What do you do?

Sometimes you just want to express your opinions and have a healthy debate with your friends, but anything that turns into deliberate attacks/flaming will be shut down. Don't take anything personally, remember that we're all friends, and remember it's your choice if you start reading. :)

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

What do you do?

Post by Guest »

Okay, so as I've probably mentioned before, with Geocities closing I'm in the process of moving my old riders and dragons to my new domain. Here's my issue; there are a few of my old characters who Impressed from weyrs/adoption places that are gone now, and a couple of them have dragons that never made it to adults. Here's a couple specifically I have that problem with...

http://www.geocities.com/cmk_roadkill/jaekri.html
This one got a green/blue dragon from Quinalt, and unfortunately since they're no longer open I don't have a way of getting the adult image. For the others I can steal an adult image from someone, but as far as I know, Breoth was the only green/blue made there, so there will be no adult image somewhere to steal for her.

Likewise with this character:
http://www.geocities.com/cmk_roadkill/arudi.html
She Impressed from Tarizal Weyr, which was open for like a minute as far as I remember, and same problem. She had a unique image that I don't think I can get anywhere else.

So ummm, what do you all do in these cases? Should I re-impress the characters? (which I'd really, really hate to do), or find new images for the dragons, or something? What would you all do in my case?

PS: I made those candidates a long time ago, and yes, they suck. ;) I am well-known for throwing together probably the worst Candidates I've ever seen for Impressions.
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

If it's any consolation, I'm in the exact same boat. And I also have no clue half the time what's right to do. Though my computer seems to have eaten three of my dragons who were stuck as perpetual hatchlings, which does not make for a pleased Keilin. >.>

I remember Tarizal used quite a few image sets back in its day. Old Cincanta (I miss those dragons), ones that looked inspired by the newer Cincanta set, and a TyGryph-drawn set (the Belrin Isle images?), which this one looks like. Maybe you could try your luck in asking Ty if she has something similar to your green?

As for Breoth... I've been scouring my emails (I delete nothing) and the old Yahoo group for Polanith's clutch pickup information with no luck, but I'll keep searching. Though I can offer you the weyrling and adult images for Omnisanth. My Hakath was his clutchmate.

Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

I was so sad that I never got a Quinalt dragon. That's a really pretty image. :(

I have a few similiar characters. Some of them I have/can get the images from some other webpage, but others are just gone. In that case, I'd probably just substitute a picture from my own agency if it's a typical Pernese dragon. But I do like re-impression stories and unusual pairings, so I'm still torn on what to do. XP
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

As always if I've got some that people need I would be happy to put em up.

I'm still planning on putting all the dragons I can find on my photobucket account, I think, so rescues would go there. Hell over time, even years back, I would go through people's websites and copy the dragons I'd never seen before or since, just to have them preserved somewhere. I'd never USE them, obviously, but it's weird seeing ones that were from weyrs that existed before I got into it and vanished shortly after.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Ugh, just realized I was still using my AOL email address during 2001. Unlike Yahoo, they delete old messages, and as a further kick in the hindquarters Quinalt's Yahoo group is gone.

Sometimes I wish I could search site directories. It's getting to the point where I want access to those pickup pages just on principle, if they still exist anyway. *chuckles*

And actually, I'm the same way, Shard. I have several folders on my hard drives dedicated to image sets or individual dragons I've admired, which led to me rescuing dragons from agencies I liked that were no longer adopting out. Though I usually focus on record/archive pages, wing indexes, and rider pages that prove that obscure dragon A is the parent to prolific parent B, since I love having complete dragon genealogies.

Now I guess my page collection is gonna get bigger with Geocities going belly-up... *scowls*

Post by Guest »

Sweet, thank you for the blue images, they're saved on my harddrive now. ;) I guess for the blue-green I can try the wayback thing? I never really got the hang of it, but I could give it a try.

I hate to give up on the characters/dragons. :) Don't get me wrong, most of my Candidates/bonders/etc were awfully written, but I get attached to them nonetheless. ;) Substituting the pic for one of my own dragons sounds like the next best thing to having the real image, and I guess sicen these people who gave them out in the first place probably won't be back they won't be around to mind it. ;)
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

I have uncovered the Tarizal images. Does anybody else need one?
If you catch me on AIM (thecrazytiger) please send me a quick note and remind me your name on there. It has been so long since I used that chat medium, I'm staring blankly at my list and not knowing who's actually there. >.<

Nidus RyslenArx Atra Mons
Flurry 2006 & Flurry 2007 -- Then and Now
Avatar by Shard Frizzle, Base by ILCK.
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Tada!
ImageImageImage
If you catch me on AIM (thecrazytiger) please send me a quick note and remind me your name on there. It has been so long since I used that chat medium, I'm staring blankly at my list and not knowing who's actually there. >.<

Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Oh holy crap that is a cute template. o.o

Also, have I made mention that I adore your dragon paws, Ty? Makes me want to cuddle said dragons, which leads to me tweaking real cat toes, which tends to irritate the cats.

...or in this case, I get to pat little white paws, and the cat gets to stick his nose in my eye, because something smells interesting. Everyone's happy, I guess. >.>
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Ryslen Paws and Crests are two of my eternal favorite things :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Cute! Are the like flits or Lian Mini's?
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Full-sized dragons, Dray. They were the set used at Tarizal Weyr, at least for a little while. =)
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Yep; full size dragons. The images are smaller, and they do sortof resemble the Lians, though totally unintentional, I swear.
I discovered that the ones I have in that folder are done up in the Danachian color scheme too.

Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Maybe those were for Cathair Scyjavor? I think I saw mention of it while browsing for archives on Tarizal, though I don't think it was ever formally established.

It's too bad there aren't any active Cathairs left. I was rather fond of Danach.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Danachians are still kicking around, even if all of the active ones are offworld now. XD You see them popping up in hybrids/mutts all the time!

(Though that may be largely due to the Cathair Fionabhiann -- apologies in advance for any misspelling there. X3)
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yup, and technically speaking I have all the templates available for use. I can't see him coming back now if I wanted to use em.. OOOh... there are skeletal burny templates. ... Should I toss those out for halloween?!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

YES!

YES YES YES! OH my god I have wanted one of those since I saw them. XD
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

They are pretty cool, I have to admit! I remember only seeing one of them in existence!

Post by Guest »

Hey all, needing another image if anyone has it? :) I'm missing the original Dark Moon adult green, not Yakima's image, but the ones before that, with the updated smooth shading. Geocities ate it and although I found the weyrling and hatchling images, I can't find the adult.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

D'oh, all I have are blues.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com