RL Rant...

Sometimes you just want to express your opinions and have a healthy debate with your friends, but anything that turns into deliberate attacks/flaming will be shut down. Don't take anything personally, remember that we're all friends, and remember it's your choice if you start reading. :)

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

RL Rant...

Post by Guest »

Sorry for the drama, all, but I was looking for a place to vent about being annoyed at RL troubles where none of the people actually know the people of which I'm ranting at. So most of my RL friends are out, as this would cause RL drama (or, more of it?)

I have a twin sister and she drives me insane. I've never met a more spoiled and selfish person. I apparently never learn anything though, because I keep trying to be civil with her and almost every time she proves to me I can't do that.

This time, I'm flipping out because my cousin (her cousin too) died in a motorcycle accident this week. We didn't know him super-well, but he wasn't a stranger either, and my mom wants both of us to attend his funeral service. Rachel's just spent most of the day whining about having to go because she'll be missing a party she wanted to go to badly, and trying to wheedle my mom into letting her not go. My mom's made it clear she's really upset (this was her sister's son), and my sister's way of trying to convince us is to tell us the same thing over and over again. Because apparently, if we didn't get it the first time she said it, we weren't listening or don't understand? Or something??

So finally, my sister consents to go (after tears and some very mature door-slamming around the house), but is now trying to convince me that I should feel sorry about her having to cancel her plans for this. She says to me something like: "I just feel like if I go, no one is going to appreciate that it was a big deal for me to come."

So... you need recognition for this tremendous sacrifice of a social event you've made, in order to go to a relative's funeral? Gee, wow, hope you can work that into a speech for the service, crazy bitch.

But what she really wants, out of all of this, is for someone to cave and tell her it's okay for her to go to her party while the rest of us go to the funeral. She won't decide to blow off the funeral by herself, because then she will feel guilty. So if she whines and bitches at us enough, we'll hopefully release her from her burden of feeling bad by granting her our 'blessing'.

I don't know if any of you watch the Office, but sometimes I feel like my sister is a female Micheal Scott.

AND PS: She's 24 (or "We" I guess). Not 15.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Holy crap someone that old is acting THAT mature? Jesus...

Just remind her that the funeral isn't about HER. And if it was, how many people would be there to remember her?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Ouch. Dip her in some highschool-removing solvent pronto!

:c *hugs* Sorry for the loss, even if you didn't know him well. That's an awful way to go.