time that your family's done, artdragon will be back... 9.9)
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

FINALLY!!!! I have time to post the last Avyndal dragons. :3

And- since I was gifted with so many wonderful stories, I actually have a bit of a "hatching" story written up... like old times. ^ ^ Please forgive any grammatical errors... I wanted to get this up sooner rather than later, so I only read over it once. EEK!

"Hatching" Story
It was past midnight when Evelia and Arbitor informed Csheldi, the Hyre female who looked after the bonding complex, that their children were ready to meet their sponsors. Csheldi helped the parents move the young dragons into the cool fore-room of their nesting apartment. Here, the Hyre of De:halin had covered the earthen floor in a carpet of colorful blankets and rugs. Candles had been lit on either side of the apartment's entrance, and the light orbs that hung along the walls of the room had been coaxed to life. Friends had gathered, and by the time that Csheldi brought the sponsors, there was music and laughter drifting up from the apartment. The Fenda:soans were greeting the new lives, wishing them luck in song and with gifts of food and flowered garlands to the family. As Csheldi waved the three sponsors into the apartment, where they had to weave their way through the small crowd inside the decorated room, she noticed that even the Hii'gaan had left gifts for the Avyndal family. The circlets of delicate flowers and tiny crystals reminded Csheldi that this day was a Hii'gaan holy day- to be born on it was considered good luck by most of them. The flowers and crystals, if she remembered right, were to encourage the spirits to do good around the new children and their family.
Csheldi slipped into the apartment, and trotted past the gathered De:halin people. Her little son, no more than a few days old himself, had escaped his uncle and stationed himself at his mother's side. Most Hyre children never had a chance to be around others of their age, so Csheldi was happy to see that her child would have a few possible friends among the young Avyndals. Of course, they would be gone in a year, but for fast growing dragonets, that year might be enough to make a few lasting friendships.
Once she had separated herself from the other locals, Csheldi presented the sponsors to the Avyndal parents and their gathered children. Six dragonets had come into the fore-room. One of them, the young female named Eruanna, had slid herself in between her mother's legs. Though she didn't look scared of the gathered people, the dragonet didn't look keen on coming out either. One of her brothers, Revion, had chosen to stay with his father, but the little dragon was far from prepared to miss out on any of the ceremony's action. He had trotted right up to the gathered people, and with a Hii'gaan garland around his neck, he accepted the little gifts of food and flowers the the people were offering to the newborns.
Just behind him was Aré. The little dragoness was a bit more greedy about what she took from the visitors, but cute enough to get away with it. Csheldi couldn't help but laugh a bit at the three garlands she had hung around her neck and horns, not to mention the food that she had managed to stuff her mouth with. She seemed entirely uninterested in the offworlders that had come to Aanusil in hopes of sponsoring one of the young Avyndals. If anything, Csheldi thought that the little girl would have liked to stay with her parents, but as it was, they had already been chosen by two of her other siblings. If she accepted none of the sponsors, she would remain on Aanu'sil, perhaps as Csheldi's own.
Curious about this particular dragonet, Csheldi watched her young son follow after Aré. None of the flowers or food was really for him, but Fenda:soans were always kind to children, and the young dragon got more than his fair share of the gifts before he caught up to the little dragoness. She seemed surprised by him for a moment, and the two stared at eachother, but then they sauntered off together.
Confident that the two curious younglings would be safe, Csheldi brought those who were left towards the sponsors. Serethiel looked after her sister, but seemed too intimidated by the presence of so many strangers to follow after Aré. She stared up at Csheldi with a questioning gaze, and then considered the sponsors that had gathered. Unlike her sister, Serethiel took immediate interest in the Biran mix that had arrived on Aanu'sil some time ago. She inched towards him bashfully, but once she reached him, the little creature warmed up to Tchidkyi. She sniffed at him a bit, before he shyly returned the gesture, and without warning, the dragonet took a playful snap at the larger creature's nose. When he recoiled with a surprised laugh, Serethiel laughed with him.
Seeing that the two were paired, the visitors around them, draped the pair with a single, large Fenda:soan garland, and then offered them some tiny sweet cakes. Soft and small, the little pastries were usually popular among young dragons. Serethiel was no different.
"This is fun already," she said to Tchidkyi, crumbs lining her little mouth. Csheldi thought the pair would do well together, and she couldn't help but hope that the Biran might remain within the Federation for a time... he and his bond would no doubt make a good addition to the Alliance. Tchidkyi and Serethiel would add precious new perspective to the Co'ana, as well as strong, kind personalities.
Beridhren chose his sponsor shortly after his sister, though he was far less friendly than she once he reached Solath. The little Avyndal regarded the older dragon for a long moment, his young eyes glinting with intelligence and wisdom that did not quite seem right to belong to one of his age.
"The people sing of a thing called fate," the youngling said. "It would seem to me that your mistake was just that." The little male ignored the food offered him and sat down silently next to Solath. Csheldi still wasn't quite sure that she liked the idea of such a young creature taking one of the Avyndals, but Beridhren seemed set on the mutt, even knowing that the other dragon's reason for being at the sponsoring ceremony at all was a mistake. All Hyre trusted the decisions of their children, and so, Csheldi let Beridhren stay with the other young dragon. Neither Evelia nor Arbitor seemed openly opposed to the idea either. Arbitor seemed vaguely worried about all his young, though he had yet to openly voice his fears to Csheldi or any of the other Aanu'sil staff, and Evelia was busy tending to Eruanna, who was being showered with sweet cakes.
Finally, the last dragonet, and perhaps the shiest creature of the group made her decision. Anira made her way to the young human clone, Lavender, and without a single word, hid herself behind the woman's legs, opposite the gift-giving city dwellers.
Csheldi sighed with satisfaction as the Fenda:soan party mellowed somewhat after this. Most of the younglings, Avyndal, Hyre, and otherwise began playing with eachother in the cool moonlight, while the adults who had gathered began their music anew, dancing and singing together. Those food gifts that had not been wanted by the children were eaten, and the stung flowers had begun to attract nectar moths, whose florescent wings added a calm, but beautiful effect to the apartment's atmosphere. The celebration would last late into the night, until the young dragons fell alseep... which judging by the enthusiastic flaring of awkwardly large wings, and tiny growls as the dragonets played... wouldn't be for sometime.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

And now for the dragons!

JKat
Name: Serethiel ve Eidelyn of the line of Vanwanar
Personality: In almost every way, Serethiel is the perfect match for Tchidkyi. She may be a bit quieter than him, but she loves to roughhouse and play, and she shares his gentle ways. She is accepting of death, not afraid of it, but for the most part, she refuses to be the cause of it, and even hurting other living things seems to bother her. Quite to the contrary, Serenthiel finds herself most happy when she is helping others. As a hatchling, she practiced her healing abilities on hurt birds and lizards in De:halin.
Serethiel is a friendly creature, if a little shy, and most people enjoy her company. However, unlike Tchidkyi, she is perfectly comfortable being on her own. She is slow to make friends, but those that she does make, she tends to become very close to. Despite being generally peaceful, Serethiel will fight to protect those that she loves.
This young Avyndal looks up to Tchidkyi, and will always reserve a special place in her heart for the person that she considers to be her father.

Shard
Name: Anira ve Eidelyn of the line of Vanwanar
Personality: Calm, Humble, Quiet

StarFyre
Name: Beridhren ve Eidelyn of the line of Vanwanar
Personality: Beridhren is a observant, thoughtful, and deeply intelligent creature. Most people find him to be wise beyond his years, and even those who consider his advise to be misinformed will admit that he has an understanding of the world that few others have. Beyond simple knowledge, Beridhren's intelligence makes him seem almost prophetic at times. He can read other people like books, and can read into their pasts and sometimes even their futures as well. This ability is anything but magical, though Beridhren's predictions are often true.
Though he is hardly secretive about these things, Beridhren is otherwise an almost silent creature. He speaks only when he has something worth saying, and seems to enjoy being on his own more than anything else. Even in regards to his sponsor, Beridhren is rather aloof. He helps when he is needed, but otherwise, likes to keep to himself.
He may have big plans for his future, but as of yet, he has told no one.

A Bit of the Note: Those of you (in this case, Jkat and Starfyre) that write stories specific to Aanu'sil get a few treats. Longer personalities, and more personalized images... if you so choose. For Serethiel and Beridhren, you guys can have tattoos added to them if that would fit your story ideas. If they are going to stay in the Federation, I can make up an image with FA tattoos, and you also have the option of adding a personalized tattoo to your dragon. Totally up to you guys though! I just wanted to start doing some stuff for the people who come up with the some extra info for their candidates. I loved the stories for this round too! Really did!

Let me know if any of you have questions, IC or OC. :3 Hope these guys were worth the wait!
Last edited by aireona93 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oh they're lovely :D

Question!

Did Anira bond or take Lavender as a sponsor?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Oo. I forgot about that. I would say that she bonded, just based on what I imagine her personality to be, but it can be up to you. ^ ^ Either way is fine in the end.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Cool, yeah that's good for me :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Sweet. Beridhren amuses me something fierce ^_^

I kinda feel like he'd join the FA once he became an adult - how would that affect his ability to be with Cetir and them (beyond the obvious military stint that you mentioned)? He just seems the type to not turn his back on such a vast collection of knowledge, and obviously a member of the FA has better access to that information than just a visitor.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

That hatching story was awesome! How do you pronounce the ':' mark in 'De:halin', again?

And I love these guys, too. :) Thank you so much for drawing such lovely babies!
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Aieee! Aire, that's awesome! A pairing story and everything! Positively I am beside myself with glee. Serethiel is just lovely, and perfect for Tchidkyi. Thank you so much!

I would love an image modified with an FA tattoo! For story's sake, would Tchid get one as well? And is there anywhere where I can read up on what service in the FA military is like, or what the FA in general is like? *fingerwriggles*
Image Image Image Image
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

@ StarFyre: :D I am so glad you like him. Hope he doesn't give Solath any trouble. Hehehe.
As far as joining the FA goes, after his military service Beridhren is free to go where he pleases and do what he wants. The Federation is big on personal freedom so they certainly wouldn't have any problem with him leaving FA space. ^ ^ If you decide to have him join, would you like a FA tattoo added image?

@ Dray: This is from my in-the-works guide to Sedashizozet, which is the language that the name De:halin comes from.

=> e: has an AY sound.
=> e has a eh sound
=> a has sound like the a in apple
=> a: has an AH sound.
=> i: ee
=> i has an IH sound

So, you'd get something like day-HA-lihn. Seda tends to stress the second syllables in words. Random fact. Hehehe.

Hopefully, I did Sil's species justice. I should send her one. :3

@JKat: I am SO excited that Tchidkyi is thinking about joining. I love sharing my "worlds." SQUEE.

I will get that new image out to you ASAP, and if Tchidkyi were to join he would get at least the FA symbol tattoo- unless he absolutely didn't want it. Besides that, lots of Federation born people get secondary tattoos on their arms and legs to mark battles that they have been in, as well as to remember friends and family lost. Those would be much more optional. They're more of an honor thing.

As far as learning about the FA, I don't have anything officially written up for it (which is weird since it's my brainchild ^ ^), but I would literally love answering any and all questions that you can come up with whenever you come up with them.

Just in general though- the Federation is made up of many worlds and species, and culturally speaking, the people that Tchid would meet while serving in the military would be a mix of all these. However, there is a central Federation culture which is present in places like Aanu'sil and FA space stations. This is the culture that he would have to get the most familiar with, since it often serves as sort of neutral ground for different species to communicate and deal with eachother through. I have lots of little details about the culture, so you can ask me anything you'd like.
Very generally speaking though, the culture and the running of the Alliance are defined by two moralistic tenets: (a) that all living beings should be allowed freedom (b) all species and their members have a right to life despite life cycle or intelligence level. To secondary degree they strive to preserve cultures as well, but they usually refuse to deal with oppressive cultures.

As far as military service goes, most people get some experience dealing with the Siisakoo during their service time- since this particular species has become a major threat to pretty much everything in the spaces around the Federation. If you have any questions about them, I can answer those as well. Otherwise, a Federation citizen may serve to protect worlds and species from smaller threats- such as the Smok, or anything else. Lol. They can also get involved with peace keeping and negotiations with worlds that are considering joining.

Ugh. I could go on forever, but I shouldn't. XD
But totally ask whatever questions you want. I'd love to answer!
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Oh, I think he intends to give Solath plenty of trouble. Hehehehe.

And yes, actually, I'd love the FA tattoo image, since I'm certain he'd join. Also tempted to have him get another tattoo (because that sort of stuff is awesome for story-seeds), but I'm not sure what he'd get.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Oh my goodness, please do keep going on forever! :D I think I have been playing in my own mud puddle for too long. It's about time I played in someone else's. XD

Okay, gosh. Questions.

Ranks? Roles? What would a new recruit with skills like Tchidkyi (and for that matter Serethiel, as she'll want to be a citizen too) be directed towards doing? What are the possible roles and ranks out there? That they would run into?

Tell me about these adversaries! :D I've heard the names before, in your wonderful character descriptions, but I can't recall what exactly what the Siisakoo or the Smok are. Not that my two are the hugest warriors out there, but I bet they could see some action...

Anyways, I was thinking of tossing Aulia Nishaal, the Drewlsi'Sre you gave me some time ago, into their story. Would Drewlsi'Sre be common in the Federation military, having been ousted from their homeworld? Is there some place where a lot of them have settled or ended up?

What is the FA symbol? XD I'll see if I can use one of Tchid's cyborware tokens to get his image modded too! (And perhaps as their story evolves, I'll dream up new tattoos for this wonderful pair... bwah hah hah)

I imagine I'll think up more questions as time goes on! For now, anything else you think I should know?
Image Image Image Image
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Ok. Quick question for Starfyre and Jkat! I shoulda asked earlier.

Do you just want the FA symbol tattoo, or would you like to see some stripping too? Here are some examples of cultural FA tattooing that would not count as your personalized tattoo. If you want to modify the FA symbol for your character, you can do that as well, though it would have to keep its general shape.

Iinequ here is the best example of how far FA tattooing can go. The tattoo on her shoulder is a modified version of the Federation symbol. The little triangles on her forelegs are symbols of people that have died and whom she has sworn to remember. And the stripes on her hind legs are for battles she's been in.
http://testasodofenda.com/iinequ.html

Myrekuth has a good example of what an unmodified FA symbol would look like (though, usually the dots are on the other side of the symbol's "tail"):
http://testasodofenda.com/myrekuth.html

Macropodus has a secondary image down on the page that shows what the striping can also look like. There can be more or less stripes depending on what you guys would want IC wise.
http://testasodofenda.com/macropodus.html

Just as a quick reminder, only the symbol tattoo would be necessary, the striping and memory triangles are more common on Federation-raised people, but can be seen on any member.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Hmmm.... well, as I haven't settled on what's going to happen in their tale yet, I'm going to err on the side of caution! Definitely the symbol for Sereth, if possible made to look as if it fits in with her inherited papa-markings, annnd... I'm going to say yeah striping because it's awesome. :D But maybe just one stripe around each ankle for now. I... may come back some day and ask about adding more, though. If that's okay with you!
Image Image Image Image
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Sounds good, Jkat! I should get that new image to you sometime tomorrow. :3

And before I answer your questions, Jkat... NEW DISTRACTION!

I have finished species info on the Hii'gaan and Testasodo Hyre of Aanu'sil.

Here are links for anyone interested.
Hii'gaan: http://testasodofenda.com/species/hiigaan.html
Hyre: http://testasodofenda.com/species/hyre.html

And... even though the image still needs some editing... I am going to be giving away a few Hyre. The sample image below is Csheldi, the Coordinator of Aanu'sil's bonding complex and the mother of the "clutch" that will be available.

Anyway, these guys are kinda special in comparison to the other clutches going out from Aanu'sil, and because of that they don't have paging restrictions. In other words, you can have one even if you haven't paged your last dragon, and you can get a dragon from Aanu'sil's next clutch without paging the Hyre... though at some point I would want them paged. Hehehe.

You can send in a caretaker for them to bond to temporarily, or they can stay on Aanu'sil, in which case I wouldn't even need a character- just an expression of interest. Extra efforts in the forms of stories will be rewarded, but they are not necessary.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage