Reusing Images

Sometimes you just want to express your opinions and have a healthy debate with your friends, but anything that turns into deliberate attacks/flaming will be shut down. Don't take anything personally, remember that we're all friends, and remember it's your choice if you start reading. :)

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Reusing Images

Post by Kitsuneko »

I've run into a problem lately paging newer characters, especially Pernese ones. There are very few places left that I know of with fire lizard images or other pets, and most of those will probably be gone soon. Also, I have several images with older candidates from places that are defunct or not online anymore, which I really like and want to use again.
Do you think it would be acceptable to take and reuse fire lizard and pet images from Weyrs that aren't online anymore, even if there's nowhere to link back to anymore, if you still have copies of the images?
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.

Post by Guest »

I had actually been wondering the same thing myself, what with Geocities going offline and such. Most of the places that offered firelizards and pets, after all, were essentially click n' take and the owners didn't keep track of who took what. So I'm guessing that as long as it was a place like that, where you didn't have to fill out a form, it would be okay?
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

So long as you give credit, even without a link, I doubt there's any problem with it. It's not our fault the sites have gone down, and it doesn't make our current properly obtained pets invalid, so may as well reuse the images.
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

I have a folder in my files completely dedicated to mass-saving pets from sites, JUST IN CASE I ever want one again, complete with a .txt file in each to tell me where to link to.

So I say with credit given as much as possible, it's fine.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yeah that's all I would say, put a "this was from here" statement and we all pretty much KNOW that if it's a geocities, aol or other such defunct location it's not going to get a link. Besides: we were already there at those sites getting the images long ago. I don't think they'd be unhappy with us reusing things that might never have been seen later.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com