September Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Sargon
Fledgling

Post by Sargon »

sil...

how did you do the shading? deep blues on colorburn brush settings? or normal settings? *ponders* i dig i dig. I thought we were on a HIATUS though. c.c
Silver Midnight

Post by Silver Midnight »

Hiatus from RoF, not an exchange when I feel like it. >P There's a difference between WANT and NEED. Bwahaha...erm, yeah.

Actually I used the multiply layer. It looked better in Lab Color (brought out the yellow in the basecolor for the bones), but wouldn't save to a PNG. Looks kinda washed-out...
Sargon
Fledgling

Post by Sargon »

Ha. yeah Exchange dragons is where you really strurt your stuff *ahmen* i mean. Yes i completely understand >D <3

I think it looks great, multiply layers are nifty. Try the brushes in ps, they work cool-like-that too. I really do like it, looks metallic to me.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

>.> I hope you don't mind, Sil, but I turned him into my avatar. I'll be doing one for the spirit dragon too. I need little icon thingies for all of them.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Kesava! I got you!

It ended up looking a lot more like a winged wolf than a dragon, but meh. I think it looks cool. ^^;

It's obviously autumn-themed, but everything else is up to you. ^_^
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Silver Midnight

LOL! XD That nearly gave me a heart-attack when I saw it, he is pretty scary-looking.. But no, I don't mind! =D I'm happy!

*EDIT* Flames too hard to trans over, eh?
Silver Midnight

Oh--Sargs--that is PS. This is my new computer, and I don't have PSP7 on it because I got it from Kim of Fionabhainn. =P So all dragons I do now are like 3x more difficult until I get use to it.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

yeah, I got the bootlegged copy of PSP7 too and it doesn't like editing PNG's. Or even opening them. I had to use that in progress picture you showed me. :3 Still, he's frickin' awesome!
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

So... anyone been keeping track of how many make-up images people have been getting for August and beyond, out of curiosity?

x_O Must find my sketchie and finish the one I owe! >_< I just really, REALLY suck at guitars. *facepalm*
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Dray wrote:So... anyone been keeping track of how many make-up images people have been getting for August and beyond, out of curiosity?
There have been next to none, as far as I'm aware, but I don't have the records to put up a volunteer-call for anything other than last month. Don't suppose you do?
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

Whoo, I had fun with this ^__^

This is for Kless! You said you had a god of death already, so here's your god of life!

You can choose name and gender.

I have no idea what actual 'species' it is, but.. er.. it certainly is a god! One of its main abilities is being a skinshifter - it can shift its skin and limbs into any organic material, though its mass remains more or less the same. It's currently a mishmash of different skins and parts, including dragon, rhino, ram, lion, zebra, fish, bird, horse, gazelle, and crocodile. It also currently has three tails, one limb made of tree trunk, a branch headcrest, and a backcrest of grass and soil.

If you want me to come up with some more nifty powers, just let me know - I didn't know how well you wanted me to define them, and I figure you have a better idea of what the gods of your world are capable of ^_^;

Please link to the City of Shar: http://members.shaw.ca/skysong

Enjoy!
Kesava
Fledgling

Post by Kesava »

Wheee! Big fluffy autumn dragon, great fun.

Thanks Kit!
~Kes~
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

>_< All I'd done was mention if someone had done a voluntary dragon, not listing the people who'd got 'em! :\ I was just wondering because I had had a fit of inspiration, but didn't want to give a dragon to someone who already had five done for 'em! Oh well... prolly better to keep on hiatus so that I don't burn myself out. >_<
Kless
Fledgling

Post by Kless »

Skysong, he (must find a suitable name) is amazing! Wow. :D Thanks!
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

Yay, glad you like him ^_^
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!

omg Molly! Qing is absolutely stunning - I don't think I've ever seen an animated adoptable draggie yet! :D I'm more or less speechless, he's so awesome ._. Thank you so much!! I love those glasses XD

I've put him up here:

http://www.theglasswolf.com/cyberpets/qingshenlong.html

My only question is, do you mind how he breeds, or rather, with which other specieses?

Thank you so much again! I'm so happy :'3
Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

He can breed with any dragon his size.

I will allow you to make up his size but he's definitely much longer than he is tall.

He can also be Biosynthed.
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Kitsuneko!
I got you. I hope you like him.
Name: Walorden (you can change it if you have something better)
Species: Deer Dragon (based on Fallow Deer, loosely)
Element: Ice
Abilities: Manipulate Cold, Ice-shaping, Verbal speech, Teleportation
Note: The color on his wing tips indicate his element
Personality: I'd say he's pretty calm, but I'll leave it up to you
Height: 6' at shoulder (roughly the height of a big draft horse)
Length: 16' nose to tail
He's breedable anywhere you want to send him, only limit would be his size.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Sweet! Many deerdragons = good thing!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

X333 Time to get out the reindeerdragons, whee! ^_______^ So cool!
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Sweet! Love the color on his wingtips. :D

Point me to the female deerdragons and I'll send him to breed. :P
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

*Appears*

Here's your dragon, Shiolar.

Name: Ger'ten
Species: Red Ruffed Lemur dragon (Kind of)
Colors: Red/black
He has a wierd, meaningless tattoo on his wing, as well.....I stick that on a lot of things, for some odd reason.

His background is not transparent, just gray. And he does look kind of like a lemur.......just a little......actually, more like a sheep. Meh.

He's a JPEG, but you can GIF him and make him transparent if you like, as usual.
*moans*
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

Skysong wrote:Whoo, I had fun with this ^__^

This is for Kless! You said you had a god of death already, so here's your god of life!

You can choose name and gender.

I have no idea what actual 'species' it is, but.. er.. it certainly is a god! One of its main abilities is being a skinshifter - it can shift its skin and limbs into any organic material, though its mass remains more or less the same. It's currently a mishmash of different skins and parts, including dragon, rhino, ram, lion, zebra, fish, bird, horse, gazelle, and crocodile. It also currently has three tails, one limb made of tree trunk, a branch headcrest, and a backcrest of grass and soil.

If you want me to come up with some more nifty powers, just let me know - I didn't know how well you wanted me to define them, and I figure you have a better idea of what the gods of your world are capable of ^_^;

Please link to the City of Shar: http://members.shaw.ca/skysong

Enjoy!
Damn. If that's not a life-y critter I dunno what is. X3 Life is usually personified by ever-changing shifting, and you got that perfect =D
<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Awww, Asha. He's cute! I like him! He looks all sorta fluffy and cuddly.
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

I love looking at all the exchange dragons! XD This is one place I'll definatly keep coming to later. Isn't it great?

Biiiit hyper. But guessy what? randomness. I juuust fniished drawing my one. Isn't it annoying sometimes, when you go through three, four different, slightly completely seperate ideas and finally end up with only one? >_> I feel bad for the others.

Yep. just a leeetle biiit hyper.
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

Okay......he is fluffy, certainly. And red and black, too.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Eh.. hey, Fuzzy! .. got one for you. Male, of course, as you requested, and hopefully suitably complementary with the other? I hope... I don't tend to be good at coming up with something out of the blue to be complementary to something already in existance. So.. *takes a breath*

Here he is. Name, powers, species... all that's up to you. He's somewhat based on a quetzal, though - the tail mainly (although the colors are different on him) - so make of that what you will. The crest of feathers on his head can be raised and lowered depending upon his mood, even the large one, though that can never stand straight up. The tail and large head crest feather will undulate in the air when he's flying, based off the quetzal. I think that's it..

*scuffs foot* Seeing so many people doing real media made me want to try to pick it up again, so this is a jpg, not a gif... if anyone feels like transparentizing it, feel free too, as long as the colors don't get too destroyed in the process.

Hope you like, Fuzzy..
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

AEE AEE AEE! *point! stare, drool, latches* Sooooooo pretty. *_* =HUGS!= I love quetzals, and this is perfect for Federan. THERE SHALL BE BEBBIES! AAAAAHAHAH- yeah. ^^*

THANKS STAR!!!!!!! =pounce, latch, loves= <3333333

*trots away cackling to transparentify or something similar to that*

PS: THANK YOUUUUUUUUU~ <3
PPS: gave up transparentifying it. XD too hard.
Last edited by Fuzzy on Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*laughs* I'm glad you like him, I wasn't sure if he'd be acceptable.. it's been years since I've picked up colored pencils and tried to work with them, so that was another iffy thing about it for me, whether my coloring was ok or not..
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

Well, it worked =D I recently started picking up the colored pencils too. ^^ I even bought a book by Kristy Ann Kutch about techniques with 'em and man, are they fun to use 0.0