Old Blood Frenzy -- Accepting Wave II Candidates

Need risers and/or chasers? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Eeexcellent. I think I have a pairing in mind for him already... >_>

Promise I'll make some good old fashioned regular colours, too. I just can't resist pretty shiny rocks. XD
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

I did a quick check (I'm at work >.>)
Savitath and Arianoth are actually 75% Old World, 25% Starlight Hatchery.

Children of Dark Opal Cysscatainth and Cherubith. Their old-world blood goes back to Oceanside (White Quioath), Morning Star (White Veranth), Wu (White Surrith), The Healing Den (Opal White Truth, the mother of the Lian Minis), and Ryslen (Light Bronze Erachenth, Truth's father and one of the first Lights (dating back to Ryslen Weyr's second clutch))

There are quality bloodlines in that 75%.
If you catch me on AIM (thecrazytiger) please send me a quick note and remind me your name on there. It has been so long since I used that chat medium, I'm staring blankly at my list and not knowing who's actually there. >.<

Nidus RyslenArx Atra Mons
Flurry 2006 & Flurry 2007 -- Then and Now
Avatar by Shard Frizzle, Base by ILCK.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Is there any chance that I can see that clutch's pickup page? I'm curious to know how Savitath, for example, might breed with a regular Pernese, or with something that doesn't have Pernese blood at all (mostly want to know what his siblings looked like so that I can get a better idea of what kinds of colours to expect from him outside the original five!)
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

http://www.geocities.com/ryslen_red/Dra ... tch58.html
Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, Amethyst

He can throw any/all of the original 5/6 colors. His bloodline is pretty solidly white and gold/bronze, though the jeweltone/opal has been pretty dominant. Truth > Taveth > Cysscatainth > Savitath.
If you catch me on AIM (thecrazytiger) please send me a quick note and remind me your name on there. It has been so long since I used that chat medium, I'm staring blankly at my list and not knowing who's actually there. >.<

Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

TyGryph wrote:I did a quick check (I'm at work >.>)
Savitath and Arianoth are actually 75% Old World, 25% Starlight Hatchery.

Children of Dark Opal Cysscatainth and Cherubith.
Oh hey, Cherubith. That'll mean they have one of the very few Aster dragons I sent out for breeding (a green-blue, which was equitable enough to gold in rank as far Aster was concerned) in their bloodline. I guess that'll mean I have even more of a vested interest to write candidates if one or both of those dragons get accepted.

Just as a quick speculation though, would the raw ruby and amethyst be equitable to normal Ryslen red and purple respectively in size? I was mentally equating the raw emerald and sapphire to green and blue size-wise.
Last edited by Keilin Alyr on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Ahh, wonderful! Now I need to figure out how to emulate that gorgeous jeweltone sort of roughness.

Thank you, Ty!

While I'm jigsawing pairings together, I thought I should ask:

In regards to snagging dragons from this event:
How many candidates would you like to write stories for?:
How many stats-based candidates would you like to send in?:
If I'm giving away free slots, how many would you be interested in snagging?:

(This survey is to help me make a good number of pairings to meet demand. X3 If you only want to send one candidate in, that's fine. I just want to know if people want freebies, and how many they'd be willing to take!)
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

How many candidates would you like to write stories for?: Lots (Maybe 10, considering how long we have, but short stories.)
How many stats-based candidates would you like to send in?: I refuse to let myself do this.
If I'm giving away free slots, how many would you be interested in snagging?: As many as I can get away with? *smirk*

My name is Delyar and I am a dragon addict. *bow*
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

NB: Owners of the clutch parents will get freebie slots whether they want them or not. :P As the owner of a dragon who flies or catches, you can choose to keep the freebie slot with a random candidate (a la the Backwards Frenzy), or you can create your own candidate to fill the spot!

Freebies will mostly fall within the green and blue range, with a couple of higher rankers being given away in a lottery style (probably when you send in a request for freebies, pick a number and if you get closest to the one I roll, you get the rare in addition to however many regular freebies you want.)
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I'll be finding some to contribute, but naturally most of my Pernese are still in transit ;)

How many candidates would you like to write stories for?: probably 3-4
How many stats-based candidates would you like to send in?: up to 6 or 8 maybe, fewer if need be.
If I'm giving away free slots, how many would you be interested in snagging?: if I wind up with any dragons in the mix, just one per.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

Keilin Alyr wrote:
Dray wrote:eta: Also, is Leireth a play off of a gold, a blue, or what? X3 I noted that Yakima says in her colour guide that silver is a mutation of blue, but my first guess was that Leireth is the equivalent of gold (due to her wings!) I'm only wondering because I'm playing around with pairings and am wondering if she will take a blue or blue-sized mate, or if she'll only stand for the bronze-and-brown-equivalent crowd!
Weird, I remember reading that black was the rank equivalent of blue, maybe that's new flavor text. The "natural rare" progression should go silver, copper, cream, black, white (don't ask how I remember all that XD), with about equivalent size to rank ratio in most individuals.

Well, unless she was a twin/triplet or was lain by a sport dragon... probably best to confirm with Yakima actually. =)
Looking at some of the old Falas Records, (ie these) I'd be tempted to say gold/bronze equivalent too. Looking at clutch 3 especially, silvers come first, then cream, then black, then white. But yeah, Yakima would be the best one to ask, lol.

How many candidates would you like to write stories for?: I'm going to be cautious and say 2... but having just come back I really don't know... I could end up doing 5-6...
How many stats-based candidates would you like to send in?:A couple perhaps, but I'd probably only send them in if you needed more to fill the clutch... since I will be preferring the more traditional colours... which aren't as much fun to colour, lol.
If I'm giving away free slots, how many would you be interested in snagging?: I don't entirely understand what you mean by free slots, to be honest? I'd probably go with none though, since, I'd probably prefer to write a candidate.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

For free slots, it would be more like a giveaway: You say, "Hey, I want some dragons!" and I give you some low-ranking dragons with some candidates attached. X3 It's for if you want to fill out wings, have a chance at a freebie higher ranker without writing candidates (so chance versus direct competition!) or would like some new blood in your wings via candidates that you might not have come up with, yourself.
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

Well, if you want her as gold, then you can but she was genetically altered from a green-blue clutch. (I have her down as blue Siyeth and green Lejarth >.<) I also have her as a green-sized dragon.

I don't even remember how I ranked them "back then". Rarity wise, it's silver, copper, cream, black, white. But any size can be any color (using my codes...).

I can find a way to post the database somehow if people want. I have all the sizes for altered dragons as I would see it happeneing. And if someone wants to disagree (because they already have there dragon being a certian size or whatever), I can change it. *shrugs* :P

{Comes back after a few seconds}
Never mind. I can save the spreedsheet as HTML!

http://www.wolf-mage.com/full_database.html

It's a big file...I might have to divide it or something. >.<
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Red is roughly brown-sized, Purple is closer to blue-sized than green-sized.

Post by Guest »

O_O holy crap, check out that spreadsheet!

Dray wrote: but my first guess was that Leireth is the equivalent of gold (due to her wings!) I'm only wondering because I'm playing around with pairings and am wondering if she will take a blue or blue-sized mate, or if she'll only stand for the bronze-and-brown-equivalent crowd!
(And yes, the filler blurbs on each dragon's page are about Palanth and his bitter lifemate. I should change that. I should.)

Since Yakima wrote her down as green-sized in that incredible stylesheet, I'd say she'd go for blue-sized mates. I don't have preferences so you can do whatever you'd like. :) She was hatched back in the day when her stats didn't include sizes so I always thought she was probably average sized.

(I'm not sure about her color and genetics and if she can pass them on or not - that would be Yakima's call again.)

If you'd like me to switch her out with a queen-ranked dragon, I can.

How many candidates would you like to write stories for?: An ambitious number would be around 10 but realistically probably around 5.
How many stats-based candidates would you like to send in?: I prefer written characters but since they're so easy to do, probably 2-3...
If I'm giving away free slots, how many would you be interested in snagging?: As many as I can mooch off. ;___; Especially if they're blues. I love blues.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

All that I really need to know is whether they fall into the large category (gold bronze brown) or the smallish category (blue green white/sport). :3 I'll try to keep the pairings from getting too ludicrous!

Post by Guest »

Keilin Alyr wrote:Still sorting out my dragons, but I was kinda hoping you were going to sign up Varioth, Saeri. =) Though now that I think about it, I might sign up his sister in his place, I haven't had a chance at a Latoteyth baby in quite some time.
Oh yes. I was debating between Varioth and Baeroneth and another blue before just choosing one of them randomly. :(
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

Oh, forgot to fill this in. >.<

How many candidates would you like to write stories for?: 2-3
How many stats-based candidates would you like to send in?: 3 max
If I'm giving away free slots, how many would you be interested in snagging?: none...XD I'm only going for full-pernese. :P

Saeri (and Dray...): Her genetics are able to be passed on. Her color code would be C2CX T2TX (X being I don't know what her parents DNA are yet...>.< Well, I actully C2C2 T2T1 would be that. (bold indicates what was changed...I just do that so I know that they arn't naturally that way. XD Once I get Lejarth's DNA figured out, she'll have a better code. But I think Dray's just gonna wing it for this. XD
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'll be giving away full pernese dragons if people want them, too -- they'll just come with candidates attached, like in the Backwards Frenzy.

I'm going to wing it for these guys, yeah. Genetic codes are a mite too complex for this frenzy!
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

How many candidates would you like to write stories for?: One or two?
How many stats-based candidates would you like to send in?: Eh probably none, I'd prefer to write stories.
If I'm giving away free slots, how many would you be interested in snagging?: As many as I can get away with? :P
ImageImageImage
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Continuing to sort my dragons, but would you accept a Moire dragon in the mix, Dray? He's one of the "simpler" colorations, I think, at least compared to some I've seen. White web dun ribbon-winged scorched-red... which I guess doesn't sound so simple... let me upload him:

I love this guy so much, he's pretty. =D
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Or as Baeris might have said, "a marked brown variant" ;)

Choosing mine is hard, because I've already used a lot of my own for the Alabaster / Blackstone giveaways. But I will donate, yes I will.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Moireans are fine! XD I'm over my thing with Moire dragons having really long names -- I used to get so incensed about it for some reason. Now... coming up with names for the colours themselves I might suck at. XDD

Post by Guest »

Your Name: Tiiyn
Your Email: tiiyn [at] hotmail [dot] com
Number of Auditioners You're Sending: 1
Comments: The page is a little out of date at the moment, I'll work on updating it when I can... I'm guessing Cata' is about 28 turns now, and Cimoath about 12? And Cimoath is sport sized, smaller then a green, or so Yakima and I figure... she was, we also think believe, a twin though we're not 100% sure on that either... there were alot of multiple babies in her clutch though, so even if she wasn't a twin herself she's probably gunna have the ability to throw them... (edit. And I'd personally prefer it if she was caught by a blue or a more "normal" rare (white/black/etc?) type dragon, rather then a rainbow/neon/etc one... and produced babies of the same sorta colour range... but, if this is a pain, feel free to skip her out)

Dragon Name: Cimoath
Species: Pernese
Colour: Cream
Bonded?: Catalys
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

How many candidates would you like to write stories for?: Well it depends on when you open this up. If school is back in by then, I'd say one or two. If it's before school starts, I'll shoot for more say, 5+. If you're kosher with sending in candidates with pre-written "generic" stories, I'll send more. ^^; Vague enough?
How many stats-based candidates would you like to send in?: 5
If I'm giving away free slots, how many would you be interested in snagging?: ...5 I will limit myself.... >.>
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Alrighty I found some :)

Your Name: Shard
Your Email: kshau_protectorate @ yahoo.com
Number of Auditioners You're Sending: 4
Comments: hehehehe, stars :)

Dragon Name: Ringeth
Species: Pernese (special) ** may not require impression
Colour: Star-marked Brown (dark red, white, blue)
Bonded?: yes, Dominique Talshoy http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... domid4.htm

Dragon Name: Dlivereth
Species: Pernese (special) ** may not require impression
Colour: Star Marked Blue (dark blue, white, red)
Bonded?: yes, Horace http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... horace.htm

Dragon Name: Taisemth
Species: Falas Pernese
Colour: Fiery Ash Brown
Bonded?: Yes, Tien Nguyen http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... nguyen.htm

Dragon Name: Fiksproth
Species: Draco's Inferno / Pernese/Alskyran (has a gold sire AND dam :) )
Colour: Red
Bonded?: yes, Mateo Jimenez http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... imenez.htm
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Dude, I LIKE Ringeth and Dlivereth. Who drew them?
ImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Those were from Gallimim's special 2000 4th of July celebration :) Aren't they awesome!? There were also some that had 2000 on their wings, but I didn't get those. I think I got a flitter maybe, I can't remember but then I also went through and snagged all the images outright long ago when their owner vanished. I so miss gallimim's fun.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

In regards to snagging dragons from this event:
How many candidates would you like to write stories for?: Not sure I'll get any; I get some good ideas and then never get around to actually writing them. >.< If any, probably one or two.
How many stats-based candidates would you like to send in?: I could probably send three or four of those, possibly more.
If I'm giving away free slots, how many would you be interested in snagging?: Loooots, if you'll let me. :P
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Hey Dray, how do you feel about some pureblood Geperna joining the event?
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Geperna would be darned nifty. :3 I just love their naming systems. If you want to, feel free to submit! I'm still shuffling potential pairings (and colouring a few offspring for the ones I'm sure of. XD) I still have room for more options!

eta: Woot, I got the 77,777th post! :D Do I get a prize or something? XDD