Stocking Stuffers (Gather 'round, Chilluns!)

Giveaways or draws, contests or freebies, this is where to go for critters being given out in a non-clutch format.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Dray
Dracolich

Stocking Stuffers (Gather 'round, Chilluns!)

Post by Dray »

Updates

December 25, 2009:
Scratching her head and looking at the multitude of gigantically bulging stockings, Dray turned to her larger red-white-and-black ranch co-owner with brows that appeared to be trying to hide in her hairline.

"Where did these come from?" asked she.

"I don't know, but look, there's one for me!" the looming xenomorph replied, in a voice more chipper than one would attribute to a perfect predator. One supposes that if one is a perfect predator, one has nothing not to be cheerful about, but I digress...

"I wonder why there's not one for me?" Dray asked aloud... though somehow she felt oddly at ease, not joining the fracas of festivities for once.

In any case, Dray didn't recognize some of the names on the stockings, but she supposed she would get to know them pretty quickly. People had begun to trickle in... and everybody would be opening presents soon enough!

December 22, 2009:

The days to Christmas are counting down, finally drawing near to a close! Christmas trees have been set up, decorations adorn every possible flat surface, animals have been suitably humiliated with reindeer headbands... that leaves just one thing!

The hearth at the Ranch of Doom is strangely empty this year... but a little stocking fairy seems to be slowly going to work. Check back to this post and thread often, as it will change!

To sign up to receive a stocking this year, fill in the form located in this thread.

(Do not respond to this thread yet, please! It is under construction!)
Last edited by Dray on Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

The Hearth
Updates
All along the hearth new stockings keep appearing!
It seems as though the stocking fairy has stopped for the night...
Ooh, it looks like some more stockings are appearing!
It seems that the stocking fairy has finished with the stockings... or has he...?
Woah, it looks like the stockings are filling up!
>>The fireplace mantle is completely stuffed with full stockings, there isn't a single place left to put anymore!

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

What could be inside?!
Last edited by Dray on Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:58 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Image Records
Below you'll find every image given out here today in the order that it was received. Click and save only your own, please!

Jess D
ImageImage

JKatkina
ImageImageImage
Last edited by Dray on Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

December 25, 2009:
Scratching her head and looking at the multitude of gigantically bulging stockings, Dray turned to her larger red-white-and-black ranch co-owner with brows that appeared to be trying to hide in her hairline.

"Where did these come from?" asked she.

"I don't know, but look, there's one for me!" the looming xenomorph replied, in a voice more chipper than one would attribute to a perfect predator. One supposes that if one is a perfect predator, one has nothing not to be cheerful about, but I digress...

"I wonder why there's not one for me?" Dray asked aloud... though somehow she felt oddly at ease, not joining the fracas of festivities for once.

In any case, Dray didn't recognize some of the names on the stockings, but she supposed she would get to know them pretty quickly. People had begun to trickle in... and everybody would be opening presents soon enough!

Process and Stuff
Here is how it works! If you have a stocking up there (or even if you don't), you make a post claiming your attendance, and have yourself (or your character) reach into the stocking. You may then get a present that needs unwrapping or a straight-up, unwrapped gift. XD After that you can keep reaching into the stocking until you get a note that says 'there's nothing left!'

After that, there's no cleanup, because it's all virtual, WOOH! (Though I guess that paging counts, doesn't it? X3)

In any case, drop a post saying you're here and I'll start posting presents as I get time. This event will occur over the next few days, so don't fret if you're super busy today, you won't miss it!

in other words, you can post in this thread now!
Last edited by Dray on Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Before gift-giving and getting in the literal world, I bolt with glee to the Nexus first!!

"I'm here! Morning!" Though not for long. Fifteen minutes -- well, closer to ten now -- and real life would snatch me up. Still, the wonderful frenzy of gift-opening was to begin here! I grab my stocking and, grinning like a kid, reach inside.
Image Image Image Image
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

>.>

Trelka found herself in an unfamiliar room, staring at a large fireplace. At least, she thought it was a fireplace. The mantle was so covered in stockings, you could barely see the fireplace. She moved closer, curious, and her eyes widened when she saw her name on one of the stockings!

Cautiously, she stepped closer to the hearth. Obviously she was expected, she thought, as she noticed the little figure on the stocking's cuff. She reached into the stocking...
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Dray had since disappeared into the kitchen as people began to enter, but when she returned, she was holding a tray full of fluted, fancy glasses. "Orange juice and cha... er, gingerale, anyone? It's a tradition!" As she began passing the drinks about, she winked at JKatkina, noticing the first present that the woman in red had pulled out.

"Somebody must have been listening to you," she chuckled, though whether that was a good thing or not...

Noticing the snow leopard woman slinking into the room, Dray sauntered over to greet her. "Hey there, welcome to the Ranch! Have a sip if you'd like! I'll bring out some more nibblies in a moment."

While Trelka may not have liked the colour pink, at least the present had a certain... joyfulness about it. It seemed to be rocking, like an egg! "Better open that up!" the anthropomorphic hostess crowed, grinning from ear to ear.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Kat laughed, happily taking the festive drink with a warm thank-you. "Oh god, they were certainly listening about the nasty paper color. Now!"

Paper was shredded everywhere about as the gift was unwrapped!
Image Image Image Image
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Trelka pulled out a package, wrapped in pink paper and ribbon. It was rocking, and the feline wasn't quite sure what she should do, until the apparent hostess entered the room, offered her a drink and suggested she open it quickly.

Noticing the other guest had already begun, she didn't hesitate to join the fun. Carefully using her claws, she ripped the paper from the package, and peered inside.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Phoenix never stopped loving the way things just up and happened at the Ranch without her or Dray planning on it. It was wonderfully delightful! And of course it helped that one of those brightly colored stockings had her name on it... complete with an adorable little doll of herself, zomg!

She was so entranced with investigating all the little dolls that it took her a moment to realize people were starting to arrive and pluck things out of their stockings, which meant it was safe for her to join in as well! With a very un-xenomorph-like squeak of glee, Phe scampered back to her stocking and reached inside to see what would meet her hand first.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Selverat stumbled into the room, propelled by a nudge from Kerkael's muzzle. He rubbed at his eyes, then stared blearily at the room and the people slowly gathering.

What was he doing here of all places? ... More to the point, where was here?

"Bloody dragon, kidnapping me from my bed..."

He squinted further at the room, finally noticing the stockings hung. For some reason, one had his name on it, and he gingerly took it down and stared peering into it.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Zooming in like a giant (but not -too- giant) dragonfly, Uny made a quick circuit of the area, taking note of those already present (and playfully buzzing a few friends), before bee-lining it to the stockings. She marveled at all of the tiny dolls attatched to each, squealing with glee when she found her own. The stocking was large enough to perch on, so she did so, and poked her head inside, wiggling with barely suppressed excitement. Pulling out again, she reached in with eager paws to pull out whatever may be hiding inside.
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Kitsuneko »

(My virtual stocking looks almost exactly like my real stocking this year!)

Kitsuneko didn't concern herself with how she came to be here, but with her faithful rukel Daisuke on her shoulder, she went straight to the stocking with her name on it. After cooing over the mini-Kitsu attached to it, she reached in and pulled something out...
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Eve was quite used to all things strange and out of the ordinary, so it was no surprise to her when once the plume of smoke from her current experimental concoction had cleared, she found herself somewhere other than her lab.

Her initial dismay was short-lived when she realized she was not somewhere unfamiliar, but at the Ranch of Doom. Glancing around, she felt herself relax at some of the familiar faces. They were chatting, they were clinking glasses, and many were huddled around the mantle of a fireplace, so stuffed with stockings she didn't know how it didn't collapse under all the weight.

Her curiosity was piqued when she noticed that one stocking held her name. Nor could she contain the small squeal of glee when she noticed further the little mini HER on the bow of the stocking.

With a large grin, she stuffed her hand in quickly, digging around.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Rita had finished up a brief stint healing folks while they were in the Winter Realm, where the far more dangerous (and talkative) Lord of Winter resided. Paragon was safe for the moment, and Lethayukulen was keeping her apartment safe (like anyone would mess with a building that had a dragon curled up on top of it? Even in Paragon, that'd be pretty stupid!).

On a whim, because that was how she rolled, Rita teleported out of the Realm and found herself... elsewhere. It seemed familiar, but she wasn't certain whether she'd been here herself, or maybe while dreaming, or even if there might be a doppleganger of her running around the multiverse.

However, there were dragons, and that was a great sign. And: there was a festive atmosphere and looked like a gathering of folks from far and wide had begun.

"Oh good I'm not late," she chuckled to herself. Someone moved away from the area where colorful stockings were slung, and Rita realized that there was one - complete with her full title from her Paragon Heroic ID card - and a little doll of her on it. "Adorable and awesome cannot begin to describe this," she said, holding on to the stocking and giggling. Not really by accident, but not completely under her conscious control either, she let off a sphere of energy: it bathed everyone around her in a kind of blue-green light momentarily - and then everyone felt like they'd just had two cups of strong coffee.

"Um... oops," she laughed.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Kebbenmaich was one of the few gatherers who needed a chaperone. At only six years of age and with a penchant for collecting small creatures, it was no wonder his mother came along! The Rurachi made sure to keep a tight hold on her son's green sweater, to keep him from running off and getting into more trouble. A cluster of flits circled continuously near him and a small winged orange tabby followed behind.

"Is mine the green one?" Keb asked excitedly, hopping with glee and reaching immediately for it. "It has a little me on it! Oh mom can I get it? Please?"

His mother nodded and let go of him. "Go reach inside. But come right back here after!"

"Mo-om. Nothing bad can happen here! They're all dragon people like you!" He responded, quickly running to his stocking before she could change her mind. To his dismay, he was too short to reach the stocking by himself! Luckily his winged friends solved that for him, picking up the stocking and holding it lower so he could reach inside. Why waste time with looking when he could simply pick it up?

(Sorry, I got carried away. I just love this kid.)
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)

Post by Guest »

Even though it was Christmas afternoon, Valerian was still not quite awake. Only when Kyren insisted that he get up at once did he finally stir and yawn heartily.

Everyone else's already up and at it. his green bondmate told him rather sulkily.

"Yessir," Valerian mumbled and yawned once more before heading to the door and shuffling down the steps to where his dragon waited - rather impatiently.

With unexplained dragon magic/transportation/plot-no-jutsu, the young greenrider soon found himself amidst a crowd of Christmas cheer and sparkly colors. It was blinding. "I didn't have my coffee yet," he balked but Kyren insisted he claim his stocking first before thinking about caffeine. (Besides, it's midday already!)

As he reached for his stocking, Valerian took a quick glance around at his neighbors and was briefly cheered to see that at least he wasn't the only one who had arrived in his pajamas...

He looked dubiously at the bulging stocking and mumbled something about the dangers of sticking a hand into a bag with questionable content.

Just do it!

"Yessir.."

Despite his initial drowsiness, the holiday cheer was infectious and Valerian eagerly reached into the stocking...

(merry christmasss~! - waddles off to eat more cake -)
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

[[...I am so unable to write anything...sorry Dray. I can't think of anything with my head under pressure. :P If it's required, skip me...I'll see if I can come up with something later, perhaps...]]
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com

Post by Guest »

Aressaun lounged lazily in an oversized chair, full and content from his extra large and extravagant Christmas dinner. While slowly caressing the kelly green stocking draped across his lap, his scientific mind imagined what exciting objects might reside within. Unable to contain his desire any longer, Aressaun dumped the contents onto his lap with a happy sigh. "Merry Christmas to me, indeed!" he exclaimed. Christmas really was one of his favorite holidays!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

[[One sentence posts are fine, Yakima. X3 Don't worry! Still working on linework. >.>" Videah games stole my family's attention for a few hours there. XD]]
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

Muffin had no idea what he was doing here. The whole debacle was just too joyous for him. To top it off, his corruption powers had somehow been hampered by the festive atmosphere, so he couldn't take advantage of the gathering to do what he did best.

As a result, Muffin spent much of the evening sulking next to the fireplace, glowering at anyone who approached. He glanced up at the mantlepiece and noticed a lovely balefire-green stocking hanging there amid a few others, but this one had a little figure that looked just like him attached to the bow. Glancing around furtively, Muffin pulled down the stocking, sniffed it, then cautiously reached inside...
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

And his heart grew three sizes!

LOL! :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

(Sorry this is so late, I had a busy day!!)

Erinnyes, but more commonly known outside the Nexus as Caroline (and yet more commonly that that, Care) had been making her rounds of places to be during the holidays with the usual unfashionable lateness she was known for. This was the first time she'd been invited to the Ranch, and so much of her time had been spent gawking at Xenos and anthromorphs that by the time she'd made her way inside, almost everyone had already arrived.

Shamelessly, she waves a perky hello and voices, "Happy holidays!" to the room. Had she been even a few moments later, she might have missed the greenish light that ended up pushing her over the edge from jolly to jittery, but that's life! Now twitching like a junkie and apparently unable to keep still, she spies the stocking and follows suit with everyone else, reaching into it for whatever might be inside.
Kendarath
Dragon

Post by Kendarath »

Kendarath had been informed of this gathering and the stocking for her by one of her contacts while she was meditating that morning, so even if she didn't know the place, or anybody there, she showed up, hands in the pockets of her jacket.

She greeted the host cheerily, taking a glass of... gingerale before making her way over to the mantel and her own stocking. The little figure of herself made her smile, and she wondered briefly if it counted as one of the presents, but she set that thought aside as she reached into the stocking for the first gift.
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Guest »

Late as usual, Tajka strolls in with her tail flicking madly. She sits up on her back legs and surveys the crowd before spotting something with her name on it. She prances over, rubbing against the legs of those who seem powerful and useful.

Hopping up on the mantle, she sniffed at all of the stockings before stopping at her own. Greedily, she dipped a paw in to see what was waiting for her.

Post by Guest »

((Ohgodimsolatefff))

Matilda, late as usual, wandered in and looked at all the others; people of all shapes and sizes, stockings and presents of all colors. She closed her eyes to steady herself. There was supposed to be one for her.. She let her eyes scan the stockings that weren't claimed yet..

There!

She somehow made her way across to the stockings and lifted hers from the mantle, retreating to a less occupied corner before she stuck a patchwork hand inside and pulled out the first object..
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

[Okay...tries something...]

Natalya curls up in a corner, watching everyone and listening. Curled up and like-wise enjoying the activiy are her two flits, Caramel and Cream.

[blah, I know...but it's something. Should have sent a character i KNEW better. But she was an christmas dragon so, yeah...:P)
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

*coughcough* Just wondering, is there any progress or chance of these being done/sent?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I had progress during the holiday season, but got sidetracked, and then school hit. XD I had actually forgotten all about it!

I think it would be odd to bring it back in the middle of summer, and my mind is not really on it. But when x-mas rolls around this year if people are still around, perhaps I can get cracking on it again!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Okay, I was just wondering if it'd been forgotten ;)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com