Nidus Corona Dragon Clutches

Giveaways or draws, contests or freebies, this is where to go for critters being given out in a non-clutch format.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Dray
Dracolich

Re: Nidus Corona Dragon Clutches

Post by Dray »

I'm pretty sure that Delyar is to blame for that shirt, actually. X3 I still love that image, thanks to 'em!

I'll get working on it. I have a list of dragons that I don't have links to (gasp, the start of an abandoned page?) that I'll track down, see if I actually gave them away... and if their actual owner is AWOL or they just never went out, they'll make their way to a page where people who are looking can take a gander.

My 'abandoned!' page for Corona is going to be a little different: the clutches are going to be by year, which means that I'll upfront tell you guys when in the timeline they're available. Some are about a decade apart, depending on if they're the kind of dragon who has to bond at birth, or if I can allow them to have been sitting around for a few years, growing up without a partner in crime. The specifics will be right near the preview images, just so that nobody is confused... I hope! It already sounds a little confusing to me... but I have gone out to drinks with some people so it may just be that I'm not all home right now.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

While I was browsing through my people, not necessarily the group I just mentioned, I had a couple that were headed to Silva. Did anything ever happen with that?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Do you mean for the Supernals? There was one of them here but I was only giving out one per owner. I don't remember having anything else up for grabs from there! Can you be more specific?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Ah, yeah Amethyst was the one I'd sent, when there were still spots. Not sure if the entire nest / group got given away. I'd need to re-do her page if they're not, so when you've got a list of available clutches and/or abandonees elsewhere I can just re-do it more for that.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I hadn't been keeping records for Silva aside for that Supernal clutch, since everything was still very under construction... I don't have any info on Amethyst kicking around... though she's one of your colour clones, right?
Dray
Dracolich

Nidus Corona Abandonment Warning

Post by Dray »

I've gone through all of my clutches to date for Corona and just wanted to let folks know about the ones whose links I couldn't find. Here's a list -- let me know if I've simply missed someone!

Astra
Red Surpleth, bonded to Haleth (H'leth) - Link to Info

DragonFlight
Black-Blue Vasu Quipeery, bonded to Soni - Link to Info

Erinnyes
Blood-Spattered Dark Green Wamputh, bonded to Alenna - Link to Info

Kayla
Blue-Black Dark of Night, bonded to Djaluss Selamputo - Link to Info

Keilin Alyr
Green-Gold Jachurith, bonded to Katie - Link to Info

Kendarath
Silver Varnished Dark Yellow Zaeziz K. bonded to Aristaeus - Link to Info

Stardancer
White-Silver Stairan, bonded to Tero - Link to Info

Tiiyn
Winter-White Almega, bonded to Avu - Link to Info

Unyko
Black-White-Blue Dun Quipeery, bonded to R'ael - Link to Info

Because a lot of these people aren't around regularly, I'm not setting an abandonment warning for a certain date. Rather, I'm going to be uploading about five dragons at a time to my 'to be adopted' section, with those who still don't have owners yet going first. Once those are all adopted, I'll begin through this list alphabetically to reclaim dragons that never got paged. The whole process should take more than two weeks -- probably at least a couple of months with the rate that I move, so if anyone happens to swing by and see their name up here wrongly, just toss me a link. You'll have up until your listed dragon gets re-homed, at which point it will officially belong to whomever re-adopted it.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

You're in the Nexus group on deviantart, right? Might want to also list those there. Just in case someone sees it there that hasn't gone here in a while.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Not a terribly bad idea, all told! I keep forgetting about DA!
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Kaureel's page has been updated to include Dynara: http://darklingdawnpersonas.freehostia.com/kaureel.html
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Kalil and Sedeliasayith are here: http://characters.lambeosaurine.com/shintaru/kalil.html

E: I also have no idea how I would've mentioned that shirt to you... but that sounds like something I would do.
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

A while ago I mentioned that I was going to create a 'still to be adopted' page, but I decided to roll that together with an IC ledger of births.

Nidus Corona Ledger of Arrivals documents the hatchings and births of everyone at the Nidus starting from Year 10 onward -- what this means OOC is that I have a list up with preview images of the dragons that are still up for adoption, as well as quick links to every Nidus Brat that's been born in a year. Any image that you see that doesn't have a link for the name (those are the ones I've kept) or a 'transferred offworld' note in their information (those are ones that have been adopted) are pretty much up for grabs.

If you're interested, I'm more than happy to have a candidate story (or 'novo', as the Nidus calls 'em) -- (I have a bunch of info on the Nidus ready if you want information about it in character; I love reading about characters interacting with my settings and feel that they're a very generous addition to a candidate story!) -- but I also give dragons out in exchange for two basic candidate forms, which work like a skeleton stats page for a quick bit of inspiration. You keep one of the candidates and I flesh out his or her stats as needed, and I keep one of the candidates and make a page for them to stay at Nidus Corona.

There are no deadlines, and I've decided that I'm not going to bother people about missing URL's that were posted above for a while. I will probably be going back and filling in the arrival information from year 0 - 10 (possibly I'll make separate pages for each decade!) but that will, again, be some time in the future.

Thanks for following along with my little Nidus simulation, even if it isn't a concerted effort to have images written for and adopted out! It's been really fun to set up a system and then just... roll dice to see how the Nidus grows over its IC years. :3
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Do the themes for the earlier clutches still apply? I'll probably apply either way, as now that I've seen some of those draks, they look gorgeous.
Also, I love the names that came from the Avyndal/Athanasian/Asandus clutch. XD
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'm thinking of scrapping the themes because there isn't a lot of activity to justify them. Would you like some background story or info for a novo, or do you think you'd rather do the 'two novo stats form and get one and a dragon back' method?
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Background info would definitely be useful for the future, but I think I'll do the two-novo stats to start, at least for the first one.
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

And apologies for the double-post, thought I'd go ahead and leave these here:

Name: Fahlis
Race: Were-Tyrannosaurus
Appearance: Quite tall at over six feet and well-muscled. He has light brown skin and almond-shaped, blue-green eyes. His hair is dark brown, straight, but kept very short.
Other Form: How exactly did Fahlis manage to survive an attack from a were-dinosaur? Well, even he's not entirely sure how, but it probably helps that the law of conservation of mass applies. He turns into a Tyrannosaurus on the full moon--but a very small one, that weighs the same as his human form. The color is a rusty reddish brown, with the underside being a lighter creamy shade.
Personality: Tricky, calm-minded, sly, domineering, and deceptive

Name: Matha
Race: Anthropomorphic Hyena
Appearance: Covered in grey-brown fur with black spots. He has long, pointed ears and a somewhat stubby tail, as well as sharp claws. His hair is a stark white against his dark fur, worn long and braided. His eyes are a golden yellow with faint flecks of green.
Personality: Superstitious, laid back, street-wise, reckless, and shy.

No preferences for clutches, I kinda want them all.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yeah I totally loved doing the "multiple choice" novos! :D I have a few good ones from those!

A WERE DINOSAUR.

:D

>_> And not quite coincidentally but entirely odd: my landlord Mike? His full name, honest to freaking god, is Michael Tyrannosaurus Kadie. His folks were freakin hippies. :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I wish we had the ability to vote up posts on the forum -- for no other reason than the fact that it's become such a habit in other aspects of my day to day internet rounds. X3 Shard, your poor landlord!

I'll see to your form in a bit, Kitsuneko. I have to check as to which is the last you got one from.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oh he absolutely OWNS it though. Since he builds electric cars and such (and if you know of anyone in beautiful your area who promotes such things, drop me a line lol) he can get a lot out of the name just by being catchy.

I need to catch up on my uploads and make sure I'm not forgetting anything (and I've got several things outstanding over on deviantart now too ugh) but I might try throwing something at you too.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Yulara
Fledgling

Post by Yulara »

I might be interested in adopting some of these, but I need to finish up the group I'm working on right now. So, it's going to take a little bit of time, especially since I don't know the first thing about Nidus Corona and should probably read up on it before I start chucking characters into it's world. :)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Yulara, hold that thought until I have something coherent for outside visitors. Right now my site is something like a cross between a character database and a huge messy pile of dragon adoptables waiting to be. You'll have plenty of time to finish your group!
Yulara
Fledgling

Post by Yulara »

Duly noted, Dray! Thanks for the heads up. I'll hold off then for now.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

In efforts to get Nidus Corona more visitor-friendly, I'm revamping the index pages for both it and the larger United Nidusii.

Here are a couple of maps (one is old, one is new!) The map of the Nidus itself is coming next, along with a more traditional rules-page. Since Nidus Corona operates on a year-to-year basis, I will be providing an overview of what each year looks like to a visiting Novo. Any clutches that are open during that year are free for you to submit a novo -- once all is up and running!

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

(hehehe - little hills. big hills. BIG ASS HILLS.)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

*fawns* maps! I love maps! I love making maps..I...*gets things thrown at by her hobbit and bitten by her old muse*

ANYWAY...

Dray, what are you planning to do with my dragons I got from you? I've moved but haven't gotten to moving files to the new domain (MOSTLY cause im on a revamping kick...again...urg...and want to start implementing PHP and back end database stuff to HOPEFULLY make my life easier...Star has offered but she's busy with our Nexus site atm...). I'm just wondering cause some of the babies I have from you are rather important to me and to any future plots I think...I do want to come back and do nexus stuff again but then i look at the number of dragons and chararacters I need to update and feel like crawling under a hole. A BIG one.
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com