September Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I'm exactly the same with my real media useage as I am with my actual drawing - I'm working just on instinct and what looks good and seems to work. I've never taken a class, read a book, or anything of the like, because during the time that I /was/ interested in working with colored pencils, back in about 6th to 7th grade, our art class was still focused on cutting and pasting (seriously) and I wasn't interested in reading books on art (how /boring/ =P). *coughs* So I'm /very/ sure I'll never get to be as good as, say, Skysong (*worship*). Ah well, I'm much more of a CG-style person, but I might start throwing out the occasional color pencil drawing from now on.
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

Eh heh, I don't think I'm that good, but thank you for the compliment ^_^;

I've never taken a class or read a book about using pencil crayons either.. the only reason I continued to use them for so many years and didn't really get into computer coloring was because I often had limited to no computer access!

Experimenting and practicing with them is good, and if you keep it up you'll just keep getting better ^_^
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

XaliA

If I'm not mistaken, I got my very first exchange dragon from you, and so I thought this was more special than usual. XD Unfortunatly, the sadistic bastard who thinks its fun to play with my feelings, also known as time, managed to get away from me and piled up tons and tons of work for the next month.

This is a bit of a long post.

I don't know anything about Les Mis, so instead, I turned on that song On my Own, placed it on repeat and started to draw and color until I had something finished. I did this three times, and this is the only one that made it to my scanner.

For me, words always stand out in a song. Your giftie is two dragons, A blue and brown male, roughly blue sized who is blind, and a tiny runt of a dragon, a female who is gray and purple. Except she's tiny, as in probably half formed weyrling size.

I didn't have my computer that much, and I colored it in because I find it easier than to scan something on, redraw the lines, color, shade, and then upload with tons of layers getting messed up along the way. Everything about this dragon is up to you really, but I do hope you like it, and that this is the first of a huge Les Mis collection!

Without further adue,

edit: It's not as long as I thuoght. I've got trial thing of adobe photoshop. I loooove it. XD Look at how prettily transparent it is!
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

I have no words...Naeodin, that's beautiful! Very symbolic and...and...and beautiful, I really don't know what else to say, I love it! :D Thank you so much!!! That's just perfect...and such a sweet pose...*wants to cuddle them both* :)

Wow...two months in a row with traditional coloring rather than computer coloring...aren't I special? :D
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

Skysong wrote:Eh heh, I don't think I'm that good, but thank you for the compliment ^_^;

I've never taken a class or read a book about using pencil crayons either.. the only reason I continued to use them for so many years and didn't really get into computer coloring was because I often had limited to no computer access!

Experimenting and practicing with them is good, and if you keep it up you'll just keep getting better ^_^
*gets in with the worshipping Skysong bit.* Hey 'Songie, you ever try smudging your colored pencils? Or going over 'em with a colorless blender and recoloring over the blender? ^_^ *extra smooth, extra bright colored pics*
<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )
Katasev
Fledgling

Post by Katasev »

*floptwitch* sorry it's so late, and sorry it's so big, but...

Shard! here's your draggie!

Either gender, though I've been thinking of it as a male... um... any name you like, I haven't a specific species or anything... >>;;; Sorry to be so.. scattery... ^^; if you want a better quality i can send you the .png, and if you wanna shrink it or change the format or whatever to make it smaller you can... ^.^;;
~*~ Fukeru Ukuure - home of the Fedras! ~*~

Current Projects:
~First Flight @ the Ukuure
~First Non-wild Clutch
~Dunans!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Sweet! :) Cute! I'll have that up ... some...time... I'm still working through my birthday ones. :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
GildedLilly
Fledgling

Post by GildedLilly »

Aha! I FINALLY finished your dragon, Jess D.

See? She's all pretty and blue and green!

You have NO idea how many sketches I went through to get one I could use- But see, she's DANCING! I've been calling her Kisa, but that's a stoopid name, so you pick!
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

No, it's not a stupid name, I think it fits her. She looks quite graceful, and I think she's my first real wyvern-style dragon. Thanks. Now to decide what to do with her...
Oh! Is there anything specific about her? Like size or abilities?
GildedLilly
Fledgling

Post by GildedLilly »

Hmm.... She's only about eight feet tall at her haunches the way she stands, and she's a little over 20 feet from nose to tail; she can sing and her powers lie in the realm of air, as you requested, and how powerfull her powers are is up to you.

I kept wanting to colour her brown and red and gold for some reason, but I like how her colors turned out in the end, even though her legs got messed up and my scanner hates that one particular blue prismacolor...

I hope you have fun with her!
Lerial
Fledgling

Post by Lerial »

...*hands Samber a cookie* sorry I haven't gotten it done yet, the lineart is scanned I just have been working on college apps and haven't finished it o.o; It'll be in before this month is out, I promise. :wink:
-mew.

"Sic, sic iuvat ire sub umbras." -Vergil, The Aeneid, Book 4, line 660

Firestone Weyr
Lerial
Fledgling

Post by Lerial »

Silver Midnight wrote:Mystic!

I like this guy a lot, he was fun to do. XD Scary skeletal things are more the type of stuff I'm used to...

And Photobucket shrunk him, so...

There's artdragon-hosted! But you might want to keep the Photobucket version since it's smaller, I couldn't get him to shrink up right... He is a png, because I couldn't get the gif to work either with the flames. XD

Hope that's what you had in mind, more or less.
o.o;
dude, Sil, he is awesome.
*stares* OK, I'm asking for an undead until I get one from you XD
-mew.

"Sic, sic iuvat ire sub umbras." -Vergil, The Aeneid, Book 4, line 660

Firestone Weyr
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

*Sits on the floor, watching the parade of dragons and scratching Hawket's ears. Carefully.*
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

Icecat!

I'm sooooooo sorry this took so long!

I was busy finishing Ekaanaath before and during the first week of college, which was very not fun since I got picked on (by teachers, no less, because I can't cut with a metal ruler and make a straight line and am allergic to fluoro light and eyeburny highlighters and thus don't use them), and also didn't have an idea til today. :D

Info:
*Male
*species: unknown
Name: Your choice
Personality: EVIL >D He'll gladly murder, pillage, burn and commit crime for the thrill of seeing others' faces for shock value :B

He used to be a humanoid mage, but he screwed up and it turned him into everything he hated- pink, fluffy and draconic! XD The runes on his horn he carved himself, which translates into a foul swear cursing everyone looking at them. >D

PNG-ified 'cause transparent GIF kills the shading T.T Hope ye dun' mind.

IceCat
Fledgling

Post by IceCat »

Thank you so much! He's a very interesting character. I can imagine people calling him cute and him biting their head off. o.O I hope you have more fun with college though ^^;;
v e r i t o s o s

Rainbow bee clutch on sands: 9 spots
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

^^ I will- graphic design is on Mondays and is a lot of fun so far! *really is in his element when drawing logos :D*

IceCat
Fledgling

Post by IceCat »

Sounds better than going permanently blind from highlighters ^^;;

Oh by the way, will he be able to sponsor or even breed with other dragons? I don't the last one but it would be interesting if he tried to overtake the world with a legion of dragons o.O
v e r i t o s o s

Rainbow bee clutch on sands: 9 spots
Kesava
Fledgling

Post by Kesava »

Oh DragonFlight!

Yup, I got your image done *finally* I'm still not quite happy with how it turned out, but you can only redraw these things so many times, and this is the best I've turned out yet.

So, without further ado....

Meet Ba'al, Lord of Storms. Besides the fact that he's male, with weather affinity, the rest is up to you! [he looks better on a dark background, btw] Enjoy
~Kes~
TyGryph
Dragon

For Delyar -- From July

Post by TyGryph »

Xenoqueen wrote: TyGryph (July - Received Delyar)

Your username: Delyar
E-mail address (so we can send the desc more in secret): firehooves@rogers.com
Do you plan on drawing a new image, or colouring a pre-existing template?: New image!

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): Dark.
Features: Vicious, fighting and bold. Perhaps some sort of clan-society traits? Go with your gut.
Theme (optional): Warrior (either a warrior itself or a warrior's steed... run with it!)
Delyaaaaaaaar!!!!

After months of delay... Here's your July surprise! :D

He (so obviously a male) is from a yet un-discovered species of dragon. He will not and cannot bond. He probably arrived here via some sort of magic-portal that got cast during a fight. Anyway, he's here to stay.

The rose tattoo/brand on his shoulder marks him as one of (effectively) the Queen's Guard. Intelligent, Loyal, Skilled warrior.

He's bipedal, stands about 9 feet tall, his wings come from his hips (not his shoulders) and span about 20 feet, give or take a little.

I suspect he'd do very very well assigned as a trainer. Combat, probably. He will allow humanoids to ride on his back/shoulders, but it will be for training purposes only, unless he's -very- familiar with the human. He's vicious, but not evil. His eyes make him look a bit psychotic, but whether it's true or not, I'll leave up to you.

IF he should choose to breed, he will do so only with species that do not --require-- bonding at birth. He's too stubbornly self-sufficient for all that.
Persona-type or um.... Anthro dragons would be best as mates and or companions of any type.

Enjoy!

(Woo. Off the blacklist at last!)
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Wow, he was well worth the wait! Hello pretty ass-kicking one. -croons to him-

I love the shiny. And the wing-position is very unique.

I shall do my best to get him up on a page - we're going to fight with the router this weekend, so if my laptop gets connected he'll be up soonish.
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

*sneaks in with a large pet carrier* Ohhh, Cacopheny! I got yooou!
~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): See "theme"
Features: See "theme"
Species: Dragon, please, preferably of a species that exists already
or a mix of species (mutts are always fun!), but I can work with one
that doesn't exist if I hafta.
Element(s): See "theme"
Theme: BareNaked Ladies - Aluminum
(http://cacopheny.lmfao.org.uk/BNL-Aluminum.mp3)
Name: Up to you, or I'll pick when I get it

Note: Try to play up the positives in this song-- and there *are*
positives-- or at least play up the conflicting personality traits.
Incredibly shallow characters, which one might be tempted to glean
from these lyrics, are also incredibly boring characters. Or, of
course, you can just do what you like with the physical aspect and
leave personality to me, unless you feel so inspired.
Okay, this isn't quite what I planned on doing, but then I remembered that you wanted a dragon belonging to a species that already existed and I started over. He's an Ephemeral, about two feet long, which is small-average for a silver (he's technically a silver, though he's got markings, which is very unusual), and is currently unbonded, though if you have a 4-6 inch tall humanoid partner for him, that would work, too. As with all Ephemerals, his name end in 'sh'. He has low draconic intelligence and image-based telepathy, and can probably breed with most flitters. He will act submissively towards any females.

Hope you like!

Name: Tarnish
Species/breed: Ephemeral Dragon
Color: Jet-eyed Flamewing Grey-marked Silver (Silver)
Size: 2'0
Abilities: Flight, Empathy*, Limited Telepathy (dragons only)
Personality: Maybe it's because he becomes attatched so easily, or because he's had his heart broken so many times, but there's a certain air of uncertainty, shyness, and caution about him. He wants to love. He's afraid, though, that he'll pick the wrong female to fall for... and that would only hurt him more. He becomes more and more dissillusioned every day, at times falling into a deep apathy. He's rarely bitter, but... imagine giving everything you have, and having it tossed in the dirt. Can you blame him for being the way he is? What he really needs is a female that cares about him, but he'll be slow to accept it, he won't believe that anything that good could ever happen to him.

(Note: Instead of basing this on the subject of the song, as I had originally planned, he is instead coming more from the perspective of the singer. Ooh, and listen to the intro while picturing a cyte of these guys fluttering through the marshes, yiss!)

*If bonded, this will change to Limited Telepathy (rider bond)

You can, of course, change the personality if you don't like it. It just seemed to work...

Whee, now I know why Skysong likes colored pencils so much... funness!
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Awwwwwwwwwwwww. Hesso cuuuuuuuute! ^^ Oh man, I love 'im ^^ And he's so tiny! And sweet! And sad! And tiny! :: cuddles him ::

You did perfectly fine, with the song ^^ I do give songs to people to see what they come up with, not whatever I might have had in mind ; ) Usually, honestly, I don't have a lot in mind... XD That's why I give the songs out, cuz I can't decide what to do with 'em, myself!

Oh, glee, so cool : D Must pester you at a later date for Ephemeral info, yessss. And find plotness for this pretty one! ^^

:: scoops him up and carries him off to pet and cuddle and love ::
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

My apologies with my lateness to my person, I'm been busy - I have the sketch inked and ready to scan so mine will be up before the deadline - just making sure that people know I'm working...

And Kesava, Ba'al is AWESOME! Thank you so much! :D
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

I'm in the same boat as DF...my image is inked I just have to scan it and color it! Sorry it's taking me so long...work, work, and classes are kicking my butt and for the past three days all I've really been able to focus on is the horse I'm trying to buy! (Why doesn't the seller answer her phone, or at least have a message machine? *growls in frustration*)

Anyways...image will hopefully be posted by early next week! Sorry!
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Me too, I just had time here at work to do the inks on mine so when I get home I'll be scanning and coloring for my exchanger! :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Silver Midnight

Post by Silver Midnight »

Five days left, and remember if you don't get your person in I have a chance at them. >)
Kless
Fledgling

Post by Kless »

Shard!
~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): bold, contrasting (like blue/gold, black/white, etc)
Features: must have wings- wingsails contrast color
Species: dragon
Element(s): n/a
Theme: n/a
Name: you call it

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): Blue/Gold
Features: Wings, horns, slit eyes, body webbing?
Species: mutt
Element(s): Air/Water
Theme: Contrast
Name: Akilah Whisperwing

Akilah has a very unique personality. Almost to the point of having two. She has a very soft side that is associated with her wind powers/element and a strong, agressive side that come with her water powers/element. This is mostly due to her parentage which was porbably pretty odd. Further details are up to you. Hope you like her!

It's a png. The .gif was awful.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Woooo - pretty!! :) She's lovely! I'll try getting her up asap.

... mm, she seems like a House Domina dragon to me. I'll set her up with someone there. Thank you!!

As always, your skills progress like, every time you draw. *sigh* amazing!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

Silver Midnight wrote:Five days left, and remember if you don't get your person in I have a chance at them. >)
*chuckles* I'll join Sil on that one...I think I got mine in to early...*blinks* Even if I should be drawing wolves and Alskyr templates - poses seem to elude me...er...Segs latley...*waits on sidelines for her dragon and a chance to draw anouther one...*
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
Sargon
Fledgling

Post by Sargon »

<b>Shard's August!</b>

Sorry it took me FOREVER to post this! i got it done and had it scanned on the 5th of septemeber but i didn't have time to sit down and acutally get on my internet computer until now ;_;. Sorry my sweet! But she was hand-drawn just for you! Not a template! An original~

And i know you asked for Grays and natural tones, but i got kind blue-happy. :D i liked it <3.
Name: Halcyon (peace, clamness, ancient bird of legend)
Breed: Rayllomain eastern elemental (100% rayllomain, so breedable only with my ok ; ) )
Element: Air and Water, with random tribal bands of ranking, reminescent of Garth's. <3

(if you want a non-resized one shard just tell me; i have her rather large since she is BIG <3)

AND MY SEPTEMBER EXCHANGE DRAGON WILL BE DONE SOON :D YAY.