Nidus Corona Dragon Clutches

Giveaways or draws, contests or freebies, this is where to go for critters being given out in a non-clutch format.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Re: Random Dragon Giveaways

Post by JKatkina »

Landwerlens: always pretty.
Image Image Image Image
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Waaaaant. Luckily I'm on holidays now so maybe I can rouse the muse out of stasis >.>
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

If you guys have any preferences for games, events, or whatever, just let me know. X3 I like running them but my creativity is somewhat limited!
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

How convenient, I've got an ice-themed guy looking for a bond. :D (Edit: ...Or sponsor would work just as well in his case, now that I think about it.)

Your Name: Kitsuneko
Preferences: Landwerlans
Novo/Candidate URL: http://darklingdawnpersonas.freehostia.com/kaureel.html
Novo's Name: Kaureel
Novo's Gender: Male
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

So, funny story: my flashdrive with all of my Nexus stuff on it (transferred just so that I could work on this stuff over the holiday) died and had to be reformatted. :I I'll be giving out the dragons as soon as I get back on the 4th though! I'm sorry for the inconvenience!
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

So I have to get in on this, apparently. What is Christmas break for if not millions of dragons?

Your Name: JKatkina
Preferences: Landwerlans!
Novo/Candidate URL: http://www.avengaea.com/characters/ngewuun.html
Novo's Name: Nge-wuun -- she is an ice lady living in firecaverns!
Novo's Gender: Female
Image Image Image Image
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

^^ PAGING SPREE GO!

Glait'Neey: http://www.silveredmagic.com/candis/glaitneey.html
Glanit'Neey: http://www.silveredmagic.com/candis/glanitneey.html

Your Name: StarFyre
Preferences: Landwerlans!
Novo/Candidate URL: http://www.silveredmagic.com/candis/endellion.html
Novo's Name: Endellion - What better than a bold and brash fiery warrior?
Novo's Gender: Male
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

So sorry for the wait! I'd forgotten about this set while I was putting the Gather together. Hope they suit!
(And because I'm trying to help with the feel that these guys aren't just boring images and stats, have a little story-blurb to go with each one. ^_^)

Nidus Corona, Year 25
The day that the little Landwerlen tribe had been brought out to market was one of great hubbub for the youths: they only really got to visit their grandmother once a month since Vyly had retired from duty in the Nidus proper, and the elder Geperna-derivative was spry and quick to joke. But the fact that their visit had coincided with a great market visit? That was something to be rejoiced over. Dyva's older daughter, Prima, was shepherding her younger brothers and sisters along. Today, the big white Piralan, Ecieso, was accompanying the gaggle as well, though Dyva wouldn't have called him a partner for life. Having the extra eyes and paws on the kids was a boon, at least. The past few years had been trying, and Dyva, adamant that at least some of her children get a grounding in home-life, was proud that the children had decided on their own that today was the big one. It was their hatchdays, more or less, and the pile of 'em had had some sort of secret meeting. They wanted their mother to know, her bronze son, Aenieso, had solemnly told her, that at the market they were going to find themselves some suitable travel companions.

That left Dyva with a flutter of nerves... but overall, she'd taught her children good values. They wouldn't make the wrong decisions.

Kitsuneko
It didn't help Dyva's nerves that as soon as the children hit the Main Market, a fully-blossomed farmer's and trader's market on the road east out of the Nidus, the whole lot of them scattered. "Queue back up, my little gaggle!" she called. But was no use -- there were too many people and too many sights to see. They were as well scattered as the four winds.

"I'll hunt them down," Prima told her mother primly. She was just a little slip of a thing -- her heritage left her bipedal, as small as a human -- but she had a big presence. "Take Ecieso with you," Dyva told her, "I don't want you to get stepped on."

"I'll send up a note when I find someone," Prima told her cheerfully, as she and the much quieter Piralan hurried off together in search of little balls of fluff.

It turned out that the first of Dyva's little trouble-makers had already found her mark: an icy Hyedhostar was wending his way through the tight-spaced lanes (tight, at least, for a dragon,) tracking a pick-pocket. Dynara Landwerlen was in turn tracking him, flitting with unnerving speed from behind one bolt of cloth, to another fish-barrel. She was watching him with the intent to learn, so that when Kaureel had found his mark, Dynara got a full show as the Hyedhostar slit the pickpocket's purse.

"Yaaaay!" she cheered, bursting from her cover like a mega-sized dust bunny. Kaureel, startled, nearly dropped his prize -- but moreover, the pickpocket's attention was alerted... this was going to be trouble...

Name: Dynara Landwerlen
Species: Asandus Mutt
Colour: White
Father: White Piralan, Ecieso Aelban: http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Ecieso.htm
Mother: Bronze Makanan Mutt, Dyva Landwerlen: http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Dyva.htm
Size: Medium-Large
Height: 17'
Abilities: Verbal Speech, Functional Magic, Shifting (Human Spectrum), Telekinesis, Time Slowing
Personality: Sneaky, Crime-fighting, Enthusiastic

JKatkina
The second little dragon was not hard to find at all: in the center of the market there was a great, open space for seating, with the smells of foods from all of the distant parts of the Nexus wafting around, creating a tummy-rumbling dilemma for those who were hungry. It wasn't so much because Decadeina was hungry that she was here, however, but rather, there was a heavenly voice singing children's songs. Dragonets and human children, amongst those who enjoyed family activities, were gathered around Nge-wuun, tossing coins into the bowl at her feet as she sang and danced. Decadeina, always the little performer, took no trouble in leaping out of the crowd to join the Schattarneki. The young dragoness even took to the older one's dance moves with only a few moments to memorize and practice, herself. Given that the coins were coming in faster now that Nge-wuun had someone to perform with, Decadeina felt a thrill of pride. Finally, she could stop being taunted by her siblings for trying too hard!

Name: Decadeina Landwerlen
Colour: Orange
Father: White Piralan, Ecieso Aelban: http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Ecieso.htm
Mother: Bronze Makanan Mutt, Dyva Landwerlen: http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Dyva.htm
Height: 17'
Abilities: Verbal Speech, Functional Magic, Shifting (Human Spectrum), Telekinesis, Invsibility
Personality: Performer, Charitable, Friendly

StarFyre
The last child had managed to wander her way right into the middle of a barfight. The sound of phaser pistols going off had her fluffing up like a huge, red, hairy balloon, and in no time flat, Ennila was hiding behind one of the overturned wooden tables. "What in hell are you doing in here?" a huge, red dragon demanded, startled by the child's presence.

"They're shooting at me!" Ennila replied, wide-eyed.

"No, they're shooting at me!" Endellion retorted, never the less scooping Ennila under his wing. "Listen, kid, just stay behind me, alright? Kid? Kid?"

"I'm here!" Ennila told him. She shifted a little, her otherwise invisible form rippling against the background.

"Well, hell," Endellion replied, bemused. "That's not a bad idea!" It wouldn't be long before a gout of steam whistled up and over the table, clinging to a rippling bit of invisible dragonet. Hopefully they'd be able to evade the people that the whorling had managed to piss off...

Name: Ennila Landwerlen
Colour: Red
Height: 16'
Abilities: Verbal Speech, Functional Magic, Shifting (Human Spectrum), Psionics (Telepathy, Teleportation, Telekinesis), Invisibility
Personality: Brash, Quick-Thinking, Smart

And even still, several more of Dyva's children were wandering the market, getting into their own mischief...
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Those are awesome, Dray!!! I love all that fur!
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
eccentricbirdie
Egg

Post by eccentricbirdie »

Oh, no, I'm gonna have to scrounge something up for this. I'm getting addicted again. xD
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

HAHAHAHA, I love Endellion's storybit. That's... just.. so hilarious ^_^
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Ahhh I freaked at "the last child" thinking they were all gone. I'm going to have to get my hands on these. By the way, loooove the story bits you've been including - very engaging.
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Image Image Image Image
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Your Name: Delyar
Preferences: Landwerlan for one, Drak for the other (no preference for who gets what)
Novo/Candidate URL: http://characters.lambeosaurine.com/30- ... esert.html
Novo's Name: Aevirdan/Aumurae
Novo's Gender: Male/Female

EDIT: Woops, forgot a door number for the drak. #5!
Character Listing
Dray
Dracolich

Re: Nidus Corona Dragon Clutches

Post by Dray »

Delyar
((Sorry for the wait! I was in paging-spree mode so I forgot about this thread! ^^;))

At least the two cousins were where they had intended to teleport to. The Nidus was chilly, clammy and overcast with a spitting of rain. It appeared that the two, so recently come from the searing heat of the desert, had arrived during the off season for this coastal dragon village, for the crowds that tended to arrive to Corona during the summer months were not in attendance.

In fact, the two newcomers were the only humanoids currently in the central field that composed the middle of the Nidus. A large, fluffy, amber coloured dragon was trotting their way, and it took a moment before Aumurae noticed that the larger dragon was actually trailing along behind a much shorter one -- no surprise, given the smaller dragon was more or less the size of a dog. "Good morning," the small dragoness -- a cream-coloured Draclin with ebony spines along her back as well as two long, thin horns -- greeted the two humans. Her follower sat with a whumph behind her, his huge, teal eyes glowing as he regarded the two with silent interest. "I was told that you are from Enzan Shi?"

Aumurae, taking the lead, replied, "we are. We'd heard that you were looking for bonders. Novos?"

The Draclin smiled fondly, a touch of dry humour tinting her next words. "Perhaps when we find the dragonets, we would be." Before either of the newcomers could ask, she continued, "no need to be alarmed -- the mother, Cyarajzt, had meant to bring her offspring out this morning to choose, but the four of them had taken it into their heads to play hide and seek. We've managed to find one already..." The Draclin had turned, casting a look over her folded wings. "Come with me, we'll get you settled in for now."

Aumurae, well acquainted with the antics of children, wondered, "do you need help finding them?"

The Draclin laughed, her voice a warm chuckle from such a small body. "That might be a help, actually! This way."

---

The two Enzani humans were settled at a table near the kitchens, the cavernous space warm and welcoming after the drizzle in the courtyard. There were a good number of humans and dragons around them, some come in from a day's work, others enjoying a day off in front of the contained firepits. The roof above was composed of raw lumber lashed in place under timber that had been covered in shale, and most of it was lost in darkness, but dried sides of meat and fish and massive bundles of herbs lent the entire place a savoury smell that would likely make any carnivore hungry. Aevirdan watched as one furtive creature actually reached up and snuck a flank for itself, tucking it under its wing when another dragon looked its way. When the dragon noticed the tiny human staring at him, it winked, teeth exposed in a mischievous grin. It was easy to understand, being an outsider, how the Kadael Clansmen had been so frightened of his wife and his cousin's husband's dragons... the creatures were huge.

Nearby, a bronze-skinned young woman was settled in -- entrenched, even -- on a couch with half a dozen dragonets, the children obviously the progeny of the large, white fluffball who was curled around the lot of them. Aumurae could remember when her own children were so young. Certainly they weren't fluffballs like these infants, but she could feel her heartstrings tugging at the sight of the vary-coloured babies cuddled up around what she assumed to be dragon and bond.

A woman with cream skin and ebony horns was approaching the two of them, bringing mugs of something richly fragrant. "My name is Kalin," the woman told the two of them, "and yes, I'm the same person as before -- just figured I'd shift to a more appropriate size." She grinned, passing the mugs out between the two of them. "It's not quite coffee," Kalin explained, "one of the Pernese settlers brought in some plants and they're taking quite well. They call it 'klah', if you haven't heard of it."

Allowing them a moment as she settled herself down, Kalin explained quietly, "Dyva and her partner announced that they'll probably be sponsoring their children out when they're a little older," she gestured to the woman a table away. "They were born a few months ago, so they're still quite young."

"They're also quite smart," the bronze-skinned woman called over, grin quirking tiredly. "You're never very subtle, Kalin."

The Draclin woman leaned her arm over the back of the chair as she regarded the children nearby. "Well, I just thought I should bring these two over. They're both looking for bonds."

Dyva cast both Aevirdan and Aumurae a look that Aumurae, at least, knew very well. A parent rarely entrusted his or her child to a teacher without some trust. She nodded, a gesture for the two to come closer. Two children were settled on her lap, strangely draconic compared to Dyva, herself. "They haven't figured out how to do much in the way of shape shifting, yet," she explained, "but I'd been stuck on all fours for so long, I needed a break." She helped one of the babies shift, the pale furred creature blinking blankly at the two humans. Dyva crooned, provoking a tiny dragon smile.

"Adorable," Aumurae told the mother. The dragonet purred, paws reaching up to make pies at the air. "May I hold one?"

"You both might, if you like," Dyva replied, coy. "Ecieso," she told the white Asandus upon which she was propped, "help me weed out a pair, here."

Shortly, both Aevirdan and Aumurae found themselves cradling a duo of dragonets, one with pale fur, one with rich, dark fluff. They were quite obviously young... but it soon became apparent that these were not the kind of dragon who latched mind to mind at birth. They were painfully adorable, though, it was true!

---

Introductions made, the pair of humans soon joined the effort to find the dragonets who were the bonding type... even if the draklings were not altogether intent on bonding right away. Following Kalin, both Aevirdan and Aumurae passed by a few nidulus doors as Kalin explained. "Chances are, they're huddled up with some dragon or another, being fed sweets and read stories or otherwise taking up their host's time. We don't much worry; our Nidus has very little crime, and we tend to foster children amongst one another. Usually it's the human children who are running in on us, though. You can knock on anyone's door, nobody ought to mind. If they're not home, just move on to the next."

She demonstrated, knocking on the fifth door down. Still being in the same circle as the courtyard, these niduli seemed quite large, so it wasn't much a surprise when the Optima opened the door a few moments later. She bounced a small child on her hip, smiling widely when she recognized the Draclin. "Hello, Kalin, what can I do for you?" Noticing the two humans, she gave a cordial nod. "Newcomers?"

"Novos," Kalin explained. "But we're looking for Cyarajzt's children."

The Optima made a sour face. "I'm convinced they're under the log pile off of Main," she told the two. "That's where my son Dialynn and his little troupe head to whenever they want to cause trouble." She shifted her child over, the small girl sucking her thumb as she solemnly regarded the Enzani with pale eyes. "I'm Terry," the woman told the new pair by way of introduction. "You ought to be in good hands with Kalin. If you need to stay for a while, we have rooms for novos and tiros -- welcome to the Nidus."

"We'll give the log pile a check," Kalin told the Optima, once introductions had been made.

((In other words, Door #5 has now been checked! Pick another number -- and would you mind if I put up the dragons at the same time? ^^; I can have your Landwerlen if you'd like right away, but thought that pairing both Aevirdan and Aumurae at once would make more sense. You can pick another number for another blurb now, if you like -- and I can put up a Landwerlen in the next post if you'd rather page one now!))
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

January 31st Update:
Ornuth and Crith have had a tiny clutch of old-fashioned looking Pernese dragons. The theme for this clutch is 'paging oldies' -- if you have a backlog of dragons to page, show me a link of one that you paged recently in order to snag one of these. The dragonets will need bonds; either you can provide one or I can make one.
Ornuth x Crith
Offspring Claimed: 1/4

For the current list of open clutches, see the first post in the thread. There are novo submission forms in the first post as well!
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

I am totally okay with waiting! This is huge fun to read.

Door #16!
Character Listing
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Ennila is here: http://www.silveredmagic.com/candis/ennila.html

Repaged oldie is here (I actually just did this Sunday night, lol, and boy is he an oldie!): http://www.silveredmagic.com/candis/einzelth.html

Your Name: StarFyre
Preferences: oldie clutch
Candidate 1 Name:
Species: humanoid
Appearance: cheerful, notable
Personality: clever, dogged

Candidate 2 Name:
Species: humanoid
Appearance: enlightened, slick
Personality: reckless, cultured
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

StarFyre
Name: Sinoth
Species: Pernese Mutt
Colour: Brown
Father: Turquoise Pernese/Star City Mutt, Ornuth: http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Ornuth.htm
Mother: Bronze Pernese Dragon, Crith: http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Ndad.htm#Crith
Size: Medium
Height: 10'2"
Abilities: Telepathy, Teleportation, Assisted Firebreath
Personality: Intelligent but stolid, Sinoth is a steady rock who enjoys puzzles that are more abstract than his bond's more down to earth problem solving. He has a mind for numbers and enjoys crunching probabilities. He has become a great asset to Farthen, being able to predict with lightning speed what will and will not work in his bond's projects.

Rider: Farthen
Species: Dragonborn (Bronze)
Appearance: Though Farthen looks like a reptillian humanoid with a coat richly polished bronze, coin-like bronze scales, he also has the unique ability to shapeshift into other species, meaning that he can also look human, or elfen, or dwarven. In these forms he usually has rich, bronze-polished hair, though he will change the tone of his skin to match the majority of whatever race he is staying in. In any form, he is muscular for his species and broad across the shoulders. He does adore his dwarven form, enjoying primping his luscious beard and decking it out with real coins. Those friends who know him in this form are often jealous of his impeccable facial hair.
Personality: Farthen is a clever fellow with a strong drive to create and innovate. He travels from one city to another, disguising himself and passing himself off as a travelling technological and magical savant -- which is true, to some extent. He works his way into the inner circles of the mental elite, enjoying the camaraderie of other intelligent beings regardless of their species. Farthen has left his mark in many villages who needed better milling towers, water wheels, fences to keep livestock in or bandits out; cities have given him awards for innovations on more efficient roads or river traffic, housing, and other civic planning. He rarely reveals his true form to others, though sometimes when he is sleeping or excessively drunk, his draconic heritage will show in odd ways.

Delyar
As the pair of Enzani humans continued on their particular task, they were passed a pair of umbrella spells by a passing resident at Kalin's request. "Oh for some sun once in a while," the Draclin sighed, showing the two how to pop the tab on the spell. Three faintly luminescent domes appeared overhead, their radiance illuminating the three like halos that had the much more mundane bonus of keeping them from getting wet under the worsening rain.

The log pile that the Prima had suggested did not, in fact, house any four-winged children, though a small gang of humanoids did indeed scatter as they looked around. Stranger danger!

That option tapped out, they eventually knocked upon another door. It was a few minutes before a strangely silver-faced man opened his door, peering out. A waft of cigar smoke billowed out after him as he asked, "what can I do ya fer?" He eyeballed Kalin, then the two, eyes narrowed. From behind him, the sounds of an argument came wafting out on the cigar smoke.

"Is everything alright?" Kalin asked, already on alert.

The man snorted, scratching behind the golden fins that grew from his scalp. "Yar, Camillo's tryin'a cheat Siche at poker, is all. She's not having any of it." He grinned. "Who's this all?"

"Aevirdan and Aumurae, of Enzan Shi," Kalin introduced. "This is Presche Silvacaela." She pronounced his name with a slight edge -- she did not, apparently, like him all that much.

Noting that defense, Aevirdan felt as though it was probably time to get to the bottom of things so that they could move on. "Haven't happened to see any small dragonets around, have you?" he wanted to know.

"Har!" Presche barked, taking his cigar from mouth, tapping it out of the door. "That's a good one. You ain't drowned under 'em yet?"

"Presche, these two are novos," Kalin explained, warning in her voice.

"Oh, good! I got one or two in here I c'n toss your way. Clean up!" He laughed, joking. When he realized his joke had fallen flat, he snorted and gave the three of them a look. "None of them drak kids here, you mean that sorta thing. Had the kids through, though, taught 'em a bit'a Bower Five Straight but they got bored. Kids," he said, by way of explanation. "Heard they were planning'a splitting up, though. Could be anywhere by now!"

"We'll keep trying," Aumurae suggested, giving her cousin and guide a look of relief once Presche had closed the door. It was probably a good thing that the draklings hadn't decided to hang out around that one -- he was a bad influence!

((Try again! XD))
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

I am loving this tour. :D It's fun to "bump into" names I've read before. Alright, door #24!
Character Listing
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

((Anyone else can join in as well! Just need a candidate name and a number that hasn't been picked -- all of the picked numbers are listed in the first post!)

Delyar
The trio wandered north at that point, taking a muddy side road around the Nidus and back around towards the courtyard again. Kalin pointed out a few features along the way -- these were the houses of the recently bonded, the dormitory-like building centered around a dragon bathing and feeding area, with individual doors for the riders to come and go by. The Novos, too, were housed closer to the courtyard -- and to any potential clutches, should a mother have laid them in public view.

Aumurae, curious, wondered if they could check those quarters. After all, she and her cousin would likely be staying here if they couldn't find those draklings for some time.

They climbed the wooden steps at one end of the Novo dorms, wiping off the soles of their shoes on the provided mud swiper. Kalin showed them how to deactivate their umbrellas -- it was bad luck to leave a spell like that going once indoors, after all -- and the three went indoors. This building was lower than the great hall they'd visited earlier, built more to the proportions of humans than of dragons... though it was likely a smaller dragon could fit through the halls, here, if necessary. Stairs led to a floor upstairs, but Kalin cautioned them: Novos were all kept on the first floor for now, as there weren't a lot of them.

"If I were looking for a place to hide," Aevirdan noted, smiling in that quiet, apologetic manner he sometimes had, "I'd probably head that way first. I know that my kids would, anyways."

Kalin cast him a look that suggested she knew what he might be talking about. "My adopted children loved to play hide and seek, too," she admitted. "Well, all of them except for Veni'. He was the big amber coloured fellow you saw me with, earlier. He loves his mother," she told them, smiling fondly. "But we don't usually have dragons in this building -- there are a few Novos from other places housed here, and it's a more or less safe space for them, in case they aren't used to much larger people." She hushed her voice as they reached the top of the stairs, and the three heard an odd, humming noise. It was high and sweet, and the three of them paused at the top of the stairs, overcome by a wave of lethargy.

Kalin dropped her umbrella, the little device falling down the stairs with a hollow rattle -- and the noise halted immediately. A face appeared around the corner, belonging to a young man with ghost-pale features and an ugly scar across his ear and jaw. His pale eyes flared wide, he clutched a bell to his chest, apologizing profusely. "Oh, nobody is supposed to come up here," he told them, by way of explanation. He backed away as Kalin shook herself from her reverie.

"What, exactly, was that?" she asked. "Novos are not to practice magic in the dormitory, you know."

"It wasn't -- I mean," The young man looked down at the bell in his hand, clutched so carefully to his chest. "It was important," he told her. "Nobody else was supposed to hear it."

"That doesn't explain what you were doing," Kalin retorted.

"I..." The novo looked as though he was thinking of his next words very carefully. "There is a ritual I needed to perform... for my people. It's a requirement. Sometimes there are rannafications -- uh, ramifications." He was blushing pink across most of his face, leaving the scar an even uglier pale shade.

Kalin cast the young man a long, hard look. Then, relenting, she said, "we've been looking for some dragonets. None have happened to stop by, have they?"

The young man frowned. "Yes, three of them came by just before I came upstairs -- I needed some space," he admitted, looking sheepish. "Try downstairs."

"Be careful with that ritual of yours," Kalin warned, frowning still. "You should report that to the Archmaegera -- she'll be able to provide you with a proper space."

"Er, yes, ma'am," Rahn replied, hanging his head.

They were shaking the effects of whatever the ritual had caused as they descended the stairs, Kalin apologizing to the two newcomers. "There can sometimes be clashes," she told them, "different cultures and technologies; but we all need to get along, here."

There was a common room for all novos, and they heard a commotion before they had even reached it. Inside, a small crowd of younger men and women were clustered around a tiny drak... but that drak was held in the arms of a scruffy redhead. As soon as he noticed Kalin, the novo stood, hoisting the desert drak up in his arms like an oversized cat. "He just walked in and bonded me!" the man exclaimed.

Kalin placed a hand delicately upon her forehead, so as not to impale her palm upon one of the dark horns sprouting there. "And the rest of them?"

"Took off before we could get our hands on them," another Novo replied, looking hurt.

Kalin sighed. Turning to the two newcomers, she said, "I'm going to stay here for a time and make sure that this little one's been recorded and that Abnecate is moved to the proper housing. If you would like to keep looking, feel free to knock on any doors -- find someone in the main hall if you need help."

((Officially they found a Novo named Rahn, but since one of the draks bonded in that vicinity, I thought I'd throw him in there, too. XD))
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Can the person have been bonded already? *hums in thought*
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

I feel like a child in an elevator whining "why can't I just push ALL the buttons?" Door #17. PS: Love that you keep referencing their kids in this. :3 It's fun to write older candidates every now and then but even more fun to see what you've done with them!
Character Listing
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Yup, pre-bonded characters are fine. Delyar, I'll do a writeup tomorrow -- just got home from work and need to be in bed. X3 Thanks, though! I hope that the writing isn't too rambly!
eccentricbirdie
Egg

Post by eccentricbirdie »

Recently Paged: http://eccentricbirdie.webs.com/characters/Sacahi.html

I'd like to keep the second candidate. c:

Your Name:
Preferences: Old Fashioned Pernese
Candidate 1 Name: Kegan
Species: Human
Appearance: Slender and tall. Long fingers. Icy blue eyes. Long blonde hair.
Personality: Cold, Quiet and Focused.

Candidate 2 Name: Faemita
Species: Human
Appearance: Round, green/blue eyes. Long red hair, wavy and to her waist. Sort of short and pudgy.
Personality: Loud, Prideful and Honest.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I'll get Sinoth up tonight... too tired/in pain right now, blrr, stupid real-life fetch-quests. ("Get these papers and go to this office!" "Eh? We don't do that, stop coming to us. Go over there." "Oh, hang on, you need this form filled out and brought to this other office." "Alright, all this is in order, now go COMPLETELY ACROSS CAMPUS and hand these in.")

So if I may... http://www.silveredmagic.com/candis/dibus.html and drak door #7?
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Sorry, again, for the wait! Work... if not tonight, will try for tomorrow. Blargo, forgot how draining it was!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Would anyone be interested if I put up a list of dragons still adoptable from Nidus Corona, as well as some more clear information about the in-character environment? I'd like to put something together to make it easier to write or plot. I'm just curious if anyone else is interested in semi-pernese or non-pernese dragons these days!

Thanks for the input... it's been forever. I love that the Nexus is taking off again!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yes please.

I have a boatload of characters that had been destined to the Victory Dance, but... I have no idea whether we'll ever see that event (even with the snazzy dragons donated that I may yet just use for myself, or ... hm) so there are some of my older Dawnlight and Blackstone creations in limbo for it. Semi-pernese would be fun for them, but I'm always up for dragons.

... Your avatar's shirt is fucking hilarious.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com