Simple Template dragon adoptions?

Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

A simple-template group-colouring event... yes or no?

This sounds like a lot of fun!
80%
It could be fun, but I think it needs to be done like... (add comment!)
No votes
I don't have the time/I don't think I'd participate
20%

Total votes: 10

Dray
Dracolich

Simple Template dragon adoptions?

Post by Dray »

I had seen it done over at the Crystal Palace, (though it never really took off...) and was wondering what you guys would think!

This would be a sort of trade, collect and breed project that everyone in the community could participate in.

We would need to settle on a basic dragon template (maybe egg, young and adult?) that is fairly simple, that everyone could download and colour.

Participants could colour two images, and put them up for adoption -- you could do more of course, but let's say two starters to begin with. You could just colour the pre-existing template, or make line edits so that the dragon had horns, or scales, or ten pairs of wings!

The catch is that you have to trade the dragons in order to breed them, sort of like in the ATC's that fuzzy was bumping earlier this year. We could either have trades happen any old time, or hold a breeding season for these dragons where people can trade and then draw offspring for 'em. (The latter might make it more fun to get everyone in on it at once: "Breeding week is coming up! Make sure you've got all your dragons lined up to trade!")

Once trading is done, participants can colour up one (or more... though I think it would be really neat if we were to do individual colours on things... makes 'em more unique!) dragons and give them away to anyone who wanted them, or we could give them away in pre-decided orders (aka: 'I'll trade you my sparkly blue male if I get the offspring!')

Since the image would already be drawn and ready to colour, with no species strings attached, it would be easy for everyone to participate and still have the dragons all look similar... kind of like the Wyld Whirls back in the day. :P Could even be like a Whirl (for you oldbies who remember) in that we could have one frenzy and poll for the most popular pairings, then have people colour up the offspring...

Of course, there are a lot of different ways that this could go. XD What do you guys think? Any interest?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I loved the idea of the whirls, and didn't actually get more than like 1 dragon out of them even though I colored quite a few for it...

I'd like this! Sounds fun!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

As long as time would allow, I would definitely want to participate. :)
Sounds fun!
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

I like drawing uniques, not template editing, so personally I'd sit this one out. Could be entertaining to watch, though. X3

Post by Guest »

I might need a little clarification before we began... By "trading," do you mean I'd adopt dragons and then have to give a few of them to other people in order to have them breed? Or maybe it's all really simple and I'm just reading this too late at night, so I don't get it because my brain is pudding.

Pudding... Yum.

Um, but! I really like the idea. I would definitely participate and color up some dragons, even if I'd be somewhat reluctant to give my lovely adopted dragons away to breed them. ;)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Yeah, I think trading might be a little more 'general cyberpet adoptables' than Nexus style. X3 You have the right of that idea though!

It would be neat to have a Whirl-like get together, where you can submit these coloured dragons, then we can pick the pairings and colour up the offspring together. Maybe nothing so formal as the Victory Dance, maybe even like a once or two time event?
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Sounds a little too complicated for my tastes, or at least I'm reading it that way.

I think something that would be a bit neater would be a joint "clutch" of sorts. Parents would be voted on, then the ringleader of the operation would come up with the basic template. A list of guidelines, and colors choices would be provided, and then the participants would color their designated number of offspring. Said offspring would then be put into the pool, and the ringleader would then decide how they would be divided up [either randomly, or run as a regular clutch with candidates, or things of that nature] and then the new owner of the offspring could either keep or trade it, and trades could be done any time.

If that's totally what was described before, then boo on me haha

Post by Guest »

*votes for Cy's clearer explanation* :p
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I second that explanation :D or third, whichever lol!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com