A TRUE hero

For general madness of any sort. Check your sanity at the door.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Cy
Dragon

A TRUE hero

Post by Cy »

Just the other day, I was talking to one of my friends about how over the past few years, I'd been completely losing my faith in humanity, and that it was dying a little more with each passing day.

A man in my apartment complex just did a whole lot to restore that faith.

Last night, my cat, Mojo, got out of the apartment. I didn't notice until I came home from work and he wasn't waiting at the door for me. My roommate, ex roommate, and boyfriend helped me look for him, hang up flyers, and talk to the neighbors. An hour ago, I got a phonecall from a group of guys saying they'd found him.

He was inside a drain pipe, and no matter how hard I tried, even with food incentive, I couldn't get him to budge. He was about 6 feet in from my side, and it was a good 30 feet or so to the next grate opening.

This man, this complete stranger [his name is Stuart, by the way] went inside his apartment, changed clothes, and crawled over 30 feet from the opposite end through this filthy 1 and a half foot wide drain pipe under the sidewalk to push Mojo out to me.

When I asked if there was any way to repay him, he turned me down, no matter what I offered. Said that just knowing he'd helped bring Mojo home safe was thanks enough.

No lie, it almost made me cry. Any man willing to crawl thru pure crap, come out the other end soaking wet and tinted brown, covered in grime, just for a cat...

That is a fucking hero to me. If I were capable of giving this guy a reward, or medal, I would.

Holy hell.

I just wanted to post this here, just in case any one else is having as much trouble as I am finding good things to see in people, in life. This man totally blew my mind tonight.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

He needs like a plaque or something. XD Draw him a 'world's best cat hero' medal and tape it to his door or mail it to him or something?
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

I've been thinking about it >.> haha
He needs SOMETHING

My boyfriend took him a few beers and a glass of gin, because Stuart had been drinking a beer before he went to rescue Mojo.
But I want him to have something a lil more lasting
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oh man that's awesome!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com