Christmas Giveaway #4?

Giveaways or draws, contests or freebies, this is where to go for critters being given out in a non-clutch format.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

aireona93
Dragon

Christmas Giveaway #4?

Post by aireona93 »

Well, I decided to jump on the bandwagon and do a Christmas giveaway. I am just giving away one type of dragon though, so my giveaway isn't nearly as exciting as the other ones out there right now (:3).

Anyway, I don't know if many of you remember, but a long while back I did a little giveaway featuring my Sevar Skai species. I don't have their information up again on my website yet, but I really wanted to do a giveaway for Breed 2 since I have had this template chillin on my computer for a while, and I really like it.

So, very briefly, the Sevar Skai are a species of dragons with a culture that focuses on the creation of different breeds. Everything related to reproduction is determined by their government, though anyone who wants to breed their Sevar Skai in the Nexus is welcome to.

The particular breed that I am giving away was designed by the Sevar Skai to serve as explorers. They are extremely hardy, and can survive unaided on most planets (even those only marginally life supporting), and for some time in the cold, vacuum of space.

Example Image:

Form:
Your Name:
Color Preference? Body colors may be any shade of green, brown, or grey; spine colors can be green, or blue, and rarely black (if you request black, please note that you might not end up with a dragon that has this color); if you have no preferences, I will just put something together for you ^ ^
Last edited by aireona93 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Pretty!

Form:
Your Name: Kitsuneko
Color Preference? Main body green, no other prefs
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Your Name: Dray
Color Preference? Grey and black (or blue if black is not possible!)

Not nearly enough grey-coloured dragons in the Nexus! Also, may I add that this template is SO COOL? It has such attitude! :D
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Form:
Your Name: StarFyre
Color Preference?: Surprise meee
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Oh, lovely! I am all over Aire' templates!

Your Name:
Color Preference? Creamy brown, and something that looks good with that!
Image Image Image Image
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Love it! :D

Your Name: Shard
Color Preference? cool grey (bluish), blue spines
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

Form:
Your Name: Yakima
Color Preference? brownish green or jade green (grayish for both of them); green spines.
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com

Post by Guest »

Your Name: Saeri
Color Preference? Up to you!

Post by Guest »

Form:
Your Name: Aressaun
Color Preference? Grey body and some variation of blue spines :)

Thanks! Can't believe Christmas is five days awway!

Post by Guest »

Form:
Your Name: erinnyes
Color Preference: Surprise me! :D

Post by Guest »

Deliciously fuzzy!

Your Name: NeoGeen
Color Preference? Gray/Blue
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Count me in!

Your Name: Cyyy
Color Preference: Gray and green pls :]

Post by Guest »

Your Name: Birdie
Color Preference? Surprise me~!
Kendarath
Dragon

Post by Kendarath »

Your Name: Kendarath
Color Preference? Brown/Blue

:D These look really neat!
ImageImageImageImage
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

Your Name: Kayla
Color Preference? body - kind of a slateish grey/cool grey, spines black, but if not, an indigo blue, if possible?

Thanks! Seconding the love for this template, he's fuzzy and cuddly looking - whether he'd enjoy it or not. :D
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Before I start posting images, here is some info. Please excuse any grammatical errors. I am super short on time, but I wanted to type some stuff up for these guys.

Name: Sevar Skai: Breed 2
Other Names: Skai Explorer Breed
Average Height of Adults: 2.7 Meters (9 Feet)
Coloration: This breed has a wider color range than Breed 1; its base colors can be any variety of greys, browns, and greens. Color patterns are often simple and flat, through brindle and body-wide spotting are not uncommon. The spikes and scales that grow along the back and limbs of this breed are usually bright green or blue, and, in rare cases, black.
Physical Description: Though this breed does resemble Breed 1 in its canine facial structure and body shape, it lacks the wings and bright feathering of Breed 1. Breed 2 is quadrupedal, and sports a long, flexible, spade-tipped tail. Their forelimbs have opposable thumbs, and their musculature and skeletal structure allows them to walk bipedally for short periods of time. They also sport manes, and a line of long poisonous spines runs from their foreheads to the base of their tail spade. Some vibrant scaling is also present on the limbs of this breed.
Senses: Breed 2 eye sight is extremely acute and they can see in infrared and ultraviolet wavelengths far outside of the standard range. Their sense of hearing and smell are also much more sensitive than the standard senses, and their sense of touch is so sensitive that they can feel the vibrations of other beings from up to 5 miles away.
Emotions: For the most part, standard, though they have a very strong defensive instinct, which can make them almost mindlessly violent when attacked.
Abilities:
- Limited Invisibility: This breed can become invisible when it is not moving.
- Rage Attack: When attacked, a Breed 2 will return the attack in a rage that supplements its strength and persistance.
- Breath Weapon (Acid): This breed of Sevar Skai can fire an extremely corrosive acid at enemies.
- Photographic Memory
- Can survive for long periods without breathing
- Can survive for long periods in a vacuum
Anatomical Specialties: Breed 2 has acidic blood, and beneath their fur, their skin appear to be a leathery mix between the skin natural to Breed 1, and something more akin to an exoskeleton. The teeth, claws, and spines of Breed 2 are extremely toxic, and there are very few species known to be able to survive after being damaged by these growths.
History: As suggested by its breed number, this breed is believed to be the second Sevar Skai breed and it probably came into existence shortly after the Sevar Skai left their homeworld. It is unknown exactly what species the Sevar Skai sampled in order to come up with the traits seen in this breed, but some Xenomorhph genes are highly suspected.
Their jobs within Sevar Skai society have long been geared towards exploration, and they are known for being skilled field ecologists, and zoologists, which makes them quite common members of Sevar Skai genetic collection excursions. The Federation has found this breed to be useful in much the same way, though they make extremely effective soldiers as well as explorers.

Names and genders are up to you guys!!

Kitsuneko

Dray
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oh my gosh, gorgeous!

I think I'm going to have to make a layout just for 'xmas 2009' dragons this time around. I'm short on time, too, but I love reading the information that you make up for these guys. It's so in depth and contains so many random tidbits that I'd never have thought of including.

Thank you so much! Hope you have a good xmas! :D
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Aw. Thanks, Dray!
I am such a fiend for species info, I love writing it and reading it. XD I'm glad that it's somewhat interesting.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Eeeeh, xenodragon gene splicing! >:D That's so cool, I thought they looked similar in the tail even without reading the info!

Do you have any suggestions for naming conventions? I'd like to get this guy paged right away!
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Sevar Skai don't have any naming conventions. They just name themselves whatever they want, and change their names as often as they please. :)
Those that enjoy taking part in other cultures may take on names from those that they are in contact with, or are interested in.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I so know mine is gonna wind up on Planet Twenty exploring with the Zekirans and Kin...
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Is there a place that we should link back to? Your signature links lead to geocities! D:
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Here's mine, though please let me know if any of the information seems wrong!

http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Delta.htm
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

I'm finally back. 0.0 Sorry for the long wait!

Dray- you can link back to http://www.testasodofenda.com/characters
:)

StarFyre

JKat
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Oh, COOOL. Badass. :O I love the mirrored blue spikes/orange stripes!
Image Image Image Image
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Shard

Yakima
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yeeeee! :) Yup, mine's gonna be out with the Zekirans on planet 20 :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Re: Christmas Giveaway #4?

Post by Dray »

Silly question years later, but where would you like us to say that these guys originated from? I realize that I have Delta linked back to the deviant-uprising version of this giveaway! :O That ought not be right!

eta: Also, do you have a new page for your old records page? I'm wondering about the Ake Asant breeding project -- overall I'm building a better index page for all of my dragons that includes their origins, and I have a few from you that are from specific clutches so I'm not sure if Aanu'sil should be the one I use for all of them!
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

You can link to the Sevar Skai species page (http://testasodofenda.com/species/skai.html) or Aanu'sil. Either works. :)

And I do not have a new records page for my old clutches- although, it would no doubt be a good idea to consolidate everything. You can just link to Aanu'sil for those guys at this point- although Ihlathi was actually on a different world.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

(Way to make me think this was a current thing and almost sign up for one, Dray X3)
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry