Caer Talor Cliff - Hatching One Found!

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Caer Talor Cliff - Hatching One Found!

Post by Yakima »

If anyone needs or is interested, I have found the first hatching for Caer Talor Cliff (bows to the Internet Archives). XD

Clutch #01
Dam: Gold Naomith
Sire: Bronze Treyath

Fate played itself out that day for the Caer, waking everyone from sleep with the happy dragon cries. The eggs were hatching, and in the middle of the night, just to complicate things. It was nearing midnight, and soon it couldn't be considered 'night' anymore, but 'morning'. Even if it was pitch black, save the two Alskyrian moons floating overhead.
Torches had been lighted around the dunes, and because it was night time, the sand-filled dunes were luke-warm; easy on the feet, unlike midday. Dragons crowded themselves on the ledges built into the walls far above the dunes themselves, and in their excitement, were spitting fire into the air. Not long flame, meant to do damage like trained, just little spouts. These spouts, in addition to the torches, made the place dance in shadows and flickers of flame licking the air.
The nosiest people were shoved out, no one was present but those bonded and the bonders themselves. The visitors and families of the bonders could drink and speculate from the enormous kitchen caverns not too far away.
Some bonders meander in, still blinking the sleep from their eyes, others just about sleep walking, and still others, alert and definitely awake. Nervousness probably played a part in the behavior in much of those that appeared alert.
The large gold, Naomith, her hide dulling from her brilliant gold to a shiny bronze with age, raises her bulk to her feet for the bonders. As if to prove herself capable of moving, and very much awake herself, seeing as how she was the one who alerted the Caer. Treyath, the honey-colored bronze sat beside his mate on the dunes, looking from his mate, to the bonders, to the eggs he'd sired.
"Just about ready, don't you think?" Treyath raises his head to his mate. The tip of his right horn had been jaggedly broken off decades back, and while it had been worn down, the jaggedness remained, giving him a very unique look.
Naomith snakes her head back to glance at Treyath before studying her eggs. "I'd say so." she nods. She lowers her head, so her bottom jaw nearly touches the sand, and eyes the bonders dangerously, "These are my children. So don't dare try to come closer than you need to."
From off on the edge of the dunes comes the voice of the Caerlady, "Naomith." The gold snorts, blowing the loose sand near her nose in a little circle, before raising her head and sitting back down.
All grows tensely silent as the first eggs start to rock. From inside the eggs, the instinctual calling of the dragonlings could be heard. Little peeps, mewing, and even a gurgle or two, are emitted from the shells half-buried in the sand. The first egg to crack breaks the silence with a growl, throwing the shell away from himself. Even in the red-hued light from the torches along the walls, it was evident that the first dragon to hatch was a red.
"Alright, where are you, I know you're here.." the red started rambling as he walked, unbalanced, across the dunes. His wet wings dragged in the sand, then flipped, showering any nearby with that sand that had attached to his wing in the process. "Aha! I found you." the red then proclaims. "I'm Yuvarajth, and you're Skiel, right? Right. Now how's about introducing me to some food?" his new rider obliges the talkative little red, and the first pair of this hatching make their way off to greet the waiting visitors and family members of all.
Three eggs hatch together, a purple and cream next to one another, and a silver shaking herself off not too far away. The purple is the first to come to her senses, and she trots, if a little unsteadily, to the bonders. With wide whirling opalescent eyes, she looks at each one, 'smiling' at times, but always moving on. As she passes one young man, she pauses, and goes back to him slowly, as if hearing something he'd said. "You like my color?" she asks hopefully. Falon nods, grinning, "Yes, I do Daeteth!" The cream is the next to go, having been watching the bonders her violet-shaded sister passed by. 
The cream walks right up to the young woman she wants, and sits in front of her. "You know what, Juel? I'm glad Lurineth saved you, and Daeteth passed you!" The young woman smiles, embracing the cream's head. Her whispered words wouldn't have been recorded if those next to her hadn't recounted her saying, "I'm glad too, Mitisath!" As they walk off, the silver, having been practicing walking over by Naomith, decides to walk, if slowly, towards the bonders. Because she was watching her feet walk, and walking so very precisely, she didn't notice how quickly she had walked up to the girls, and bumped right into one. At the impact, the girl steps backward once to steady herself, and the silver is thrown backward to a sitting position. "Ack!" the silver exclaims, "Anything worth doing is worth doing right. ... But maybe I should watch where I'm going next time?" the silver blinks, tilting her head. Raajiz chuckles, "Unless you want to knock over everything in your way, you should, Naazath!"
During this, four more eggs were on the verge of breaking. Two of those eggs shattered simultaneously, the next two falling in line right after. A blue, a red, and two bronzes are seen in the low light of the dunes. One bronze stays put, while the other three move forward, the blue and bronze leading. The red stops halfway between the place where he broke shell and the place. The bronze and blue both head in the direction of the mass grouping of boys, having known their chosen. "Come on Taerl, I haven't eaten... ever! So you've got to feed me before I get too hungry." The bronze nods his head, and starts walking off. Taerl, a little bewildered at having such an order from his new lifemate in such little time, hurries to catch up, "Uh.. okay, alright, I'll feed you, just wait for me, Aeroth!" The blue enforces a similar threat on another young man standing nearby, only this dragonling is a more physical one, pushing Azhitak's lower back with his head towards the exit. "I'm hungry, too! No time to lose!" "Zahirth, no need to push, I'll go willingly!" Azhitak laughs.
The red, seeing his two brothers being pushy, and the bonders remaining, snorts his defiance. "I dun need any of yeh." He stalks off to the edge of the dunes and sits there, glaring at anyone who tries to approach. Seeing the futility in trying to get the red to Bond, all eyes turn back to the bronze who had sat down before. But there was a problem - he wasn't there anymore. As the search for the missing hatchling starts, a loud broadcasted voice suddenly shouts from behind the bunch of boys, "SURPRISE!" startling everyone near him, and drawing the gazes of everyone else. Broadcasted laughter ensues, "The look on your face was priceless, Falas!" The young man sighs, smiling, "You're going to give me a heart attack if you do that again, Blazeth!"
Meanwhile, three more eggs had hatched, a gold, another bronze and a purple. The purple runs across the sand, not caring as she trips occasionally, and eventually trips enough so she slides across the cool sand on her stomach, wings outstretched. "Whee!" is all she says, until of course, she slows to a gradual stop in front of Xuxa. Looking up at her, the purple grins, "Is that flying?" Xuxa shakes her head, grinning, "Not really, Mygath.." The gold then parades up to Kyra. "Good thing you're here. Now I get to go find food faster than if you weren't!" hunger getting the best of the hatchling, as it had with several before her. Kyra laughs, "Follow me then, Oleath!"
The bronze walks away as a couple more eggs start rocking. Dave is the first and only person the bronze chooses to look at. "I think you should come with me. I'm hungry, and you're mine!" Dave smiles, "Well then, Saoith, I haven't got much choice in the matter!" As the new pair walks off, the eggs that had started rocking snap open, the dragonlings flopping onto the dunes. Two creams, a black, and a silver decide to come from the eggs that broke. One of the creams lags behind her also cream sister, as the two of them start forward. The cream dragonling in front starts crooning, and doesn't stop until she reaches Mikaila. The cream looks up at the young woman and pauses her crooning enough to be heard broadcasting her voice, "You think you can introduce me to Jerlan?" Mikaila laughs at the question, then nods, "Sure, Asterith!" The black passes the cream, who had stopped momentarily, at a run. At this speed, even though the dragonling wasn't going all that fast, she slides into the knees of Alesty, knocking the young woman over. Alesty sighs, "How many times am I going to be knocked over this week?!" The black dragonling stops and studies Alesty for a long time before asking, "Do you think I could earn myself a title someday, Nyxerba?" Alesty blinks a moment, staring at the black dragonling, then slowly smiles, nodding, "I think you could, Darseth..!"
The cream turns completely away from the bonders, and walks over to the red who had refused the bonders earlier. "You waited for me?" "What makes you think I need you, either?" The red nearly snarls. A second later however, the snarl has disappeared, considering the hatchlings were talking in the normal dragon rapid-thought-speak to each other. They had bonded each other, it would seem. 
The silver who'd hatched with the three now bonded walks up to the bonders, looking over each one. Seeing as how there was still a hefty number of bonders all packed together under the watchful eyes of the adult dragons, the silver pauses, as if calculating the next move. Surprising everyone, the hatchling gets down on her belly and starts crawling underneath all the bonders. Because she crawls so quick, most have little time to move out of the hatchling's way, and just make sure the hatchling has enough room to either get between their legs, or around them completely. Stopping, the silver looks up, and grins at Meghana, "Well.. at least I got here?" Meghana laughs, "Seoltath!" shaking her head at the crazy hatchling.
Five hatchlings break shell then, one after the other. Two reds, a cream, a blue, and another as of yet unknown hatchling, who was still pretty much covered by it's shell. The first red darts across the sand, trying to get there before his cream sibling who takes chase. But as they both run to separate arms, they relax. Dane and Salvari comfort their respective dragonlings, Dane stroking the red's head, and Salvari tickling the cream's chin. "No one can have you but me. And I can help you!" The red proclaims mysteriously, the subject between the two of them. Dane smiles at the hatchling, "That sounds just fine to me, Pyrkagiath." Meanwhile, the cream looks up lovingly at her chosen, "I'm Myzineuth, Salvari!" The young woman grins, "That's a lovely name!" 
The blue walks away completely, and sits alone on the side. The other hatchling however, was having a little trouble. "Uh.. help?" his voice is broadcasted. A few of the bonders go to walk forward, but as the young man Praesagium starts to walk towards the hatchling, all others stop for their own personal reasoning. Squatting slightly, Prae uses his hands to flip the shell off the hatchling. The only reason the dragonling couldn't get it off himself was due to the inside of the shell being sticky. A couple of the bonders, and even dragoners, looking on gasp slightly at the coloration of this particular hatchling. This dragonling wasn't black - he was multi-colored. The hatchling shakes himself off, and glances around, "So what if I'm a little different?" Prae nods, "My sentiments exactly."
Four more eggs hatch as the newest pairs make their way off the dunes, revealing their colors as a bronze, a silver, a brown and a purple. The purple and bronze are the first to their feet, and scurry across the sandy dunes. The first one to make it to their chosen is the purple, who nearly tackles Ambralia. "Oof!" the young woman grunts as the hatchling fails to stop, even though trying to. "Sorry.." the purple apologizes a little sheepishly. Ambralia, straightening up, and helping the dragonling to steady herself as well, smiles, "It's okay Yulisath." The bronze, shortly after the purple's bonding, announces his own choice in lifemate. "Cesio's mine!" He looks at his new rider, "Right?" Cesio grins happily, "Of course Romaleoth!"
The so far, only brown of the clutch, is the next to choose. Xerol laughs at something the dragonling says before exclaiming, "Of course you aren't late! There's going to be a couple more after you, Teunath!" the brown seems pleased with that, and vocalizes this by exhaling as he broadcasts, "Good!" Of the last five eggs remaining in the entire clutch, one remains unmoving, while the last four still vibrating crack open. The only green in the clutch, and next red make their way towards the bonders, followed closely by another silver and black. As the green nears the remaining girl, the black trumpets. Sabreya looks away from the green she'd been staring at and towards the black who'd screamed. As the black makes it's way over to the remaining bonders, the red chooses.
"Lets get out of here, Alioquith." Pertan smiles broadly at his lifemate. The red nods his head the affirmative, "I agree." The silver slides past her black sibling and trots over to the girls. "Lets follow Alioquith, Rita. I'm very hungry, and I have a feeling that the others will have eaten all the food!" Rita smiles, "I'm sure there's plenty left, Asimith." They indeed follow the new red and rider out, while the green who had been studying the last female also slinks out, apparently unbonded.
The black sits in front of Sabreya. Sabreya tilts her head, "That wasn't really nice, you know." The black croons, "Well I couldn't let someone else bond someone meant for me!" The young woman smiles broadly, "I guess you're right, Moirath."

Falora looks at D'ten and squeezes his hand, "Another great hatching for the records, wouldn't you say?"
The Caerlord nods, "Definitely one for the records. In more ways than one!"
Treyath looks at Naomith, "And you're saying those are all my brood? Some certainly were a tad weird.." Naomith grins smugly, looking at her mate. "All our offspring have been weird. I think it's your family lines, because it's definitely not mine!" 
And thus starts the arguing meant completely in jest. What a night!

Bonded
Praesagium (Prae) - Rainbow (BP) - Veneficuth 
Alesty (Nyxerba) - Black - Darseth 
Sabreya - Black - Moirath (moira means 'fate, destiny' in Greek)
Kyra - Gold - Oleath
Meghana - Silver - Seoltath (Seolta means "skilful and ingenious" in Gaelic)
Raajiz - Silver - Naazath
Rita - Silver - Asimith
Cesio (Ceo) - Bronze - Romaleoth
Falas - Bronze - Blazeth
Dave - Bronze - Saoith (Saoi means 'wise man' in Gaelic)
Taerl (T'rel) - Bronze - Aeroth
Dane - Red - Pyrkagiath (Pyrkagia means 'fire' in Greek)
Pertan (P'tan) - Red - Alioquith
Skiel - Red - Yuvarajth
Juel - Cream - Mitisath
Mikaila (Mika) - Cream - Asterith (Asteri means 'star' in Greek) 
Salvari - Cream - Myzineuth
Xerol (X'rol) - Brown - Teunath
Xuxa - Purple - Mygath (Myga means 'fly' in Greek)
Ambralia - Purple - Yulisath
Falon (F'lon) - Purple - Daeteth
Azhitak (Az'tak) - Blue - Zahirth
 Unbonded
Red - Aporriptoth (aporripto means 'reject' in Greek)
Blue - Gyrosth (gyros means 'turn' in Greek)
Cream - Anamonith (anamoni means 'wait, expectation' in Greek)
Green - Elpidath (elpida means 'hope' in Greek)
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Sweet. I had 3 in there, Rita, Dave and Dane. :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

XD I just wish Furtim and Altus worked, too. :( I cant' get the second one for CTC, though. The Archives missed it. :( I had three in that one...my Caerlady's and two more. >.<

Alair WolfKeep
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

I wonder what ever happened to Falora? I miss Talor Cliff...
ImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

From what I recall when she kind of faded from view, she was extremely active in school and sports things in addition to her art and computer stuff. I suspect that college and such had more important things for her than doodling. :/

I once tried to get ahold of Gallimim's owner, through a link that led to her college but they didn't really know how to go about helping me find her. She dropped off the face of the earth very, very abruptly.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

I tried e-mailing Falora/Sabreya for the adult images for three of my gryphons. I ended up editing the only gryphon adult I had to "make" the adults since she never did reply. :( And I don't know anyone else who was in the clutch of Aelinth (green-white) and the bronze. However, Aelinth is Falas born and since I never liked the thought of Aelinth suddenly becoming Alskryian because she moved to talor Cliff, Lyraeth and her clutch have always been half-Pernese in my mind. >.<

Alair WolfKeep