The Conservation

Have a candidate with no place to go, or a clutch that needs filling? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Kendarath
Dragon

The Conservation

Post by Kendarath »

The Conservation
Welcome to Darmeade, to The Conservation where we have been working for years to breed high quality and high intelligence Draserta for the general populous. Cousins of the great and noble Bescerta and the wondrous Syaelese Dragons, these beasts vary in size, colour, demeanour, and physicality. If you know what you're looking for, we're sure to have it.

I, Anaru Petene, am the Head of Sales here at the Conservation but I am not concerned with your money. I want to ensure that our Draserta meet your every need and requirement. We care about your desires here and want to match you perfectly with your new Draserta.

As a testament to our desire to please you, each of our clutches of Draserta are bred to resemble one of the grand Obanic countries. With each Draserta, you bring home a piece of culture, a bit of history. We'll include with each Draserta it's specialities and what you can expect from your new friend as it grows into a full-grown adult.

Our Draserta are well taken care of, the babies each having their own room in which to play, frolic and grow. They received daily attention from any of our loving staff who are specially trained in dealing with the animals. Never fear though, the Draserta will only bond with the highest bidder, the one who proves they love it most.

Please, look around The Conservation to see if there's a Draserta here that just melts your heart and you can't help but want to take home with you.

Currently available are ten "draserta" which can be found here.

As the clutch mother/owner, Ting/Dray gets either first choice from this clutch, or the combined worth of her children (in this case 3Aumikao). Right now there are only babies available for purchase, but in the future pets and "upgrades" will be available.
ImageImageImageImage
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Adorable! Though I'm not sure if I'm wrapping my head around the Pukho properly.

The whole "payment" thing is just a required story element, right? The "purchaser" needs to be rich enough to provide the equivalent of $5000-$7000 for the baby they're interested in?

Post by Guest »

Exactement.

It's just how the Conservation works, with money as opposed to other ways it could be done. (You have the right amounts for the monies so I think you have the pukhos pretty well figured out).

Sorry about the complexity XP Kendarath said develop aaaaand Head of Sales feller and I developed <.<
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Woot, I can still do maths. X3 Gotcha! And no worries, the "fake payment" is a system I've seen before, I just wanted to be sure that was *actually* what it was. :3

Post by Guest »

:D I actually think the most "expensive" one is around 9500, but you have the right idea :D

... I should have had Kendarath mention some where that it is a "fake payment" in that we get zero monies. The Conservation gets fakemonies but we get nothing. :)

If there's anything else that is unclear or foggy, let me know :D
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

So how are they gonna convert? :) Zekirans have a great system of real-money, like metal and crystals pressed and shaped. It'd be nice to hand over a couple platinum rods (a thousand credits, called a Kik) and be done :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kendarath
Dragon

Post by Kendarath »

I imagine that conversion would work along the lines of universality. Platinum is valuable on all worlds so they would convert even or greater, but paper money like we have would really only be useful on the world of origin, so they would be less expensive (and require a "map" to the world :P).

Ultimately, I think we'll leave the specifics up to the writer, as long as they follow that basic idea.
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Guest »

Sooo ....

We forgot to put a deadline for candidates.

How does ... July 26th sound? It will have been a month then :D

*hopes people send in candidates for the pretties*

Post by Guest »

Gah, we'll see if I have time to craft a candidate (hello, my spaced ship... :D ), because A) I love fake-sale systems (!!!!), and B) SO CUTE! and C) Waaaannnntttttt.... <3 :D

Also: That is the most AWESOMEST fake signature I've ever seen. X3 Well done to you! (whichever of you that is...)

Post by Guest »

*bows bows*

I am glad you waaaant.I was starting to get worried XP

I can actually do my characters signatures more consistantly than my own. It's actually quite pathetic :D

I look forward to something :D We might extenderate the deadline considering, you know, three days of deadness on the Nexus might become a trend PX

Post by Guest »

*snorfle* Yeah, I can't think in cursive enough to do character sigs, though that sounds like a really awesome project for me... X3 And I can totally buy my calligraphy set now, since I has birfday moneyz. X3

Yeah, I really want in on this, and I have a character and thoughts on this and everything, but I don't know if I'll have time by the 26th, I'd say that July's very busy for me, but outside of working five days a week, it's really not. XD; It's more a matter of my own time management, between personal obligations, work obligations, writing obligaions, and nexus obligations. Personal and dragon things are always the first obligations I throw out the window. XD;;

Also, do you think that all ten of them will go in a month? *headtilt* It seems very ambitious. >_>;

And another-one question. Would a third party be allowed to go negotiate the sale of the shinies for the interested party, or does the interested party /have/ to come to the Conservatory?

Post by Guest »

I think we are trying for ambitious with hopes but we are also flexible so we'll see :P (and whatever shinies don't go, mama gets to keeeep *grins*). Just to give people lots of time.

Yes, totally. Third party negotiations sound right up their alley. In fact, Anaru is very excited to see what you have for him. And by excited I mean that he waaaaaants XP

... Darmeade and the Conservation are turning out to be very very business oriented. And now you have him thinking about Mobster negotiations from the Mafia or something. Thanks XP

GOING TO GO RAMBLE ELSEWHERE NOW.

Post by Guest »

HELLO AGAIN!

Alright, so Kendarath and I are going to try out non-existant luck and toss/pitch/throw/sling-shot another clutch at you. Woo!

This one is for our Moric breeding attempts. The earthy coloured ones are more expensive because Moree is an earth based religious country. AND ALORS. Here's the linky to the clutchy.

http://darkwindart.com/darmeade/moree/01.html

Same rules apply as the first one. This second one will 'close' the ninth of next month. Woohoo.

Post by Guest »

Oh no!!

I really want one of those. I'll have to grok the system now (just reread it, I didn't quite get it at first, want to make sure I don't screw up).

Post by Guest »

Hey ... I know interest is low but ... first clutch closes in a week and a half if you wanted to throw together a little story for one of the ten pretties. :D

(just in case: these stories don't have to be epic. A paragraph that pretty well says that the character has the money and is interested in one of the pretties. Nothing spectacular. Though I really love spectacular, it's a little outlandish for me/us to be asking for such considering how busy everyone is. So yes, anything from a paragraph up is totally and completely acceptable.)

Post by Guest »

E: whooops I'm drunk and shouldn't be posting, basically I was saying I like your clutches a lot in a really typoed way.

Post by Guest »

I have story and layout, and all I need to do is drag a few ships' logs out of Diamonds, and I'll be set. :D Just so you know. ^^;

*chir!*

Post by Guest »

Mud: Haahaa, drunk nexus posting, I love it. I'm glad you like them.

Ixris: Hoorah!

Post by Guest »

Doopdedoop~

There's a week until the first one closes.

Here's the link again::

http://darkwindart.com/darmeade/quir/01.html

Another reminder fellow:

The stories don't have to be epic. A description of the character, something signifying that the character has the "funds" and something indicating which of the pretties the character desires will suffice :D

*skips away*
Kendarath
Dragon

Post by Kendarath »

Another annoying deadline reminder. We're down to three days, and no applications so far. Is there anyone out there interested in getting a candidate in for these guys? We're willing to push the deadline back some if there's still interest :D
ImageImageImageImage
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

If I can think of something, I'd send something in.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

OMG, I just realized I have the perfect person to send in. :O I just gotta get her story goin'... >.>;; (She's so cute. <3)
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Kendarath »

Going into extension-land with the first clutch now. We're pushing the date back to the ninth of next month, same day as the second clutch. As it stands now though, that will be the "for reals" date, and the babies'll grow up, adopted or not.
ImageImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yes please. I had the comic con and now 2 days of doctor's appts with my mom, so I have some time now to work on my idea. :D I can't pass up these adorabbables!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

*FACEPALM* I failed horribly at sending in an app on time, didn't I? Sorry about that. x_x I have all the pages done, it's a matter of linking them together and uploading them, something that, hopefully, will get done tonight/this weekend, depending on how badly I beat Uny back with a stick from the art!computer.

*eyeroll at self and wander back to work again*

Post by Guest »

*slinks in*

.... less than a week left for the first and second clutchy doodles ...

*slithers out*
Kendarath
Dragon

Post by Kendarath »

A daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay (and about eight hours. 0/all the spots filled ...)
ImageImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

argitty. arg.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

>_>

I'm all writted out. I really want to grab a couple - can we buy more than one at a time? It's been so frustrating not being able to come up with a good even short story for someone with these guys... :( they're so freaking cute.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kendarath
Dragon

Post by Kendarath »

Definitely! Especially considering how veeeeeery few buyers we have for these clutches.
ImageImageImageImage