Nidus Corona Dragon Clutches

Giveaways or draws, contests or freebies, this is where to go for critters being given out in a non-clutch format.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

xDD

Armann and Lawlys are officially paged.

http://naeodin.atspace.com/index.htm
Under Armann:ambition.With a tiny story being written (which will be uploaded under adventure) as we speak.

<3

this IS like candy!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Ba ha ha. XD Awesome. Can't wait to see where this is going, Sunny. I'm going to have to dig around my files for what few Vella Crean dragons I actually have... I can't remember if I have many. I have a couple of half-bloods, though! Hmmm!
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

ehehhee. this is going to be so fun! really need to take a seat somewhere quiet and caffeine filled to type up the madness in my head<3 curious to know if you have any! <3 saw the half blood through your link...and then got distracted with all the other pretties.xDD
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

For all that I did those clutches of VC dragons from Star City way back when, I never kept any myself, and I came in late enough that I don't think I ever got in on the real deal. Strange world!
Dray
Dracolich

Still want of dragons?

Post by Dray »

Getting back on track with this project, it appears that everybody who's submitted a novo has gotten an image for it! I was wondering if anybody would like to see more of these kinds of dragons, and to continue with the idea of sending either two basic-stats characters that I develop, or their own storied candidate.

I am thinking that I could potentially have a list of available clutches that have occurred in the Nidus during its IC year, so that you guys have an idea of what you'd be getting. Would that make nabbing dragons potentially more interesting, or is the getting of random grab-bag dragons more interesting?

I know that we all have an endless supply of dragons to page, and not much has been going on in the Nexus because of that and classes/real life getting in the way! I suppose I can page all of these guys myself, or else let them fade into the mists of unpaged-time, but if there's anybody who still is interested in these, I'd be more than happy to see them go to good homes!
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

What sort of dragons are available from this, Dray? I think I missed all of it with being too busy to remember to log onto the Nexus... :P
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yeah if you've got a good list maybe we can just choose down it and go. :)

>_> unpaged dragons? seriously, I don't even know if I have unpaged. that's why I'm having trouble finding something for my xeno facehuggers... :D Not... to... imply that i'd do that to these!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

At the moment I've only got a single part Danachian and a Hydra -- siblings to this gal and this guy, respectively.

Oh! I have a batch of dragons similar to this guy, all either black or pale white/blue colours as well!
Shard wrote:Yeah if you've got a good list maybe we can just choose down it and go. :)

>_> unpaged dragons? seriously, I don't even know if I have unpaged. that's why I'm having trouble finding something for my xeno facehuggers... :D Not... to... imply that i'd do that to these!
BAH ha haha. XD That is completely up to you; I would be interested to see how the bond of the dragon would handle that, actually...
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Year 07

The following dragons are available for adoption until Wednesday November 10th:

1)
Name: Chorandouth
Species: Hydra Mutt
Colour: Mud
Father: Mud-Brown AAM Mutt, Ozamdouth http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Aten.htm#Ozamdouth
Mother: Dark Gold Hydra Mutt, Cwynannth http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Chate.htm#Cwynannth
Size: Small
Height: 5'
Abilities: Telepathy, Teleportation, Firebreath
Personality:

2)
Name: Annyreoneth
Species: Lantessama Winter Mutt
Colour: Crystal
Father: Black-Cream Danachian Mutt, Xanoarth http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Kavan.htm#Xanoarth
Mother: Crystal-Grey Lantessama Winter Dragon, Axys http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Axys.htm
Size: Medium
Height: 12'
Abilities: Telepathy, Firebreath
Personality:

3)
Name: Khismet
Colour: Grey-Crystal
Father: Black-Cream Danachian Mutt, Xanoarth http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Kavan.htm#Xanoarth
Mother: Crystal-Grey Lantessama Winter Dragon, Axys http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Axys.htm
Height: 11'
Personality:

4)
Name: Daniuanath
Colour: Winter-Grey
Personality:

5)
Name: Terminys
Colour: Black-Grey
Personality:

6)
Name: Latieralath
Colour: Blue-Grey
Height: 12'
Abilities: Telepathy, Going Parallel (Like Teleportation, but includes alternate dimensions)
Personality:

Rules

1) Submit a candidate and pick the dragon that you want to go with it. (No need to fill out a form, just send me the URL!)
2) If you do not have a paged candidate, fill out the following form twice. I'll keep one for myself, and flesh out the character that you would prefer to keep.
3) You can ask for a surprise instead of picking the dragon you like.
4) Not limited to one per person -- please page the image that you receive before asking for another!
5) Individual dragon images will be given, the above image is just a preview.
6) Leftover dragons will be adopted at Deviant Art, remain at Nidus Corona, or be Betweened.

Form:
(Keywords are fine.)
Candidate 1 Name:
Appearance:
Personality:

Candidate 2 Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Okay, I'll probably be using one of my face huggers on this, so choose my dragon for me.

Candidate 1 Name: Olivia
Species: human, modern-earth-era
Appearance: frizzy brown hair, looks rather poodle-ish, dazed grey-blue eyes, fair skin. Skinny, athletic, cheerleader type.
Personality: If only she were blond. That would explain the lack of comprehension in this girl... She's not stupid, she's just... oblivious.

Candidate 2 Name: Marek
Species: Human, space-faring
Appearance: dark brown hair, cut short almost military, violet-brown eyes, ruggedly handsome olive skin with a scar on the left side of his face from eyebrow to chin; muscular, powerful hands with good aim.
Personality: claims to have been a space marine, but more likely he's a mercenary that soured of the constant political infighting around him in the corps.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Vysani: http://www.silveredmagic.com/candis/vysani.html

I'm rather taken with the black-grey color, but I'll leave the choice up to you.

Also, if you want to keep giving me dragonborn, I'm totally cool with that =P

Form:
(Keywords are fine.)
Candidate 1 Name:
Species: humanoid
Appearance: stormy, accidentally suggestive, young
Personality: innocent, adventurous, tricky

Candidate 2 Name:
Species: humanoid
Appearance: elegant, spiky, light
Personality: mature, disorganized, high-spirited
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Ah hahahaha, Shard, that made my day. Sorry for the wait, you two! Other things have been piling up on my plate!

Shard

Name: Chorandouth
Species: Hydra Mutt
Colour: Mud
Father: Mud-Brown AAM Mutt, Ozamdouth http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Aten.htm#Ozamdouth
Mother: Dark Gold Hydra Mutt, Cwynannth http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Chate.htm#Cwynannth
Size: Small
Height: 5'
Abilities: Telepathy, Teleportation, Firebreath
Personality: Honor-Bound, Heroic, Quirky

Rider: Marek
Species: Human, Space-Faring
Appearance: Marek is a ruggedly handsome space-marine who has obviously seen some action in the past: a scar mars the left side of his face from his eyebrow to his chin. His skin is olive, though rather wan with lack of a proper tan, and he sports short, dark-brown hair. His eyes are dark brown, though they glint with a violet colour in certain lights -- a genetic enhancement meant to shield his eyes from overly bright light. Marek has muscular, powerful and steady hands, a necessity in low or nil-grav shoot-outs.
Personality: Marek has a soul-tired air about him, a stoicism born of having seen it all and not quite gotten over of coming out the other side still alive and intact. His sense of humor is understated, especially for the company he keeps with other mercs; Marek claims to have been a space marine, though he doesn't explain how he got from there to his current digs. He doesn't tolerate infighting in the least, and will bodily separate members of his crew if it comes down to it. Luckily, Marek seems to know the difference between rowdy good times and a disagreement about to flair up into something more dangerous!

StarFyre
Name: Terminys
Colour: Black-Grey
Personality: Sly, Adventurous, Experienced

Rider: Psyleouth
Species: Dragonborn (Copper)
Appearance: Psyleouth is for the most part covered with thick plates of copper scales, up to and including the wedge-shaped horns that protrude from over his young, human-looking face. These scales, however, are laced with darker shades of grey, black and blue, suggesting some imperfection in his heritage. The skin that is not covered in Copper is a faintly blue shade of pale, and Psy's eyes are a wickedly bright shade of cyan blue. He seems to be built to the proportions of a young hero, though he really doesn't understand when callers come calling to drape themselves across him. 'Pleasing to the eye' is an understatement!
Personality: Psyleouth is intelligent and invincible, though not literally so, only so much as he believes it in his youth! He gets bored easily and prefers to always be on the trail of something or someone, and if not that, then chatting with others. Combining both into one is his most favored pastime, though there are few who would stand his eager attitude and verbal diarrhea for long! Sometimes Psyleouth's jokes reveal the depths of his intelligence, for he can usually concoct tricks that are several steps ahead of those who's playing them on.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I figured this would be a fun way to integrate everything...

http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... /marek.htm
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Ba ha haha. Awesome! I'll toss the link to the adult up in the databases thread in a moment!
Dray
Dracolich

Re: Random Dragon Giveaways

Post by Dray »

Quick question: anybody still interested in this at all? If I made it a more interesting event than 'get dragon, page dragon', would you all prefer that? I'm slowly accruing a small pile of eggs but I don't know that I want to give them away for 'free', as it were. >.> Anything I can do to make 'em more exciting?
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Do I even need to say anything, Dray? =P
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

X3 Did you have Terminys up, yet? I'm not sure if I got a link!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I have absolutely no idea. I'll check later... I'm currently loling it up by catering to my muse and writing a very stereotypical anime-esque char for Starburst (complete with crazy incantations and insane abilities).
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

I may be provoked into sucking up some of these. Still crazy busy (ahhh papers ahhh exams) until at least the 8th but :3 dragons.

EDIT: Oh hey I never properly paged Coyouth. Apparently I got as far as uploading her image to my server but didn't put her in the database or update her page. Will do that ASAP.
Last edited by delyar on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

My school term is almost over, so I should have time to devote to the Nexus again soon. I think I've paged all my previous ones, but I'm not sure. Do you know if I'm missing any?
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Kitsuneko: Your last bond from here was Marazath, so you're all caught up, I believe!

I currently have three pureblood draks, and they'll be going out via a small contest, because those are kind of fun. X3

Hide and Seek Draklings!
These three small draks are just about old enough to bring out to bond, but when their mother decided to bring them to prospective novos, they decided to run off and hide to make it more of a challenge!

Participants:
Sign up with a bonder/novo/candidate (it can be a humanoid or a dragon!) You can either link to a paged character, or do the usual 'make two up, keep one and give one to Dray to use for the future' form's in this post.
Pick a door between 1-25 in your comment.
Depending on which door you pick, you may either bond one of the draklings, or meet one of the residents of Nidus Corona. (In the latter case, I'll just write a small blurb for your character.) The same novo can be used to check another door as many times as you'd like.
First come first served and all that good stuff. To obtain dragons from this thread in the future, you'll need to page these and any previous ones you owe, but aside from that there is no deadline.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

I'm totally in for this as soon as my super busy school week is over! :D -stalks thread-
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Character Listing
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Rad bananas! I've got her added to my pile of links. Thanks for doing some paging despite crazy busy times!
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

It is a form of delicious delicious procrastination, I assure you.

Also, because I'm having a brain fart kind of day, by "draklings" you mean "baby draks" and not "miniature draks", correct?
Character Listing
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Minidraks! Oh, oh, Dray, ickle little fluttery and fluffy minidraks swarming things spitting acid! SO ADORABLE! (This post has been brought to you by: Lack of Sleep)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Er, baby draks, right. I may have my terminology mixed up, but that's because when I went looking for Icarus my google fu failed me! D: I wound up at an oocities page that I'm not sure what the correct one!

(Also, I have a whole schwack of Geperna-babies as well but I may sit on them for a while whilst I consider how I'd best like to give them away. They're slinky and neat looking and I want an appropriate 'ooh, fun!' way to obtain them. XD)
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Geperna! *grabbyhands* I was always sad to never have gotten my hands on those. Plus, slinky awesomeness.
Character Listing
erinnyes
Egg

Post by erinnyes »

After finals week is over you have my full attentions for this. ;)

*EDIT: And just because I'm curious, how do Geperna differ from Pern dragons? I thought they were the same? Or are these specifically from the Geperna lineage?
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Geperna each have their own breath weapon that is based upon their colour. These guys are only half geperna (Geperna/Pernese cross) but I thought I'd keep the funky breath weapons because they're fun!

I think I may make an individual thread for these two batches, since they've got slightly different requirements and this thread has become somewhat monstrous!